Anyone else buying a VITA because of PS4 (or vice versa?)

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Got my Vita for Ps1,(didnt get a PsP) PsP, PSN, Vita Games and Soon Future Homebrew support. I Might get a Ps4 NOT because I own a Vita however it would be a nice Feature playing some Ps4 Games on the Vita, hell there are alot of Cross Buy games I would rather play on my vita then a PS3 if I had one. It will be interesting if the Ps4 to Vita over the Internet Remote play is any decent, that will most likely decide if I use the feature alot or not, being able to play Ps4 games aslong as I have access to Wifi would be cool.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="wakefulness"] Haha. Oh shhh. You reminded, I need to buy that tommorow to play it (now that I have a lot of free time and money O_O)wakefulness

Everybody should own this masterpiece

I'm hearing so many good things about KZ:M and TearAway. Plus, there are a ton of awesome indie VITA games I want coming up. I don't have all the money to spend on VITA. And to think I still haven't bought and played the follow up to one of my most fav titles ever (talking about P3P). U_U

Going to the PSN store and buying P3P was the first thing I did after I bought my Vita :P

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

Got my Vita for Ps1,(didnt get a PsP) PsP, PSN, Vita Games and Soon Future Homebrew support. I Might get a Ps4 NOT because I own a Vita however it would be a nice Feature playing some Ps4 Games on the Vita, hell there are alot of Cross Buy games I would rather play on my vita then a PS3 if I had one. It will be interesting if the Ps4 to Vita over the Internet Remote play is any decent, that will most likely decide if I use the feature alot or not, being able to play Ps4 games aslong as I have access to Wifi would be cool.

Blake135

Technically, Playstation Mobile is a sandbox for making anything (much like homebrew on PSP). But I know it's not the same. I only really want homebrew so I can play Dreamcast and old UT games on it.

deltazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deltazero
Member since 2013 • 86 Posts
Persona 4, so tempted to just watch the game on youtube or something, since from the little I managed to play, the story seemed to be leading to something amazing
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"][QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Everybody should own this masterpiece

Sagem28

I'm hearing so many good things about KZ:M and TearAway. Plus, there are a ton of awesome indie VITA games I want coming up. I don't have all the money to spend on VITA. And to think I still haven't bought and played the follow up to one of my most fav titles ever (talking about P3P). U_U

Going to the PSN store and buying P3P was the first thing I did after I bought my Vita :P

First I bought DJMP3, than P3P. Those where my first PSN purchases. Thank God for bc handhelds!
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 wakefulness
Persona 4, so tempted to just watch the game on youtube or something, since from the little I managed to play, the story seemed to be leading to something amazingdeltazero
TBH, I usually do that too but I have so much respect and admiration for P3P that I avoid that (just to go into P4G fresh).
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

First I bought DJMP3, than P3P. Those where my first PSN purchases. Thank God for bc handhelds!wakefulness

True that.

Jrpg's work great on a handheld as well I think.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

First I bought DJMP3, than P3P. Those where my first PSN purchases. Thank God for bc handhelds!Sagem28

True that.

Jrpg's work great on a handheld as well I think.

The VITA got SS but damn if I don't want nay NEED more. Ah yes, YS is coming! D:
TommyBarban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TommyBarban
Member since 2012 • 653 Posts

don't need a cross-over system for my PS4, PS4 will do, if I had to go for a handheld I would go for Nintendo

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
May get a vita. Enough there already for a purchase from me
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

wakefulness

Technically, Playstation Mobile is a sandbox for making anything (much like homebrew on PSP). But I know it's not the same. I only really want homebrew so I can play Dreamcast and old UT games on it.

Yeah it currently only has PsP Homebrew support which is..eh, There are 2 *Native Homebrews* that are currently being worked on, none to Pirate the games just allow anyone to put any application they want on it. Once there is a smooth as butter N64 Emulator for it im jumping on it.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

Vita is not dead. It's just having a slow start like the PS3. 

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
I want one for Persona 4, but I don't want to spend that much money. I'll wait until they're like $200 with the 32GB memory card included and packed with a free game, might take a couple years, but I can wait.lamprey263
I bought mine for less than $200 packed with Assassin's Creed last black Friday. It only had a 4 GB card, though. :(
Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#114 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

3DS is more than enough for me handhold wise, + Vita next to zero games I'am interested in and the few I wouldn't mind playing I can just by for my PS3 anyway.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
I traded mine in and I won't buy another until Sony gives me a reason as to why I should care about the damn thing.
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

I'm kinda interested in a Vita but barely right now. My main interest is my backlog and PS4 this year following into next year but I do love hte benefits from PlayStation Plus on Vita. I'll admit. Plus, playing PS4 games around the house would be cool too.

I'll bite the bullet eventually. Hopefully when there's a good enough sale (Black Friday had it down to $180 with AssCreed: Liberation last year; if it's lower this year, I may bite).

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

Blake135

Yeah it currently only has PsP Homebrew support which is..eh, There are 2 *Native Homebrews* that are currently being worked on, none to Pirate the games just allow anyone to put any application they want on it. Once there is a smooth as butter N64 Emulator for it im jumping on it.

Yeah, I kinda-sorta-but-not-really know some of the hackers doing stuff on VITA (YifanLu and Wololo). They are more up for opening up the system for writing raw code but not really interested in opening up drivers that would allow pirating games. Mainly because hacking the VITA to run pirate games would require extra efforts and it's not on the road these people are on, they just want to reverse engineer certain chunks of OS and get code running (ala late PSP era brew stuff).

