Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:

@FastRobby: ? You mean 4th loss in a row. They've been losing every E3 easily since E3 2013. Talk about lemming denial.

Lol, that cow denial

Except it isn't. MS' E3s have been full of cancelled games like FailBound and flops like Quantum Fail since 2013. The only game they've released that was worth the hype has been FH3 everything else has been a disaster. Meanwhile Sony's been having successes like Bloodborne, Yakuza, Horizon, Uncharted 4, etc.

You're the one in denial dude. They better get their shit together this time or else it may be their last. Nintendo is coming from behind to snatch the no. 2 position this gen. Releasing more flops and announcing more future cancelled games will have disastrous consequences for them this go around.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@quadknight said:

^ ^ ? nyadc and TigerSuperman quoting each other and posting the same damage control in the same thread. This thread is going places lol. Congrats OP.

Have not got the time to have a second account, believe what you like.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@gordonfreeman said:
@asylumni said:
@gordonfreeman said:
@asylumni said:

Here's a primer, since you seem to have an issue with not every person being queried. And if the results are skewed, since BC requires you to go online and this study only uses people that went online, it would more likely skew in favor of BC usage relative to the whole.

First off I'd wager that over well over 90% of people who own these modern systems including the PS4 have them connected to the internet, they're almost worthless without an internet connection and a lot of games cannot even be properly played without downloading something. Also this yet again is only surveying a tiny fraction of the user base, furthermore you don't need an internet connection to use backward compatibility, you only need it to download the game to the system.

First off, that's still not 100%, and I'd wager that the people that never go online, don't play Xbox 360 games on their Xbox One. You should also re-read that link and the associated articles to understand that nearly one million out of around 30 million is a pretty robust sample size and many accepted and peer reviewed statistical analysis have even had less. And lastly, that is just what I said. I never said you had to be online every time you use it, but it does require online access at least once for each title.

That's just a loose guess, I said that for margin of error, I'm sure it's actually higher because as I said internet is a near fundamental requirement for system and game operation.

1:179 people on Earth have HIV, you could parse a sample of people millions of times larger and not have a single person in this parsed group with HIV, it's completely flawed methodology for examination. As I said, the group they parsed could be at 1.5% usage, they could have got another group that was 25%, or 18%, or 0.5% etc.

Without knowing what the other 97% of the user base is doing this information is absolutely meaningless, 100% undeniably meaningless.

Damage control would imply there's some kind of damage being done, there is none.

See the above.

Perfect., exactly right. Ignore the trolls. Sony fucked up and the gaming media is damaging controlling for them.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44165 Posts

Poo cows getting Rekt in this thread!!

lol :P

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#405 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@asylumni said:
@cainetao11 said:
@asylumni said:
@cainetao11 said:

Nah it isnt a chore but the fact remains how many of us have our PS4's turned on while we arent using it to play a game watch Netflix? I only turn mine on in order to play a game. I dont even use Netflix or any other app service on it because my X1S is on whenever the TV is turned on because it controls the TV, cable in my home. And I only play games basically wed afternoon in the Sea of Thieves alpha and on Fri-Sunday. So all those hours the X1S is turned on but none are for gaming because I still watch sports, movies, news. The HDMI pass through control feature destroys the validity of this data to a large degree.

LOL, according to the data, TV only takes up 6.7%. Heck, even ignoring all the non-gaming use, backwards compatibility would only rise to a mere 2.7% of the total gaming time. What's next? People leave Xbox One games paused while they go eat/sleep/post online, artificially inflating that number to appear more popular?

LOL but they have a good % watching Netflix, other apps (oh I dont know maybe Hulu and others services which are putting dents into network TV) Yeah, you really proved me wrong fella

It's good you saw reason. Though, with your first sentence, I wasn't even going to relate the non-gaming usage to BC usage and infer how much more use the users got from TV and streaming apps compared to BC, thus my elimination of those portions and only looking at the gaming use. I also rounded up.

LOL I don't care who uses what. I use BC. And MS offers it. I appreciate that.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

9 pages in such a short time..hahahahaa

Lemmings are really bitter about this news.

My dear lemmings,MS just confirmed that YOU barely play one of the most hyped features (even in broken form) over the PS4.

500 million hours is pathetic and very low,32 hours of 360 gameplay in 19 months of backward compatibility per player is very low and show most of you don't even use that feature at all half the user base barely use it and the other half doesn't even use it at all.

