Bethesda: Skyrim Looks 'Way Better' On PC, Almost Went Next-Gen!

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]Think I'll survive playing it on my ps3.GD1551

Wasn't the PS3 version of oblivion pretty bad?

..... wasn't the ps3 the better version? better then the 360 version, thats what i read
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
I'm sure it will after modders get ahold of it.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

dont care which is better, has long they fix the voice animations. i am tired of seeing the civilians mouths not move when they talk, even though its funny. its just makes me mad

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]Think I'll survive playing it on my ps3.GD1551

I wouldn't have put 200+ hrs into something I thought was bad.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

[QUOTE="Filthybastrd"]

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]No that's bull, there's no game period that has been developed for consoles that looks drastically better on PC... yes more AA, AF and higher resolutions and slightly better textures. Even in the most extreme of case's its still arguably a little better at best. If anything this generation of gaming has proven is that, publishers do not see the PC as viable investment... what good does a better looking game get them, Better sales?... NO. There's a reason why 2007 game still wipes the floor with almost every game visually. Graphics will heavily improve for the PC when new consoles come out. Because then the games will be developed for newer console hardware :D.GD1551

You're spectacularly wrong. "Even" forcing AA, AF and twice the res constitutes a next gen difference.

It's a shame that devs let hardware do the work for them entirely, especially, when those low quality console assets end up being detrimentive from the experience.

Rage will be another example of this. Prepare for blurry textures wheneven you get close to something.

Rage looks amazing though. I don't watch walls while I'm gaming so it's not an issue for me. At least rage will show console only gamers what they are missing out on with 60FPS!

No it won't. It'll merely fuel their conviction that we spend 4000$ on our PCs ever month in order to sustain Minecraft.

These are the forums that loathe "PC elitists" while worshipping DF and LoT afterall.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts
[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]Think I'll survive playing it on my ps3.Chris_Williams

..... wasn't the ps3 the better version? better then the 360 version, thats what i read

Well I checked gamespot and they said it had performance issues.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]Think I'll survive playing it on my ps3.Chris_Williams

IIRC the 360 version had the same update the ps3 version had.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

They already said the difference between console and PC was going to minimal. They are just trying to sell the PC version.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GD1551

They already said the difference between console and PC was going to minimal. They are just trying to sell the PC version.

Gibsonsg527

Are you sure they weren't just trying to promote the console versions?

KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts
That's nice, I'm still getting it for the PS3 though.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

OMG! Way better?

A resolution increase is going to skyrocket Skyrim into the next millenium of graphics 8)

Ly_the_Fairy

double resolution plus aa, af and better draw distance will make it look way better.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

[QUOTE="Filthybastrd"]

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]No that's bull, there's no game period that has been developed for consoles that looks drastically better on PC... yes more AA, AF and higher resolutions and slightly better textures. Even in the most extreme of case's its still arguably a little better at best. If anything this generation of gaming has proven is that, publishers do not see the PC as viable investment... what good does a better looking game get them, Better sales?... NO. There's a reason why 2007 game still wipes the floor with almost every game visually. Graphics will heavily improve for the PC when new consoles come out. Because then the games will be developed for newer console hardware :D.GD1551

You're spectacularly wrong. "Even" forcing AA, AF and twice the res constitutes a next gen difference.

It's a shame that devs let hardware do the work for them entirely, especially, when those low quality console assets end up being detrimentive from the experience.

Rage will be another example of this. Prepare for blurry textures wheneven you get close to something.

Rage looks amazing though. I don't watch walls while I'm gaming so it's not an issue for me. At least rage will show console only gamers what they are missing out on with 60FPS!

cod is 60fps on console

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="Filthybastrd"]

Cranler

cod is 60fps on console

+Forza.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"]

GD1551

Are you sure they weren't just trying to promote the console versions?

What in that statement he made promoted the console version :|

If anything he just ****-talked their own lead platform.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

Well I checked gamespot and they said it had performance issues.

