deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

I hope designing Half Life Alyx around teleportation and comfort won't hurt how it plays in smooth locomotion

@ghosts4ever:

Left 4 Dead is generic? Now I know you're trolling

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

@ghosts4ever: How the hell Left 4 Dead is generic? Whatever drugs you are taking, stop using them!!!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#53 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

@pinkribbonscars said:

I hope designing Half Life Alyx around teleportation and comfort won't hurt how it plays in smooth locomotion

@ghosts4ever:

Left 4 Dead is generic? Now I know you're trolling

@davillain- said:

@ghosts4ever: How the hell Left 4 Dead is generic? Whatever drugs you are taking, stop using them!!!

if L4D was not made by valve. no one would care about and people would have hated it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I sent gabe an e-mail after The Lost Coast demo and well, he told me to do so.

But I think it had the adverse effect.

I told them how I was a big fan of their games and talked about how they should make more Half Life and Day of Defeat.

Yes, it's my fault Valve stopped making games, it's true :(

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#55 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: excellent.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Stop hating... This looks f***ing great.

it looks meh. hands floating in air again. a cheap indie game make by valve.

Ah, so you have never played HL, gotcha! If you did you would have known that no Half Life game had 'HANDS'.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Ah, so you have never played HL, gotcha! If you did you would have known that no Half Life game had 'HANDS'.

lol. i have been Half life fan since decade.

i mean in this game. hands float in air like all VR game.

I can see hand visible and not float in air like that VR game.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

And those are static. You can't pick a crate with a hand. You can't turn the valve with a hand. You just had a cursor. No HL games used hands.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Hah. I've played through Black Mesa so many times without the Xen stuff.

I probably ought to play through the original again.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PC_Rocks

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Loading Video...

I thought it had full locomotion but I saw teleporting here. Is it the old build or what?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#61  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Loading Video...

I thought it had full locomotion but I saw teleporting here. Is it the old build or what?

You can move around both ways. Up to the player.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Why are the hands disembodied, though? You're telling me they couldn't figure out the animations of limbs?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#64 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

Why are the hands disembodied, though? You're telling me they couldn't figure out the animations of limbs?

Once you play games with the whole disembodied thing you stop caring.

It's interesting that they've went down the Bethesda route (Betheda being lazy bastards) of removing ladder climbing.

Personally speaking, it's something I really hate about Bethesda games, i'd rather they had some ladder climbing in their even if it was just a basic up-down animation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

@pc_rocks said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Loading Video...

There's smooth loco in that vid (asian guy uses it). But I believe the game was designed around teleportation and smooth loco was added as an afterthought, which is worrying imo.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

And those are static. You can't pick a crate with a hand. You can't turn the valve with a hand. You just had a cursor. No HL games used hands.

you cant because it was in 2004. but here in this VR game hand is invincible even holding a freaking weapon.

if this game was not made by valve. you would be hating on it.

I have beaten HL2 like 11 times before and still revisted it last year. i dont know how can valve not making sequel to it instead decide to make some VR spin off 90% of PC gamers wont able to play.

they are ripping off.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 R4gn4r0k

@pyro1245: You should check out the Mmod, that way you can play through Half Life 2 and the episodes again.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 R4gn4r0k

@ezekiel43: the controllers only register hand movements, so arms are a bit of a problem.

Plus they tend to clip through the camera.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

@pyro1245: You should check out the Mmod, that way you can play through Half Life 2 and the episodes again.

Mmod is very good, probably the best Halflife 2 mod along with Halflife 2: Update (which it combines with).

People who use Fakefactory are dead to me.

-

This is one of the problems with VR.

Barely off the ground and already got dumb shits segmenting it as much as humanly possible. I'm sure if Randy Prickford were here he's say something embarrassingly stupid like "COMPETITION GOOD GUYS!"

If Valve wanted to they could have easily followed those dickheads at Oculus and made it purely Vive/Index, instead everyone is benefiting.

The Rift even denies you activating and using it without logging in with it's service actively running while you use Steam VR. Resource hog as well. Thankfully you can get user-fixes around it, but even then they are attempting to stop it.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:

you cant because it was in 2004. but here in this VR game hand is invincible even holding a freaking weapon.

if this game was not made by valve. you would be hating on it.

I have beaten HL2 like 11 times before and still revisted it last year. i dont know how can valve not making sequel to it instead decide to make some VR spin off 90% of PC gamers wont able to play.

they are ripping off.

What? That had nothing to do with technology. Valve simply chose to do it then. It was a design choice not a technical limitation.

Yeah, I'll be hating on it just like I'm hating on Boneworks, oh wait...I don't.

Remain mad that Valve are actually pushing boundaries are you're mad that you can't play their latest game. Not because you don't want to. Valve can strip it of every thing, dumb it down but make it a traditional game and you will be singing praises of it. You're so jealous that you're hoping Halo:Infinite - a game you haven't seen any gameplay of can be better than HL. LMAO!