I think it is about time to let this one go,it was destine to be that way the PS3 had more than 5,000 games by backward compatibility including some of the best games ever created day 1,and lemmings simply didn't care and for 3 years claim the PS3 had no games.

So i think it is time to let it go Arstechnica article is right few use the feature and MS own numbers confirm it.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#407 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

With Sony about to lose yet another E3, I see the Sony fans are in full defense mode this week.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#408 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts
@gordonfreeman said:
@asylumni said:
@gordonfreeman said:
@asylumni said:
@gordonfreeman said:

Half-ass BC? They took a console that was never meant to or supposed to play these games and technologically willed its ability to into existence, there's nothing half-assed about that, it's a technological feat on every level.

There's also absolutely nothing to damage control, it's a random pool of one million users and within this random pool the usage was 1.5%. They could have gotten a completely different pool of one million users and it could have been 25%. You're illogically trying to leverage this percentage is indicative as a whole for the entire platform based upon 3% available data, you're completely excluding the 97% of users not accounted for in this assessment.

The only thing that is embarrassing in this thread are posts such as yours, they exist completely outside of the bounds of logicality, rationality and reason, for a lack of better words they are posts comprised of pure stupidity.

Here's a primer, since you seem to have an issue with not every person being queried. And if the results are skewed, since BC requires you to go online and this study only uses people that went online, it would more likely skew in favor of BC usage relative to the whole.

First off I'd wager that over well over 90% of people who own these modern systems including the PS4 have them connected to the internet, they're almost worthless without an internet connection and a lot of games cannot even be properly played without downloading something. Also this yet again is only surveying a tiny fraction of the user base, furthermore you don't need an internet connection to use backward compatibility, you only need it to download the game to the system.

First off, that's still not 100%, and I'd wager that the people that never go online, don't play Xbox 360 games on their Xbox One. You should also re-read that link and the associated articles to understand that nearly one million out of around 30 million is a pretty robust sample size and many accepted and peer reviewed statistical analysis have even had less. And lastly, that is just what I said. I never said you had to be online every time you use it, but it does require online access at least once for each title.

That's just a loose guess, I said that for margin of error, I'm sure it's actually higher because as I said internet is a near fundamental requirement for system and game operation.

1:179 people on Earth have HIV, you could parse a sample of people millions of times larger and not have a single person in this parsed group with HIV, it's completely flawed methodology for examination. As I said, the group they parsed could be at 1.5% usage, they could have got another group that was 25%, or 18%, or 0.5% etc.

Without knowing what the other 97% of the user base is doing this information is absolutely meaningless, 100% undeniably meaningless.

While possible, with a random sample size of nearly a million for the duration of nearly 5 months, the probability of it not being representative of the larger group is insignificantly small. Statistics generally operate with much smaller sample sizes. This is just plain denial, not an argument.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 tormentos

@loe12k said:

Facts do Matter. Sony got burned... And that dire news piece damaging control for Sony, should be taken down.

Fact do matter by MS numbers 50% of the user base has use xbox 360 BC on xbox one 3 and a half minutes per day...Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The other 50% hasn't even touch it,so i guess the only one burn here are lemmings..

But don't worry you can continue your under pay riding of the xbox brand in hopes of changing the perception of people in forums....hahahahaha

@kvally said:

@loe12k: man MS just wrecked the **** outta these Sony fans lol holy shit.

Hahahahaa Gamespot number 1 troll say so..hahahhahaa

3 and half minutes of gameplay per day in 19 months..Hahahahaaa

So tell me what did you lemmings did in those 3 and a half minutes? Insert the dist let it install and turn off your xbox one in mid install..hahahahaha

@reduc_ab_ said:

Come on, dude. Every member of the lem squad is in here in full damage control mode. You gotta admit, this news has devastated you guys.

9 pages they are really bitter and hurt,with all the lobbying they do for BC and it show they don't even use it,like i say many times this is something so that lemmings can hype something over the PS4..lol

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 kvally

@tormentos said:

@kvally said:

@loe12k: man MS just wrecked the **** outta these Sony fans lol holy shit.

Hahahahaa Gamespot number 1 troll say so..hahahhahaa

Since when did you start posting in the third person, lol. That's cute.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By tormentos

@kvally said:

Poor fella so how were those 3 and a half minutes you played yesterday on your BC xbox one..lol

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#412 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

I certainly won't read through all the posts, as it is likely just people trolling each other. While the usage is low, the question would be has the implementation of BC increased sales of these games? Has the implementation of BC had an influence on console sales? There are soooooo many old games I own on Steam, yet I haven't played 90% of them for more than maybe 5min.