Depends on which site you go to. They're practically the same. Gametrailers said the ps3 version was better. Gamespot says 360 was better. Answer: They're the same.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="Birdy09"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Looks pretty sub-par, even for an open world game. There are various screenshots circling around. Pretty disappointing stuff.

GeneralShowzer

BF3 runs like crap, it looks good for what it is, its a big step up from Oblivion. Why do you want games that we cant even run...

You can't know how BF3 runs, you can only know how the ALPHA runs.

Second I have no idea what it has to do with this thread

And lastly,stop putting words in my mouth.

Fine. But you know my point fully. Skyrim is by no means "sub-par" to say so is ridiculous. even if it is an opinion, what was you expecting Crysis graphics? this isnt the easy-to-make shooter genre that is being churned out everyday.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#117 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] BF3 runs like crap, it looks good for what it is, its a big step up from Oblivion. Why do you want games that we cant even run...

Birdy09

You can't know how BF3 runs, you can only know how the ALPHA runs.

Fine. But you know my point fully. Skyrim is by no means "sub-par" to say so is ridiculous. even if it is an opinion, what was you expecting Crysis graphics? this isnt the easy-to-make shooter genre that is being churned out everyday.

It looks pretty underwhelming to me,especially since the graphics were hyped and the snow levels compared to Crysis : Warhead. Fact of the matter is the trailer they've shown is mostly pre-rendered and I was pretty underwhelmed by leaked footage and screenshots. It's by no means a looker,even by console standards RDR I've played and it looks amazing on consoles and it's an open world game.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 GD1551

cod is 60fps on console

Cranler

That's one of the probably 5 games that run at 60FPS on console!

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] You can't know how BF3 runs, you can only know how the ALPHA runs.

GeneralShowzer

It looks pretty underwhelming to me,especially since the graphics were hyped and the snow levels compared to Crysis : Warhead. Fact of the matter is the trailer they've shown is mostly pre-rendered and I was pretty underwhelmed by leaked footage and screenshots. It's by no means a looker,even by console standards RDR I've played and it looks amazing on consoles and it's an open world game.

What they showed in the gameplay trailer and what they recently shown at the event looks the same. Is this the first time you've seen the game?

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Cranler"]

cod is 60fps on console

GD1551

That's one of the probably 5 games that run at 60FPS on console!

The Irony here is no PC Gamer without an SLI/Crossfire setup will be running BF3 or Skyrim at 60 FPS either.... my 5770 is benchmarking 23-29 fps on BF3's medium alpha ... amazing... but no suprize. Never buy the PC Gamer "60 FPS" on brand new games that are taxing on hardware, it never happens. (Yes the 5770 is budget so my personal circumstances are invalid, I can afford to upgrade, but buying any of the current series is a waste if you want these games at 60FPS.... so im waiting.).
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Birdy09"] Fine. But you know my point fully. Skyrim is by no means "sub-par" to say so is ridiculous. even if it is an opinion, what was you expecting Crysis graphics? this isnt the easy-to-make shooter genre that is being churned out everyday.lawlessx

What they showed in the gameplay trailer and what they recently shown at the event looks the same. Is this the first time you've seen the game?

No, this is 90% pre-rendered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vizKJt3YGMM And there is no high quality videos yet to compare, but even those look dissapointing .
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ChubbyGuy40

The Irony here is no PC Gamer without an SLI/Crossfire setup will be running BF3 or Skyrim at 60 FPS either.... my 5770 is benchmarking 23-29 fps on BF3's medium alpha ... amazing... but no suprize. Never buy the PC Gamer "60 FPS" on brand new games that are taxing on hardware, it never happens. (Yes the 5770 is budget so my personal circumstances are invalid, I can afford to upgrade, but buying any of the current series is a waste if you want these games at 60FPS.... so im waiting.).Birdy09

Why not Skyrim? We can play Oblivion beyond max settings and still get 100+ FPS with good video cards, and Skyrim is just Oblivion with more detail and non-speedtree'd forests.

