GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2452 Posts

Series S is holding back the Series X no more! Good move by Phil to admit defeat here. Things were only gonna get worse

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

The Series S is the worst creation in decades. MS should be ashamed of themselves for even releasing it. Truly is a system that holds the Xbox brand back. So much so for that 1440p/60-120fps when it can't even handle coop

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12957 Posts

Need to insert some facts here.

You mentioned Series S, is there a future where you do have to leave it behind for some titles? Baldur's Gate 3 is a big one this year and obviously we're still waiting for the Xbox version of that, and where split-screen appears to be the issue. And it was mentioned recently that Forza Motorsport won't ship with splitscreen...

Spencer: Those two things aren't really related. Forza Motorsport was never going to have splitscreen. That's just a decision the team made based on usage. We see how many people play in splitscreen and just decided to put our dev effort where people are actually playing.

On S, specifically, we designed the box with similarities to X, and clear places where we're targeting a different performance. And we're taking feedback from devs including Larian, I met with them today to talk about it and I'm confident we're going to find a good solution and we're going to learn.

I don't see a world where we drop S. In terms of parity, I don't think you've heard from us or Larian, that this was about parity. I think that's more that the community is talking about it. There are features that ship on X today that do not ship on S, even from our own games, like ray-tracing that works on X, it's not on S in certain games. So for an S customer, they spent roughly half what the X customer bought, they understand that it's not going to run the same way.

I want to make sure games are available on both, that's our job as a platform holder and we're committed to that with our partners. And I think we're gonna get there with Larian. So I'm not overly worried about that, but we've learned some stuff through it. Having an entry level price point for console, sub-$300, is a good thing for the industry. I think it's important, the Switch has been able to do that, in terms of kind of the traditional plug-into-my-television consoles. I think it's important. So we're committed.

https://www.eurogamer.net/the-definitive-xbox-gamescom-interview

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45113 Posts

Sneaky Phil does it again. First he said that MS wasn’t interested in acquiring companies to take games away from gamers, now he’s screwing over XSS owners!

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@kvallyx: Um, didn’t Turn 10 say they were working on split screen, it just wasn’t ready for launch… Phil said it was never gonna have split screen? Somebody didn’t read the script… Phil’s also playing fast and loose with the parity clause all of a sudden. Something has changed over there at Xbox…

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

Bet you if BG3's popularity was on par with Divinity 2, it would've never happened. But because the game is massive on pc, MS closed their eyes on parity, and accepted what they said that they wouldn't.😅

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45113 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Bet you if BG3's popularity was on par with Divinity 2, it would've never happened. But because the game is massive on pc, MS closed their eyes on parity, and accepted what they said that they wouldn't.😅

What’s next, Starfield on XSS won’t let you go beyond Earth??

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Maybe I should wait for the XSX version to hit before picking this game up. Interesting. 🤔

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Thanks Phil, I'm now a second class citizen on Xbox.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@ghostofgolden: MS also sent engineers to Larien to help them optimize their code. Parity will be restored at some later date. This is a good move by MS - why let Sony have a free win, even if it's temporary?

This is a code optimization thing, not a hardware thing. Devs today suck at optimization - every software engineer should have to write an API that can service 10,000 concurrent calls on a Pentium processor before they can take a job. Those are the things I had to do in the 90s.

I see this crap every single day at my job.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Its pathetic, truly.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

The Series S is the worst creation in decades. MS should be ashamed of themselves for even releasing it. Truly is a system that holds the Xbox brand back. So much so for that 1440p/60-120fps when it can't even handle coop

Worst creation. Not everyone can afford a Series X or even a P55. The Series X for example in my country costs $700 including GST+applicable prov. taxes(zero provincial taxes in Alberta). The P55 is around the same price too if you can’t get a discount. The digital version is 100 dollars less than the regular ps5 if it is not bundled. The series S could have been designed better but in a lot of countries gaming is not that affordable for people compared to the US.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GhostOfGolden

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KvallyX
@ghostofgolden said:

@kvallyx: Um, didn’t Turn 10 say they were working on split screen, it just wasn’t ready for launch… Phil said it was never gonna have split screen? Somebody didn’t read the script… Phil’s also playing fast and loose with the parity clause all of a sudden. Something has changed over there at Xbox…

They never said it would or wouldn't be there though. Looks like he is leaving his options open. And no, he isn't playing fast or loose. He already has shown that Series S and X do get different features, even from first party.

