Are PC gamers smart or just very cheap gamers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="Richytheman"] It's too bad that it took the video game crash of 1983 to finally put PC gaming on the map. :) Look at what came first, and look at what has held its own ever since, and consistently. Richytheman
that's nice..what does that have to do with whats happening right now?

The fact that if the console industry had not collapsed and opened a pathway to your alternative method to gaming, then PC gaming would never have came to fruition. And even though that it now has, the scene is nothing more than a disorganized, unpolished, jangled-up mess. Think of the gaming industry similar to the music industry. You have the talented, polished, remarkable popular acts that continue to remain on top (console gaming) and then you have all the greasy, long-haired, crappy indie bands that record with low fidelity technology, sound like sh!t, and haven't been able to get a major record label to sign them (PC gaming). I think my comparison makes things pretty obvious. PC gaming will always be the shadow of what console gaming does. I don't think Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft exactly cut it as valid examples of why PC gaming is so good, because no matter the limited amount of games and franchises that make the PC gaming scene worthwhile, the console games always have more. You have Mario. Sonic. Street Fighter. Pac-Man. Mortal Kombat. Halo. Gears of War. and more.

Except PC has the most high rated exclusives this gen, and the most games/genres

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Richytheman"][QUOTE="lawlessx"] that's nice..what does that have to do with whats happening right now?lostrib

The fact that if the console industry had not collapsed and opened a pathway to your alternative method to gaming, then PC gaming would never have came to fruition. And even though that it now has, the scene is nothing more than a disorganized, unpolished, jangled-up mess. Think of the gaming industry similar to the music industry. You have the talented, polished, remarkable popular acts that continue to remain on top (console gaming) and then you have all the greasy, long-haired, crappy indie bands that record with low fidelity technology, sound like sh!t, and haven't been able to get a major record label to sign them (PC gaming). I think my comparison makes things pretty obvious. PC gaming will always be the shadow of what console gaming does. I don't think Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft exactly cut it as valid examples of why PC gaming is so good, because no matter the limited amount of games and franchises that make the PC gaming scene worthwhile, the console games always have more. You have Mario. Sonic. Street Fighter. Pac-Man. Mortal Kombat. Halo. Gears of War. and more.

Except PC has the most high rated exclusives this gen, and the most games/genres

don't bother..i smell a troll with this one.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#104 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

The fact that those games are successful is actually a good thing, it's a good thing for games to be very successful. That's why the other side has its high place in gaming. Richytheman

mSU7M.png

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Richytheman"] The fact that if the console industry had not collapsed and opened a pathway to your alternative method to gaming, then PC gaming would never have came to fruition. And even though that it now has, the scene is nothing more than a disorganized, unpolished, jangled-up mess. Think of the gaming industry similar to the music industry. You have the talented, polished, remarkable popular acts that continue to remain on top (console gaming) and then you have all the greasy, long-haired, crappy indie bands that record with low fidelity technology, sound like sh!t, and haven't been able to get a major record label to sign them (PC gaming). I think my comparison makes things pretty obvious. PC gaming will always be the shadow of what console gaming does. I don't think Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft exactly cut it as valid examples of why PC gaming is so good, because no matter the limited amount of games and franchises that make the PC gaming scene worthwhile, the console games always have more. You have Mario. Sonic. Street Fighter. Pac-Man. Mortal Kombat. Halo. Gears of War. and more. lawlessx

don't bother..i smell a troll with this one.

At first when he was getting upset I was hoping it was Lupin, but now it just seems like a trolling alt

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
$30,000 on a gaming pc, or $300 on a console that will be supported for 5+ years?
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

PC gaming is expensive. And saving money is not cheap. It's smart.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

BONK!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] don't bother..i smell a troll with this one.Richytheman

At first when he was getting upset I was hoping it was Lupin, but now it just seems like a trolling alt

See? How on earth am I trolling? Because I have a different opinion than you do? I love your assumption by the way. And for the record, I'm not Lupin. I've been reading these forums for a little while before I signed up and I saw some of his posts. The guy's a freak from hell. At least I actually have a reason for being mad. As for him, all he seemed to do was make rude statements just for the sake of being rude and acting tough online. I can very well assure you guys that I'm not like that at all in real life. I really am a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy. And when people challenge that, I throw down. That's just how I am. I just do NOT like people judging me over silly sh!t, and I really can't stand immature people. Unfortunately, I really am learning quickly that this place is full to the brim with them.

Oookay, go ahead and add that to your dating profile.