My GTX 570 is clocking 50-60+FPS from that alpha at 2048x1152.

Skyrim will play at 60FPS at 1080p. It's not going to be hard to run because it isn't a visual stunner and it isn't filled with advanced tech.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 lawlessx

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] It looks pretty underwhelming to me,especially since the graphics were hyped and the snow levels compared to Crysis : Warhead. Fact of the matter is the trailer they've shown is mostly pre-rendered and I was pretty underwhelmed by leaked footage and screenshots. It's by no means a looker,even by console standards RDR I've played and it looks amazing on consoles and it's an open world game.GeneralShowzer

No, this is 90% pre-rendered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vizKJt3YGMM And there is no high quality videos yet to compare, but even those look dissapointing .

So you think this is prerendered too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BhaNBKRR-Y&feature=related

Looks the same as the trailer to me.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]

lawlessx

Well the entire trailer isn't pre-rendered. The parts that people compared to Crysis : Warhead are..
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

OMG! Way better?

A resolution increase is going to skyrocket Skyrim into the next millenium of graphics 8)

Cranler

double resolution plus aa, af and better draw distance will make it look way better.

Doubtful. I'm just beat Old World Blues on 360 and been modding/playing New Vegas on PC with a mix of PocoBueno/OjoBueno Texture Packs and Hi Detail Landscape Normals. It's looks better, but I wouldn't really pick apart most of the differences unless someone pointed them out to me first hand. The jump in graphics is massively overstated. The only thing consoles really do horrible at is the excessive pop-in and lower AA. Those are pretty much the biggest differences between the platforms.

The only thing Bethesda really needs to do is fix the bugs in their engine. Game froze up 3 times last night on 360, and crashes to desktop every 30 mins on PC (Though it's probably Project Nevada or Wasteland Defense causing that). Annoying as hell. I'd rather them not update the graphics at all and just focus on making the engine more stable.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] No, this is 90% pre-rendered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vizKJt3YGMM And there is no high quality videos yet to compare, but even those look dissapointing .GeneralShowzer

Well the entire trailer isn't pre-rendered. The parts that people compared to Crysis : Warhead are..

what part are you referring too? This is the first time i've heard of anyone comparing this game's visuals to warhead.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]

lawlessx

what part are you referring too? This is the first time i've heard of anyone comparing this game's visuals to warhead.

Well, it was I clearly remember. And the entire snow overhead shots and battle with the dragon is pre-rendered, it's not in game. There are some quick cuts that are also pre-rendered. You can spot them if you see carefully.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"]The Irony here is no PC Gamer without an SLI/Crossfire setup will be running BF3 or Skyrim at 60 FPS either.... my 5770 is benchmarking 23-29 fps on BF3's medium alpha ... amazing... but no suprize. Never buy the PC Gamer "60 FPS" on brand new games that are taxing on hardware, it never happens. (Yes the 5770 is budget so my personal circumstances are invalid, I can afford to upgrade, but buying any of the current series is a waste if you want these games at 60FPS.... so im waiting.).ChubbyGuy40

Why not Skyrim? We can play Oblivion beyond max settings and still get 100+ FPS with good video cards, and Skyrim is just Oblivion with more detail and non-speedtree'd forests.

My GTX 570 is clocking 50-60+FPS from that alpha at 2048x1152.

Skyrim will play at 60FPS at 1080p. It's not going to be hard to run because it isn't a visual stunner and it isn't filled with advanced tech.