And for split-screen, Esaki said the team's "heavy investment in pushing our new graphical features and our complete overhaul of the rendering engine, unfortunately made split-screen really difficult to implement, and is also not going to be in for launch."

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KvallyX
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Starfield on PS5:

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GhostOfGolden

@kvallyx said:
@ghostofgolden said:

They never said it would or wouldn't be there though. Looks like he is leaving his options open.

And for split-screen, Esaki said the team's "heavy investment in pushing our new graphical features and our complete overhaul of the rendering engine, unfortunately made split-screen really difficult to implement, and is also not going to be in for launch."

That sounds like they tried and/or are still working on it. Phil said it was never there… The messaging is starting to get a little muddy. Something Xbox has handled quite well to this point

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@kvallyx said:

You mentioned Series S, is there a future where you do have to leave it behind for some titles? Baldur's Gate 3 is a big one this year and obviously we're still waiting for the Xbox version of that, and where split-screen appears to be the issue. And it was mentioned recently that Forza Motorsport won't ship with splitscreen...

Spencer: Those two things aren't really related. Forza Motorsport was never going to have splitscreen. That's just a decision the team made based on usage. We see how many people play in splitscreen and just decided to put our dev effort where people are actually playing.

On S, specifically, we designed the box with similarities to X, and clear places where we're targeting a different performance. And we're taking feedback from devs including Larian, I met with them today to talk about it and I'm confident we're going to find a good solution and we're going to learn.

I don't see a world where we drop S. In terms of parity, I don't think you've heard from us or Larian, that this was about parity. I think that's more that the community is talking about it. There are features that ship on X today that do not ship on S, even from our own games, like ray-tracing that works on X, it's not on S in certain games. So for an S customer, they spent roughly half what the X customer bought, they understand that it's not going to run the same way.

I want to make sure games are available on both, that's our job as a platform holder and we're committed to that with our partners. And I think we're gonna get there with Larian. So I'm not overly worried about that, but we've learned some stuff through it. Having an entry level price point for console, sub-$300, is a good thing for the industry. I think it's important, the Switch has been able to do that, in terms of kind of the traditional plug-into-my-television consoles. I think it's important. So we're committed.

"I don't think you've heard from us or Larian, that this was about parity."

We did hear it from Larian though. “We have no exclusivity deal that prevents us from launching on Xbox,” Larian Studios director of publishing Michael Douse said on X in July. “The issue is a technical hurdle. We cannot remove the split-screen feature because we are obliged to launch with feature parity, and so continue to try and make it work.”

Phil's not being truthful.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Class action lawsuit incoming... Lol at Phil comparing split screen co-op to ray-tracing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen

@super600 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Worst creation. Not everyone can afford a Series X or even a P55. The Series X for example in my country costs $700 including GST+applicable prov. taxes(zero provincial taxes in Alberta). The P55 is around the same price too if you can’t get a discount. The digital version is 100 dollars less than the regular ps5 if it is not bundled. The series S could have been designed better but in a lot of countries gaming is not that affordable for people compared to the US.

I am from Canada as well. Its expensive, sure, but that is why you get rid of your last gen stuff when buying new. Buying a Series S while telling yourself that this is an upgrade from previous generation is just being delusional. The system is a lie. They made you repurchase last gen hardware.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KvallyX

@ghostofgolden said:
@kvallyx said:
@ghostofgolden said:

They never said it would or wouldn't be there though. Looks like he is leaving his options open.

That sounds like they tried and/or are still working on it. Phil said it was never there… The messaging is starting to get a little muddy. Something Xbox has handled quite well to this point

Nah, just supplying the facts. It was never there obviously. Chris said it was hard to implement with their new graphical direction.

