Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

@GameboyTroy:

I think Urien from story mode is way too overpowered probably he will be toned down when they release him officially.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 panda30
Member since 2016 • 941 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
Loading Video...

Damn new epic las vegas stage, new techno balrog theme, and he's got a new robe that boxers use nowadays.

I like the cute girls walking with there hands up near the limo great stage work here capcom.

It's still not on xbox one so your screwed if you only own an xbox one.

Why didn't xbox call up capcom and tell them this game better be on our system? I just don't understand how this stuff works what the hell was microsoft thinking with this one?

Sony pay for exclusivity

and xbox have killer instinct

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@oflow said:

Did they finally make this a full game?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not impressed with Balrog. I think most XBox One gamers are too busy playing Killer Instinct - Season 3 right now to care about SFV. BluBlaz is coming to XB1 as well. Whey SFV hits PSPlus I'll play it.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 panda30

that and Mortal kombat developer hinted MK vs KI on tweeter

not to mention SF5 its on PC witch I find much better on PC

Loading Video...

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Kashiwaba

@panda30:

To be fair a lot of people on neogaf complain about the performance of the pc version.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#56  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19547 Posts

Nice. The real Mike Bison has returned.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@casharmy said:
@thedork_knight said:

Shame KI is better

@cainetao11 said:

Whoever likes fighting games, I hope you love it. I can live without them.

@Kashiwaba said:

@thedork_knight:

KI contents wise now > SFV

KI gameplay <<< SFV (at this point credibility was shot to hell)

KI contents 5 months into the game < SFV

But KI was free.

@Kashiwaba said:

@thedork_knight:

According to Meta KI season 2>SFV> KI season 1

Evo entires

SFV - 5065

Smash 4 - 2637

Melee - 2350

Pokken - 1165

GG:XrdR - 903

UMvC3 - 770

MKX - 707

T7 - 543

KI - 540

https://mobile.twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/748775258828578817

lol lems

You guys are out of touch with reality because of your corporate fanboyism and system wars social bubble alt-reality belief.

IRL KI is the bottom tier of all fighters lol...literally ^.

It's either you lems choose to hate on an entire genre of games or cling to the only brand marketed title available on xbox even if it's the worst option in the genre...that's lems in a nuttshell and shown perfectly here in this thread.

SFV is the top teir fighter this gen (soon to be challenged by KOFXIV), lems bringing up KI is laughable because it's also on PC and still no one cares.

#DealWithIt.

Do you actually take part in Evo? No so then them numbers mean nothing to you, me or anyone else on this forum.

Meta States that KI is better then SFV, simple as no back tracking, no changing the rules, EVO numbers doesnt change that. If i were to say ROTTR is better then UC4 you'd be quick enough to state its not due to Metacritic.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@thedork_knight said:

Do you actually take part in Evo? No so then them numbers mean nothing to you, me or anyone else on this forum.

Meta States that KI is better then SFV, simple as no back tracking, no changing the rules, EVO numbers doesnt change that. If i were to say ROTTR is better then UC4 you'd be quick enough to state its not due to Metacritic.

Your comment here further proves you have no credibility on the subject.

You are essentially saying you take the word of fly by night fighting game reviewers over professional fighting gamers throughout the world haha...sounds credible!

Everyone knows why SFV was given low critical scores and it has nothing to do with the quality of the gameplay, so your argument pretty much exposes you as someone whos doesn't know anything about fighting games to classify one better than another. You're a casual "fan" at best.

KI having a higher meta over SFV is a fact, I never disputed that however....

EVO players (professional fighting gamers throughout the world) >>> game reviewers who casually picked up a fighting game to give a score.

There is literally no one in the fighting game circle who puts KI over SFV...it's not even in the conversation haha.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 panda30

@casharmy said:
@thedork_knight said:

You are essentially saying you take the word of fly by night fighting game reviewers over professional fighting gamers throughout the world haha...sounds credible!

Everyone knows why SFV was given low critical scores and it has nothing to do with the quality of the gameplay, so your argument pretty much exposes you as someone whos doesn't know anything about fighting games to classify one better than another. You're a casual "fan" at best.

EVO players (professional fighting gamers throughout the world) >>> game reviewers who casually picked up a fighting game to give a score.

There is literally no one in the fighting game circle who puts KI over SFV...it's not even in the conversation haha.

