Anyone else buying a VITA because of PS4 (or vice versa?)

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

[QUOTE="wakefulness"][QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

Cows keep forgetting or choose to ignore it but Sony still exploits their fans by charging 100 dollars for a 32gb card. Really? I thought Sony was for the gamers. Why are they actively trying to rip them off.

jimmypsn

How about because PSP was the most hackable system ever and they needed to give devs/publishers security or face getting the 3rd degree. Stop acting so damn foolish already!

What is that damn piece of plastic that cost 100 bucks? Nothing is there. Its just a money grab by Sony to rip off their fans. And only the most ardent Sony fan would purchase one.

Stop talking crap acting like you know anything. You're telling people that know more than you that their wrong, you just talk crap. That's all that you do. Mind doing something better with you're time than piss people off?
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#52 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]Needs to be cheaper.hiphops_savior
Memory needs to be cheaper, especially how much the system banks on online downloads.

My only real annoyance with getting one. It's like $100 for a 32GB memory card.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 wakefulness
[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"][QUOTE="siLVURcross"]Needs to be cheaper.Michael0134567
Memory needs to be cheaper, especially how much the system banks on online downloads.

You can find discounts everynow and again. Cheapassgamer usually posts on their forum when a good deal is out for them.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts

I just for shits and giggles last night added PS vita to my cart with all the stuff I would need and 2 games... $406 with out tax or shipping fee... Funk that shit.

Cost way to much to start out on vita.

Truth_Hurts_U
Holy crap what did you do? I'm guessing you tried to buy all new? I guess It also depends where you live. I bought one at launch day with a 32GB memory card and seven games, so it was a lot, but now there are plenty of good used options. If really want a brand new vita rather than used, you can at least buy a nice used memory card and save a bit more cash. Also most games have had significant price drops, it just depends where you look.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="wakefulness"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="hiphops_savior"] Memory needs to be cheaper, especially how much the system banks on online downloads.

You can find discounts everynow and again. Cheapassgamer usually posts on their forum when a good deal is out for them.

I'll need to look then. I don't want to pay $100 for that.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#56 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Holy crap what did you do? I'm guessing you tried to buy all new? I guess It also depends where you live. I bought one at launch day with a 32GB memory card and seven games, so it was a lot, but now there are plenty of good used options. If really want a brand new vita rather than used, you can at least buy a nice used memory card and save a bit more cash. Also most games have had significant price drops, it just depends where you look.Ghost120x

I put a regular wifi PSV, PSV sony carry case, armor kit, Uncharted, Resistance and 32GB mem stick in my cart... That's what it came to.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
The PS4 games only work when you are near the PS4 right? If so I really do not see the point of paying $300 to play on a smaller screen and with worse controls.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#58 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

[QUOTE="wakefulness"][QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

Cows keep forgetting or choose to ignore it but Sony still exploits their fans by charging 100 dollars for a 32gb card. Really? I thought Sony was for the gamers. Why are they actively trying to rip them off.

jimmypsn

How about because PSP was the most hackable system ever and they needed to give devs/publishers security or face getting the 3rd degree. Stop acting so damn foolish already!

What is that damn piece of plastic that cost 100 bucks? Nothing is there. Its just a money grab by Sony to rip off their fans. And only the most ardent Sony fan would purchase one.

Damn piece of plastic that costs $100? No thanks jimmy, I'd rather not buy a WiFi adapter for my 360. Thanks though
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ghost120x
The PS4 games only work when you are near the PS4 right? If so I really do not see the point of paying $300 to play on a smaller screen and with worse controls.CanYouDiglt
No, it also works via wi-fi and the vita can remotely turn on your system at your house. The vita does remote play with the ps3 but its laggy as hell. But since the ps4 is designed with the vita in mind hopefully it's better.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#60 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
If I get Watchdogs on PS4 and want to go play it 'on the go' (read: at work) then I can definitely see the appeal. Thing is, I won't be able to afford one for a while with all of the saving up I have to do to get both next gen consoles. But yeah... thinking about it.
Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Nope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
I already have a ps vita so I will purchase the ps4 (never even touched a ps3 controller I had 360) Don't underestimate the ps vita it is an awesome game system
V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

already own VITA... can't wait for PS4

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts
Needs to be cheaper.siLVURcross
Basically this.
joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
I love my vita - looking forward to ps4
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
They'd have to lower the price like crazy. And of course I'd have to see how well that "streaming" thing works out. Actually, nah I still wouldn't buy one.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
So far I have yet to see a reason to buy a Vita. Which is sad considering how hyped I was to get one before it released.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

Vita is dead. Why would I buy it?

wakefulness
Now I know why I shouldn't have done this effing topic.