You're trolling because you're just spouting useless nonsense without anything resembling facts

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="Richytheman"]The fact that those games are successful is actually a good thing, it's a good thing for games to be very successful. That's why the other side has its high place in gaming. princeofshapeir

mSU7M.png

He's the troll we deserve, but not the troll we need now.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I'm a cheap gamer in general. I've yet to pay over 40 for any game this gen, be it Steam, consoles, handheld and I have no intention of ever paying over 40 for a game.

You know if PS3 had those kinds of sales you'd be all over that ish

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

$30,000 on a gaming pc, or $300 on a console that will be supported for 5+ years?Heirren

I'd hardly consider the Wii and 360 supported consoles at this point, at least not on the exclusive front.

Only a matter of time before the PS3 dwindles (which seems sooner rather than later according to this year)

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Saving money = cheap? Sad world we live in then...

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Richytheman"] Would you mind fvcking telling me what the FVCK, is so wrong about my post? Because what you guys are saying is really not helping your cases. PC "gamers" - 0, Real gamers - 1. :)Richytheman

define a "Real gamer" for me please

I can't because it's a definition that doesn't have a solid representation, my comment really had no meaning. I'm just simply using that as a euphemism for my displeasure of PC gamers. Say what you want, I think PC gamers are the cancer of the video game industry. Nothing but elitist pricks that like screwing over game developers and preaching in a "higher than thou" fashion to other people, telling them what they should like. My god, they're even worse than Sony fanboys...

Ok, what you're referring to are the fanboys of the userbase which is not a fair assumption of the userbase as a whole. All platforms have people like this but only if you have a dislike of the system itself or some other reason will you start to dislike the people on it. You will notice their posting patterns more and find negativity in them, but some one who is unbiased will see them as just some simple comments (unless it's complete fanboy BS), You obviously have seen this behavious somewhere and hated it and now see it in every little detail of PC gamer's posts.

What you've described has no impact on the industry as a whole and devs will continue to make games as they always have regardless of how PC gamers view themselves, all you have is a personal gripe against them. Someone saying they have superior hardware or better versions of games doesn't change the console industry even a tiny bit. If anything the emergent powerhouse hardware this year on PC (new GPUs) has accelerated the race for new consoles to arrive to keep up.

*shrugs* All fanboys are idiots but every system has them. PS3 and 360 gamers can be just as bad if not worse at times gathering around for circle jerk sessions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Saving money = cheap? Sad world we live in then...

wis3boi

Somehow spending a lot on a rig and saving money on games is different than spending less on a console but spending more for games :?

That's some god awful logic. Also would you people call someone saving money on a car or house cheap? no, you would call them bloody smart. This thread is just a jealousy session due to the steam sale and the green eyed monster is possessing people. There have been numerous troll attempts and jealousy admissions in the post your purchase thread by console gamers already.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#118 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Look at how consolites certainly suddenly do admit that PC gaming is cheaper on the long run when they can use it in an argument. A very bad one at that.

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts
I disagree. I'm a big PC gamer, but used games sales on console make up for any deals we get on PC. I say both parties are pretty cheap.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

I guess that we should also round up all the console gamers who buys games at sales, buys used games or wait for the price to drop as well :roll:.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] don't bother..i smell a troll with this one.Richytheman

See? How on earth am I trolling? Because I have a different opinion than you do? I love your assumption by the way. And for the record, I'm not Lupin. I've been reading these forums for a little while before I signed up and I saw some of his posts. The guy's a freak from hell. At least I actually have a reason for being mad. As for him, all he seemed to do was make rude statements just for the sake of being rude and acting tough online. I can very well assure you guys that I'm not like that at all in real life. I really am a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy. And when people challenge that, I throw down. That's just how I am. I just do NOT like people judging me over silly sh!t, and I really can't stand immature people. Unfortunately, I really am learning quickly that this place is full to the brim with them.