I explain this on the other thread this number means nothing because KI tournament started before evo and only the final will dayview at evo

SF5 however will do the full tornoment at evo

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@casharmy said:
@thedork_knight said:

Do EVO players generally mean anything to us? No there are in the very minority of the actually player base.

I have no credibility on fighting game because i dont care for the genre anymore, but like me you are a casual when it comes to these games as you arent a EVO player either.

My original comment was that KI is a better game then SFV according to meta which it is. You were the one trying to counter that with evo number which has no bearing on the quality of the game, call of duty have large numbers of professional players but it certainly isnt the best FPS on the market and definately not the best online shooter

Â

Â

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 panda30

@casharmy said:
@thedork_knight said:

Shame KI is better

@cainetao11 said:

@Kashiwaba said:

@thedork_knight:

But KI was free.

@Kashiwaba said:

@thedork_knight:

Evo entires

SFV - 5065

Smash 4 - 2637

Melee - 2350

Pokken - 1165

UMvC3 - 770

MKX - 707

T7 - 543

KI - 540

lol lems

You guys are out of touch with reality because of your corporate fanboyism and system wars social bubble alt-reality belief.

It's either you lems choose to hate on an entire genre of games or cling to the only brand marketed title available on xbox even if it's the worst option in the genre...that's lems in a nuttshell and shown perfectly here in this thread.

SFV is the top teir fighter this gen (soon to be challenged by KOFXIV), lems bringing up KI is laughable because it's also on PC and still no one cares.

#DealWithIt.

KI and Pokken as I explain over and over are running tournaments with only the finals are at evo

SF5 however runs the full tournament at evo and you're clueless to why capcom do this SF5 only sold 1.7mill so they don't have enough people for a multi season tournament

KI and Pokken both have over 7 mill so they both run multi tournaments leading into evo for a final in KI case last 3 tornoments had 3,000 qualifiers

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@casharmy said:
@thedork_knight said:

Shame KI is better

@cainetao11 said:

@Kashiwaba said:

@thedork_knight:

But KI was free.

@Kashiwaba said:

@thedork_knight:

Evo entires

SFV - 5065

Smash 4 - 2637

Melee - 2350

Pokken - 1165

UMvC3 - 770

MKX - 707

T7 - 543

KI - 540

lol lems

#DealWithIt.

I could've sworn you and I weren't going to converse on the board.

How is my corporate fanboyism keeping me out of touch with reality? Because I made a post of general goodwill towards any fellow gamers that like Fighting games? I hope you all love them, they don't do anything for me. That includes Killer Instinct

It's Independence day, the U.S. is 240 years old today and you have the freedom to come out of the closet. Everyone here sees through your nonsense and knows you're COW. Just look in the mirror, take a deep breath, and say out loud "I am a Sony fanboy, I am not above any of the other people on SW". You'll feel better.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: nah he didn't rage quit.

I rarely use ken in training room any more because he doesn't have a 3 frame normal to test out proper meaties and frame traps on.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Kashiwaba

@spicymeatball27:

More important question how many Alts do you have and seriously bro get a life it's not healthy whatever you're doing with your life right now.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@Kashiwaba said:

@LegatoSkyheart:

No matter how much contents SFV gets people will keep using the incomplete game argument and most of those haven't even tried the game.

I have. Played it on PC at a game night at a friends house. The gameplay is top tier, definitely a great game--no doubts about it. However, I'm waiting to purchase my own copy once all content is out and they release the inevitable Super/Arcade/Ultimate edition. I can wait.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Saving my FP for someone that I actually want.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Kashiwaba

@shellcase86:

Probably their will be a complete edition after season 1 but it won't separate the game like they did USF4 it will just be the vanilla SFV with all the dlc contents for free.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

People comparing KI and SFV Evo numbers have no clue what they are talking about/doing.

KI is a 3 year old game that started from scratch with no marketing or advertising. KI was/is a F2P game that was both ridiculed and spat upon in 2013 both for being F2P (which it really isn't but whatever) and the fact that it was on the X1. The mere fact that KI is still around, still at Evo, and has GROWN in number rather than decreased says a lot. Hell, KI is only like 3 people behind Tekken 7...TEKKEN 7!! If you don't see the good in that, then again, you just don't know what you are talking about.

