Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@recloud said:

@GarGx1: Still waiting for your evidence.

You're clearly triggered by women in leading roles. Why? Why are you so afraid of women?

No you're just not someone worthy of having a discussion with tonight.

So, no evidence, then? As expected.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#202 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@recloud said:
@GarGx1 said:
@recloud said:

You're clearly triggered by women in leading roles. Why? Why are you so afraid of women?

My opinion needs evidence now?

Sit down and be quiet.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#203  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

What's up with these delicate men that are fickle with women in positions of power?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 ReCloud

@GarGx1 said:
@recloud said:
@GarGx1 said:
@recloud said:

Sit down and be quiet.

So, nothing, then?

When you claim something, you have to have evidence to support your claim.

Just like @tryit said, you're making things up and taking stuff out of your ass. You have NO EVIDENCE whatsoever that leading women and LGBT characters in gaming is pandering.

You're just triggered because you're a conservative person.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#205 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@Pedro said:

What's up with these delicate men that are fickle with women in positions of power?

Seriously, you are trying too hard.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 ReCloud

@BassMan said:
@Pedro said:

Actually, he is not.

This whole discussion is happening because people like you are whining about women in leading roles.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 BassMan

@recloud: I don't mind women in leading roles. As long as it is not forced and makes sense. You guys trolling and trying to trigger people does nothing to further the conversation.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts
@BassMan said:
@Pedro said:

You're not trying too hard to be forever alone though.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 ReCloud

@BassMan said:

@recloud: I don't mind women in leading roles. As long as it is not forced and makes sense. You guys trolling and trying to trigger people does nothing to further the conversation.

There's nothing forced about any women in leading role as videogame is fantasy and doesn't need to be accurate or necessarily represent reality.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 BassMan

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@BassMan said:
@Pedro said:

You're not trying too hard to be forever alone though.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#211 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Fortnite, BF edition.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Speaking of women in war, there were some. But they're either supporting or have support roles or rebels/resistance fighters.

Never did an army have women on the frontlines.

Except for Russia, cos they're mofucking Russia.

Anyway, don't tell me that this is so NOT out of place in a ww2 settings lol

Loading Video...

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#213 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@recloud said:
@BassMan said:

There's nothing forced about any women in leading role as videogame is fantasy and doesn't need to be accurate or necessarily represent reality.

I think for me the issue (and i've not been following this topic closely so might be tangential to what you have been talking about) is that Dice were talking about immersion and realism in the pre-amble to the trailer reveal, then blatantly throw that out the window.

if Dice said "yea we are going to do a crazy alt-history version of WW 2!" then showed that trailer, I'd be totally fine with it.

keep in mind, I'm equally annoyed by the fact the other character in the trailer had a samurai sword on his back (plus all the other cosmetic shit) as I am about the prominence of female soldiers.

If you are going to make a historical game, make it fucking historically accurate to at least SOME degree. claiming to make a historical game then adding in shit that drastically misrepresents history is something that annoys me (it annoyed me with BF1 as well).

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By ReCloud

@with_teeth26 said:
@recloud said:
@BassMan said:

I think for me the issue (and i've not been following this topic closely so might be tangential to what you have been talking about) is that Dice were talking about immersion and realism in the pre-amble to the trailer reveal, then blatantly throw that out the window.

if Dice said "yea we are going to do a crazy alt-history version of WW 2!" then showed that trailer, I'd be totally fine with it.

keep in mind, I'm equally annoyed by the fact the other character in the trailer had a samurai sword on his back (plus all the other cosmetic shit) as I am about the prominence of female soldiers.

If you are going to make a historical game, make it fucking historically accurate to at least SOME degree. claiming to make a historical game then adding in shit that drastically misrepresents history is something that annoys me (it annoyed me with BF1 as well).

Well, it's fine to be annoyed by misrepresenting history, that's actually sound complain, even more if they said they'd do it accurately, I'm fine with it.

I'm not fine with gamers DEMANDING gaming to be real JUST BECAUSE women "wouldn't normally be on these kind of situations", that's BS and conservative talk, like, this is a medium where you have youngsters with huge swords saving the world using magic, nobody ever demanded realism in this. It's fiction, it doesn't have to be real.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

Politics and gaming don't mix.