That sounds wonderful on paper, but from experience it wont work out that way. you get a 6970 now, itl play Skyrim max at around 30fps gaurentee it (with AA, 1080p ect...) due to whatever reason, poorly optmized, some new graphic features... you name it.... and the fact that you are all underestimating the games graphics. And BF3 ... well maxing that is a laughable idea. il be pleasantly shocked if I'm wrong.... but just like Crysis. people are falling for the "yea sure you can max it on the latest series... just hand over the money" .... yea.... right....
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

Looks better than most games simply because of the art/theme direction alone.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Filthybastrd

[QUOTE="Cranler"]

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

OMG! Way better?

Kickinurass

Doubtful. I'm just beat Old World Blues on 360 and been modding/playing New Vegas on PC with a mix of PocoBueno/OjoBueno Texture Packs and Hi Detail Landscape Normals. It's looks better, but I wouldn't really pick apart most of the differences unless someone pointed them out to me first hand. The jump in graphics is massively overstated. The only thing consoles really do horrible at is the excessive pop-in and lower AA. Those are pretty much the biggest differences between the platforms.

The only thing Bethesda really needs to do is fix the bugs in their engine. Game froze up 3 times last night on 360, and crashes to desktop every 30 mins on PC (Though it's probably Project Nevada or Wasteland Defense causing that). Annoying as hell. I'd rather them not update the graphics at all and just focus on making the engine more stable.

Then again, the Oblivion/Fallout 3 engine never had anything next gen to impress us with at this point in time.

Do try and play vanilla New vegas at ultra and load the console version next to it. The difference is huge.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 GD1551

That sounds wonderful on paper, but from experience it wont work out that way. you get a 6970 now, itl play Skyrim max at around 30fps gaurentee it (with AA, 1080p ect...) due to whatever reason, poorly optmized, some new graphic features... you name it.... and the fact that you are all underestimating the games graphics. And BF3 ... well maxing that is a laughable idea. il be pleasantly shocked if I'm wrong.... but just like Crysis. people are falling for the "yea sure you can max it on the latest series... just hand over the money" .... yea.... right....Birdy09

I believe Dice said no PC has been built that can max BF3.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ChubbyGuy40

That sounds wonderful on paper, but from experience it wont work out that way. you get a 6970 now, itl play Skyrim max at around 30fps gaurentee it (with AA, 1080p ect...) due to whatever reason, poorly optmized, some new graphic features... you name it.... and the fact that you are all underestimating the games graphics. And BF3 ... well maxing that is a laughable idea. il be pleasantly shocked if I'm wrong.... but just like Crysis. people are falling for the "yea sure you can max it on the latest series... just hand over the money" .... yea.... right....Birdy09

How are we underestimating it graphically? So far it's Oblivion with nordic-influenced design. Nothing we've seen so far is any kind of graphical stunner/powerhouse. If there will be that sort of features, shame on them for showing us the 360 version this whole time.

They've been running BF3 off a single GTX 580 at 60FPS. Unless that wasn't even maxed, then I doubt we're gonna have any problems.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="Birdy09"]

That sounds wonderful on paper, but from experience it wont work out that way. you get a 6970 now, itl play Skyrim max at around 30fps gaurentee it (with AA, 1080p ect...) due to whatever reason, poorly optmized, some new graphic features... you name it.... and the fact that you are all underestimating the games graphics. And BF3 ... well maxing that is a laughable idea. il be pleasantly shocked if I'm wrong.... but just like Crysis. people are falling for the "yea sure you can max it on the latest series... just hand over the money" .... yea.... right....GD1551

I believe Dice said no PC has been built that can max BF3.

You don't actually have to put all the sliders at max and all DX11 on. I'm sure that with a 570 GTX like him, you can tweak it to run 1080p 40-60 fps and it will look beautiful. Not maxed, but close.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 GD1551

The Irony here is no PC Gamer without an SLI/Crossfire setup will be running BF3 or Skyrim at 60 FPS either.... my 5770 is benchmarking 23-29 fps on BF3's medium alpha ... amazing... but no suprize. Never buy the PC Gamer "60 FPS" on brand new games that are taxing on hardware, it never happens. (Yes the 5770 is budget so my personal circumstances are invalid, I can afford to upgrade, but buying any of the current series is a waste if you want these games at 60FPS.... so im waiting.).Birdy09

That's true, I figure most don't get the 60FPS they want. For me though, on PC I'm more into games like Diablo, HON and dota. Throw in GW 2 and that's pretty much my thing, the multiplats are just a plus so I don't really care about not maxing out those two or three games on the market, and the games I do play I get 60FPS + in :D . Still I agree though, I think alot of people throw around this 60FPS thing when the majority of us do not play at 60fps.

Nolakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Nolakk
Member since 2005 • 321 Posts
I'll be happy to play the same game on my $300 console, and trust me, i'll enjoy it as much as if i would be playing it on the most powerful PC ever, so who cares. If you are even a little smart you can realize that this is just marketing, 2 weeks ago the same guys said on a interview the game would look the same on the PC and consoles. All they are trying to do is promote the game so topics like this are created. ID is doing the same thing with RAGE, every week comes a new interview, one week it looks the same on all platforms, the other its better on the PC, the other the game was made with the consoles in mind and its better on consoles...etc. In the end, we will all be playing the same game.
Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Filthybastrd

I'll be happy to play the same game on my $300 console, and trust me, i'll enjoy it as much as if i would be playing it on the most powerful PC ever, so who cares. If you are even a little smart you can realize that this is just marketing, 2 weeks ago the same guys said on a interview the game would look the same on the PC and consoles. All they are trying to do is promote the game so topics like this are created. ID is doing the same thing with RAGE, every week comes a new interview, one week it looks the same on all platforms, the other its better on the PC, the other the game was made with the consoles in mind and its better on consoles...etc. In the end, we will all be playing the same game.Nolakk

The curse of being a Hermit is that you cannot unsee.

Your curse is the arrogance of one that has not yet seen.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#137 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

yay the 1 billionth theard that new hardware is better then old hardware

marq4porsche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 marq4porsche
Member since 2005 • 512 Posts

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] That sounds wonderful on paper, but from experience it wont work out that way. you get a 6970 now, itl play Skyrim max at around 30fps gaurentee it (with AA, 1080p ect...) due to whatever reason, poorly optmized, some new graphic features... you name it.... and the fact that you are all underestimating the games graphics. And BF3 ... well maxing that is a laughable idea. il be pleasantly shocked if I'm wrong.... but just like Crysis. people are falling for the "yea sure you can max it on the latest series... just hand over the money" .... yea.... right....ChubbyGuy40

How are we underestimating it graphically? So far it's Oblivion with nordic-influenced design. Nothing we've seen so far is any kind of graphical stunner/powerhouse. If there will be that sort of features, shame on them for showing us the 360 version this whole time.

They've been running BF3 off a single GTX 580 at 60FPS. Unless that wasn't even maxed, then I doubt we're gonna have any problems.

Personally, I think it looks waaaaay better than Oblivion. But the main reason is art direction if not raw horsepower. They fixed the things I complained about, more realistic looking characters, more variety, diversity, fantasy environments, more activities to do in game. Guess what, this game DOES NOT have to beat The Witcher in graphics. And yes, it's going to look better than what we've seen so far in screenshots and video. We know this because this is 360 footage. C'mon, you think a PC game isn't gonna up the ante grapichally from consoles??

Nolakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Nolakk
Member since 2005 • 321 Posts

[QUOTE="Nolakk"]I'll be happy to play the same game on my $300 console, and trust me, i'll enjoy it as much as if i would be playing it on the most powerful PC ever, so who cares. If you are even a little smart you can realize that this is just marketing, 2 weeks ago the same guys said on a interview the game would look the same on the PC and consoles. All they are trying to do is promote the game so topics like this are created. ID is doing the same thing with RAGE, every week comes a new interview, one week it looks the same on all platforms, the other its better on the PC, the other the game was made with the consoles in mind and its better on consoles...etc. In the end, we will all be playing the same game.Filthybastrd

The curse of being a Hermit is that you cannot unsee.

