Bioshock Infinite Steam Preorder Bonuses PC wins again.

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Gosh, as copy of XCOM? That's phenomenal. skrat_01

Got it on GMG, got the $15 credit which I then applied towards Tomb Raider, which was already discoutned :) 

PC gmaing has probably saved me 5 times what my hardware cost over the years ;)

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#52 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

I already have all those games :P

KungfuKitten

Wow, how'd you get Bioshock so fast? :o

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Lame bonuses, if you was interested in those you had got them ages ago, 1st Bioshock has been on many Steam sales and i can get it at retailer for 1-5$ if lucky to find it at all.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Lame bonuses, if you was interested in those you had got them ages ago, 1st Bioshock has been on many Steam sales and i can get it at retailer for 1-5$ if lucky to find it at all.

aroxx_ab
You could always trade Bioshock and XCOM to people for other games.
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

But... ummm... then I'd have to play video games on a PC. Why on Earth would I want to do that?

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

But... ummm... then I'd have to play video games on a PC. Why on Earth would I want to do that?

StormyJoe
:lol: with a Quake any, too. Steam and GMG have awesome sales. I'm gonna' midnight launch this one, though. I would rather install off of the three DVDs than salivate over the download percentage for a few hours.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Goyoshi12

StormyJoe

You wouldn't HAVE to play video games on the PC. No one's forcing you to become a PC gamer the minute you play one PC game.

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 ferrarimanf355
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

I already have Bioshock 1, but don't have X-COM. Choices, choices...

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
YES, another pre-order incentive to make your gaming experience way easier than it should be! Boy oh boy, what a deal!
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Goyoshi12

YES, another pre-order incentive to make your gaming experience way easier than it should be! Boy oh boy, what a deal!LustForSoul

Oh hush you don't even know how it will affect the game.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kinthalis

StormyJoe

Maybe because you want to exprience a truly immersive world and not, you know, be stuck with a horrible, low rez, blurry, muddy, poorly lit, pixelized texture covered, jaggie, screen tearing, low FPS mess?

Just a thought.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Gosh, as copy of XCOM? That's phenomenal. Kinthalis

Got it on GMG, got the $15 credit which I then applied towards Tomb Raider, which was already discoutned :) 

PC gmaing has probably saved me 5 times what my hardware cost over the years ;)

Just saw that the 20% voucher on GMG works on the Tomb Raider pre purchase. I'll have the $15 credit as well so I'll get Tomb Raider for $21 :)

Avatar image for Da_Koolio_Gamer
Da_Koolio_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Da_Koolio_Gamer
Member since 2011 • 202 Posts

can i pls have Bioshock if no one wants it when they get it i am saving for ps4... srryXalonR

Just download it illegally from piratebay

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

Kinthalis

Maybe because you want to exprience a truly immersive world and not, you know, be stuck with a horrible, low rez, blurry, muddy, poorly lit, pixelized texture covered, jaggie, screen tearing, low FPS mess?

Just a thought.

Which platform imposes that? I've seen plenty of games running on both PC and consoles, and I can think of exactly two that fit your description (Black Ops PS3 and Splinter Cell Conviction). The rest looked just fine on both.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

The game comes out March 26th. The pre-order offer hasn't even been available for a week yet the bar is still nearly halfway full. I think it's safe to say we'll easily hit the required pre-orders to unlock X-COM.princeofshapeir

Probably, doesn't change the fact that they made it a conditional bonus though.

Because heaven forbid people want to play a highly anticipated game right as it's released and also get some nice bonuses and the feel goods of supporting the dev for making a fairly unorthodox game. (Atleast this shooter tries to be novel in it's setting and use of weapons and powers other than the tacticool omgsoreal guns)General_X

Steam. Full retail. Pick one. Did you really want to support the developer, or were you just sucked in by the tier rewards?

Yeah, I bet your intentions were 100% honourable.

Yeah....paying $60 for three games is defiinitly pre-screwing ourselves....

Goyoshi12

Considering that one of the games you must already have (if you weren't a fan you probably wouldn't have pre-ordered), and the fact that PC titles normally run at $50 a pop. You're really paying an extra $10 just for a shot at that 2nd game.

Oh, and the guy above you must already own it, right? Since he's so biiiiig on supporting the developers.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

Kinthalis

Just a thought.

Sooooo looking a little bit better makes the game iinfinitely more immersive?

You make all these claims that the console version is garbage bu bu but you fail to provide any sort of evidence.

Good job, you win SW.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Makes me really want to go and build a gaming pc
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

Quaker-w00ts

Just a thought.

You make all these claims that the console version is garbage bu bu but you fail to provide any sort of evidence.

Good job, you win SW.

The console version will do fine, but the difference for this game won't be "a little bit better." Full 1080p, 60fps and high res textures across the whole game? Consoles 'ain't doing any of that.
GeForce-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GeForce-
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

Quaker-w00ts

Just a thought.

Good job, you win SW.

It does make games more immersive and enjoyable. The picture is so crisp clear and beautiful that you just want to play more.

That isn't the case on consoles. You just end up wanting to pull your eyeballs out after all the jaggies and blur.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lowe0

[QUOTE="Quaker-w00ts"]

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

Just a thought.

GeForce-

Good job, you win SW.

It does make games more immersive and enjoyable. The picture is so crisp clear and beautiful that you just want to play more.

That isn't the case on consoles. You just end up wanting to pull your eyeballs out after all the jaggies and blur.

In the past week, I've played Crysis 3 on both PC and 360. Not once did I feel any inclination to harm my eyeballs.
FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

GMG also has a deal where you get Bioshock 1 for free, your choice of either Spec Ops: The Line, Bioshock 2, The Darkness 2, or Civilization V for free, and $15 in GMG credit (or $14 cash back).

I am probably going ot end up buying it from there

BPoole96
yea, this is deff a better deal.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Kinthalis

[QUOTE="GeForce-"]

[QUOTE="Quaker-w00ts"]

Good job, you win SW.

lowe0

In the past week, I've played Crysis 3 on both PC and 360. Not once did I feel any inclination to harm my eyeballs.

That's because you're already blind.

Crysis 3 on LOW looks better than the console version. That's how bad the console version looks.

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

Will this be preloadable?

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Yeah....paying $60 for three games is defiinitly pre-screwing ourselves....

Gxgear

Considering that one of the games you must already have (if you weren't a fan you probably wouldn't have pre-ordered), and the fact that PC titles normally run at $50 a pop. You're really paying an extra $10 just for a shot at that 2nd game.

Oh, and the guy above you must already own it, right? Since he's so biiiiig on supporting the developers.

Um....I don't own BioShock. So....yeah....

Anyways, you do have the option trade them away, as it says if you already own it you can give it to a friend or just do whatever you want with it like trade it for a better game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="GeForce-"]

[QUOTE="Quaker-w00ts"]

Good job, you win SW.

lowe0

Kudos for you, now go away

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Paying full RETAIL price for a Steam game, sounds like a great idea. It's not like they won't have a Steam sale for it down the line or anything.

Sterling was right, some of us are conditioned to pre-screw ourselves.

Gxgear

Under this idea nobody should ever buy new.

If it's worth $50 to someone to get it as soon as possible then it's not stupid for them to buy it despite the fact that it'll go on sale later.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

just bought Bioshock 1 during winter sale... derp

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Gxgear

Anyways, you do have the option trade them away, as it says if you already own it you can give it to a friend or just do whatever you want with it like trade it for a better game.

Goyoshi12

So you're up about $1 there, I guess things do work out!

Not owning the original of the 3rd installment you're about to buy, and buying with the intent to trade...I feel like some priorities were warped there.

Under this idea nobody should ever buy new.

If it's worth $50 to someone to get it as soon as possible then it's not stupid for them to buy it despite the fact that it'll go on sale later.

Ly_the_Fairy

It's not an idea, that's the reality of it. It's why Steam gets trotted out for a show and tell every time a sale happens.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="GeForce-"]

Kinthalis

Crysis 3 on LOW looks better than the console version. That's how bad the console version looks.

Vision's just fine. Had it checked last year. Any other hypotheses?
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
can i pls have Bioshock if no one wants it when they get it i am saving for ps4... srryXalonR
Lol. Asking for free stuff when they claim they are saving for a 500+ dollar console. Yeah. No.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] In the past week, I've played Crysis 3 on both PC and 360. Not once did I feel any inclination to harm my eyeballs.lowe0

You don't care about graphics? That was simple enough.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lowe0
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

DragonfireXZ95

Setting aside the hyperbole of pulling out one's eyeballs (the prior poster's, not mine), surely if it was so horrible even someone who doesn't care about graphics would have some sort of reaction. Really, the only thing that stuck out was that some of the vents don't have heat distortions, and the water in the first interior shot of the dome looks different (and I actually preferred the console version, as the PC version looked exaggerated).
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Christ Low will ruin any thread.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Gxgear

Not owning the original of the 3rd installment you're about to buy, and buying with the intent to trade...I feel like some priorities were warped there.

....I'm not preodering Infinite.

Also, who said I was talking about myself? I'm talking about all these other people who probably already have the forementioned games and isn't Infinte like a prequelesque game rather than a direct third game?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="lowe0"] Vision's just fine. Had it checked last year. Any other hypotheses?lowe0

Setting aside the hyperbole of pulling out one's eyeballs (the prior poster's, not mine), surely if it was so horrible even someone who doesn't care about graphics would have some sort of reaction. Really, the only thing that stuck out was that some of the vents don't have heat distortions, and the water in the first interior shot of the dome looks different (and I actually preferred the console version, as the PC version looked exaggerated).

You =/= everyone else. Sorry to burst your bubble. Your preferences don't matter to anyone else, no matter who you think you are. So stop trying to force it down everyone's throat.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] You don't care about graphics? That was simple enough.DragonfireXZ95

You =/= everyone else. Sorry to burst your bubble. Your preferences don't matter to anyone else, no matter who you think you are. So stop trying to force it down everyone's throat.

Actually, I'm not trying to force my opinion down anyone's throat. Quite the opposite - I'm arguing against the absolute application of anyone's opinion. It's amusing to see you attempt to attribute to me the polar opposite of my argument.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12

Also, who said I was talking about myself? I'm talking about all these other people who probably already have the forementioned games and isn't Infinte like a prequelesque game rather than a direct third game?

So why hop back and forth between yourself and whoever's pre-ordering then, since you're not in that group of folks I'm referring to? Bioshock Infinite being a side-quel is irrelevant.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

Gxgear

So why hop back and forth between yourself and whoever's pre-ordering then, since you're not in that group of folks I'm referring to? Bioshock Infinite being a side-quel is irrelevant.

Actually, being side-quel is relevant as it pretty much means as long as you have some understanding of BioShock then the game is open for everyone. Of course, all games are open to everyone, it's not like I haven't played the second game first in a series. What I'm saying is that this gives people a lot of incentive to pick it up for several free games that they can either enjoy if they haven't owned them yet or trade them off if they do already own them. Simple.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12

Actually, being side-quel is relevant as it pretty much means as long as you have some understanding of BioShock then the game is open for everyone. Of course, all games are open to everyone, it's not like I haven't played the second game first in a series. What I'm saying is that this gives people a lot of incentive to pick it up for several free games that they can either enjoy if they haven't owned them yet or trade them off if they do already own them. Simple.

While being a side-quel allows people to enter the franchise without much understanding of the previous works in the series, it's questionable why non-fans would want to pay full price for this when the first 2 can be had fo less than a fiver.

It moved up about 10% since the weekend over 3 days, so if you extrapolate that it would just miss the tier 3 unlock. The status of that last game being "free" is very much in the air. If I were someone like you're describing, I would at least wait for those rewards being guaranteed.