Apple loses spot as world's most valuable public company to Microsoft...Xbox is money...

• 103 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/30/microsoft-apple-end-trading-market-cap.html

Oh..................and Xbox has 56 million Gold Subscribers

Catch us if you can....just gonna take forever cause you have to get in back of the line...

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Yeah... ...most tech companies have been in decline in recent times, including Microsoft. The only difference is Microsoft's decline hasn't been as severe as Apple's, which is driven by declining iPhone sales. Meanwhile, Microsoft's resilience has been more to do with their successes in cloud platforms, namely Azure and Office 365. Sure, Xbox Live is also looking healthier, but that's a proportionally less significant part of equation than their cloud computing business.

Just putting things into perspective here, not everything is about the Xbox.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

yeah i'm sure its cause of xbox and not stuff like windows/ cloud computing/ net services

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Dumb thread is dumb.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

This is what gets lemmings off, not games, but MS profits.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

@zappat said:

That's rich coming from you. How many times have we all seen cows spout "Income doesn't matter. Profits are all that matters." in a thread regarding any of MS's earnings calls.

Sales, profits, units sold, and npd reports are all that gets cows off.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#7 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Where in the article does it mention Xbox? I'm so sick and tired of pathetic fanboys misinterpreting information so that they can paint a pleasant picture for THEM, so much god damn fake news happening...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

Cows be like:

@saltslasher said:

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 babyjoker1221

@Dark_sageX: While the article doesn't directly go into detail about xbox, and the OP is a bit hyperbolic... This is indeed a pleasant picture for Xbox it seems. If you take this news in conjunction along with Nadellas comments yesterday to shareholders... There's nothing "fake" about it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

Now if only they can surpass Sony in console sales. ??

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@babyjoker1221: Cows get off on sales and scores, just mention Metashitc and cows be like

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zappat

@babyjoker1221 said:
@zappat said:

That's rich coming from you. How many times have we all seen cows spout "Income doesn't matter. Profits are all that matters." in a thread regarding any of MS's earnings calls.

Sales, profits, units sold, and npd reports are all that gets cows off.

Units sold and a profitable gaming division translates into more support. Sony already delivers great games. On the contrary MS hasn't delivered shit this gen and fanboys are here rooting for the company as a whole making a profit. Lemmings are pathetic.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@zappat: "This is what gets lemmings off, not games, but MS profits."

Is that why Cows talk incessantly about console sales?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sealionact

@Dark_sageX: "Where in the article does it mention Xbox? I'm so sick and tired of pathetic fanboys misinterpreting information so that they can paint a pleasant picture for THEM, so much god damn fake news happening..."

Bing translation; "Why don't you just DIE Micro$oft?"

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zappat

@sealionact said:

Console sales translate into more gaming support so it improves the quality of the gaming experience for cows. You don't see cows rooting for Sony's profits on their camera division. Lemmings are so fanatical on MS that they forget about gaming, they have become basically corporate fanboys.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By babyjoker1221

@zappat said:
@sealionact said:

Console sales translate into more gaming support so it improves the quality of the gaming experience for cows. You don't see cows rooting for Sony's profits on their camera division. Lemmings are so fanatical on MS that they forget about gaming, they have become basically corporate fanboys.

Probably because there ain't much to root for outside of consoles as far as Sony goes. MS as a whole is investing heavily into gaming. Seeing MS healthy as a company reinforces that they will continue to do so.

The article is about market cap anyway. Lemmings get off on profits, but you were the first one here to mention them.

Perhaps if Sony's market cap was in the same stratosphere as MS's, you wouldn't be so butthurt... but it's not.... so you are.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zappat

@babyjoker1221: and why would a gaming fan root for anything but gaming. This is what you lemmings don't get, gamers are not here to root for Sony, they root for games. Lemmings on the other hand seem to care only about MS and games seem to be an afterthought. No wonder you got the Name lemmings. Saddest fanboys ever in gaming.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

They may have money, but do they have good games?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sealionact

@zappat: Of course xbox owners take a glance at ms finances. You better believe that if financial results were poor, ms wouldn't have invested as heavily in Xbox as they have. What was the last count? 5 software houses bought?

Cows bleat on about ps4 sales every single day. Lems? Think this is the first thread about ms the company in ages.

I'm honestly delighted that xbox are not the market leader. It means that they have to battle to keep customers happy, and offer features and offers and do more to convince, and by in large they've done that.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

They may have money, but do they have good games?

