Anyone else been burned by Sony? (My rant)

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Sony definitely took a misstep with the PS3, but they corrected their initial insult to the gaming public and redeemed themselves.  The $600 launch with no games was a fiasco, and I sat it out until the price dropped to $300.  My PS2 kept me well entertained until 2009 when it finally crapped out and I bought my PS3.

As for handhelds I've never bothered.  Nintendo's basically owned that market since the Gameboy was released 25 years ago. 

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Cool blog.
Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts

[QUOTE="Granny_Spanked"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Journey an indie title :lol:

try again

RR360DD

It's subjective, but Journey>Halo 4.

How is it subjective? Huge budget from Sony, not to mention sony santa monica kicked in to help with development.

And Im still playing Halo 4. Dat value. Hope you enjoyed those two hours of roaming sand dunes.

Still a small budget independent company not owned by Sony, they just had a three game contract. It's still pretty pathetic that a team of 300+ made for one sole purpose, was outperformed by a 14 man independent game studio. So you're still playing Halo 4, that just means that you're wasting more of your time playing garbage.
HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

As for handhelds I've never bothered.  Nintendo's basically owned that market since the Gameboy was released 25 years ago. 

Boddicker
Mobile has them beat by a long shot now.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Yes.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Granny_Spanked"] It's subjective, but Journey>Halo 4.Granny_Spanked

How is it subjective? Huge budget from Sony, not to mention sony santa monica kicked in to help with development.

And Im still playing Halo 4. Dat value. Hope you enjoyed those two hours of roaming sand dunes.

Still a small budget independent company not owned by Sony, they just had a three game contract. It's still pretty pathetic that a team of 300+ made for one sole purpose, was outperformed by a 14 man independent game studio. So you're still playing Halo 4, that just means that you're wasting more of your time playing garbage.

Small budget based on what? Despite how much the game sold, they only started profiting off it a month or two ago. When you have that kind of budget, not to mention a huge established company helping with development, its not an indie.

Again, that 14 man independant game studio got a load of help from santa monica to make the game what it is today. Outpreformed? Yeah, you did bring up the gamespot GOTY. They're both 9.0. Halo 4 outsold Journey. I mean if youre gonna make such a big deal out of it, I guess we should find it pathetic that Naughty Dogs TLOU was also outperformed.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Basically if you want indie games, then get the indiestation 4 because thats all Sony can afford.

If you want the console with the best online service and the most blockbusters, get the XOne. Its $100 more, but you get so much more bang for buck.

RR360DD

Ohh... you such a big man... indie games no have big budget, and no big budget mean no good game.

You're an idiot. Some of the best games released this gen are indie / smaller budget titles.

Funny to see an XBOT try and talk about games... what have XBOX gamers gotten for exclusives in 2013? Gears of War made by the "B" team over at EPIC... and what else?

MS will do the same thing this gen... pretend to care about core games for the first 3-4 years and then serve up Halo, Forza & Gears... or a Gears replacement DUDE BRO SHOOTER.

I supported MS this gen, because even with their hardware fail, they seemed to be invested in what I care about... GAMES. Then Kinect happened.

See I've learned from my mistake, this gen I'll support Sony... and maybe pick up a used XB1 when the library has a couple handfuls of REAL exclusives worth playing. Which will take 3 or more years for them to produce I'm sure.

Here we are in the final year for Sony's PS3 and PS3 owners have gotten, Ni No Kuni, A new Sly Cooper, The Last of Us... with Dragon's Crown, a new Ratchet & CLank & more due out before the years end.

NEXT GEN WILL BE THE SAME... MS WILL FORGET ABOUT YOU AFTER THEY GET YOU, AND SONY WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THEIR PLATFORM RIGHT TIL THE END!

Holy shit, he mad.

Oh yeah, what were these awesome indie games then? Other than Hotline miami i cant think of any :lol:

Why waste my time listing them, they're all crap... remember?

PS. I'm not mad... just using caps for effect, draws the eye, so people will read.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

[QUOTE="Boddicker"]

HadOne2Many

You know what I mean though.

I've never cared for handhelds, but I too have heard rumblings of mobile phones making them obsolete. I'll just stick with gaming at my house.

