Biggest Psycho You've Encountered Online?

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#52 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="argetlam00"]No he doesn't. See the difference is his remark is fully justified. Rage quitters are the worst type of gamers. Heck I would even prefer a psycho. I can just mute him and at least finish the game.argetlam00

Didn't he already humiliate the guy enough by making him ragequit?

Nope, he simply played the game and turned the tides against him.

Why does he feel the need to message him? Personally I'd be satisfied in the knowledge that I made someone rage...I wouldn't feel the need to gloat as well.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#53 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

A guy named 14inchesofpain

I think its self explainitory

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] Didn't he already humiliate the guy enough by making him ragequit?Cherokee_Jack

Why does he feel the need to message him? Personally I'd be satisfied in the knowledge that I made someone rage...I wouldn't feel the need to gloat as well.

See I don't play games to make someone miserable. I play to have fun. It is terribly dissapointing to have someone quit on you just when the game finally goes in your favor. It kills all satisfaction and leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Its like in World of Warcraft, you are about to kill a tough raid boss (he is at 2% lets say) and the server crashes.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
Rage quitters are the one who usually sends messages first, so it's kind of odd he is the one who sends a message first to someone who is probably already annoyed by playing a game with him. That was just tempting to **** someone off to be honest.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="argetlam00"]

argetlam00

See I don't play games to make someone miserable. I play to have fun. It is terribly dissapointing to have someone quit on you just when the game finally goes in your favor. It kills all satisfaction and leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

...So you'd send the guy a message saying that he sucks instead of moving on with your life?
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Luxen90

See I don't play games to make someone miserable. I play to have fun. It is terribly dissapointing to have someone quit on you just when the game finally goes in your favor. It kills all satisfaction and leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Its like in World of Warcraft, you are about to kill a tough raid boss (he is at 2% lets say) and the server crashes.

argetlam00

Depends on the game to be honest. If I'm playing a fighting game online and beating someone down, then they rage quit. It's such a good feeling and it gets even better with a topping of hate mail.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 argetlam00

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] Why does he feel the need to message him? Personally I'd be satisfied in the knowledge that I made someone rage...I wouldn't feel the need to gloat as well.Cherokee_Jack

See I don't play games to make someone miserable. I play to have fun. It is terribly dissapointing to have someone quit on you just when the game finally goes in your favor. It kills all satisfaction and leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

...So you'd send the guy a message saying that he sucks instead of moving on with your life?

No, personally I would just block him to avoid ever playing with him again. But I don't look down on that guy for telling that low-life exactly what he is. I just never got any satisfaction from having someone rage quit. It just annoyed and angered me.

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts
[QUOTE="argetlam00"]No he doesn't. See the difference is his remark is fully justified. Rage quitters are the worst type of gamers. Heck I would even prefer a psycho. I can just mute him and at least finish the game.Cherokee_Jack

This is something I'll never understand, the unique mindset gamer that 'ragequits', they genuinely see loss as humiliation - it's not 'just a game'. Losses are not just something to avoid, they are completely unacceptable.
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Luxen90

No, personally I would just block him to avoid ever playing with him again. But I don't look down on that guy for telling that low-life exactly what he is. I just never got any satisfaction from having someone rage quit. It just annoyed and angered me.

argetlam00

So he's a low life, because he decides to rage quit against someone he doesn't want to play with now:|

I can understand being annoyed by someone who rage quit, but Some-Mist pretty much tempted the guy who was probably just as annoyed by sending a message saying he sucks, that's just rubbing it in the player's face.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 argetlam00

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

Luxen90

So he's a low life, because he decides to rage quit against someone he doesn't want to play with now:|

Haha is that honestly how you see it? Ragequitters quit because they are losing. Thats the only reason. They just can't take losing and by quitting they save their "dignity" or something bizzare like that.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 argetlam00

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

Luxen90

I can understand being annoyed by someone who rage quit, but Some-Mist pretty much tempted the guy who was probably just as annoyed by sending a message saying he sucks, that's just rubbing it in the player's face.

Good. I hope it made him burst into tears :lol:

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Luxen90

[QUOTE="Luxen90"]

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

argetlam00

Haha is that honestly how you see it? Ragequitters quit because they are losing. Thats the only reason. They just can't take losing and by quitting they save their "dignity" or something bizzare like that.

Read my edit I accidentally send half of what I meant to say
Nevermind.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="argetlam00"]No he doesn't. See the difference is his remark is fully justified. Rage quitters are the worst type of gamers. Heck I would even prefer a psycho. I can just mute him and at least finish the game.Kan0nF0dder

This is something I'll never understand, the unique mindset gamer that 'ragequits', they genuinely see loss as humiliation - it's not 'just a game'. Losses are not just something to avoid, they are completely unacceptable.