Nah, just add them to your block list like I have. Makes SW a way better place for you that way. 7 people have made it on mine and SW has improved a lot for me.
McSkombi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 McSkombi
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts

I'm buying a PS4, because I have a VITA.

I'm sure I will be using the PS4 on the big screen intermittently during the day or night (depending) so having that mobile screen would free me up to work on other crap while I have a session on the side of the table to distract me from what I should be doing (multitasking+procrastination ftw!).

What about anyone else here? I've noticed a lot less VITA talk lately and kind of want to bring that subject up again . . . especially since this years VITA press showing was "meh" at best (not counting excellent show floor stuff).

wakefulness
Yes I will get a Vita in July! I am so looking forward to it!! When I heard you could use ONE PS+ account throughout all your PSN devices (PS3,4 and V) they totally convinced me! Free games FTW!!!
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Not buying a PS4, but I am buying a Vita.

Michael0134567

That is pure stupidity.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
No, but the PS4 has made me more interested in a VITA, but.................................... not buying one anytime soon
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Not buying a PS4, but I am buying a Vita.

NathanDrakeSwag

That is pure stupidity.

You're one to talk about stupidity.
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

Like I said before why would I buy one when its likely Sony will discontinue it soon. Its already dead.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ghost120x
Jimmy, I know a good place where you can get a life. Do you want to know where it is?
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 wakefulness
The PS4 games only work when you are near the PS4 right? If so I really do not see the point of paying $300 to play on a smaller screen and with worse controls.CanYouDiglt
They work in you're network. So whatever wireless signal you're wi-fi connection give off, that's you're PS4<>VITA connection. (afaik)
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 jimmypsn
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]The PS4 games only work when you are near the PS4 right? If so I really do not see the point of paying $300 to play on a smaller screen and with worse controls.wakefulness
They work in you're network. So whatever wireless signal you're wi-fi connection give off, that's you're PS4<>VITA connection. (afaik)

So only near your PS4. He just said that.
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jimmypsn

What's the chance Sony develops another handheld after the Vita? hehehehee. lol

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 wakefulness

If I get Watchdogs on PS4 and want to go play it 'on the go' (read: at work) then I can definitely see the appeal. Thing is, I won't be able to afford one for a while with all of the saving up I have to do to get both next gen consoles. But yeah... thinking about it. donalbane

Yeah, I was pretty shocked that Remote Play over (other) wireless networks even worked on PSP and PS3 XD

Even so, yeah, WD should be comfy enough to play over the internet from PS4 but I would reccomend playing quick-twitch muscle games on your TV. Really, anything (distributed over a network) is bound to at least a few added milliseconds of lag. Just a heads up, bro! ^_^

Broomes70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Broomes70
Member since 2012 • 164 Posts
Sony needs to leave the portable gaming market
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#80 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
I plan to buy a Vita, but PS4 was never the main reason.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 wakefulness

Why do so many people here hate the VITA? Is it because you hate indies and ports? XD

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 wakefulness
Sony needs to leave the portable gaming marketBroomes70
I respectfully disagree. For reasons.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 wakefulness
No, but the PS4 has made me more interested in a VITA, but.................................... not buying one anytime soonNengo_Flow
If you can get a good deal on a 3G/Wi-fi bundle w/ 8GB I highly recommend looking into it. I think it's being discontinued (or at least a lot of Sony stores are selling it at a steep discount) so try and go for it.
RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

I have a Vita, best part about it is being able to play my PSP games, PS1 games, LBP vita and watch youtube/netflix all on one device.

However, PS4 needs that one killer app for me to get it. There's a bunch of cool games but nothing I would live without yet.

PS3 is hooked to the monitor. So maybe I'll get a PS4 eventually to play blu-ray on my TV.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Unless you can use our network, guess we'll see.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 wakefulness

I have a Vita, best part about it is being able to play my PSP games, PS1 games, LBP vita and watch youtube/netflix all on one device.

