Are PC gamers smart or just very cheap gamers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Second_Hokage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Second_Hokage
Member since 2011 • 1104 Posts
Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.
thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

This is not Fanboy Wars you know. Talk about the games; not the gamers.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts
They´re simply smart and know how to save money.
USS_Data

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 USS_Data
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts

Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.Second_Hokage

Jelly we PC gamers actually get worthwhile deals on games?

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
Stop making threads.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I am about to save up $1,500 to build a new PC. You yell me, am I cheap?
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.Second_Hokage

Oppose to console gamers that like to brag about the cost of their system itself?

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#8 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I am about to save up $1,500 to build a new PC. You yell me, am I cheap?AmazonTreeBoa
PC gaming is too expensive.
Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts
I would say smart, if I could afford to build a good gaming rig I would jump over in a heartbeat. Why the hell would I not want to pay less for games? paying less means that I can get more for my money and that can't be a bad thing.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
PC gaming has a big start up cost, but if you're a smart buyer and look regularly at sales, you can save a lot of money and get a much better experience than consoles. I don't have to wait nearly as long to find good prices for PC than I did wih consoles
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

They're just FPS gamers.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

You sound like EA:lol: Steam is bad it sells games cheap wha wha wha:cry::roll:

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Stop making threads.Silverbond

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.USS_Data

Jelly we PC gamers actually get worthwhile deals on games?

Someone doesnt shop online, get some decent deals on console games if you shop around.Not to mention that little Xbox OD sale not too long ago wasnt bad some nice games for under a fiver which is less than a 20 deck of Malboro Red's these days.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#15 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Is it wrong to save money? You can wait until console games are $20, instead of paying $60 when they first release.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts
they always forget to mention the cost of electricity and internet and the cost of repairs and the cost of an ethernet cable hence pc gaming is more expensive then console
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AmazonTreeBoa
Well after reading your post......No we are not cheap gamers, we are smart gamers.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I am about to save up $1,500 to build a new PC. You yell me, am I cheap?SolidSnake35
PC gaming is too expensive.

If you don't have the money for it, I can see you looking at it that way.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
[QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.free_milk
they always forget to mention the cost of electricity and internet and the cost of repairs and the cost of an ethernet cable hence pc gaming is more expensive then console

Don't forget about the food, you need that if you wanna play on PC otherwise you'll die.
Click_Clock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Click_Clock
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

First off, Amazon sales is MUCH better than Steam sales. Amazon gives better selection of games and cheaper prices. Second, steam sales are selling OLD games for cheap, games that even Jesus Christ himself played. If you like OLD games, go ahead purchase games from Steam sales. Anyways I perfer Amazon for my PC gaming needs and you don't have to use Steam's Heavy DRM program.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 YearoftheSnake5

[QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.free_milk

And consoles run on magic, never break down outside of their warranty, and NEVER require ethernet cables right?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AmazonTreeBoa

Is it wrong to save money? You can wait until console games are $20, instead of paying $60 when they first release.

YearoftheSnake5
That's what i do with my PS3. That and buy used games for even cheaper.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.Click_Clock

First off, Amazon sales is MUCH better than Steam sales. Amazon gives better selection of games and cheaper prices. Second, steam sales are selling OLD games for cheap, games that even Jesus Christ himself played. If you like OLD games, go ahead purchase games from Steam. Anyways I perfer Amazon for my PC gaming needs and you don't have to use Steam's Heavy DRM program.

Are you a variation of LoosingENDS or something? o_O
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="free_milk"][QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.YearoftheSnake5

And consoles run on magic, never break down outside of their warranty, and NEVER require ethernet cables right?

That is correct.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

You mean all those things you have to pay for with a console as well?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

All of your points also can be related to console though, you still need to pay for Internet, Electricity, Repairs (360) and at times Ethernet cable when it comes to consoles.
free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 free_milk
[QUOTE="free_milk"][QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.parkurtommo

Don't forget about the food, you need that if you wanna play on PC otherwise you'll die.

ikr dont forget the pet food for their pets,healthcare,tax,rent,bus fare etc. I never knew pc gaming could be this expensive.
free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 free_milk
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="free_milk"][QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]

[QUOTE="free_milk"][QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.OhJayDubya

All of your points also can be related to console though, you still need to pay for Internet, Electricity, Repairs (360) and at times Ethernet cable when it comes to consoles.

maybe....

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

There is no retail distribution for console games that can distribute games for that cheap in bulk and make a profit. The only way Steam can do it is by pure volume, no transportation costs, no retail fees, no labor, very little overhead. The consoles don't have that kind of distribution.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="free_milk"] they always forget to mention the cost of electricity and internet and the cost of repairs and the cost of an ethernet cable hence pc gaming is more expensive then consolefree_milk

ikr dont forget the pet food for their pets,healthcare,tax,rent,bus fare etc. I never knew pc gaming could be this expensive.

A roof, you don't want that expensive rig getting wet.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 YearoftheSnake5

[QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

[QUOTE="free_milk"] they always forget to mention the cost of electricity and internet and the cost of repairs and the cost of an ethernet cable hence pc gaming is more expensive then consoleparkurtommo

That is correct.

Man, I could have been saving a boatload over the years. I wonder if it's possible to harness the magical force within a console to power my house....might take two or three of them.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

YearoftheSnake5

That is correct.

Man, I could have been saving a boatload over the years. I wonder if it's possible to harness the magical force within a console to power my house....might take two or three of them.