? I'm not sure what you mean.
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Luxen90
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] ? I'm not sure what you mean.

He's saying he doesn't understand how some gamers can't just take a lost, taking it way too serious, so they quit before they lose or something along the lines of that.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Cherokee_Jack
No, personally I would just block him to avoid ever playing with him again. But I don't look down on that guy for telling that low-life exactly what he is. I just never got any satisfaction from having someone rage quit. It just annoyed and angered me.argetlam00
IDK, I wouldn't care that much. I could just laugh off any annoyance over it because of how childish the other guy was.
Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Kan0nF0dder

[QUOTE="Luxen90"]

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

argetlam00

Yup that's exactly it, it's pathetic. They deserve to be told it's not cool, cause it's really not - if you are loosing against someone you suck it up and finish your game, you don't "take your ball and go home" - hell you might even learn something from the the player who's deservedly handing you your ***.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Hardcore racists on Black Ops. Nazi/White Supremacist emblems, clan tags, and pretty messed up jokes.

It was very satisfying to get the final kill cam on them (double kill) so of course I started to talk ****.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Luxen90

argetlam00

Honestly, I see it in many different ways on why a player would rage quit. It all depends on the person. Sure they are losing, but I think most of the time it's how they are losing that makes them rage more. But yeah I agree it's usually their dignity

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Kan0nF0dder
[QUOTE="Luxen90"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] ? I'm not sure what you mean.

He's saying he doesn't understand how some gamers can't just take a lost, taking it way too serious, so they quit before they lose or something along the lines of that.

That's pretty much it.
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Luxen90
Rage quitting honestly has never bothered me, it's just another way of letting me know I have to be doing something right if the player must quit against me, then send me hate mail right after(usually how it goes).
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#72 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

I could think of a certain someone from a certain video game website who shall go unnamed...

clone01

Yes, I know what you mean. There's a member of a site I'm on who insults users and then deletes the posts to avoid being moderated. Very erratic behavior, to say the least.

Really? That's so funny because I just so happen to know a guy a who did that once, apologised for it, then moved on. Apparently the guy who he apologised to is now obsessively stalking him all over an internet forum and no matter what he says or does, simply can't get rid of said stalker. Very creepy behavior, to say the least.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

I was approached by a nice gentleman in WOW who wanted me to join his guild. So I did. After a couple of weeks and meeting most of the 20 ppl in the guild I started noticing something. They always seemed angry. Then one day they started making some racial jokes and one of them said "white power". So I asked "What did you mean when you said white power?" He said,"We are a nazi/white supremacy guild."

Shocked was a fair word to use for my reaction if not downplayed. I asked why they thought I would wanted to join his guild. He said something like I had joined a conversation in general chat sticking up for him or something the day he asked me. From what I remember I was saying that the ppl picking on him shouldn't sense they don't know him personally.

I then told him I was not the type of person to be in that type of guild and left.

I will NEVER forget that. Players who knew me were asking me if I was a nazi after I left and I had to tell them that I did not know. Seems when I came back it was after a couple of nazi type guild had formed on my server and I had no idea. Everyone knew except me.

Just goes to show...WOW is just like real life, it has every type of person.

DudeNtheRoom

That's hillarious. I mean, there are a lot of nazies in WoW but usually not the litteral kind.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="Luxen90"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] ? I'm not sure what you mean.

Oh, I see. I can understand quitting a shooter because you're having a really bad match. I've done that. But quitting a 1v1 game because you're losing is so petty that I'd rather suffer a loss than admit that it got to me by quitting.
Upparoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Upparoom
Member since 2010 • 2111 Posts

I think ChoZo takes the cake here, but I'm almost positive he's acting. He's still insane, though.

I don't usually come across insane people in online games, but I remember this guy on this TF2 24/7 2fort server who sniped all the time. He thought he was amazing, and was generally the type of person to rage at bodyshots. Sadly, there are tons of other TF2 players exactly like him.

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Kan0nF0dder
Rage quitting honestly has never bothered me, it's just another way of letting me know I have to be doing something right if the player must quit against me, then send me hate mail right after(usually how it goes).Luxen90
Thing is, it can make a game close to unplayable. Always seems to be sports/RTS/fighters...anything one on one, they're intense and it shows up the worst loosers.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#79 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

You fit the definition of this topic. Sure, it sucks to have someone rage quit on you, but you also were the one that messaged him just to annoy him and piss him off even more.CajunShooter
When you say you play just for fun and not to piss someone off - it's not much fun when someone leaves when the game isn't over. sometimes it happens midway through (2nd period) or earlier. argetalm00 has it right. It's very frustrating when someone leaves even within the last minute of the game in nhl 11.
do you play by any chance?

also what description would I fit in the topic? I kept my cool the entire time and wouldn't have considered myself a 'psycho' by any means. I just gave him a little jab since I would have beaten him fair and square if he decided to stick around.