I like your posting style,you have potential to become an SW legend :lol:

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I really can't stand immature peopleRichytheman
You should pause for a second and read what you type some time.
Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts
See? How on earth am I trolling? Because I have a different opinion than you do? I love your assumption by the way. And for the record, I'm not Lupin. I've been reading these forums for a little while before I signed up and I saw some of his posts. The guy's a freak from hell. At least I actually have a reason for being mad. As for him, all he seemed to do was make rude statements just for the sake of being rude and acting tough online. I can very well assure you guys that I'm not like that at all in real life. I really am a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy. And when people challenge that, I throw down. That's just how I am. I just do NOT like people judging me over silly sh!t, and I really can't stand immature people. Unfortunately, I really am learning quickly that this place is full to the brim with them.Richytheman
Think you need to get some cream or plasters for all that butt-hurt you are experiencing, judging by the fact that you blow up and cry whenever someone gets to you shows that you are not cut out for System Wars. It's okay to admit, some people are just not cut out for this place, maybe you can wait until you grow a pair and then try again later on.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
PC gaming has a big start up cost, but if you're a smart buyer and look regularly at sales, you can save a lot of money and get a much better experience than consoles. I don't have to wait nearly as long to find good prices for PC than I did wih consoles BPoole96
Yep.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="Richytheman"]See? How on earth am I trolling? Because I have a different opinion than you do? I love your assumption by the way. And for the record, I'm not Lupin. I've been reading these forums for a little while before I signed up and I saw some of his posts. The guy's a freak from hell. At least I actually have a reason for being mad. As for him, all he seemed to do was make rude statements just for the sake of being rude and acting tough online. I can very well assure you guys that I'm not like that at all in real life. I really am a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy. And when people challenge that, I throw down. That's just how I am. I just do NOT like people judging me over silly sh!t, and I really can't stand immature people. Unfortunately, I really am learning quickly that this place is full to the brim with them.Richytheman
Think you need to get some cream or plasters for all that butt-hurt you are experiencing, judging by the fact that you blow up and cry whenever someone gets to you shows that you are not cut out for System Wars. It's okay to admit, some people are just not cut out for this place, maybe you can wait until you grow a pair and then try again later on.

I am tougher than that. Of course you can go on a limb and assume the worst of me, that I AM weak and that I AM defenseless. After all, I'm 56 years old and way past my prime, I've definitely had better times in my life. But I can assure you, I really am not a wimp and if I met you and you fvcked with me, I would really tear you a new one.

YAWN! You finished? You seem to be under the illusion that your internet tough guy images is scaring me but in reality I'm just laughing at how pitiful you are. You think I really give a rats ass if you are a 56 year old man who is way past his prime? you go on like you are 8 year old who just has balloon burst, for a 56 year old man you don't half act like a little child. Seeing as you need validate how much of a tough guy you are, I can guarantee that you will not last here in System Wars because people are just going to troll the hell out of you so they can see your butt-hurt response. You want to flex over the internet and tell everyone how strong and tough you are? go join a Body Building Forum. Until then grow a pair and stop acting like a little princess who has just had her crown taken from her.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 princeofshapeir
56 year old man? Troll confirmed.
Avatar image for jokeisgames2012
jokeisgames2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 jokeisgames2012
Member since 2012 • 162 Posts
Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.Second_Hokage
real pc gamers preorder games like i did for doom3 in 2004.
GLaDoSxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 GLaDoSxxx
Member since 2012 • 181 Posts

Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.Second_Hokage

But we pay thousands for our game systems. How is that cheap?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="Richytheman"]See? How on earth am I trolling? Because I have a different opinion than you do? I love your assumption by the way. And for the record, I'm not Lupin. I've been reading these forums for a little while before I signed up and I saw some of his posts. The guy's a freak from hell. At least I actually have a reason for being mad. As for him, all he seemed to do was make rude statements just for the sake of being rude and acting tough online. I can very well assure you guys that I'm not like that at all in real life. I really am a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy. And when people challenge that, I throw down. That's just how I am. I just do NOT like people judging me over silly sh!t, and I really can't stand immature people. Unfortunately, I really am learning quickly that this place is full to the brim with them.Richytheman

I am tougher than that. Of course you can go on a limb and assume the worst of me, that I AM weak and that I AM defenseless. After all, I'm 56 years old and way past my prime, I've definitely had better times in my life. But I can assure you, I really am not a wimp and if I met you and you fvcked with me, I would really tear you a new one.

Wait what??? :? you're 56??? Are you fvcking serious? Good God man act your fvcking age and stop trolling on a damn videogame forum. If I am doing this when i'm 56 i'll jump off a bridge.

And people need to stop banging their chests around here like damn apes. It's a forum people calm down with the instigations. No one cares how tough you are or are not, you shouldn't care what people on a forum think so much.

GLaDoSxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 GLaDoSxxx

[QUOTE="Richytheman"][QUOTE="OhJayDubya"] Think you need to get some cream or plasters for all that butt-hurt you are experiencing, judging by the fact that you blow up and cry whenever someone gets to you shows that you are not cut out for System Wars. It's okay to admit, some people are just not cut out for this place, maybe you can wait until you grow a pair and then try again later on.seanmcloughlin

Wait what??? :? you're 56??? Are you fvcking serious? Good God man act your fvcking age and stop trolling on a damn videogame forum. If I am doing this when i'm 56 i'll jump off a bridge.