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Granny_Spanked

RR360DD

Small budget based on what? Despite how much the game sold, they only started profiting off it a month or two ago. When you have that kind of budget, not to mention a huge established company helping with development, its not an indie.

Again, that 14 man independant game studio got a load of help from santa monica to make the game what it is today. Outpreformed? Yeah, you did bring up the gamespot GOTY. They're both 9.0. Halo 4 outsold Journey. I mean if youre gonna make such a big deal out of it, I guess we should find it pathetic that Naughty Dogs TLOU was also outperformed.

I know that the game was published by Sony, but I don't recall Santa Monica helping out too much, do you have a link to that?
HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

[QUOTE="HadOne2Many"][QUOTE="Boddicker"]

Boddicker

You know what I mean though.

I've never cared for handhelds, but I too have heard rumblings of mobile phones making them obsolete. I'll just stick with gaming at my house.

Yeah I understand what you mean. Hell, some of my favorite games on my mobile are from Nintendo :P (Emulation FTW!)
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Granny_Spanked"] Still a small budget independent company not owned by Sony, they just had a three game contract. It's still pretty pathetic that a team of 300+ made for one sole purpose, was outperformed by a 14 man independent game studio. So you're still playing Halo 4, that just means that you're wasting more of your time playing garbage. Granny_Spanked

I know that the game was published by Sony, but I don't recall Santa Monica helping out too much, do you have a link to that?

Heres a good read on it

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-15-inside-sonys-commune

And Allan Becker, who ran the studio, wanted to do arty games, interesting stuff as well as triple-A super commercial stuff. That's all important, because that makes money - lots of money. But it can be creatively stifling. So that's how we ended up having ThatGameCompany coming in and being an incubated team here.

"The idea was to nurture young teams, and asking how can we exercise our advantage of triple-A for doing this stuff. And that's where it comes in - we can go, someone needs to explain how to do dither patterns to thatgamecompany so they can get rid of their colour grading in Flow. Someone can explain that, and in this really subtle way his game will be better because of the graphics engine of God of War - and no-one ever really needs to understand how that happens. But it will become apparent in the overall quality of the games that one thing led to another."

"Fundamentally, what it comes down to is we try to complement them," adds director of technology Christer Ericson. "We supply from our side a producer to help wrangle things, and the technical know how. And the experience, really. They may have the skill, but until you've made a number of games you don't know what problems you'll encounter. Those sort of things is generally what we come and help with."

"Journey likely wouldn't have been possible - or as pretty - without Santa Monica Studio's prowess."

I remember watching a video on it once, don't have a link, but it talked about how santa monica was the reason the sand looked and reacted so beautifully. Without their help, no way would have Journey got the recognition it did.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
Every Sony console has been reference quality. Nintendo has accepted defeat and turned to handheldslol and making fisher price tablets. Microsoft are now realising the same and making a DVR instead.
Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Granny_Spanked

RR360DD

Heres a good read on it

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-15-inside-sonys-commune

And Allan Becker, who ran the studio, wanted to do arty games, interesting stuff as well as triple-A super commercial stuff. That's all important, because that makes money - lots of money. But it can be creatively stifling. So that's how we ended up having ThatGameCompany coming in and being an incubated team here.

"The idea was to nurture young teams, and asking how can we exercise our advantage of triple-A for doing this stuff. And that's where it comes in - we can go, someone needs to explain how to do dither patterns to thatgamecompany so they can get rid of their colour grading in Flow. Someone can explain that, and in this really subtle way his game will be better because of the graphics engine of God of War - and no-one ever really needs to understand how that happens. But it will become apparent in the overall quality of the games that one thing led to another."

"Fundamentally, what it comes down to is we try to complement them," adds director of technology Christer Ericson. "We supply from our side a producer to help wrangle things, and the technical know how. And the experience, really. They may have the skill, but until you've made a number of games you don't know what problems you'll encounter. Those sort of things is generally what we come and help with."

"Journey likely wouldn't have been possible - or as pretty - without Santa Monica Studio's prowess."

I remember watching a video on it once, don't have a link, but it talked about how santa monica was the reason the sand looked and reacted so beautifully. Without their help, no way would have Journey got the recognition it did.