You'll need either 67 360s or 2 ps3s. (The ps3s seem to have more exclusive magic attributes)
free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 free_milk

[QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"] That is correct.parkurtommo

You'll need either 67 360s or 2 ps3s. (The ps3s seem to have more exclusive magic attributes)

You need 1 wii too that thing has a full load of Navi's in it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
[QUOTE="free_milk"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="free_milk"] they always forget to mention the cost of electricity and internet and the cost of repairs and the cost of an ethernet cable hence pc gaming is more expensive then console

maybe....

There is no Maybe about it....Consoles still need Electricity, Internet, Repairs and Ethernet just as much as PC's.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i'm a console/pc gamer and i always find great prices on both platforms. I'm cheap btw

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

They're just FPS gamers.

Bigboi500

PC has more genres than xbox360, and more games in each.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

With that logic of yous then let me say it differently

Are console gamers "dumps" or just very rich gamers??...

Because who on earth with a bit of brain would give 300Euros ( 400$$ at that time ) for a Wii?!!! And who will keep paying 69.99$$ for the same game with way lower quality than counter PC one which been sold at 39.99$$?!

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

[QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.Click_Clock

First off, Amazon sales is MUCH better than Steam sales. Amazon gives better selection of games and cheaper prices. Second, steam sales are selling OLD games for cheap, games that even Jesus Christ himself played. If you like OLD games, go ahead purchase games from Steam sales. Anyways I perfer Amazon for my PC gaming needs and you don't have to use Steam's Heavy DRM program.

EJpSM.jpg

Look at how old these games are! Skyrim? Saint's Row The Third? Dead Island? Those are, like, paleolithic era games!

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 archvile_78

[QUOTE="Click_Clock"]

[QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.princeofshapeir

EJpSM.jpg

Look at how old these games are! Skyrim? Saint's Row The Third? Dead Island? Those are, like, paleolithic era games!

Dude, i TOTALLY remember having a blast playing Skyrim in 1835!

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

[QUOTE="Click_Clock"]First off, Amazon sales is MUCH better than Steam sales. Amazon gives better selection of games and cheaper prices. Second, steam sales are selling OLD games for cheap, games that even Jesus Christ himself played. If you like OLD games, go ahead purchase games from Steam sales. Anyways I perfer Amazon for my PC gaming needs and you don't have to use Steam's Heavy DRM program.

archvile_78

EJpSM.jpg

Dude, i TOTALLY remember having a blast playing Skyrim in 1835!

Do you guys remember Skyrim? That game was so fun! It really set the stage for The Elder Scrolls XII.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

How can someone who stupidly spend £40 over again and again smart?

Therefore PC gamers are smarter. They know how to save money.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 archvile_78

Do you guys remember Skyrim? That game was so fun! It really set the stage for The Elder Scrolls XII.princeofshapeir

Hell yeah, glad to see its down to 50% in price after nearly 200 years.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
I would say smart, if I could afford to build a good gaming rig I would jump over in a heartbeat. Why the hell would I not want to pay less for games? paying less means that I can get more for my money and that can't be a bad thing.OhJayDubya
well after buying dead island for 16$ i' spend the better half of the morning trying to find a fix for an issue with the mouse having horribly different speeds in games vs the menus, teh extra $15 dollars for the xbox version would have been worth it.
USS_Data

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 USS_Data

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]I would say smart, if I could afford to build a good gaming rig I would jump over in a heartbeat. Why the hell would I not want to pay less for games? paying less means that I can get more for my money and that can't be a bad thing.savagetwinkie
well after buying dead island for 16$ i' spend the better half of the morning trying to find a fix for an issue with the mouse having horribly different speeds in games vs the menus, teh extra $15 dollars for the xbox version would have been worth it.

That is a problem on your end Dead Island works fine with me with no problems whatsover so no the extra money for the console version is not worth it.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]I would say smart, if I could afford to build a good gaming rig I would jump over in a heartbeat. Why the hell would I not want to pay less for games? paying less means that I can get more for my money and that can't be a bad thing.savagetwinkie

You think spending "half the morning", which is about three hours, is worth $15? Nice money management. Does mommy buy you your video games?
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]I would say smart, if I could afford to build a good gaming rig I would jump over in a heartbeat. Why the hell would I not want to pay less for games? paying less means that I can get more for my money and that can't be a bad thing.princeofshapeir

You think spending "half the morning", which is about three hours, is worth $15? Nice money management. Does mommy buy you your video games?

i never got it fixed, i just went and played something else now i just wasted $16 on a steam sale

edit: my point is $15 is a measly amount of money and I'd gladly pay extra for a version that works probably, its like like 10 mins worth of work for me any way.

USS_Data

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 USS_Data

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="savagetwinkie"] well after buying dead island for 16$ i' spend the better half of the morning trying to find a fix for an issue with the mouse having horribly different speeds in games vs the menus, teh extra $15 dollars for the xbox version would have been worth it.savagetwinkie

i never got it fixed, i just went and played something else now i just wasted $16 on a steam sale

edit: my point is $15 is a measly amount of money and I'd gladly pay extra for a version that works probably, its like like 10 mins worth of work for me any way.

Dead Island works just fine maybe you should learn to maintain your pc.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] You think spending "half the morning", which is about three hours, is worth $15? Nice money management. Does mommy buy you your video games?USS_Data

Dead Island works just fine maybe you should learn to maintain your pc.

i know how to maintain my pc, a lot of people are having this problem, this is because dev's dont' know how to code properly for different types of mice. This is why PC gaming can be such a hassle, idiots... blame users for platform and hardware specific issues, no there couldn't possible be an issue on the pc/developers end of things.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#49 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

And console gamers always boast about how cheap their consoles are? Gamers in general are cheap then?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Sorry but one game not working hardly nulls the point that PC gaming allows you to get more for your money.