Dumb question only a Cow would ask, and to answer it, yes!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@babyjoker1221: Cows get off on sales and scores, just mention Metashitc and cows be like

I was just gonna do a a cow stampede post about the Gold Subscribers, but when I looked up Xbox news for an article to post it from, like always, there is always new better news. I love any Microsoft news cause I have tons of their products, but of course, no one can post anything good news remotely about Xbox cause it isn't fair for Cows, cause you know, they like to make the rules and set narratives, and MS fans aren't allowed to decide what success is, cause we know nothing about success, how can we, we like Xbox.

Of course more Cow logic, "Microsoft isn't doing great, its everyone else doing bad". And of course anyone can be the most valuable public company, and anyone could do it even if their gaming division is holding them back, cause Xbox doesn't have world wide sales and precious exclusives that media loves, so there is no way Xbox could be helping Microsoft.

Cow Logic:
Xbox is too weak that if it died MS wouldn't notice and no one would care.

What a Cow would say if their self esteem didn't solely rely on Sony being cool/special/better:
MS is so strong that if Xbox died they wouldn't notice.

Real Logic:
MS is doing so damn good, that its making Xbox so damn good. And the more Xbox does damn good, the more MS does damn good. Cause being the best of the best, means weakest links are still better than others strongest links. Xbox = Money.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

You think Xbox is the reason? lmao It's because there rumblings that the new iPhones aren't selling to expectations.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

I own both xbox one x and ps4 pro psvr switch 3ds vita.

I believe gamers should be happy that gaming companies are doing well. the problem is fanboys spreading hate against the machine they didnt buy (because lets be realistic here.. most people cant afford more than one console per generation and tend to overjustify their purchage.

I believe same is true about pc. Some people invested hard earned coin on a gaming pc so they also feel the need to attack consoles.

But heres the truth: right now all machines out there (plastic boxes if you please) are very well balanced price/performance and in my opinion if you have 1 of those plastic boxes you will enjoy a lot if you are a gamer.

Just stop useless wars

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts
@madrocketeer said:

Yeah... ...most tech companies have been in decline in recent times, including Microsoft. The only difference is Microsoft's decline hasn't been as severe as Apple's, which is driven by declining iPhone sales. Meanwhile, Microsoft's resilience has been more to do with their successes in cloud platforms, namely Azure and Office 365. Sure, Xbox Live is also looking healthier, but that's a proportionally less significant part of equation than their cloud computing business.

Yup, and the funny thing is their azure cloud service runs on Linux now for a large part, so they don't even make money off of their own products any more. You have to see the funny side of that considering what their stance on open source was.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#25  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

Microsoft is huge because of PC, Windows, Office, cloud, etc. Xbox contributes very little to their bottom line. Even if Microsoft sold off Xbox, it wouldn't make much difference to them.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@babyjoker1221: Do you fall for this MS bs ever gen or is this a first for you?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#27 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I really don't care but any news that is somewhat negative towards Apple is good news. Add to that some cow tears and even if it's not true it's totally worth it.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@saltslasher said:
@i_p_daily said:

I was just gonna do a a cow stampede post about the Gold Subscribers, but when I looked up Xbox news for an article to post it from, like always, there is always new better news. I love any Microsoft news cause I have tons of their products, but of course, no one can post anything good news remotely about Xbox cause it isn't fair for Cows, cause you know, they like to make the rules and set narratives, and MS fans aren't allowed to decide what success is, cause we know nothing about success, how can we, we like Xbox.

Of course more Cow logic, "Microsoft isn't doing great, its everyone else doing bad". And of course anyone can be the most valuable public company, and anyone could do it even if their gaming division is holding them back, cause Xbox doesn't have world wide sales and precious exclusives that media loves, so there is no way Xbox could be helping Microsoft.

Cow Logic:

Xbox is too weak that if it died MS wouldn't notice and no one would care.

What a Cow would say if their self esteem didn't solely rely on Sony being cool/special/better:

MS is so strong that if Xbox died they wouldn't notice.

Real Logic:

MS is doing so damn good, that its making Xbox so damn good. And the more Xbox does damn good, the more MS does damn good. Cause being the best of the best, means weakest links are still better than others strongest links. Xbox = Money.

You make Sony fans sound like extremist feminists, lol.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zappat

@sealionact said:

@zappat: Of course xbox owners take a glance at ms finances. You better believe that if financial results were poor, ms wouldn't have invested as heavily in Xbox as they have. What was the last count? 5 software houses bought?

Cows bleat on about ps4 sales every single day. Lems? Think this is the first thread about ms the company in ages.

I'm honestly delighted that xbox are not the market leader. It means that they have to battle to keep customers happy, and offer features and offers and do more to convince, and by in large they've done that.