EX: This thread.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#216 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@recloud said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@recloud said:
@BassMan said:

Well, it's fine to be annoyed by misrepresenting history, that's actually sound complain, even more if they said they'd do it accurately, I'm fine with it.

I'm not fine with gamers DEMANDING gaming to be real JUST BECAUSE women "wouldn't normally be on these kind of situations", that's BS and conservative talk, like, this is a medium where you have youngsters with huge swords saving the world using magic, nobody ever demanded realism in this. It's fiction, it doesn't have to be real.

yea thats exactly right, it doesn't have to be real. so I'm not sure why EA/Dice are intent on walking this line of making "historical" games, but only following history when its convenient and ignoring it when its not

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Wasdie said:
@ronvalencia said:

Soviet Union has women sniper teams.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/roza-shanina-1945/

The Soviet Union was pretty much unique among major powers in WWII to field large numbers of women in direct combat roles. About 2,000 female snipers graduated from the academies and saw frontline fighting, and they had a survival rate of just 25%. The most successful, Ludmilla Pavlichenko, was credited with 309 kills before being wounded by mortar fire in 1942 and pulled off the lines to do a publicity tour in the US and teach as a sniper instructor. During her time in the US she became close friends with Eleanor Roosevelt, and received widespread recognition. Of course, the press was more concerned with how unstylish her uniform was, rather than what she actually did.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is here.

"Front line soldiers were never women" is not true for the Soviet Union.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#218 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts
@recloud said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@recloud said:
@BassMan said:

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@recloud said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@recloud said:
@BassMan said:

I fully support the beach volleyball babe class to be in BFV :D

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

@recloud said:

@nomadic8280: This is fiction, it doesn't necessarily have to be accurate, isn't that what you people say about Lara Croft? That she can be sexy because she's not a real woman?

And WTF, so in which universe would you think you'd see a man with a huge sword killing monsters like in JRPGs? That's really unlikely to happen as MONSTERS don't exist.

So, no, nothing forced about that. It's an artistic and design choice. You don't like it? Don't buy it.

"You people"?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#222  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I thought I may have prevented things from exploding ^_^ But I suppose not.

Oh well. Just to repeat: Most of the controversy you will see will be caused by the marketing saying this game is telling stories of WW2 and offering takes on WW2 you haven't seen before, and then showing a pretty wild trailer that contains lots of elements that seem (full game not out yet) out of place. Combine that with the fact that most people thought they were looking at a scripted scene that represents how online multiplayer battles will work (it was actually the 2-player co-op that they showed), and you get a recipe for controverse. I don't think it's odd that some people feel like there is some pandering going on given that situation. Honestly, ask yourself what this event+trailer looked like if you do care about the tone or authentic feel of a BF game, even if you purrsonally don't.

If you want to diffuse the situation, the best thing to do is realize that the marketing event conflicts with the trailer and that will cause some people to get mad. The characters in that trailer may not even be like the characters in online play. I bet a very small percentage of criticism will actually be people who are against women being portrayed in games at all. Most will be about the tone of the game or the conflicting messages of what this game actually is. So I don't think there is all that much to be angry about. Maybe we can be angry at the marketing event and the few people who actually are against having women in games because... why?

(I don't like the argument that authenticity does not matter in games as a result of unrealistic elements being present in games. We all know that a game can never be completely authentic. Especially multiplayer games will struggle. But that doesn't mean that authenticity automatically becomes moot. That argument could be used for anything in games from graphics to story and it doesn't work, it's not black/white like that. I think Kingdom Come was a good example of a game that is praised mostly for its authenticity. It is something that can be of value, so losing it can mean something too.)

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 ReCloud

@uninspiredcup: I've never complained about DOA lol

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#224 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

I dont care about the BF series but its disgusting how they force this SJW agenda to the game. We see it all over society today, movies games, everywhere. Men and women are too different things, not the same. Women fighting in WWII is just dumb and unrealistic. Will dogs soon also fight in WWII? Hey i think they used them as suicide bombers... they have rights too to be in the cover!

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#225 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
@ronvalencia said:
@Wasdie said:

I'm not exactly sure what your point is here.

"Front line soldiers were never women" is not true for the Soviet Union.