Go play console game Doom by a now console developer Id. As a matter of fact, go buy an Xbox and play it there. You can then also save money by going that route.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PC_Rocks

@pinkribbonscars said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Loading Video...

There's smooth loco in that vid (asian guy uses it). But I believe the game was designed around teleportation and smooth loco was added as an afterthought, which is worrying imo.

I know it was originally built around teleportation and Boneworks changed their minds but I though the game already incorporated the locomotion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup: Everything is segmented these days. You want the Mandalorian? Get disney plus.

You want the new Game of Thrones sequel? Get Hbo plus

You want the new series by Spielberg and Hanks? Get apple TV

Seems like they want to make it harder and harder for consumers, or get them to buy as much stuff as possible.

What do you mean with Mmod combines with HL: update? How does that work exactly?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

What? That had nothing to do with technology. Valve simply chose to do it then. It was a design choice not a technical limitation.

Yeah, I'll be hating on it just like I'm hating on Boneworks, oh wait...I don't.

Remain mad that Valve are actually pushing boundaries are you're mad that you can't play their latest game. Not because you don't want to. Valve can strip it of every thing, dumb it down but make it a traditional game and you will be singing praises of it. You're so jealous that you're hoping Halo:Infinite - a game you haven't seen any gameplay of can be better than HL. LMAO!

Go play console game Doom by a now console developer Id. As a matter of fact, go buy an Xbox and play it there. You can then also save money by going that route.

not better than old half life but Halo infintie will be better than this so called VR Half life game. thats true

even Halo infninite is more PC friendly than VR HL which is rip off.

whats console Doom? whats PC Doom then?

seriously. Doom Eternal will be 10 times better than this VR game. and gameplaywise better than HL2 too.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 uninspiredcup  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup: Mmod combines with HL: update? How does that work exactly?

It combines with multiple mods, including shitfactory.

Should be in the readme.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup: I remember a version of the Cinematic Mod that looked really great. Really made the game shine and added some fantastic graphics.

But then he went overboard with the sex fantasy. Shame because I don't think people wanted that out of Half Life 2

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

not better than old half life but Halo infintie will be better than this so called VR Half life game. thats true

even Halo infninite is more PC friendly than VR HL which is rip off.

whats console Doom? whats PC Doom then?

seriously. Doom Eternal will be 10 times better than this VR game. and gameplaywise better than HL2 too.

Where's the gameplay of Infinite?

Yeah a game designed around controller will be better than the game built from the ground up for PC! That's why I said you should go and play games on Xbox.

Doom Eternal won't even be better than Doom 1-2 just like Doom 2016 wasn't let alone HL:A.

Remain jealous that you can't play HL:A and have fun playing the 20th Halo game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

Where's the gameplay of Infinite?

Yeah a game designed around controller will be better than the game built from the ground up for PC! That's why I said you should go and play games on Xbox.

Doom Eternal won't even be better than Doom 1-2 just like Doom 2016 wasn't let alone HL:A.

Remain jealous that you can't play HL:A and have fun playing the 20th Halo game.

Im not saying Halo infinite will be any kind of masterpiece. just think its more PC friendly than HL A.

Doom 2016 now play better than Doom 1 and 2. although originals were best for its time.

Doom Eternal is different beast. removing all arena lockdown, improving level design by making more vast open, putting platforming elements that looks innovative, set on mars, earth, hell and heaven and being longest Doom game. most varied too.

anything can be better than HLA. either Doom 1 and 2, 2016 and Eternal. and even Doom 3 which was also masterpiece.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup: I remember a version of the Cinematic Mod that looked really great. Really made the game shine and added some fantastic graphics.

But then he went overboard with the sex fantasy. Shame because I don't think people wanted that out of Half Life 2

Cinematic Mod never looked good. City 17 is suppose to be cold and sterile. Cinematic Mod uses a completely wrong color pallete giving the game a warmth that destroys the atmosphere. And don't get me started on the nonsensical redesigns of certain maps like Highway 17...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 R4gn4r0k
@pinkribbonscars said:

Cinematic Mod never looked good. City 17 is suppose to be cold and sterile. Cinematic Mod uses a completely wrong color pallete giving the game a warmth that destroys the atmosphere. And don't get me started on the nonsensical redesigns of certain maps like Highway 17...

I remember this trailer for Cinematic mod and it showed how it had a draw distance of like 100 meters, while Half Life 2's original draw distance was more like 20 meters, so it was a very noticable improvement.

I only ever tried out one version of Cinematic mod, it was version 1 or 2. because as file sizes started to increase, it got harder and harder for me to download them. And there was always this one link that went dead, so I never ended up getting a full installer.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 R4gn4r0k

Xen is out of the beta, and with the final levels now available Black Mesa is released

https://steamcommunity.com/games/362890/announcements/detail/1709611046898646594