However, PS4 needs that one killer app for me to get it. There's a bunch of cool games but nothing I would live without yet.

PS3 is hooked to the monitor. So maybe I'll get a PS4 eventually to play blu-ray on my TV.

RavenLoud
Maybe it's because I'm more of a casual console player, but the PS4 has way more games than I'd imagine. But, what type of game are you looking tp play on PS4 anyways?
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

The Vita looks great and all, but I really don't feel like buying one since:

1.the memory card prices

2. Sony seems to be treating the Vita more like a PS4 add-on than an individual system. I don't recall much being announced forn the Vita during E3 2013, but perhaps I'm just being very forgetful. I don't think I'd want to spend $250 just to be able to play PS4 games on a smaller screen, either.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 wakefulness
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]The PS4 games only work when you are near the PS4 right? If so I really do not see the point of paying $300 to play on a smaller screen and with worse controls.Heil68

You can do this on PSP remote play for VITA (as long as your PSN registered under both systems). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sv-h7rs9Lw
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 wakefulness

The Vita looks great and all, but I really don't feel like buying one since:

1.the memory card prices

2. Sony seems to be treating the Vita more like a PS4 add-on than an individual system. I don't recall much being announced forn the Vita during E3 2013, but perhaps I'm just being very forgetful. I don't think I'd want to spend $250 just to be able to play PS4 games on a smaller screen, either.

DJ-Lafleur
The screen isn't as bad as you think, especially considering it's an OLED. I tend to agree with you're other points, but it hasn't really detracted me from reccomending VITA to others because I think streaming will be a handy feature and there are still a few good first party titles and indie titles coming this year. And also it's not $250 in all places anymore. I think target has a bundle for $199, for instance.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]The PS4 games only work when you are near the PS4 right? If so I really do not see the point of paying $300 to play on a smaller screen and with worse controls.wakefulness

You can do this on PSP remote play for VITA (as long as your PSN registered under both systems). Yeah, and my wireless network covers my entire 2 story house as well as patio and garage, it will be just fine if that's the case. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sv-h7rs9Lw

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts
[QUOTE="RavenLoud"]

wakefulness
Maybe it's because I'm more of a casual console player, but the PS4 has way more games than I'd imagine. But, what type of game are you looking tp play on PS4 anyways?

Demon's Souls 2 or a good Tales game. Just something that I can't get on PC that's really unique. As of now, Infamous SS isn't worth 400$ for me.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Nope, streaming is useless for me because I would choose the TV over it any time, and I wouldn't buy a handheld for ports either.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Vita launch owner here, I bought a vita for vita games/psp games (as i skipped the psp) and to play my ps1 games. Will try some games out via remote play, but most of the time the dualshock 4/ps4 will be better
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 wakefulness

Yeah, and my wireless network covers my entire 2 story house as well as patio and garage, it will be just fine if that's the case.Heil68

You're router sounds really good so, you should be ready to go on day one to stream from anywhere you're hanging around your house. 

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Already own one so I could play Godsona 4 - The Golden.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 wakefulness
[QUOTE="wakefulness"][QUOTE="RavenLoud"]

RavenLoud

Demon's Souls 2 or a good Tales game. Just something that I can't get on PC that's really unique. As of now, Infamous SS isn't worth 400$ for me.

Fair enough. I'll get my moneys worth out of the PS4 thanks to PS+ and the f2p MMO's at launch or in the following weeks. That's a solid reason for me to dive into the console alone (let alone the fact I haven't owned anything other than a PSP/VITA in close to a decade)
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 wakefulness

Sagem28
Haha. Oh shhh. You reminded, I need to buy that tommorow to play it (now that I have a lot of free time and money O_O)
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#98 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Vita is dead outside Japan.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

wakefulness

Haha. Oh shhh. You reminded, I need to buy that tommorow to play it (now that I have a lot of free time and money O_O)

Everybody should own this masterpiece

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"][QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Sagem28

Everybody should own this masterpiece

I'm hearing so many good things about KZ:M and TearAway. Plus, there are a ton of awesome indie VITA games I want coming up. I don't have all the money to spend on VITA. And to think I still haven't bought and played the follow up to one of my most fav titles ever (talking about P3P). U_U