And people need to stop banging their chests around here like damn apes. It's a forum people calm down with the instigations. No one cares how tough you are or are not, you shouldn't care what people on a forum think so much.

Why do idiots like you still think that gaming and internet usage is linked by age? I'm 43 and will be gaming and posting on this site till the day I die.

BTW, I have a career, two kids a wife and probably a whole hell of a lot more money than you ever will. So stop assuming on teh internets. Tard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.GLaDoSxxx

It's stupid, one day we're elitists bragging about how much we pay on our systems and the next we're apparently cheapskates. Like I said before consolites are no different. We pay a lot for the system and less for the games, console gamers spend less for the system and lots on the games.

Also console gamers try to save money with second hand games and trade ins yet they see themselves as exempt from this "Cheap" image. I may be a PC gamer but I know when i', wrong, hypocritical, or just stupid. Console gamers seem to not know anything like this

GLaDoSxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 GLaDoSxxx

[QUOTE="GLaDoSxxx"]

[QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.seanmcloughlin

It's stupid, one day we're elitists bragging about how much we pay on our systems and the next we're apparently cheapskates. Like I said before consolites are no different. We pay a lot for the system and less for the games, console gamers spend less for the system and lots on the games.

Also console gamers try to save money with second hand games and trade ins yet they see themselves as exempt from this "Cheap" image. I may be a PC gamer but I know when i', wrong, hypocritical, or just stupid. Console gamers seem to not know anything like this

It's either stupid, or you're just poor. I have liquid assets to spare, so why not pay for a great gaming machine?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Richytheman"] I am tougher than that. Of course you can go on a limb and assume the worst of me, that I AM weak and that I AM defenseless. After all, I'm 56 years old and way past my prime, I've definitely had better times in my life. But I can assure you, I really am not a wimp and if I met you and you fvcked with me, I would really tear you a new one. GLaDoSxxx

Why do idiots like you still think that gaming and internet usage is linked by age? I'm 43 and will be gaming and posting on this site till the day I die.

BTW, I have a career, two kids a wife and probably a whole hell of a lot more money than you ever will. So stop assuming on teh internets. Tard.

There is a difference between what he does and what you do. He's trolling like a 12 year old, you're not. When I said if im doing this at 56 I meant "this" as in his trolling referring to his post, should have made it more clear. It's fine if you're 56 and posting properly and legitimately.

No need for the insults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="Richytheman"] I am tougher than that. Of course you can go on a limb and assume the worst of me, that I AM weak and that I AM defenseless. After all, I'm 56 years old and way past my prime, I've definitely had better times in my life. But I can assure you, I really am not a wimp and if I met you and you fvcked with me, I would really tear you a new one. Richytheman
YAWN! You finished? You seem to be under the illusion that your internet tough guy images is scaring me but in reality I'm just laughing at how pitiful you are. You think I really give a rats ass if you are a 56 year old man who is way past his prime? you go on like you are 8 year old who just has balloon burst, for a 56 year old man you don't half act like a little child. Seeing as you need validate how much of a tough guy you are, I can guarantee that you will not last here in System Wars because people are just going to troll the hell out of you so they can see your butt-hurt response. You want to flex over the internet and tell everyone how strong and tough you are? go join a Body Building Forum. Until then grow a pair and stop acting like a little princess who has just had her crown taken from her.

I'm not bragging or acting "butthurt". It's called "defending myself", for your information. Have you never been in a position where hostility is surrounding you on all sides and the only thing to do is justify yourself and stand up for yourself against others? That's the position I am in right now. I come on here, I try to have a mature, intelligent discussion, and you jackasses would rather laugh, point fingers and make fun of me instead of trying to get to know me. You guys also judge me and pretend to know my motives for coming here, when in fact, you are all young little punks that don't know sh!t. Don't worry. Soon, you'll grow to be my age. I can only hope you guys will change when you are older and learn a thing or two, but given the general hopelessness of the younger generation, that seems highly unlikely. So you don't give a rat's ass when all I want to do is share a little information about myself and introduce myself a little bit, but yet you little fvckheads can sit here all day and argue about games and consoles, preaching with a "higher than thou" attitude saying how PC gaming is the greatest thing since sliced bread? That makes so much sense. Please, all I'm asking from you....just be a little more fvcking mature.