Considering there were 30+ million front line soviet soldiers. I'm going to stick with my generalization that there were not women among them. There were situations sure, but when the Soviets were plowing through Poland chasing the Nazi forces, you would be very hard pressed to find any female soldiers there.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 ReCloud

@KillzoneSnake: "Women fighting in WWII is just dumb and unrealistic."

>Gaming

>Realism

Choose one.

You know what else is unrealistic? Taking a lot of shots, getting cover and regenerating to full health in a matter of seconds.

I don't see you complaining about that.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@GarGx1 said:
@recloud said:

@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:

Yup, you know absolutely nothing about me, nor do you have any comprehension about what I'm saying. Actually try reading my posts.

I'll repeat for you in simpler language.

I'm saying is that they can put as many female characters in games as they want, it does not bother me in the slightest, I don't care what gender a player character is.

However, EA are simply trying look like "good guys" with this poorly disguised marketing gimmick and you're falling for it hand over fist. This is not "equality" nor is it empowering for women. Making masculine female characters is not something the majority of female gamers I've known want. I've been gaming a long, long time and have many female gamer friends from lots of different games, including FPS's but mostly MMO's, not a single one of them actually wants to play a hard assed man and a hard assed man in a girl costume is no better, in fact it's insulting. Not as insulting as people who think EA are being all progressive though.

Understand?

DUDE!

read this part very closely

you

have

no

idea

why

they

put

in

a

female

lead

you are projecting and assuming. You are saying 'I have no problem if they put in a female lead (which they just did) but you dont like it because they did it for X reason'

problem is...YOU DONT KNOW WHY THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is the difference between this female lead and Lara Croft?

NOTHING...only the ASSUMPTION it was done for some agenda.

That's not a lead, that's an optional, almost definitely customisable, player character in a multiplayer, likely co-op, scripted trailer. "She's" also a re-skinned bloke and the reasons are entirely transparent, it's EA not something complex and world shifting.

The agenda is "lets try and lose some of the bad guy image and make more money from drones who think we're on their side"

Get over yourself.

is that very seriously the best response you can come up with?

Good enough to stop you in your tracks it seems.

'thats not a lead'

is really all you have...?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

Jeez the incels sure do begin spitting on their keyboards quite easily these days.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 TryIt
@GarGx1 said:
@recloud said:
@GarGx1 said:
@recloud said:

Sit down and be quiet.

it would absolutely help you.

Here is the claim:

There is an army of Feminists out there calling up these developers and applying all matters of social pressure forcing the developers to do something they do not want to do so that they can be free of such pressure.

My Question:

Who are these feminists that are doing this? point to where they are. point to the pressure, how is it applied? so evidence that there is pressure

these people you implicitly claim to have all this power....do not exist

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 ReCloud

@tryit: this is all but paranoia, he can't deal with the fact that times are changing, that the world is changing and the media see the need and the demand to be more inclusive.

His paranoia made him believe there's a conspiracy, not that this is something that is bound to happen, one way or the other.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

I don't mind women leads, HZD is still my game of this gen. EA on the other hand absolutely SUCKS at making video games.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 TryIt
@recloud said:

@tryit: this is all but paranoia, he can't deal with the fact that times are changing, that the world is changing and the media see the need and the demand to be more inclusive.

His paranoia made him believe there's a conspiracy, not that this is something that is bound to happen, one way or the other.

either that or he is listening to much AM radio on the drive home and just believing anything they say without thinking about it.

one of the two

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By GarGx1
@tryit said:

Here is the claim:

There is an army of Feminists out there calling up these developers and applying all matters of social pressure forcing the developers to do something they do not want to do so that they can be free of such pressure.

My Question:

Who are these feminists that are doing this? point to where they are. point to the pressure, how is it applied? so evidence that there is pressure

Army? Where did I say Army? Pretty sure I said "noisy minority", those are not anything like the same thing.

I also never mentioned feminism, that's entirely you putting your agenda in to my complaint against EA. Which is, they are simply re-skinning male characters to pander to a noisy minority. They should make female characters, with female personalities, not men with boobs like the example in the trailer video. If you like your women to be manly, that's your choice, I hope you enjoy it but all the female gamers I know, want to play female characters, who are actually representative of females, and that includes my wife and daughters.

You want an example of the noisy minority with a voice in the media and, for some unfathomable reason, able to put pressure on developers? By the way she's just a conman taking cash from vulnerable and impressionable fools.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By TryIt
@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:

Here is the claim:

My Question:

Army? Where did I say Army? Pretty sure I said "noisy minority",...

ok..

where is the 'noisy minority' that have such power.