Personally, I don't think I have utilized BC on X1 for more than an hour. That might change now that AC3 is free this month. I guess I feel that the usage won't matter if sales and reputation increase as a result (relative to the cost of implementation that is).

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 kvally

@tormentos said:
@kvally said:

Poor fella so how were those 3 and a half minutes you played yesterday on your BC xbox one..lol

I wasn't playing Xbox yesterday, I was playing Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS4. I was playing FarCry 4 on the Xbox One the day before that though.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos: Dancing the dance el tormented...you're sooo easy. BTW that TV of "yours" seems to be something you'd type on your computer given how small it is. I do not believe for a second it's on your TV unless your thumb is the size of someones foot. It must really suck to have to take pics on someone elses crap to try and prove a point on a gaming forum and yet still failed.

Why hide your gamer tag if you truly own one? It's not like you're forced to accept a friend request. Is it because then we'd know for a fact that you don't play any games? I do believe you're the only person on this site that doesn't actually play games on the system you champion. It would be sad if it wasn't so pathetic.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:

Man, seeing Lems handle this L is like watching a band geek who just got dumped by their first hot girlfriend. Man, here's hoping that Scorpio reveal goes well for them.

How is this even remotely considered a loss? The data is nearly as accurate as you cows pretend. Not to mention name a single person that claimed BC would be used more than playing native X1 games?

I know you're still expecting an apology but give it man, it's never going to happen. Let go of your butthurt cowgenja and move on. It's clouding your judgement and common sense.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 kingtito

@reduc_ab_ said:

Damn. This is....pretty painful to watch actually. There's not catching a break, and then there's this. Lems have been so utterly destroyed this gen. BC was their last possible defense, and now they've lost even that. I don't think I've ever seen so many lemming meltdowns in one thread. This is one for the history books.

Shouldn't you be creating another "I'm butthurt about shitty PSVR sales and anyone that doesn't agree with me is a filthy lem"?

Cows have been absolutely rekt in this thread. This includes the meltdowns from quack which has turned into his defensive gif posting because of said reking

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#417 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@atomolog: if you own the game ( physical or digital ) the game is free for you to download to your X1, if you don't own the game and want it you have to pay.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#418 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

Man, seeing Lems handle this L is like watching a band geek who just got dumped by their first hot girlfriend. Man, here's hoping that Scorpio reveal goes well for them.

How is this even remotely considered a loss? The data is nearly as accurate as you cows pretend. Not to mention name a single person that claimed BC would be used more than playing native X1 games?

I know you're still expecting an apology but give it man, it's never going to happen. Let go of your butthurt cowgenja and move on. It's clouding your judgement and common sense.

Well, as I've mentioned before. I am waiting to see if the Scorpio reveal is also accompanied with new games and renewed interest in exclusives. If it is, hey, I'll get one. My issue is less with MS and more of the yes-men on SW and the bubble they operate. If I was a lem, I could fire back with better thought out and more far-seeing arguments. Sadly, the Lemmings of this board are as much a pre-packaged and shrink wrapped product as the box they worship. There has been so much blow-back from the things ya'll do. I have been honest in pointing out what those things are and what they will be. No one listens. Everyone just falls into their pattern.

I'm torn at this point, and I am speaking from the heart here. Half of me genuinely wants to see MS wreck this E3 like a World Series Grand Slam. I want to need a cigarette after their E3 show whilst scaring my neighbors with how loudly I jam "Return of the Mack" by Marc Morrison on my stereo. I want MS to wake up from this funk and bring back all the great games they started with the original XBox and the 360. I want a new Mistwalker game. I want Stubbs the Zombie 2. I want to laugh and I want to cry, and then I want to be in awe at the majesty of knowing that a 6TFlop console itself could only pale to the beauty of the reawakening that happened at MS to get them back on the ball again. "Unseal the Hushed Casket" as it were, and I know you know I know what I am sayin. You think I hate Microsoft? Hell no, I don't. I'm begging for an excuse to get a Scorpio, Day One, with one of those new VR helmets MS has been showing off too.