SFV having 5000 at Evo is AMAZING, and awesome. SF is the back bone of Evo and always has been. Evo was started because of SF. That number is the culmination of 15 years of hard work and growth in the Capcom FGC/FGC at large. All other games that are at Evo are sort of biting off of the Capcom community when it comes to Evo in general. But when you start trying to translate Evo entrant numbers to mass popularity and sales you are just incredibly wrong and dense. To understand this all you have to look at is MK vs. SF Evo numbers.

MKX was the best selling most lucrative fighting game ever (iirc), and that only got 1100 entrant last year, and this year it has dropped of to 700 entrants. Evo numbers doesn't translate to mass appeal or money, only community size and it speaks to the community's acceptance of a specific title. SFV is very popular with the Capcom tournament community, not to mention that this is it's first year at Evo, and this is its first 'Capcom Pro Tour' year. And yeah, lets also bring up the fact that SFV has even brought in many other players from other FG communities as well to play it this year as well. (If you didn't know, there is MUCH more cross over from game to game this year at Evo, as many MK players, many KI players, many KOF players, etc. have entered both there main game AND SFV this year).

And none of this takes into account the fact that Evo has been blown out this year, taking place at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, and that SFV Top 8 is going to be broadcast on ESPN2 this year. Evo is MASSIVE this year, bringing in a record number of players, spectators, and watchers from home. SMH.

Trying to boil Evo numbers down to KI vs. SFV is laughable...but whatever...this is System Wars, and people just want to win an argument. That's cool too...yeah...sure...lets go with that.

SMH...

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#72 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

I have. Played it on PC at a game night at a friends house. The gameplay is top tier, definitely a great game--no doubts about it. However, I'm waiting to purchase my own copy once all content is out and they release the inevitable Super/Arcade/Ultimate edition. I can wait.

I just like to remind you that Ultra Street Fighter IV was released nearly 5 full years after the original game. 6 if you count the Arcade Release the Original Release.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@shellcase86 said:

I just like to remind you that Ultra Street Fighter IV was released nearly 5 full years after the original game. 6 if you count the Arcade Release the Original Release.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm a patient man, man.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

@speak_low:

Sorry for the long post.

TL;DR - You aren't taking everything into account, thus you are wrong.

KI wasn't exactly some poor baby Kickstarter project. It was promoted as the premier fighter for the Xbox One. They even brought it to San Diego Comic-Con to show it off. Many thought the Xbox One would be selling far better than it's doing today, and that KI-exclusivity would be one of its many enticing console movers (even moreso when it's a free exclusive!)

KI may not have been a "poor baby kickstarter," but it isn't SFV, or MKX, or Tekken 7. KI was, and has been, a budget title from the start, which was why it was built and rolled out like it was (and was why it was being ridiculed like it was back in 2013). KI gets no commercials, it gets no big media push on sites like IGN or Gamespot like an SFV, or MKX, or Tekken 7. Hell, just look at this past E3 and how MS "pushed" their own game...

KI got like 2 minutes on stage at there OWN conference, while Tekken 7 got like 10. Since KI's creation in 2013 the title has exceed expectations (according to Phil Spencer via interviews) despite having no marketing push, which is why it is still around today. They can put little money in and get at decent return.

You might want to look at KI as the "premier fighter on Xbox One," and in some respects it is (for like the first year of the X1 it was the ONLY fighting game on the platform), but at the same time KI has always been a minor exclusive on the Xbox platform. KI does not get the attention that a Halo, or a Gears, or [insert exclusive here] gets, KI just has a fervent community who talks about the game, and pushes/supports it in a big way.

Have you heard of the KI World Cup? That is a community run tournament that had NO input from MS or IG. Have you heard of the '8 Bit Beatdown'? That is an online community tournament that has been running for the better part of 2 years now. The KI community is, and has been, doing these things on its own since 2013, where by comparison, SF has been doing it's thing since the early 2000's, and now in 2016 has the $500,000, Sony backed, Capcom produced, Capcom Pro Tour and Capcom Cup that they have been touting since late last year.

It's not even a contest.

Sure KI has been taken to Cons like SDCC, as well as has been taken to many other places (just like most other FGs and other games out there), but those are all to help promote the game as its PRIMARY marketing push. There is no comparing games like SFV and KI in the realm of marketing and money being pumped into the project. KI is noticeably lower on that totem pole, but at the same time KI has held its own in the realm of quality, and has only grown in popularity since it's launch in 2013.

