Are you a fan of Sony's cinematic approach to single player campaigns?

• 118 results
lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@CanYouDiglt: the most watched e3 video on youtube.

and it's not a linear scripted quick time game, go read about it!

The open world is 4-6 times the size of Sunset Overdive.

The game is mostly open world, though there are some cinematic linear segments.

They also note that the web swinging isn't normally QTE based, but that they use QTEs for cinematic moments.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@CanYouDiglt: the most watched e3 video on youtube.

and it's not a linear scripted quick time game, go read about it!

The open world is 4-6 times the size of Sunset Overdive.

The game is mostly open world, though there are some cinematic linear segments.

They also note that the web swinging isn't normally QTE based, but that they use QTEs for cinematic moments.

Hey quick time events is right up there with the average Sony fan's interest. Sony fans at this point demand movies with very little gameplay. So Spider-Man should be right up into their interest. At E3 they showed what they thought was best about the game and it was very little gameplay that was very linear. Like I said going of what they showed about the game it is the same type of game Sony fans brag about so it should fit right in.

I am saying the average person though will not think this is game of the year. It is not the real Spider-Man but the SJW version. It is not really a game but a QTE experience.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 lglz1337

@CanYouDiglt: you are out of your mind, thankfully SW is not the standard in the outside world.

fully cinematic game uncharted 4 10/10.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 CanYouDiglt

@lglz1337 said:

@CanYouDiglt: you are out of your mind, thankfully SW is not the standard in the outside world.

fully cinematic game uncharted 4 10/10.

I would never ever go by this site for review scores. Heck they were caught being paid off. I could go on but the fact they were caught being paid off should be enough.

As far as Uncharted do you really want all your games like that? Uncharted has piss poor combat from enemy types to Ai to general shooting. The only thing people rave about is everything that is not gameplay focused. It is kinda the point of the thread. Sony games focus more on the movie aspect then actually being a game.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By lglz1337

@CanYouDiglt: LMAO

giant bomb 5/5

which means your opinion about cinenatic games doesn't mean much!

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7719 Posts

Depends, TLOU was great, UC4 pretty good, doesn't mean all their first party should be the same, Horizon wasn't and its good.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 CanYouDiglt

@lglz1337 said:

@CanYouDiglt: LMAO

So basically you have nothing

Now I am not talking about all that movie stuff, Do you think actual gameplay for Uncharted is the same level as Halo? Do you think the next God of War gameplay will be the same level as Gears of War? Or how about Days Gone compared to State of Decay?

If you said yes to any of that you know deep down you are lying to yourself. Just watch gameplay for God of War and most of it is a movie being a worse version of The Last of Us. Days gone also looks to be another The Last of Us ripoff.

Look you are a Sony fan so you buy games to watch movies and that is cool. I'm just saying some gamers want to have gameplay.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By lglz1337

@CanYouDiglt: lmao funny how you compare MS games with sony games and acting they are the better games, man su lemming you opinion about cinematic games is not worth my time, your gameplay halo5 got a 8 LAL.l and gears a 7 haha that gameplay is so awesome, so far the cinematic games you mentioned scored betterLOL

ohh and MS has no games.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

See I loved, say, MGS on Playstation because the gameplay was great and unique - the 15 minute cut-scenes were sleep-inducing. I actually appreciate that MGS V has very little in the way of a story. My biggest peeve is when a game has you doing nothing but walking/driving in what is basically an extended cinematic.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110  Edited By koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

It depends. I can't stand cinematic FPS games like CoD (story modes). They are so lame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#111 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

Since when was Ratchet and Clank heavily cinematic?

Even the trashy new one isn't remotely close to a cinematic experience.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 696 Posts

Something that hasn't been discussed on this thread so far is games like Life Is Strange. I have just played the first two episodes, courtesy of PS Plus. I think these offer something different from the likes of Uncharted and TLOU as the latter, like most games, ask you to keep on trying until you do what the game wants you to do. Games like LIS and Until Dawn actually have consequences to your actions - mainly whether a character lives or dies - and the way the games save means you cannot do over.

Having said that I like cinematic games. Ratchet and Clank games are still fun to play.

And besides, every game is actually linear. It is just that some hide it better. For all its open-worldness games like GTA are still driven by you completing a certain set of tasks in a certain way in a certain order to progress. They try and create an illusory non-linear narrative with optional missions, side-quests or events. The main storyline is still linear.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Depends I love a good story in games, so in games like god of war, ratchet and clank etc. it works fine, since they are still filled with good gameplay and the cutscenes are just every once in a whilr... however games like uncharted overdo it imo, there the game parts more feels like mindless fillers between cutscenes....

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

If something cool happens get me a nice angle on it, as for QTE's I'm indifferent.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#115 nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

@zassimick said:

I dunno. I like some of the approaches but enjoy variety. If I only played these games, I'd suffer burnout. But I play an open-world, free game like Breath of the Wild, then I jump to Persona 5 which is incredibly linear, and after that I'll jump more focused on tight gameplay like Dark Souls 3, and after that challenge I'll maybe need something more scripted and linear.

So as long as I have variety and the cinematic games aren't too same-samey, I'm okay with it. Loved The Last of Us, Uncharted, and God of War is looking great.

No_bo_dy_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By No_bo_dy_83
Member since 2017 • 142 Posts

No, i'm fan of the JRPG way of doing a single player game.

Blackout55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Blackout55
Member since 2017 • 43 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@CanYouDiglt: lmao funny how you compare MS games with sony games and acting they are the better games, man su lemming you opinion about cinematic games is not worth my time, your gameplay halo5 got a 8 LAL.l and gears a 7 haha that gameplay is so awesome, so far the cinematic games you mentioned scored betterLOL

ohh and MS has no games.

Halo5 and Gears4, and Sunset Overdrive are better than any Ps4 game by far lmao

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

ohh and MS has no games.

cinematic games are easier on the critics. I don't see crackdown 3 or sea of theives getting 9's because they expect people to play the game and not partake in a game play light movie.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#119 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34792 Posts

Nope. That's why I mostly play Nintendo games.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#120 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

I'm not a fan since i want games to be more games than movies. This generation doesn't seem to know what games are. The New God of War looks terrible, way too cinematic, sripted on rails camera, and an annoying kid. Uncharted was kinda cool but that got old fast, not interested in their new ultra femenist game. Horizon is different, more game than the other 2. Guerrilla Games are the best!