Then the other half of me thinks ya'll don't deserve it. Yes, I know that is petty AF. I know there is something sadistic about wanting so many more games to play then realizing that if it happens, ya'll will act like those Palestinians dancing in the streets after 9-11 about it. Yes, half of me would be almost as delighted to watch your whole fanbase crash and burn from the weight of expectations and straight up fanfic we've had to endure ever since the rumor mill stated there was such a thing as an upgraded XBox. Part of me has a 12 foot purple boner for the day that one of those precious multiplats from a chop-shop developer funded by Genericsoft Megapublisher just happens to fall short of 30fps or 4K native. . . only to see your faction cry out for "teh optimizashunz" while the rest of gaming-kind scoffs at you for not challenging MS to actually make more games that would have shown what the system can really do. That all being said, if anyone even gives a shit about the XBox brand by the time that happens.

I guess you could say, I like XBox, but hate the fanbase these days. In the end, I will always like what is best for gaming and gamers. It's just seemed like lately, more and more, I do not see the need for a machine that dangles from the nuts of multiplatform development squeezing the maximum amount of dollars and life out of the industry while simultaneously exerting the bare minimal effort to stay afloat. That is clearly okay with ya'll. You want more of it. We've gone down that road. I have given the Lems of System Wars all the chances in the world to get on the right side of history and almost all of you have failed at every conceivable turn.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By QuadKnight

@tormentos said:

9 pages in such a short time..hahahahaa

Lemmings are really bitter about this news.

My dear lemmings,MS just confirmed that YOU barely play one of the most hyped features (even in broken form) over the PS4.

500 million hours is pathetic and very low,32 hours of 360 gameplay in 19 months of backward compatibility per player is very low and show most of you don't even use that feature at all half the user base barely use it and the other half doesn't even use it at all.

I think it is about time to let this one go,it was destine to be that way the PS3 had more than 5,000 games by backward compatibility including some of the best games ever created day 1,and lemmings simply didn't care and for 3 years claim the PS3 had no games.

So i think it is time to let it go Arstechnica article is right few use the feature and MS own numbers confirm it.

? They claim they aren't upset but they are fully mobilized in here to damage control. 9 pages of pure butthurt and damage control lol. All this time hyping a feature they never use. Very typical of the Xbone this gen, the damn thing is a dust collector and even BC can't save it from mediocrity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#420 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@quadknight said:
@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:

@FastRobby: ? You mean 4th loss in a row. They've been losing every E3 easily since E3 2013. Talk about lemming denial.

Lol, that cow denial

Except it isn't. MS' E3s have been full of cancelled games like FailBound and flops like Quantum Fail since 2013.

Stopped reading there. What does the result of a videogame have to do with how they announced it... The answer is nothing.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@asylumni said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL but they have a good % watching Netflix, other apps (oh I dont know maybe Hulu and others services which are putting dents into network TV) Yeah, you really proved me wrong fella

It's good you saw reason. Though, with your first sentence, I wasn't even going to relate the non-gaming usage to BC usage and infer how much more use the users got from TV and streaming apps compared to BC, thus my elimination of those portions and only looking at the gaming use. I also rounded up.

LOL I don't care who uses what. I use BC. And MS offers it. I appreciate that.

LOL, I'm starting to feel like Richard Smothers...

Loading Video...

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#422  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

So, around 30-40 minutes per week according to MS stats? THAT'S EMBARRASSINGLY LOW .

And Ars was right.

Atomolog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 Atomolog
Member since 2016 • 195 Posts

@raugutcon:

you arent understanding the problem here.

Im talking about free with gold xbox 360 titles that are retricompatible with xbox one.

I see one retrocompatible x360 game for free with gold and cant download it (while xbox one free with gold games only need a click and done) x360 free with gold games will always redirect to choose payment page even if they are on games with gold

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@atomolog: dude, "download" it through X360, don't try from the console, do it through the XBOX site in your PC/iPad/tablet.

Atomolog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 Atomolog
Member since 2016 • 195 Posts

@raugutcon: why do I need to go through all that trouble? why dont they make x360 free with gold games downloadable with 1 click just like xbox one free with gold games?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#426 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69870 Posts

@mowgly1: How much minutes of BC are there for the PS4? ???

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#427  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@Pedro said:

Sorry, busy with Nier Automata and Tekken 7. Probably the vast majority of PS4 userbase are also playing The Surge, Horizon, Wipeout Omega Collection, Dirt 4 and so on.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

How is this thread still going? Goodness.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 kingtito

@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

Sorry, busy with Nier Automata and Tekken 7. Probably the vast majority of PS4 userbase are also playing The Surge, Horizon, Wipeout Omega Collection, Dirt 4 and so on.