No one is expecting KI to do SF numbers. Forget about that ever happening. But they could be doing better, and be placing much higher on that list, couldn't they? It's not, because the Xbox One itself doesn't have that big of an install base, and the "7 million KI players" is misleading, because the actual active community is not that huge. The low number of EVO entrants kind of shows where worldwide interest is currently at with this game.

Why would/should they be doing better? Because it is "the premier Fighter on the Xbox One"? 500 people is a good number at Evo. If you don't realize that, then that is just you not understanding what is going on here.

Sure Evo 2016 is turning out to be a massive success already, but we are still talking about a non-Street Figther game at Evo here. Look at T7, a legacy game, whose the community has been going to Evo since it's inception, 2003; 543 entrants. Look at MvC3, who community has also been at Evo since 2002 back in the MvC2 days; "only" at 770 entrants. Look at GG Xrd, who has been a part of Evo since 2003; "only" at 903 entrants.

KI having 540 entrants very good, as the number has grown by 140 entrants over last year. That shows that the game's community IS growing, and is still very much alive, and that the competitive community is still strong. If the number dropped year over year, that means the game is dying/in trouble, but that is just not the case here.

You think 500 or so entrants is great and a magnificent success. That's great. I don't. It could be much better...had the Xbox One been a more successful console, and if MS were better marketers.

There in is the issue with your argument. You are using the 500 entrant number as a bar for how well Microsoft has done with pushing the game. Microsoft doesn't push KI...the community does.

FYI: Evo isn't a corporate marketing tool (at least for non-Capcom games) for its featured games. Evo is a Fighting Game Community run event that KI has had the privilege to have had been featured at the last 3 years (since it launched). Since it's first Evo, KI has continued to grow year over year (despite being on a "weaker" platform, with no marketing, a small budget, relatively small install base, etc., etc.). But KI is still here and is still growing and doing well.

I know KI has been gone a while, but so was Street Fighter after SF3 (10 years until SFIV hit). Killer Instinct was a big star back in the day, and this version could be doing much better today.

Another hitch in your argument.

You do realize that during those "10 years until SFIV hit" where SF was supposedly "gone" like KI was, that this is when Evo was created and when the Capcom FGC was still growing?

KI was legit dead after KI2. Groups of people didn't get together yearly to play KI. Hell, today when people in the FGC think back on KI, they talk about those OG games as "bad" and "horrible". Even Adam Keits, the lead combat designer on KI today, talks about how he actively dislikes the OG games. Sure the casual market ate games like MK and KI up back in the day, but the competitive crowed is different beast altogether.

KI today is doing well in the crowded FG market there is today. With Evo bringing in legacy titles like MvC3, Tekken, and GG in to the 2016 lineup, and making room for huge titles like Smash4 and Melee, as well as the newbie Pokken, on top of the headliner that is SFV, KI is lucky, and privileged to be in the spot that it is.

MKX did very well in terms of sales, but it was also on three platforms, with a total of around 4.5 million units sold. SFV can't do that because it just came out in February, and is short one platform.

That isn't the point. But whatever.

But I trust that SFV will continue to sell throughout these years and surprise people at the end (SFIV, with all its editions, ended up with around 8+ million sold across 6-7 years).

SFV will be fine in the long run. They are treating SF like a platform...just like MS is treating KI, and so with KI doing as well as it has been for the last 3 years, SFV will do even better with it's massive push from Sony, as well as a huge worldwide community to draw from.

There is the difference between KI and SF today.

SF has a HUGE fan base that has existed since 1991, and throughout the past 25 years SF has only grown with its various games, comics, movies, tournaments, events, etc. Today SF has massive marketing push from both Capcom and Sony, and despite a backlash from the casual crowd around the game, it still has the hardcore who will push and fight for this game along side all the corporate back money and marketing.

KI had 2 games in the 90's, and a short run comic during that same time. KI was literally dead to the public for the better part of 17 years. Today though, with little to no marketing push from Microsoft, KI is doing well for itself in it's 3rd year despite the odds being stacked against it. Sure KI could be doing better if MS was marketing it better, but it is not, and thus KI's growth is good, as it does speak to the quality of the game, and the dedication and strength of it's community.

It's one of the best examples of a fighting game series that has legs, and EVO/tourney events are the very things that give it those boosts and keep it alive. This game doesn't have the same sales pattern as other AAA titles, where they see huge drop offs. Those who said SFV would bomb and disappear, and the series would never recover after Capcom/Sony killed it, are the crazies you should be going after, because they keep ignoring these facts, and type everything with hyperbole.