Enough of that talk (since it's against ToS to talk a lot about hacking). I'm really looking forward to KZ:M now myself since it looks like a slower, more colorful oldschool UT. Can't wait to play MP! ^^

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 wakefulness

don't need a cross-over system for my PS4, PS4 will do, if I had to go for a handheld I would go for Nintendo

TommyBarban

As you like it ~_^

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 wakefulness
I traded mine in and I won't buy another until Sony gives me a reason as to why I should care about the damn thing. Xaero_Gravity
Hello.
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

What could be a killer game that would sell Vitas. I can't think of any. I thought maybe call of duty could do it. But that was a total failure. If Call of Duty can't. Then what can?

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 wakefulness

I'm kinda interested in a Vita but barely right now. My main interest is my backlog and PS4 this year following into next year but I do love hte benefits from PlayStation Plus on Vita. I'll admit. Plus, playing PS4 games around the house would be cool too.

I'll bite the bullet eventually. Hopefully when there's a good enough sale (Black Friday had it down to $180 with AssCreed: Liberation last year; if it's lower this year, I may bite).

DrRockso87
I'm like 90% sure you will be able to find VITA's for around $150 before the next E3. Honestly, I'm starting to thing Sony is trying to be sneaky and sell VITA's for the most returns (price usually costs companies money, but helps in shifting units) before next E3. And (if that's the case), the PS VITA is going to see retail liquidations, huge discounts on refurbs and used VITA sku's will drop a lot in price. But, that's just me assuming.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#122 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I would get a Vita if I gets a price cut.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 PurpleMan5000
What games have Sony announced for the Vita through 2014?
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 wakefulness
What games have Sony announced for the Vita through 2014?PurpleMan5000
Freedom Wars is supposed to be a really big title from Japan studios (no word on localization though)
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 wakefulness

I'm not quite sure why, but today I feel really good about VITA's value for money. :-)

rell84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 rell84
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

getting a vita next year

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

I'm not quite sure why, but today I feel really good about VITA's value for money. :-)

wakefulness
Vita sure, but those memory sticks ...
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#128 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I already have a Vita, but I'd get a PS4 regardless of having the Vita or not. I honestly don't play my Vita very often, but it'll get more play time once the PS4 drops.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

I'M NOT BUYING A STUPID VITA SO STOP MAKING THIS THREAD EVERY WEEK!

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Xaero_Gravity

I'M NOT BUYING A STUPID VITA SO STOP MAKING THIS THREAD EVERY WEEK!

NFJSupreme
I know that feel brah.
fattycoles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 fattycoles
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

So now the Vita will be known as a streaming device. Good luck with that Sony. No one is gonna pay 250 dollars to stream their hd high def game on a tiny screen. Didn't work with wii u. Won't work for PS4.

jimmypsn
Wait....the wii u can do that, goes to gameshop to buy.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 wakefulness
[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

RavenLoud
Vita sure, but those memory sticks ...

Sho nuff.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 wakefulness
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"] I know that feel brah.

Oh my god. If I didn't make VITA topics I'd have no reason to post in SW so much. Deal with it! Losers.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I'm buying two VITAs but no PS4. Best combo.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 wakefulness

I already have a Vita, but I'd get a PS4 regardless of having the Vita or not. I honestly don't play my Vita very often, but it'll get more play time once the PS4 drops.

yokofox33
Interesting.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

Vita is dead. Why would I buy it?

wakefulness
Now I know why I shouldn't have done this effing topic.

The Vita is dead. If it was alive I still wouldn't buy it. Another failed peperipheral from Sony. Put it on the shelf next to the MOVE.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 wakefulness

If you don't like VITA, well to bad because me and all the people who own a VITA are going to tell you to "deal with it". Than, we will put our glasses on.

If you don't own glasses or a VITA, than buy both at Costco (they come in bundles now).

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 PurpleMan5000
I'm buying two VITAs but no PS4. Best combo.kuraimen
The Vita is much more appealing than the PS4. I agree.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
If it was alive I still wouldn't buy it..FoxbatAlpha
Since it is we just figured that you're butthurt over the xbox one bad press.
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

I have a Vita. Im buying a PS4 but not because I have a vita.

I am curious though to see how they will work the two together. If they dont that is fine with me though. I want both to play games on both. Anything else they do is just an added bonus.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Xaero_Gravity
[QUOTE="wakefulness"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"] I know that feel brah.

Oh my god. If I didn't make VITA topics I'd have no reason to post in SW so much. Deal with it! Losers.

Well now I hope it gets discontinued. Oh, you're in no position to call anybody a loser. No offence. ;)
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

It depends on how many companion apps are made for PS4

Hoznary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Hoznary
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts
I just hope that the vita can survive without being an extra thing for the ps4. I mean its good that you can play ps4 games but i want new games/ games made for the vita in mind like tearaway, gravity rush and such
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#144 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I wanna get a VITA because i enjoy playing with my brother's VITA. However it'll have to wait considering i have to save money for the PS4 and games and a set up....

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 wakefulness

I have a Vita. Im buying a PS4 but not because I have a vita.

I am curious though to see how they will work the two together. If they dont that is fine with me though. I want both to play games on both. Anything else they do is just an added bonus.

Gargus
Nice. And I agree.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
absolutely not
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#147 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
I will eventually have both a PS4 and a Vita, but I won't be buying one because of the other.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I will eventually have both a PS4 and a Vita, but I won't be buying one because of the other.charizard1605
you surely already have a 3ds so what do you want a vita for
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Already have a Vita. Bought it last year so I didn't even know about the PS4 streaming at the time, don't get a lot of use out of it but i'm keeping it for the streaming.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 wakefulness
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="wakefulness"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"] I know that feel brah.

Well now I hope it gets discontinued. Oh, you're in no position to call anybody a loser. No offence. ;)

I'm not sure why you're so passive aggressive spiteful towards me all of a sudden. I do apologize in advanced if I've offended you in the past.