Sorry but you're not fooling anyone cow. We all know PS4 owners don't actually play games. Just look at the attach rate of said games. What they will do is go on the internet and bitch about features, features they don't have, on other consoles and they'd rather do that than play. This is a fact so enjoy not having options while everyone else has them in spades.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 QuadKnight

^ ^ LMAO at the butthurt response. KingButthurt is mad someone is using their current gen console to play new games because his Xbone doesn't have shit to play this gen and he has to go digging in last gen to justify owning it.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 kvally

@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

Yeah, I already finished up Nier. Just finished up Gears 4 as well. Gonna start up some Recore and Halo Wars 2 on my Xbox One S and play those along side Horizon Zero Dawn. After that finish up Forza Horizon 3. I struggle with this back log, as I have been just pumping through the games. Took awhile to get Uncharted 4 and The Last Guardian done before that. Hopefully before these games come out I will get some Xbox and PS rest. Thinking about getting Tekken, but will wait for Scorpio for the best performance and graphics on console for that bad boy.

Hard work being a manticore I tell ya.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 kvally

@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

Well, as I've mentioned before. I am waiting to see if the Scorpio reveal is also accompanied with new games and renewed interest in exclusives. If it is, hey, I'll get one. My issue is less with MS and more of the yes-men on SW and the bubble they operate. If I was a lem, I could fire back with better thought out and more far-seeing arguments. Sadly, the Lemmings of this board are as much a pre-packaged and shrink wrapped product as the box they worship. There has been so much blow-back from the things ya'll do. I have been honest in pointing out what those things are and what they will be. No one listens. Everyone just falls into their pattern.

I'm torn at this point, and I am speaking from the heart here. Half of me genuinely wants to see MS wreck this E3 like a World Series Grand Slam. I want to need a cigarette after their E3 show whilst scaring my neighbors with how loudly I jam "Return of the Mack" by Marc Morrison on my stereo. I want MS to wake up from this funk and bring back all the great games they started with the original XBox and the 360. I want a new Mistwalker game. I want Stubbs the Zombie 2. I want to laugh and I want to cry, and then I want to be in awe at the majesty of knowing that a 6TFlop console itself could only pale to the beauty of the reawakening that happened at MS to get them back on the ball again. "Unseal the Hushed Casket" as it were, and I know you know I know what I am sayin. You think I hate Microsoft? Hell no, I don't. I'm begging for an excuse to get a Scorpio, Day One, with one of those new VR helmets MS has been showing off too.

Then the other half of me thinks ya'll don't deserve it. Yes, I know that is petty AF. I know there is something sadistic about wanting so many more games to play then realizing that if it happens, ya'll will act like those Palestinians dancing in the streets after 9-11 about it. Yes, half of me would be almost as delighted to watch your whole fanbase crash and burn from the weight of expectations and straight up fanfic we've had to endure ever since the rumor mill stated there was such a thing as an upgraded XBox. Part of me has a 12 foot purple boner for the day that one of those precious multiplats from a chop-shop developer funded by Genericsoft Megapublisher just happens to fall short of 30fps or 4K native. . . only to see your faction cry out for "teh optimizashunz" while the rest of gaming-kind scoffs at you for not challenging MS to actually make more games that would have shown what the system can really do. That all being said, if anyone even gives a shit about the XBox brand by the time that happens.

I guess you could say, I like XBox, but hate the fanbase these days. In the end, I will always like what is best for gaming and gamers. It's just seemed like lately, more and more, I do not see the need for a machine that dangles from the nuts of multiplatform development squeezing the maximum amount of dollars and life out of the industry while simultaneously exerting the bare minimal effort to stay afloat. That is clearly okay with ya'll. You want more of it. We've gone down that road. I have given the Lems of System Wars all the chances in the world to get on the right side of history and almost all of you have failed at every conceivable turn.

I am looking for new games and new interest in exclusives for PlayStation as well as Xbox. However I am curious, why is it that you hold issue with MS yes men, but when the Sony yes men are rampant, you give them a pass and allow them in their bubble? I mean, I see them making love to their blue cover boxes hear each and every day as well. Hopefully you don't hold double standards.