@fedor said:
@kvallyx said:

We did hear it from Larian though. “We have no exclusivity deal that prevents us from launching on Xbox,” Larian Studios director of publishing Michael Douse said on X in July. “The issue is a technical hurdle. We cannot remove the split-screen feature because we are obliged to launch with feature parity, and so continue to try and make it work.”

Maybe Larian wasn't being truthful and assumed they had to have it. And yet other games have forgone parity before his game.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

just don't get why first time ever we got 2 different powered machine from any company.

xbox said screw developers we are going to make a last gen machine with a great cpu.

then force them to down scale there work.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

Microsoft game vs a game that a microsoft console can't handle🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

Loading Video...
GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GhostOfGolden

@joshrmeyer said:

Class action lawsuit incoming... Lol at Phil comparing split screen co-op to ray-tracing.

I thought the same thing. Ray tracing and other graphical eye candy aren’t the same thing as an entire way to play a game… Off script Phil isn’t the best Phil…

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

I prefer this more hands-on iteration of Phil. Reassuring that he's willing to make the tough calls at least.

Fwiw, I hope they find a way of getting this feature implemented on S eventually. There are games I'd still play sub-optimally on PC, and BG3 split screen is a good parallel.

Eh, good news for X gamers, at any rate.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fedor
@kvallyx said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Nah, just supplying the facts. It was never there obviously. Chris said it was hard to implement with their new graphical direction.

@fedor said:
@kvallyx said:

Maybe Larian wasn't being truthful and assumed they had to have it. And yet other games have forgone parity before his game.

That would be highly unlikely. Larian clearly stated it was because of Parity though, so Phil's not being truthful.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8063 Posts

the bad PR was definitely piling up.. absolutely anything and everything to do with a game being delayed on Xbox was going to start being blamed on the Series S..

this does potentially set a precedent for "lazy devs" to skimp out on features for the Series S whenever it's convenient.. Xbox is going to have to walk a thin tightrope on this one..

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1046 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

Series S is holding back the Series X no more! Good move by Phil to admit defeat here. Things were only gonna get worse

These suckers Phil Spencer and all from Xbox should be sued properly

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By super600  Moderator
@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I am from Canada as well. Its expensive, sure, but that is why you get rid of your last gen stuff when buying new. Buying a Series S while telling yourself that this is an upgrade from previous generation is just being delusional. The system is a lie. They made you repurchase last gen hardware.

Their are definitely ways to get around the high prices especially if you have access to MS rewards or can sell some of your stuff but not everyone can do that depending on where they live and their game library. In some countries like brazil and even Australia the X/PS5 are quite expensive which makes the S a better option in these markets assuming that you have the internet infrastructure to support buying a console. The biggest reason I have an S which wasn't the true reason I impluse bought one almost two years ago is that it fits my current setup really well. I originally bought an S because I was getting tired of the slow HDD speeds on the one and I couldn't play infinite at 30fps. I will likely upgrade to a Series X eventually and by the time I do I will have enough MS rewards point to get that console for a significantly reduced price.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

I wonder what the specific issues were around Split screen. It seems to be a problem for the Series S in general. I mean I get that the Series S is weak. But far weaker systems still had split screen in the past.

As for the news....mixed feelings.

On the one hand: Yay more people get to play the game.

On the other hand it could open the flood gates for more games with lesser Series S versions in the Gameplay and/or content department.

I do think it's fair to expect a visual downgrade if you have a series S. You paid less. it's not as powerful. Visual features like RT will be gone in a lot of cases.

But now Series S owners can't be confident they are getting the same gameplay features and content too?

It's getting to the point now where console games will need a system requirements section on the back of the Box :S.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KvallyX

@fedor said:
@kvallyx said:

That would be highly unlikely. Larian clearly stated it was because of Parity though, so Phil's not being truthful.