To me, the EVO numbers and sales are intimately tied. For SF at least. It's a slightly different beast than the others.

I honestly don't care about people who think SFV will "bomb" and "die". They are fanboys looking to win an argument. SFV will be fine because the hardcore SF crowd is into it, and will support it. That is the bet that Capcom/Sony made, and IMO that is a good bet. That being said, again, trying to make the argument that KI is performing "badly" because its Evo numbers are only up slightly, where as SF is doing extremely well as it's numbers are up massively, is just misleading.

• This is SFV's first Evo.
  • SFV is the ONLY SF game featured at Evo this year as SF4 was dropped
  • Capcom Cup / $500,000
  • Madalay Bay

These things (plus more that are not listed) are all working for SFV going into Evo this year, and this is on top of the fact that SFV is riding a wave of 7-8 years of year over year growth after the competitive boom that was SF4. Again, trying to compare KI, a game in it 3rd year at Evo, to THE legacy game title that started Evo in 2002, boomed with growth in 2009 with a new title (SF4), and is now booming again with a new title and a host of other title specific factors is just...dumb (sorry).

One other thing I just wanted to point out...

SFV Top 8 being on ESPN2 this year is/will be a huge boon for the title (and Sony) over all, as being on TV (as well as all over Twitch, YT, and everything else) for a 2.5-hour block with potentially hundreds of thousands of people watching is just a huge commercial for the brand.

Again, KI isn't getting that, never has gotten that, and probably wont ever get that. Lol! SMH...

Did you know that MKXL's last ESL tournament aired (at least in part) on WB's TV network? MKX has had 3 high profile ESL tournaments in the past year and half, and all 3 tournaments combined amounted to a $400,000 prize pool. This year's Capcom Pro Tour amounts to $500,000.

In the past 2.5 years that KI has been around, KI has seen NOTHING like that. KI did have a community fund last year that collected a total of $100,000 that was used as a prize pool across many different offline and online events. And this year at E3 MS announced a $100,000 KI tour that would put money in various events leading up the community KI Cup next year. But did you hear about that? Not many people did I suspect, because KI just doesn't get the exposure that titles like SFV or MKX do...but people still like to think of KI as the "big Microsoft Fighting Game Exclusive" which works for the title in some regards I guess, but also works against it in some aspects as well it seems.

All of them got inflated numbers this year since they are taking place in this huge venue. But the ratios stay the same. The higher proportion of people rushing in to participate in an SFV tournament is obvious to everyone, and much higher than, say, Tekken 7 and MK8. You can't say "This means absolutely nothing" to Capcom. These type of things are what made Capcom release the game earlier. Whether you think it was a good or bad idea is your opinion, but to say these EVO numbers "means nothing to no one" is just plain wrong.

SFV is the most popular fighting game in the world, and growing. ESPN didn't choose the least popular or somewhat popular one. They chose to televise SFV on cable TV for a reason.

Those who said this game would bomb and die off after launch were the wrong ones.

Sure. Many games got a bump this year...SFV getting the biggest one. That being said, some games stayed pretty stable, dipped, or where just plain new additions.

• GG had 970 last year...this year they have 903.
  • MvC3 had 816 last year...this year they have 770.
  • MKX had 1170 last year...this year they have 700.
  • Both Smash games grew by 500+ people.
  • Pokken is a new title with 1000+people.

KI being on the short list of returning games that grew year over year (140+) is a good thing no matter how you slice it. That being said, again, trying to boil down KI's success just on the merits of 'Evo entrant numbers' is a flawed metric.

Evo numbers say NOTHING about over all sales of a game. Those numbers may be able to be used to spin a narrative to entice more people to try the game, they may be used to promote a narrative about a game to a wider audience, but all Evo numbers actually speak to is the extent to which there is engagement of a competitive scene around a specific game. If people are willing to travel to play and compete in a game, that means the community of said game is strong around that game. SF is clearly one of the strongest communities in this regard, with a lot of momentum and passion going forward, but at the same time many other titles are doing extremely well too.

Year over year growth at Evo is all one can ask for, as going the other way isn't a good look...so yeah, by the numbers, KI is one of the games on that short list of games that is only growing in the competitive space.