Aren't you hoping not just MS, but Sony also hits a World Series Grand slam? I mean, Sony's last couple E3's have been dismal. But I am sure they are preparing well for next week. We want the PS4 to get back to the days of the PS2 when it was all about games. Not this focus on stream backwards compatibility and VR shovelware. But good games and not such long times waiting during the year. It would be nice if they spread them through the year instead of just having some in early spring and then a drought for fall and winter.

I would love them to give us an update, if at all possible, that would make our PS Pro's perform better. It's been out quite a while now and it's just not living up to the hype. I am not sure if they can do something in the firmware to over clock the CPU, open up more RAM resources? Anything to make this console a bit more competitive.

We need to rid the rabid PS fanboys and rabid Xbox fanboys of their preconceived notion that there is only one system that you are allowed to play or enjoy. They need to learn to accept that their precious plastic isn't perfect, and they are not on the payroll for these corporate gorillas.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kvally: I haven't seen these dismal E3's you talk about. Heck, two years ago, they announced one of my all-time dream games (Shenmue III) as well as a beloved favorite of mine from the Vita going to PS4 (Gravity Rush 2) and several very buyable games. Last year, they lifted the lid off of a bunch of games I wanted and Ace Combat 7 is an absolute 100% must-have. Hell, one of the reasons I "Jumped In" last gen was for AC6. All in all, Sony has been in very good graces. Ni-Oh, which was actually based off a missing script from one of my favorite film-makers, truly delivered. The Last Guardian was as endearing and classic as it had been billed up to be after the long wait. I finally "get" the Yakuza series with Zero. Horizon was a true AAA escape game. I mean, frankly, you're going to have to do a better job of explaining what your beef is to address it.

As for the rabid Sony Ponies on this forum? You ever seen how most of them will leave me alone to pick my own fights? There's a reason for that. I've taken my swats at them. They also don't trust me to a large degree because I have been saying all along I would buy and support XBox if they get their shit together over at MS. That's like kryptonite to fanboys. The fact I've already gone whole hog on the WiiU and the Switch is writing on the wall for any and all hardcore factions. I buy what I like. I don't buy systems for "street cred" on forums either even if I very damn well can afford to.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

Why not just get a 360 and play those games lol?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#435 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

wow, this thread's becoming a real dumpster fire :-P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By tormentos

@kingtito said:

Shouldn't you be creating another "I'm butthurt about shitty PSVR sales and anyone that doesn't agree with me is a filthy lem"?

Cows have been absolutely rekt in this thread. This includes the meltdowns from quack which has turned into his defensive gif posting because of said reking

Hahahaha total dishonesty is the name of the game for lemmings..hahhahaa

The only things obvious here is that you lemmings are bitter about this,not only arstechnica article prove it with a HUGE ass sample of 1 million,but MS own numbers re confirm it.

In what planet 32 hours of gameplay in 1 year and 7 months it is consider great hell even average by any means?

According to MS own freaking data 50% of the lemmings who use BC have done it for exactly 3 and half minuted per day since it was introduce,and the other 50% hasn't even touch it.

It is clear that the feature is not use 500 million hours is abysmal when you divide the play time between the number of gamers the xbox one has that do use the feature and the time the feature has been out.

You have 2 options here you either admit that BC is not something that most people will even play outside a few minutes,or you go into denial and claim the feature is a success when MS own numbers prove other wise.

There is a reason why MS love to use millions of hours,and shit like that it is to try to make things seen bigger than they are,most people will simply focus on the 500 million hours and not anything else.

Want more proof of how abysmal those numbers are.?

In November 2015 the xbox one got backward compatibility with 360 games,by July 2016 they reach 100 million hours.

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-users-have-spent-over-100-million-hours-playing-backwards-compatible-games-microsoft-says

Basically 100 millions hours in 8 months.

Want another big number? The total player hours on SOCOM II is approaching 94 million hours, or 10,835 years of straight gameplay.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2004/07/30/sony-claims-socom-ii-bragging-rights

This is Socom 2 played hours,like BC it release on November but of 2003 and by July 2004 it had 94 million hours logged.

I bring this comparison because in 8 months BC on xbox one in a user base of probably 20 millions or a little more was getting getting 100 million hours,which is comparable to what Scoom 2 a game that sold like 2 or 3 million copies was getting on the early 2000's when online gameplay on consoles was on its infancy.

2 or 3 million players in socom were logging as much hours in 2003 2004 as BC is on xbox one in the first 8 months on a more than 20 million user base.