So why would other games not have had parity, including first party?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fedor

@kvallyx said:
@fedor said:
@kvallyx said:

How would I know? I'm not privy to their clauses, but Larian is. Doesn't really matter, Phil said Larian didn't say it was because of the parity clause when they clearly did and Phil is well aware of it.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3401 Posts

Damn that sucks, that's way too many games FFS! I was hoping for a 2024 release. But it was the right move.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 super600  Moderator

@osan0 said:

I wonder what the specific issues were around Split screen. It seems to be a problem for the Series S in general. I mean I get that the Series S is weak. But far weaker systems still had split screen in the past.

As for the news....mixed feelings.

On the one hand: Yay more people get to play the game.

On the other hand it could open the flood gates for more games with lesser Series S versions in the Gameplay and/or content department.

I do think it's fair to expect a visual downgrade if you have a series S. You paid less. it's not as powerful. Visual features like RT will be gone in a lot of cases.

But now Series S owners can't be confident they are getting the same gameplay features and content too?

It's getting to the point now where console games will need a system requirements section on the back of the Box :S.

BG3 was running two instances of the game in spiltscreen. Players were also not tethered together in spiltscreen so you could have one person on one side of the map killing a boss while another person was exploring a bunch of ruins on the other side of the map. It's a very rare edge case I don't see being repeated much this gen since most of the differences between the three current gen consoles should continue to be graphical differences.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

@super600 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Their are definitely ways to get around the high prices especially if you have access to MS rewards or can sell some of your stuff but not everyone can do that depending on where they live and their game library. In some countries like brazil and even Australia the X/PS5 are quite expensive which makes the S a better option in these markets assuming that you have the internet infrastructure to support buying a console. The biggest reason I have an S which wasn't the true reason I impluse bought one almost two years ago is that it fits my current setup really well. I originally bought an S because I was getting tired of the slow HDD speeds on the one and I couldn't play infinite at 30fps. I will likely upgrade to a Series X eventually and by the time I do I will have enough MS rewards point to get that console for a significantly reduced price.

If you live in Brazil, from what i've heard, most are still using the ps3, and lots are still on ps2's, so its not a country that worries about current gen. If you can't afford a $400 ps5, that's fine, just use your last gen system until you can. No reason to purchase the S while telling yourself that you're on current gen hardware because that's simply not true.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KvallyX

@fedor said:
@kvallyx said:
@fedor said:
@kvallyx said:

How would I know? I'm not privy to their clauses, but Larian is. Doesn't really matter, Phil said Larian didn't say it was because of the parity clause when they clearly did and Phil is well aware of it.

Well, Phil said "In terms of parity, I don't think you've heard from us or Larian"

That said, obviously Series S is a bottleneck. If there is parity for things, MS needs to relax the parity so that Series S gamers don't miss out on ANY games, even if they are missing a feature.

Series S/X and PS5 are all here for the entire gen. Time to beg for Gen 10. Switch 2 is getting close.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

I'm glad Series X owners get to play this soon with all the features this game has to offer..Instead of sticking up for the poor gamers console S,y'all should really be focusing your energy towards Phil to completely drop the parity. Why y'all fighting with Sony all the time when it's Microsoft who is treating their Series X owners like they don't even exist. Don't y'all Xbox fans really want to see what Series X can do without the S holding everyone back? I know I'd like to. Y'all can argue with me until you're blue in the face that Series S isn't a problem. But it is.. and it's only going to get worse for Microsoft further in this gen. I said it before, Microsoft really needs to bit a big bullet on this one and maybe do an insane trade in deal like trade in your Series S to a Microsoft store and upgrade to a Series X for only $100.. or even crazier a $50 upgrade to the X..

Releasing two separate models at the same time is a decision I will never understand.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

I'm glad Series X owners get to play this soon with all the features this game has to offer..Instead of sticking up for the poor gamers console S,y'all should really be focusing your energy towards Phil to completely drop the parity. Why y'all fighting with Sony all the time when it's Microsoft who is treating their Series X owners like they don't even exist. Don't y'all Xbox fans really want to see what Series X can do without the S holding everyone back? I know I'd like to. Y'all can argue with me until you're blue in the face that Series S isn't a problem. But it is.. and it's only going to get worse for Microsoft further in this gen. I said it before, Microsoft really needs to bite a big bullet on this one and maybe do an insane trade in deal like trade in your Series S to a Microsoft store and upgrade to a Series X for only $100.. or even crazier a $50 upgrade to the X..