Huh, and I didn't know they were helping out Giant Sparrow too. Well technically Journey isn't an indie, since Sony supported it so much, but if you look at most of the 2012 award categories, Journey is categorized as an indie title. Maybe it's because a game of it's style wouldn't be considered anything but an indie. Game companies/awards like Gamespot, VGA, Gameinformer, etc.. have more knowledge about gaming than I do, so I always assumed because they referred to Journey as an Indie, there was a loophole or something.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Psp at launch was a huge letdown so I sold it only to regret it later. So now, I never sell anything.
Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Basically if you want indie games, then get the indiestation 4 because thats all Sony can afford.

If you want the console with the best online service and the most blockbusters, get the XOne. Its $100 more, but you get so much more bang for buck.

PS4TrumpsXbox1
and if you want your privacy invaded get the spy box one

I thought this ignorant spybox S**t died a death already. So glad your not level 10.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44567 Posts
I feel burned knowing that if I ever get the YLOD on my PS3 that if I send it into Sony and overpay them to fix it that they can't guarantee to send me back my console I sent them, which is a fully BC PS3, for all I know it could be a refurbished slim. Thankfully there's services out there that will reball with lead solder which i hear will keep it running forever. I'm also not a fan of download limits, they need to have developed a user friendly transferable rights system.
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

My experience with the PS3 has been the opposite.

Feel like I've gotten the best possible value for my money outside of PC gaming. Good online system delivery, great reliability, extremely versatile compared to its peers, and again when comparing to its peers much better software support at the end of its life-cycle. Great product.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

Why buy a system at launch if there aren't enough games to keep you interested? You burned yourself.

I actually did wait till June 2008 to get a PS3, and it sounds like I made the right choice. At the same time, I got a PSP on launch day and Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal and Wipeout are still 3 of my favorite games on the system.

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts
nice try OP still buying a ps4
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#70 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
"See I bought a ps3 in November 2006 for the riddiclous price point of 600 dollars" - then you're a complete fool to have done so especially knowing it was too much at the time. "I believed the Sony hype train once again" - So you were a fool twice? Wow what a loser.
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnF111"]"See I bought a ps3 in November 2006 for the riddiclous price point of 600 dollars" - then you're a complete fool to have done so especially knowing it was too much at the time. "I believed the Sony hype train once again" - So you were a fool twice? Wow what a loser.

Maybe he just had the money and wanted a blu ray player for his home entertainment center. The PS3 was a no brainer at launch if you were going to buy a blu ray player anyway.
ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

You got owned. :lol: Nicely done Sony.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

I got a PS3 at launch and wasn't disappointed.

I got a PSP at launch and wasn't disappointed.

I got a Vita at launch and wasn't disappointed.

I will get a PS4 at launch and will not be disappointed.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#74 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]"See I bought a ps3 in November 2006 for the riddiclous price point of 600 dollars" - then you're a complete fool to have done so especially knowing it was too much at the time. "I believed the Sony hype train once again" - So you were a fool twice? Wow what a loser.PurpleMan5000
Maybe he just had the money and wanted a blu ray player for his home entertainment center. The PS3 was a no brainer at launch if you were going to buy a blu ray player anyway.

Except in his "rant" he said he bought it for games. Which makes it his own damn fault.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#75 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
I wouldn't say I was burned by Sony, but I got victimized twice by DRE last gen. But I never doubt there will be games for their consoles. I also own a vita, and I like it. I have games for it. I do admit I'm different in that, I will buy a console for one game. See, one game is what gets that initial purchase, but I believe there will be more released. And I've always been right. I bought my first ps3 when mgs4 came out. That was what made me buy one. And more, and better games came out for it. Second son is enough to make me buy a ps4.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I was also burned by the PSP and PS3.

It's not that the PSP was bad, so much, but it was definitely worse than the DS, and support pretty much died halfway through its life. It had a "good" first year in comparison to the DS. I'd have preferred not spending $250 on it, but I don't regret it.