Socom 2 numbers back then were HUGE but by today's standards they are mighty weak.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Sony fans you really need to stop damage controlling this. Personally as an Xbox fan and if the shoe was on the other foot I would be pissed.

Do I really use it often? Not really. But I did recently go play South Park Stick of truth, and it was awesome and got it cheap brand new. Also there are games I will occasionally pop in for nostalgia from time to time. It's free! Why bash it?

Microsoft has already came out and stated this survey is out of whack with their internal results, and they do watch. Nice clickbait for Artstechnia though and great damage control for Sony.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Arse technica said gamers are dead. They no longer have any business talking about the industry.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Eh I don't trust it, I saw a massive uptick in most of the games I still play on 360.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I have RDR and Forza Horizon, that's how much I've used it myself.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 tormentos

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Eh I don't trust it, I saw a massive uptick in most of the games I still play on 360.

You don't trust MS either since their numbers prove how sad it is 500 million hours is abysmal.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@tormentos said:
@WilliamRLBaker said:

You don't trust MS either since their numbers prove how sad it is 500 million hours is abysmal.

The reason I'm not playing a 360 game is because I can't even finish what I'm playing before another game is released. Haven't even finished Prey and now I have Morrowind to play. If there wasn't anything new to play I sure would be playing a 360 game!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 tormentos

@rrjim1 said:

The reason I'm not playing a 360 game is because I can't even finish what I'm playing before another game is released. Haven't even finished Prey and now I have Morrowind to play. If there wasn't anything new to play I sure would be playing a 360 game!

Oh really in what universe is that? Because the xbox one has get basically crap this year,most of what is getting is on other platforms so you are either talking about games on PS4 xbox one and PC,or the few and very sparse games that has hit this year the xbox one and PC.

Ok you use Pray so it is confirmed you are talking about games on PS4 as well..lol

Every one has an excuse,the problem is 500 million hours is abysmal in 1 year and 7 months,that is 3.5 minutes of gameplay daily on 50% of the xbox one user base.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@tormentos said:
@rrjim1 said:

Oh really in what universe is that? Because the xbox one has get basically crap this year,most of what is getting is on other platforms so you are either talking about games on PS4 xbox one and PC,or the few and very sparse games that has hit this year the xbox one and PC.

Ok you use Pray so it is confirmed you are talking about games on PS4 as well..lol

Every one has an excuse,the problem is 500 million hours is abysmal in 1 year and 7 months,that is 3.5 minutes of gameplay daily on 50% of the xbox one user base.

That universe is reality where exclusives make a small minority of games...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 tormentos

@waahahah said:

That doesn't change the fact that the xbox one has little to non,even compare to other xbox platforms.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@tormentos said:
@waahahah said:

That doesn't change the fact that the xbox one has little to non,even compare to other xbox platforms.

Exclusives aren't the only games. Compared to PC even ps4 has nearly no games... If this is the measure we want, the only smart way to buy systems would be objectively PC-> any nintendo system -> which ever pc lite system has the most exclusives you want to play

lllll1lll2ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By lllll1lll2ll
Member since 2017 • 107 Posts

The Xbone is supposedly at 30 millions.

30,000,000 * 0.015 = 480,000 users using BC.

I don't know but to me that's a lot of people. Many games don't ever even sell that amount. I believe that a lot of the PS4's continued success is due to Sony also catering to a niche like with Yakuza games and BC is a niche. Imagine PS4 having BC also...

70,000,000 * 0.015 = that would be over a million users using BC.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

Did you guys see the follow up article ?

Correction: Undercounted usage data in our Xbox Unleashed analysis

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/correction-undercounted-usage-data-in-our-xbox-unleashed-analysis/

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 tormentos

@spitfire-six said:

Did you guys see the follow up article ?

Correction: Undercounted usage data in our Xbox Unleashed analysis

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/correction-undercounted-usage-data-in-our-xbox-unleashed-analysis/

Yes and it look like total damage control after MS lawyers got in touch with them..hahahaa

500 million hours = abysmal for 1 year and 7 months.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kvally said:

Oh snap, a Sony fan just rekt themself! LOL. They said nobody plays games on Xbox One and Xbox One has no games. The vast majority of people are playing Xbox One games on the Xbox One, lol. Nothing like a good dosage of REKT UP yo!

LOL at the way lems damage control this.