Lol Sony is leading and has had a steady pace of some of the best exclusives ever while MS has released nothing but crap. Again, you lemmings seem to have gaming as an afterthought and corporate MS as your true love.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#30  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts
@ten_pints said:

Yup, and the funny thing is their azure cloud service runs on Linux now for a large part, so they don't even make money off of their own products any more. You have to see the funny side of that considering what their stance on open source was.

Yeah, it's crazy. If you would have told me four years ago that Microsoft would open-source .NET, port Bash to Windows, and host projects on GitHub, which they would go on and buy and most people would be okay with it, I would have smacked you round the side of the head with a phone book just to check that you're actually from this universe.

But I understand it. Microsoft's old business model was to create their own ecosystem and dominate the market with it. It was expensive, made a lot of enemies, and the returns were a mixed bag (see: Windows Phone). Under Satya Nadella, however, they seemed to have switched to a "presence" strategy. That is, they don't care if they own an ecosystem, as long they have a presence in it. Looks like that strategy is paying off.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sealionact

@zappat: As someone who likes mp shooters, racers and classics, Sony's "Best exclusives evuh... " have done very little for me. Jrpgs even less.

You cows seem more obsessed with ms failing than Sony succeeding....good luck with that.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts
@vfighter said:

Dumb thread is dumb.

Of course it is. Like OT. Just look at this one :

@saltslasher said:

Oh..................and Xbox has 56 million Gold Subscribers

Serious question, are you, Xbone fans, are so dumb and uninformed? OH YES, you are!

Xbox Live Monthly Active users grew 8% YoY to 57 million with continued growth across Xbox One, Windows 10 and Mobile platforms.

So, bunch of Silver users.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mowgly1

Apple loses spot as world's most valuable public company to Microsoft...Xbox is money...

LOL! This is so untrue!

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/most-valuable-companies-all-time/

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Good, Apple's anti-consumer practices are horrible. They've spent the last 10 years trying to convince people they should just buy a new $1000 phone rather than fix their old one.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@mowgly1: Wow, talk about damage control. How is that big ass picture even relevant? Thread is about CURRENT companies, not "all time". Yeesh.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@babyjoker1221: Cows get off on Console and game sales and game scores, just mention Metashitc and cows be like

corrected for accuracy.

lems just get off on random MS profits and don't even demand they produce quality games

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mowgly1

@The_Stand_In said:

@mowgly1: Wow, talk about damage control. How is that big ass picture even relevant? Thread is about CURRENT companies, not "all time". Yeesh.

Yeesh, you probably missed the BOLDED part :

"Apple loses spot as world's most valuable public"

Oh yes, it's relevant. MS isn't currently most valuable company in the world! Get it? Good!

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@mowgly1 said:
@The_Stand_In said:

Oh yes, it's relevant. MS isn't currently most valuable company in the world! Get it? Good!

Context is key, bro. The article is obviously not referring to defunct companies from the 1600s. It's about the here and now.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mowgly1

@The_Stand_In said:
@mowgly1 said:
@The_Stand_In said:

Context is key, bro. The article is obviously not referring to defunct companies from the 1600s. It's about the here and now.

Fine, fine.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I guess OP didn’t read the part that the “Cloud” is the main reason why they are making money. It sure isn’t their god awful OS that’s making them money and what about the failing Xbox sales :(.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@saltslasher said:

and Xbox has 56 million Gold Subscribers

Link? lol

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I think Apple's decline is because people finally removed their head from their ass and realized they don't need a new iPhone every six months when Apple releases another.

Apple people are almost as bad as PC gamers constantly calling themselves "tha masta race". Enjoy your overpriced, throttled, closed system POS Apple lovers.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Overall its good to see Satyas support for MS Gaming. Seeing tweets about MS acquiring 4 more studios in 2019. Gamepass Subs will be hard to turn down with the amount of content at your disposal, people always talk about games so Gamepass will be a no brainer. If Xcloud can take advantage of Gamepass that will be even better.

MS haters will be going insane in 2019 with positive xbox/ms gaming news.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Now if this would translate to getting more AAA games, I'd be happy. Untill then, I don't have stock, so whatever

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

I really do not see how this thread has anything to do with gaming or System Wars. I wonder why it is not posted in the Off-Topic forum.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

This is not true. Microsoft stock has not been decline in recent times and therefore the idea that it's decline hasn't been as severe as Apple as the reason for its success is utter BS.

Microsoft has been on a roll for 5yrs+ with a steady upward share price that is approx. 2.5 times what it was 5 yrs ago.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Microsoft might be doing good, Xbox one os still a failure.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@recloud said:

Microsoft might be doing good, Xbox one os still a failure.

They are selling Xbox one's OS?

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

You really need to get your head examined, Salty. I mean five year olds could make better troll threads than you do. Either grow up or go away.