Releasing two separate models at the same time is a decision I will never understand.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#38 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Split screen for BG3? Yes please, looks like I'll have to buy another copy.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By super600  Moderator
@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:

If you live in Brazil, from what i've heard, most are still using the ps3, and lots are still on ps2's, so its not a country that worries about current gen. If you can't afford a $400 ps5, that's fine, just use your last gen system until you can. No reason to purchase the S while telling yourself that you're on current gen hardware because that's simply not true.

Yeah. That was an example. Obviously in some countries it's pointless to buy any gaming console because of the lack of internet infrastructure/features and the funds to buy them. I live in one of the canadian provinces were you only have to pay GST when you buy stuff. But in the cases where the S is a good value proposition for people they might buy that console(or the PS5 digital if it is cheap enoughl) instead of the other ones to play current gen games.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Would like to know what Phil Spencer thinks of the break in parody.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1046 Posts

@osan0 said:

Hoping that level headed ( if there's any) Xbox gamers who bought the XSS will sue Phil Spencer and Xbox, but since Xbox peeps are hardly a level headed gamers and mostly Phil Spencer bootlickers, doubt it will happen

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KathaarianCode

@super600: Are you actually trying to have a conversation with this user? 🤣

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I feel sorry for all the xbses owners who bought the system due a lie from Phil stating that they wouldn’t miss out on any games that the xbsex gets.

But I’m super happy for xsex owners to get to experience a game this freaking amazing

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KvallyX

@loudheadphones said:
@osan0 said:

Hoping that level headed ( if there's any) Xbox gamers who bought the XSS will sue Phil Spencer and Xbox, but since Xbox peeps are hardly a level headed gamers and mostly Phil Spencer bootlickers, doubt it will happen

But you are the resident liar, so why would anyone want to listen to your advice?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I don't understand how people got split screen working on a Steamdeck, but the Series S is struggling. I know Larian are good developers, so what is happening here?

Also, I am happy to see them break parity to get it out the fans of the Xbox ecosystem. I am betting most don't care about the split screen feature.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KathaarianCode

@daredevils2k: What game are they missing?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

I don't understand how people got split screen working on a Steamdeck, but the Series S is struggling. I know Larian are good developers, so what is happening here?

Also, I am happy to see them break parity to get it out the fans of the Xbox ecosystem. I am betting most don't care about the split screen feature.

I think it depends on the nature of the split screen. In BG3's case from my understanding, you can join a split screen session and then leave the other player's side completely and do other quests in other parts of the world. That requires the game to be able to hold two different environments and other stuff in memory at the same time. The Series S doesn't have a big enough pool or ram to store all of that in.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Too busy with Starfield. I’ll try and squeeze it in when it goes down in price or hits gamepass. Just too many good games on gamepass right now.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:

the bad PR was definitely piling up.. absolutely anything and everything to do with a game being delayed on Xbox was going to start being blamed on the Series S..

this does potentially set a precedent for "lazy devs" to skimp out on features for the Series S whenever it's convenient.. Xbox is going to have to walk a thin tightrope on this one..

It appears that Phil and Co had to give the OK here. If that continues to be the case, gamers shouldn’t have anything to worry about. But if Devs are the ones that get to pick and choose, the lazy route will often be the one chosen.

I think breaking parity was the right choice here. In fact, it should have been done sooner.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8063 Posts
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

[...]

It appears that Phil and Co had to give the OK here. If that continues to be the case, gamers shouldn’t have anything to worry about. But if Devs are the ones that get to pick and choose, the lazy route will often be the one chosen.

I think breaking parity was the right choice here. In fact, it should have been done sooner.

agreed..

and for a feature that their analytics likely shows is rarely used like split-screen co-op, they could have avoided a ton of bad PR by doing this behind the scenes a long time ago..