I claim those people do not exist.

and giving me a link to gamespot front page isnt going to cut it

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 GarGx1

@tryit: Wrong link, not sure how I managed that. Try this one. I can point you to many more of these trolls.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 TryIt
@GarGx1 said:

@tryit: Wrong link, not sure how I managed that. Try this one. I can point you to many more of these trolls.

nope that links to somethign about Yahoo Oath.

look, just give us your interpenetration highlighting the obvious indicators of a "noisy minority" who has a lot of power to make people do what they do want to do and it would be helpful to explain how they contain such power influence

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 GarGx1
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:

look, just give us your interpenetration highlighting the obvious indicators of a "noisy minority" who has a lot of power to make people do what they do want to do and it would be helpful to explain how they contain such power influence

That's your end dude, you're being diverted by Yahoo because the new GDPR rules that came into effect today.

Here's a Google one

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By ReCloud

@GarGx1: so you're afraid of women. Ok, now let us Know WHY you're afraid of them.

Lol the links you sent have a YouTube channel that is not even popular neither has any voice or Power.

Just admit you're afraid of women and losing your status quo.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By TryIt
@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:

That's your end dude, you're being diverted by Yahoo because the new GDPR rules that came into effect today.

Here's a Google one

you going to have to do a LOT better then a link of a conservative keyword that points to tons of videos of ONE WOMAN who does nothing other than state facts in her videos that everyone already knows is true.

you havent actually ever watched any of her videos have you?

ONE WOMAN...is doing all of this?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 ReCloud

@tryit: I want to know why he is so afraid of women, don't you? It really makes one wonder why women make these guys so insecure.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@recloud said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@recloud said:
@BassMan said:

LOL so it begins XD

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 ReCloud

@davillain-: lol this is as ridiculous as that outcry about the last of us 2 trailer.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

@recloud: It just goes to show you SJW will do anything to make up BS over a damn woman in War games. Hell, this is still a day one purchase for me anyways.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 TryIt
@recloud said:

@tryit: I want to know why he is so afraid of women, don't you? It really makes one wonder why women make these guys so insecure.

yes...

I often wonder the same thing, its very bizzare

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 GarGx1
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:

Here's a Google one

you going to have to do a LOT better then a link of a conservative keyword that points to tons of videos of ONE WOMAN who does nothing other than state facts in her videos that everyone already knows is true.

I shown proof of non a gamer with influence in games development, now you prove me wrong. I've seen nothing from you to show that EA are not pandering to a noisy minority, or that the "female" characters in the trailer are nothing more than re-skinned males with a female voice over.

@recloud said:

@GarGx1: so you're afraid of women. Ok, now let us Know WHY you're afraid of them.

Yes you got me, I'm afraid of women. Including my wife, daughters, mother, sister, cousins, friends and colleagues.

Come back when you're mature enough to hold an adult conversation.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By TryIt
@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:

Here's a Google one

I shown proof of non a gamer with influence in games development, now you prove me wrong. I've seen nothing from you to show that EA are not pandering to a noisy minority, or that the "female" characters in the trailer are nothing more than re-skinned males with a female voice over.

@recloud said:

Yes you got me, I'm afraid of women. Including my wife, daughters, mother, sister, cousins, friends and colleagues.

Come back when you're mature enough to hold an adult conversation.

that was not remotely even in a general hemisphere of 'proof'

anyone can link a video of a womans name, it doesnt mean that woman is actually behind the choices game developers make.

make the connection, you havent

any random person making a comment in a video does not mean they have influence over what they say with friggin anyone!

you have to proof that part

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 GarGx1

@tryit: Counter it with proof then. Go on prove me wrong.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By TryIt
@GarGx1 said:

@tryit: Counter it with proof then. Go on prove me wrong.

just because a person says something on a video does not mean they have influence over anyone.

your bias on this subject is painfully clear.

so no...you lost and miserably i might add

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By ReCloud

@GarGx1: mature conversation? You can't provide any evidence for your claims and are whining about women in videogames.

I think you should look at the mirror.

I'm still waiting for the proof that these women, and that of the video, have any influence whatsoever on gaming development