Rage quitters are the one who usually sends messages first, so it's kind of odd he is the one who sends a message first to someone who is probably already annoyed by playing a game with him. That was just tempting to **** someone off to be honest.Luxen90
do you play nhl 11? if you're losing a game in the 3rd period at the very end of the game, ragequit and see if someone messages you. I've left the game a couple of times and I've gotten quite a lot of hatemail from doing it. I've learned to just go through with the loss since I quickly figured out that it's pretty upsetting when someone feels the need to disconnect.

He's saying he doesn't understand how some gamers can't just take a lost, taking it way too serious, so they quit before they lose or something along the lines of that.Luxen90

in nhl 11 if you quit before the end of the game, the person losing doesn't lose any points and maintains their perfect record. In a sense, it's cheating.

also, I find it funny that someone was offended by my message here on gamespot. uptight much? lol

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]It's not much fun when someone leaves when the game isn't over, or sometimes midway through or later. argetalm00 has it right. It's very frustrating when someone leaves within the last minute of the game in nhl 11. do you play by any chance? also what description would I fit in the topic? I kept my cool the entire time.

I don't play it, no. But it seems to me that you could have said something more civil than "lol you suck". You're just provoking the guy further.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

Play WoW as a healer, it's interesting.

One time I had won a nice new item so I wanted to equip it. I told the other guys to wait for me because I couldn't find it in my bags. The tank however couldn't wait so he continued and died. Obviously. Result: **** healer!!!

Another time I asked the tank to wait because I needed mana, but Iwas told to keep going. A little later on I wanted to have a short break to re-organize my spell setup because it didn't work well for me. I was told to shut the **** up and keep on moving. The fight continued between us and before I knew it he started talking about my mother lol..

I've had countless of tanks blaming me for their death even though some random DPS pulled another group by accident, during boss fights.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
Guppy507 is a ****ing maniac.
king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts
I can't say I've ever seen "narcissistic" behaviour online, but I suppose all of the others are commonplace, particularly on Xbox LIVE (simply because there's more people with mics to express their 'opinions').
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Luxen90

do you play nhl 11? if you're losing a game in the 3rd period at the very end of the game, ragequit and see if someone messages you. I've left the game a couple of times and I've gotten quite a lot of hatemail from doing it. I've learned to just go through with the loss, but it's pretty upsetting when someone feels the need to disconnect.Some-Mist

No and I don't rage quit, it's just not me. I know it's upsetting, but I'm just saying I think you could of went a different way with the situation than the way you did. It's like the guy wasn't exactly that much of a psycho until you provoked him lol.

in nhl 11 if you quit before the end of the game, the person losing doesn't lose any points and maintains their perfect record. In a sense, it's cheating.

Some-Mist

Oh really? Is there some sort of system that tells you how many times a player has disconnected or a percentage?

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#85 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Eh, I haven't received too much grief online. A couple of racists, a recent funny one was someone who kept replying with a variety of swear words as I replied "umad" every single time. Was fun to see how long he would go on for :P.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]It's not much fun when someone leaves when the game isn't over, or sometimes midway through or later. argetalm00 has it right. It's very frustrating when someone leaves within the last minute of the game in nhl 11. do you play by any chance? also what description would I fit in the topic? I kept my cool the entire time.Cherokee_Jack
I don't play it, no. But it seems to me that you could have said something more civil than "lol you suck". You're just provoking the guy further.

I said it "must suck to suck". and I'm sure it does.

"You're just provoking the guy further."
exactly. if he doesn't have the decency to stick around and he feels the need to cheat/ragequit, it makes it even more fun to rub it in his face since he felt the need to ruin my experience. thanks for clearing that up tho.

what tops it off is I was able to report him as well. he will learn to keep his cool.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Luxen90

[QUOTE="Luxen90"]Rage quitting honestly has never bothered me, it's just another way of letting me know I have to be doing something right if the player must quit against me, then send me hate mail right after(usually how it goes).Kan0nF0dder
Thing is, it can make a game close to unplayable. Always seems to be sports/RTS/fighters...anything one on one, they're intense and it shows up the worst loosers.

I don't really play many sports games nor RTS online, but I can definitely see how much more frustrating it can be to put so much time into one match then have a player disconnect. I mainly play fighters online, but it never really bothered me that much, because I can play one match for at least 2 mins have someone disconnect and easily just get right into another match and win or lose. I definitely see what you are coming from though.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Some-Mist

I'm just saying I think you could of went a different way with the situation than the way you did. It's like the guy wasn't exactly that much of a psycho until you provoked him lol.Luxen90

oh well :P

Oh really? Is there some sort of system that tells you how many times a player has disconnected or a percentage?

Luxen90

not sure, but I do know that the points + win streak stays positive. I haven't looked into if you can tell a players win/loss ratio altho I'm sure there is some leaderboards since these are all "ranked matches". I tend to just play for fun which is why I've learned to stick around for the players who have beaten me fair and square.

ZippySlappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ZippySlappy
Member since 2009 • 2664 Posts
Me and jg4xchamp and Fabz were playing Uncharted 2 when some black guy started shouting at champ "You goddamn n****,i'll **** you up and **** you in your sleep,m*********). Champ went:"lol,Why u mad tho".
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#90 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Me and jg4xchamp and Fabz were playing Uncharted 2 when some black guy started shouting at champ "You goddamn n****,i'll **** you up and **** you in your sleep,m*********). Champ went:"lol,Why u mad tho".ZippySlappy
I remember this. Was funny : D.
TheRealLisaAnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 TheRealLisaAnn
Member since 2010 • 160 Posts
I seem to find a lot of C.A.B.s on gaming sites for some reason (where i mostly hang out) so I'm going with that choice.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="Some-Mist"]It's not much fun when someone leaves when the game isn't over, or sometimes midway through or later. argetalm00 has it right. It's very frustrating when someone leaves within the last minute of the game in nhl 11. do you play by any chance? also what description would I fit in the topic? I kept my cool the entire time.Some-Mist

I said it "must suck to suck". and I'm sure it does.

"You're just provoking the guy further."
exactly. if he doesn't have the decency to stick around and he feels the need to cheat/ragequit, it makes it even more fun to rub it in his face since he felt the need to ruin my experience. thanks for clearing that up tho.

what tops it off is I was able to report him as well. he will learn to keep his cool.

OK, whatever. I wasn't the one trying to say you fit into the topic anyway. I'm just not the kind of person to message someone even if they are being an ass. I prefer to ignore them.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Luxen90

[QUOTE="Luxen90"]I'm just saying I think you could of went a different way with the situation than the way you did. It's like the guy wasn't exactly that much of a psycho until you provoked him lol.Some-Mist

You created that Frankenstein and now he will send hate mail to everyone he plays against. Shame on you

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Really? That's so funny because I just so happen to know a guy a who did that once, apologised for it, then moved on. Apparently the guy who he apologised to is now obsessively stalking him all over an internet forum and no matter what he says or does, simply can't get rid of said stalker. Very creepy behavior, to say the least.

Master_ShakeXXX
well, that's pretty rough. i sure don't envy that person.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]

[QUOTE="Luxen90"]I'm just saying I think you could of went a different way with the situation than the way you did. It's like the guy wasn't exactly that much of a psycho until you provoked him lol.Luxen90

You created that Frankenstein and now he will send hate mail to everyone he plays against. Shame on you

if he can win a match :]
if you ragequit, you don't move down to your appropriate rank either. since you have high points and a high win streak, you will continue to be placed against people in higher tiers :lol:

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
Can't think of any psychos right now, but annoyances definitely. Kids unable to use a mic without singing. The second I hear it, they get muted. And kids (again, sorry!) who feel the need to team kill me when I'm doing well. Oh, and people who need to insult me after they thrash me at Fifa - but I reply to their messages with "lol, you're not that good - the last guy beat me 10-0"
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
Can't think of any psychos right now, but annoyances definitely. Kids unable to use a mic without singing. The second I hear it, they get muted. And kids (again, sorry!) who feel the need to team kill me when I'm doing well. Oh, and people who need to insult me after they thrash me at Fifa - but I reply to their messages with "lol, you're not that good - the last guy beat me 10-0"Ravensmash
the mute button was truly a great invention. in all honesty, i barely ever play outside of my group of friends anymore.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Can't think of any psychos right now, but annoyances definitely. Kids unable to use a mic without singing. The second I hear it, they get muted. And kids (again, sorry!) who feel the need to team kill me when I'm doing well. Oh, and people who need to insult me after they thrash me at Fifa - but I reply to their messages with "lol, you're not that good - the last guy beat me 10-0"clone01
the mute button was truly a great invention. in all honesty, i barely ever play outside of my group of friends anymore.

I don't mind if it's a bunch of people my age (late teens onwards) or any age as long as they're mature. I just cannot stand whining or screaming or singing, I'm not Simon Cowell, and if I was I'd probably tell them to get lost :P
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#99 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

I have heard some pretty abusive fathers yelling at there family while playing... :?

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#100 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Can't think of any psychos right now, but annoyances definitely. Kids unable to use a mic without singing. The second I hear it, they get muted. And kids (again, sorry!) who feel the need to team kill me when I'm doing well. Oh, and people who need to insult me after they thrash me at Fifa - but I reply to their messages with "lol, you're not that good - the last guy beat me 10-0"clone01

Now this comment of yours I 100% agree with. I would gladly hand over a large sum of money to Gamespot if they would allow us a mute button.