Me be mature? You are the one throwing your toys about because you got called a troll. You need to get off your high horse and realise that no one gives a crap about your feelings. This is the internet, if you can't take someone calling you names over the internet then you really need to sort yourself out.

You came to a internet gaming forum, and went in to System Wars which is full of trolls and idiots and expected intellegent and mature discussion? Then you are the fool for thinking that. Instead of getting all anal because someone called you a troll just shrug it off and move on instead of acting like a emotional teenager who's favourite band went mainstream.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="GLaDoSxxx"]

GLaDoSxxx

It's either stupid, or you're just poor. I have liquid assets to spare, so why not pay for a great gaming machine?

That's what I said in another thread, PC gaming is only expeniseve if A) you have no money or B) you can't justify the price. For me I feel totally justified in the money I have put into my system and don't feel it was a waste of money but I am constantly told that it was.

I still fail to see how console gamers can call PC gamers cheap when the consoles were made for that very reason. Cheap and convenient. If anything it's the other way round

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#139 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

haha, someone is jealous!!!

Last year we grabbed my cousin some games during a steam sale... 15$ on pc... would have been over 190$ to get those games on console at the time :lol:

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

I disagree. I'm a big PC gamer, but used games sales on console make up for any deals we get on PC. I say both parties are pretty cheap.FPSfan1985

It's people like you who are killing the console market by purchasing used games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

[QUOTE="FPSfan1985"]I disagree. I'm a big PC gamer, but used games sales on console make up for any deals we get on PC. I say both parties are pretty cheap.slimjimbadboy

It's people like you who are killing the console market by purchasing used games.

Well if console games were cheaper, people would not need to buy games used.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

[QUOTE="FPSfan1985"]I disagree. I'm a big PC gamer, but used games sales on console make up for any deals we get on PC. I say both parties are pretty cheap.OhJayDubya

AC Revelations is still $60, and it's on sale on Steam for $13.59 right now... This is why you buy used.
EMT0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 EMT0
Member since 2012 • 73 Posts

To answer the OP, yes, we get insane deals. I've been a PC gamer for all of 3 weeks and my library is sitting at 80 GOOD games, 95% of these, I did not own before I bought a gaming PC. The cost? About 200$, tops.

Amongst these titles are Fallout, Skyrim, Portal, L4D2, Half Life, Dragon Age, Deus Ex: HR, Bioshock series, Assassin's Creed, The Witcher, and many other games. I'd say my entry cost of 1.1k was worth it.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#144 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I spend about 1/4th of my money on games.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#145 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

To answer the OP, yes, we get insane deals. I've been a PC gamer for all of 3 weeks and my library is sitting at 80 GOOD games, 95% of these, I did not own before I bought a gaming PC. The cost? About 200$, tops.

Amongst these titles are Fallout, Skyrim, Portal, L4D2, Half Life, Dragon Age, Deus Ex: HR, Bioshock series, Assassin's Creed, The Witcher, and many other games. I'd say my entry cost of 1.1k was worth it.

EMT0
If u actually complete all the games, that's what I find tricky. It's not $/game that's relevant. It's $/quality hour.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 lostrib

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

princeofshapeir

AC Revelations is still $60, and it's on sale on Steam for $13.59 right now... This is why you buy used.

Unfortunately even used it's still about $38, the rules of retail. Of course steam sales aren't constant, but between Amazon, steam, and all the other DD services there are usually plenty of games on sale.

EMT0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 EMT0
Member since 2012 • 73 Posts

[QUOTE="EMT0"]

Sushiglutton

If u actually complete all the games, that's what I find tricky. It's not $/game that's relevant. It's $/quality hour.

Without a doubt, but that ratio is even more exponential in terms of PC games. I bought a great game that's on a console - for half the price, so the $/quality hour would be double a console's.

Not to say I'm an elitist, not at all. And I also get what you're getting at, all those games I bought was just me playing catch-up in terms of my library. I honestly doubt I'll ever finish all those games, but I can certainly dent it and feel satisfied with all of my purchases being money well spent.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

[QUOTE="Second_Hokage"]Seems like all PC gamers like to do is brag about how much cheaper games are on PC. All they seem to do is wait for steam sales.slimjimbadboy

Oppose to console gamers that like to brag about the cost of their system itself?

This. Console gamers brag about how cheap their consoles are. Console gamers must be even cheaper.
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#149 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
Stop making threads.Silverbond