Your curse is the arrogance of one that has not yet seen.

Thanks for the irrelevant post. If im arrogant because i know for a fact i'll be playing The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim and will enjoy doing so, then what does it make you that thinks i can't enjoy a video game because im not playing it on a PC. Grow up...
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#140 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

ill believe it when the game comes out and not a day sooner, after all of the pr bs thats happened lately with some games, i refuse to take 50% of what a pr person says seriously

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] That sounds wonderful on paper, but from experience it wont work out that way. you get a 6970 now, itl play Skyrim max at around 30fps gaurentee it (with AA, 1080p ect...) due to whatever reason, poorly optmized, some new graphic features... you name it.... and the fact that you are all underestimating the games graphics. And BF3 ... well maxing that is a laughable idea. il be pleasantly shocked if I'm wrong.... but just like Crysis. people are falling for the "yea sure you can max it on the latest series... just hand over the money" .... yea.... right....marq4porsche

Personally, I think it looks waaaaay better than Oblivion. But the main reason is art direction if not raw horsepower. They fixed the things I complained about, more realistic looking characters, more variety, diversity, fantasy environments, more activities to do in game. Guess what, this game DOES NOT have to beat The Witcher in graphics. And yes, it's going to look better than what we've seen so far in screenshots and video. We know this because this is 360 footage. C'mon, you think a PC game isn't gonna up the ante grapichally from consoles??

by all means it should 100% look better on a high end pc, thats the way of gaming, but with some games that have came out lately really all some devs have done are upped the resolution, which yes does make it look better, but not so much better that it would justify getting the game on the pc
marq4porsche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 marq4porsche
Member since 2005 • 512 Posts

[QUOTE="marq4porsche"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

linkin_guy109

by all means it should 100% look better on a high end pc, thats the way of gaming, but with some games that have came out lately really all some devs have done are upped the resolution, which yes does make it look better, but not so much better that it would justify getting the game on the pc

No one has to justify their preference. I'm getting it on PC because I simply want to get it on PC. If someone wants it on console that's their prerogative.

TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 TailBlood
Member since 2011 • 944 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]Title is misleading. Bethesda already said that the differences will be as minimal as possible.lawlessx

Exactly. It just sounds like they're trying to hype the PC version.

Does the PC version really need hype? everyone knows that version will end up being the best

Who is everyone? 10,000 pc gamers that only care about uber textures?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Exactly. It just sounds like they're trying to hype the PC version.

TailBlood

Does the PC version really need hype? everyone knows that version will end up being the best

Who is everyone? 10,000 pc gamers that only care about uber textures?

Better texture, much faster load times, much higher fps, probably longer view distance, and MODS. Oh and expect more than 10,000 pc gamers, FO3 has like 3million digital sales total.

it's going to be far better on PC. To think the difference will be minimal is you fooling only yourself.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#145 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
didn't they say that there would be a minimal difference between the console and pc versions? i dont even know what to believe anymore.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 GD1551

yay the 1 billionth theard that new hardware is better then old hardware

dontshackzmii

How is this thread even about that?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"]didn't they say that there would be a minimal difference between the console and pc versions? i dont even know what to believe anymore.

Multiplatform games in general are designed around the lowest common denominator which means for the most part all platform versions will look alike.
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Yip, there wont be much differences between the consoile and pc verisons, till the Modding community kicks in that is.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#149 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I didn't even know PC was in a generation, I just thought of it as an exception because it gets new hardware so frequently.

Its the Song- er Gen that never ends!! :D

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 lawlessx

I didn't even know PC was in a generation, I just thought of it as an exception because it gets new hardware so frequently.

Its the Song- er Gen that never ends!! :D

bbkkristian

OMG why'd you do that! Now that damm song's in my head!:cry: