Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Bet you if BG3's popularity was on par with Divinity 2, it would've never happened. But because the game is massive on pc, MS closed their eyes on parity, and accepted what they said that they wouldn't.😅

What’s next, Starfield on XSS won’t let you go beyond Earth??

Starfield on PS5:

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39100 Posts

@kuu2: That has been the performance of your games since the launch of the X. Nothing. Took them 3 years to release the first game that can't even run at 60fps. Beyond, far far beyond pathetic.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1079 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

@kuu2: That has been the performance of your games since the launch of the X. Nothing. Took them 3 years to release the first game that can't even run at 60fps. Beyond, far far beyond pathetic.

Not even engineers could. They also know that XSS is shit. LOL

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1280 Posts

Looks like the people who voted correctly by answering BOTH in the recent which game would you rather play BG3 or SF poll get that option sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile 🐄 watch Starfield through theradbrad on you tube 👀📺

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11802 Posts

Suddenly cows don't like Baldur's Gate 3 as much anymore.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#56 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4579 Posts

@Zero_epyon: That makes sense.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Yes time to buy the game twice baby

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50584 Posts

Wait, so it is slowing down and holding back games for Series X!?

I don't know what to think anymore.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#59  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15940 Posts

Hope devs drops the last gen Xbox Series S it is holding back PS5 and Xbox Series X. Who the fk cares about poor people gaming is a hobby if u can't maintain that hobby do something else.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6178 Posts

MS did a terrible job with the Series S, trying to get easy sales on "next gen" hardware at a low level price was never going to work out well in the end.

And for those saying they feel like a second class citizen for buying a Series S, well you've always been a second class citizen by owning a S, it's just now you've realised what the rest of us already knew all along.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8140 Posts

@last_lap: the Series S certainly isn't aimed at me.. It's not a console I would be interested in as a primary device.. But I will say the Switch and other analytics point to a fact that casuals don't care the same things we care about in terms of graphics and performance..

The Series S is a great concept but if I angers developers when you are 2:1 behind the console market leader, it may have been a bad idea..

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2530 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

@last_lap: the Series S certainly isn't aimed at me.. It's not a console I would be interested in as a primary device.. But I will say the Switch and other analytics point to a fact that casuals don't care the same things we care about in terms of graphics and performance..

The Series S is a great concept but if I angers developers when you are 2:1 behind the console market leader, it may have been a bad idea..

It’s crazy how drastically different your opinion on the Series S is now that the parity clause isn’t an absolute. I almost can’t believe what I’m reading…

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@Antwan3K said:

DF made the argument awhile ago that in an economy with ever increasing costs the Series S is a cheap entry point for some than buying a PS5 or Series X. The vast majority of games aren't going to be drastically different on the S compared to the big boys.Some people rather get the console that can play these games for cheap then possibly spending 700+ dollars on either of the big boys in countries like Canada. MS did screw up a bit with the specs of the console though, but the prices of the X and PS5 are not the greatest in some countries.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Antwan3K

@ghostofgolden: my opinion on the Series S has remained unchanged..

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#65 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15940 Posts

@super600 said:
@Antwan3K said:

DF made the argument awhile ago that in an economy with ever increasing costs the Series S is better value proposition than buying a PS5 or Series X for a lot of people. The vast majority of games aren't going to be drastically different on the S compared to the big boys.Some people rather get the console that can play these games for cheap then possibly spending 700+ dollars on either of the big boys in countries like Canada. MS did screw up a bit with the specs of the console though, but the prices of the X and PS5 are not the greatest in some countries.

Considering PS5 selling better in every part of the world vs xbox series S, that assumption is not necessarily true.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#66  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69669 Posts

Damn, this news have Sony fannies shooketh because not only is BG3 coming to Xbox this year but also Starfield.😬

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Antwan3K
@super600 said:
@Antwan3K said:

DF made the argument awhile ago that in an economy with ever increasing costs the Series S is better value proposition than buying a PS5 or Series X for a lot of people. The vast majority of games aren't going to be drastically different on the S compared to the big boys.Some people rather get the console that can play these games for cheap then possibly spending 700+ dollars on either of the big boys in countries like Canada. MS did screw up a bit with the specs of the console though, but the prices of the X and PS5 are not the greatest in some countries.

Price point is a major factor in purchasing decisions.. And when the vast majority of gamers don't know (and don't care) about the tech discussions we hardcore gamers have on these message boards, the Series S is an excellent choice..

I firmly believe that without the option of the Series S, Xbox would be way further behind the PS5 in console sales than they are now.. The Playstation brand power is simply too strong in the market..

In order to combat that, you have to think outside the box with low cost consoles coupled with services like Game Pass in order to get gamers to even look in your direction versus the defacto choice of a PS5..

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Last_Lap

@Antwan3K: Well its become clear that the S is holding back the X, and games are being delayed due to MS own stupid parity policies.

The S was a bad device from the get go. MS should have just made 2 versions of the X, the second being a discless version.

As for the Switch, well people expect cheap hardware from Nintendo, and their games are hardly pushing any boundaries tech wise, and most devs don't make games for it. Also people buy a Switch as a secondary gaming device, the S is supposed to be a current gen machine but is causing devs (even MS own devs) headaches.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro

Series S holding back the Series X by having less features 😂

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Awww. Cows were hyping this console release as their answer to Starfield.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Last_Lap

@Pedro: Are you really going to try and spin this Pedro?

The S is holding GAMES back from releasing on the X because MS wants parity.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pedro

@last_lap: What games are not being released on Series X because of the Series S?🤔

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Antwan3K

@last_lap: you're certainly entitled to your opinion.. Overall, I think the Series S was a good idea and a great device but there is certainly a valid argument to be made to the contrary..

The main issue is that Xbox can't afford too many PR nightmares when they are already so far behind the PS5 in console sales.. And the Series S was becoming a PR nightmare thanks to BG3.. Hopefully that can be softened now that the game is releasing this year..

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:

@last_lap: What games are not being released on Series X because of the Series S?🤔

BG3 until Xbox dropped the split screen parity requirement…

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:

Talk about being disingenuous… The ”less features” are what finally freed the Series X from its chains…

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I guess the only parity now is the full price.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10625 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Bet you if BG3's popularity was on par with Divinity 2, it would've never happened. But because the game is massive on pc, MS closed their eyes on parity, and accepted what they said that they wouldn't.😅

Starfield on PS5:

And it’ll still run better on the ps5 than on the xss

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

All jokes aside, this is what we call “spin”.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13019 Posts

@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Starfield on PS5:

And it’ll still run better on the ps5 than on the xss

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

All jokes aside, this is what we call “spin”.

True, it is spin. But that is how Solid rolls. He spins until the cows come home!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Last_Lap

@Pedro: Oh I dunno Pedro, BG3 was being held back from release because of the S and MS parity clause.

But I already know the angle you're trying to portrait here, so I'm not gonna bother with your nonsense.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Last_Lap

@Antwan3K: Problem is when the next dev can't get certain features working on the S and will want MS to also drop parity for them too, and if MS says no, then they will create a shitstorm with devs.

Halo with no splitscreen, Forza is missing it also, where there's smoke theirs fire. It's all starting to add up. The S is starting to become a liability, and the public are picking up on it.

I'm not sure how MS is going to manage this PR disaster, but they better figure it out quick smart.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Pedro

@last_lap said:

@Pedro: Oh I dunno Pedro, BG3 was being held back from release because of the S and MS parity clause.

But I already know the angle you're trying to portrait here, so I'm not gonna bother with your nonsense.

You stated "The S is holding GAMES back from releasing on the X because MS wants parity." and I asked you about these GAMES and now you backing out. Don't get upset because I stick with the facts.🤷🏽‍♂️

@ghostofgolden said:
@Pedro said:

Talk about being disingenuous… The ”less features” are what finally freed the Series X from its chains…

What game on Series X has less features because of Series S? I look forward to your response.😎

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Zero_epyon  Online
Member since 2004 • 20120 Posts

So much for "it'll just scale down"

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Pedro
@Zero_epyon said:

The game is not coming to Series S?🤔

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56192 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

I bought the XSS just to play old games, never intended for current-gen uses and I do like the design as it looks like a speaker box from the 90s lol. I don't use it that much and my 2 daughters play it way more as I'm always gaming on my PC.

I wouldn't say XSS was a mistake in order to make it cheaper for the consumers but the oversight it would cause developer's hell with the limitation hardware is a surprised. There's a reason why cross-gen games aren't going to be priority anymore for the developers.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Zero_epyon  Online
Member since 2004 • 20120 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

The game is not coming to Series S?🤔

Missing Split Screen. That's a missing feature, not a scaled down version of one.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Last_Lap

@Pedro: Larian said the reason the game won't be releasing on Xbox the same time as the other version was because MS wants parity between X/S and they can't get splitscreen working on the S, Phil even said that MS has sent its own engineers to Larian to try and work out the problem.

So spin it how you want as ...

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Antwan3K
@last_lap said:

@Antwan3K: Problem is when the next dev can't get certain features working on the S and will want MS to also drop parity for them too, and if MS says no, then they will create a shitstorm with devs.

Halo with no splitscreen, Forza is missing it also, where there's smoke theirs fire. It's all starting to add up. The S is starting to become a liability, and the public are picking up on it.

I'm not sure how MS is going to manage this PR disaster, but they better figure it out quick smart.

the bad PR is actually coming from people like you who are trying to contribute every shortcoming to the Series S..

Buldur's Gate 3 was one game and it was still coming to the Series S with parity eventually before Microsoft stepped in.. you're just trying to fill-in-the-blanks with those other titles..

but i do agree that by Microsoft setting that precedent, maybe other devs will try to cut corners on the Series S..

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50584 Posts

🤭

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Last_Lap

@Antwan3K: The fact remains that Larian AND MS engineers couldn't get BG3's splitscreen working on the S. Now other MS games are missing splitscreen/co-op, sure we don't know the exact reason, but if we follow recent events, we'll then, there seems to be a pattern appearing.

I'm not spreading bad PR, Phil has done that all on his own. I'm just speaking as an Xbox Series X owners that has bought 3 yes 3 Series X's ($2,250 in total in my country) one for me and 2 for my boys.So I'm heavily invested in the Xbox ecosystem.

If (that's a big if) MS said from the start that they just wanted games on both X/S and not to try and force parity, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I'm an Xbox guy first and foremost, but I won't make excuses for a trillion dollar company that has little foresight. I mean let's make 2 consoles, one super powerful, and one that's not, what could possibly go wrong 🤦‍♂️

Edit: Also there are real issues as MS sent Larian it's engineers to try and retify the problems, but you think devs will use it as an excuse to "cut corners" sounds like you're damage controlling for MS.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@last_lap: Mate, you have literally become Hardwenzen. The two of you are indistinguishable. I told you this was happening.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Last_Lap

@sancho_panzer said:

@last_lap: Mate, you have literally become Hardwenzen. The two of you are indistinguishable. I told you this was happening.

What are you on about? me and wenzen are nothing alike.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@gifford38 said:

just don't get why first time ever we got 2 different powered machine from any company.

xbox said screw developers we are going to make a last gen machine with a great cpu.

then force them to down scale there work.

Nintendo does that every generation. Well, minus the great CPU part. Hence why Nintendo consoles never have 3rd party support.

They did this to target the poorer families.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7254 Posts

Ms should have consulted Devs to discuss the ram issues it was always a risk to release a weaker system.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: That's hilarious.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Pedro

@last_lap: Maybe, just maybe you should actually read what you type. Let me remind you again, "The S is holding GAMES back from releasing on the X because MS wants parity."

Now, when asked what GAMES are being held back from releasing, you are spinning endlessly. You should check the use of the letter S.🤔

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#96 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34655 Posts

Man, all those poor Series S BG3 players who were gonna play it co op. All two of them.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#97 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3427 Posts

@robert_sparkes: They obviously did and for the vast majority of games the XS is fine.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7198 Posts

funny seeing xbox fans defend this crap.

but no one wants these features.

I have a series s and I better get ever thing series x players get.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Antwan3K
@last_lap said:

@Antwan3K: The fact remains that Larian AND MS engineers couldn't get BG3's splitscreen working on the S. Now other MS games are missing splitscreen/co-op, sure we don't know the exact reason, but if we follow recent events, we'll then, there seems to be a pattern appearing.

[...]

again, you are simply speculating and making assumptions..

as it stands, officially, there was one game that was going to be delayed due to Series S development issues and now that game is still releasing this year..

you are currently making a mountain out of a mole hill..

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#100 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8870 Posts

@last_lap said:

I'm not spreading bad PR, Phil has done that all on his own. I'm just speaking as an Xbox Series X owners that has bought 3 yes 3 Series X's ($2,250 in total in my country) one for me and 2 for my boys.So I'm heavily invested in the Xbox ecosystem.

If (that's a big if) MS said from the start that they just wanted games on both X/S and not to try and force parity, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I'm an Xbox guy first and foremost, but I won't make excuses for a trillion dollar company that has little foresight. I mean let's make 2 consoles, one super powerful, and one that's not, what could possibly go wrong 🤦‍♂️

Edit: Also there are real issues as MS sent Larian it's engineers to try and retify the problems, but you think devs will use it as an excuse to "cut corners" sounds like you're damage controlling for MS.

First off, you are speculating. Larian gave a deadline of Q1 next year for true parity - they never said "can't". MS *just* sent engineers to assist. Phil made the call that waiting was bad PR (apparently). Larian has not said "we will never do split screen on S".

Yes, you are spreading bad PR, because you are stating assumptions as fact, assumptions that make "one side" look bad.

You are another person who keeps posting anti-Xbox crap in SW, but then says "I have an Xbox!!!" Sorry, I have a hard time believing you.