The PS3, however, I wish I never bought. I could count on less than one hand the PS3 games I enjoyed. So many of the hyped exclusives just turned out to be big disappointments like LBP....That's the biggest offender. A platformer with gameplay that's so bad I didn't even care to create a single level... My friend and I were so excited to play it (he was a 360 gamer who was thinking about getting a PS3 for LBP as well), and when we played it together we just looked at each other like "Wow, this is bad" lol.

I haven't bought a Vita, and I don't intend to get a PS4 anytime soon. Not sure if I'll get any consoles anytime soon, really. Just going to stick to my PC for a while :)

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#77 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
[QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"][QUOTE="JohnF111"]"See I bought a ps3 in November 2006 for the riddiclous price point of 600 dollars" - then you're a complete fool to have done so especially knowing it was too much at the time. "I believed the Sony hype train once again" - So you were a fool twice? Wow what a loser.

He said it himself, he bough tit not a blu-ray player, but as a console. Same for the PSP and Vita... It's his own fault for being gullible believing everything that Sony spewed at him. Complete fool.
drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

ps3 had more quality games than the 360 and the psp had more quality games than the ds.

also, 600 dollars is a lot of money, but it's not A LOT of money.

i do concede on the vita being a waste though

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

It seems like you screwed yourself over. You should expect these things when buying systems at launch.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Sony has taken care of me, the gamer since forever, after all it's part of the Live, Learn and Love style Sony practices.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#81 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

ps3 had more quality games than the 360 and the psp had more quality games than the ds.

drekula2
Spreadsheet says different. 360 had bigger library of A-AAA rated games.
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

tl;dr?MonsieurX

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I wouldn't say I was burned by Sony, but I got victimized twice by DRE last gen. But I never doubt there will be games for their consoles. I also own a vita, and I like it. I have games for it. I do admit I'm different in that, I will buy a console for one game. See, one game is what gets that initial purchase, but I believe there will be more released. And I've always been right. I bought my first ps3 when mgs4 came out. That was what made me buy one. And more, and better games came out for it. Second son is enough to make me buy a ps4. cainetao11

Only in rare cases have I bought a system for one game, and been happy with the purchase.

The Dreamcast with Soul Calibur, the Gamecube with SSBM, and the Xbox with Halo. Mainly because those games I could play for hours and hours and hours. For instance, with the Gamecube, I never suffered through a game drought because I played SSBM too much to notice.

Not sure I could enjoy spending $300-$500 on a system for a single player game. Maybe if it was from one of my top 5 series of all time. I'd probably drop $500 to play Half Life 3 if it was exclusive to something other than PC :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
I wouldn't say burned, but they have been disappointing this gen. I decided to switch to xbox360 and enjoyed that more.
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#85 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I've never been "burned" by Sony. I don't like their controller. It was never comfortable for me. Plus, their new franchises don't interest me.

Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Kaz_Son
Member since 2013 • 1389 Posts
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]To me its pretty obvious the Xbox has been the better gaming machine for a while now and there are facts to back it up. You just have a lot of people holding on to the past when Sony was the best and they refuse to try something new.MonsieurX
Facts about that? Never seen such a thing

More critically acclaimed game library, better multiplats, better indie games, better multiplayer. These are facts whether you want to admit it or not.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

Okay I see how everyone is prasing Sony and the ps4, and I do agree the ps4 is sweet. But honestly, I currently have no interest in the ps4 as there is only one game for it that interests me Infamous Second Son.  I like Sony and all but I been burned by them too many times over the years, even more than MS. See I bought a ps3 in November 2006 for the riddiclous price point of 600 dollars. To later see that there aren't any games for the system for the first 2 YEARS of its life. My parents look at me ( I was 19 at the time) and say you pretty much wasted 600 bucks on a blu ray player, with no games and a crappy online service SMH.  So later I buy a psp for 150 bucks and once AGAIN, got burned with its lack of games, another face palm. A few years ago I bought a vita becuase I believed in the Sony hype train again, and what happens? Sony burnes me YET AGAIN, with a another slightly more powerful psp with few games.  So yea, I was a hardcore Sony fan but after all that, I am not falling for Sony and its hype machine anymore. Until more games that interest me hit the ps4 like Uncharted 4, Last of Us 2, and Infamous Second Son come out, I am sticking with the Xbox One. Even though MS is no saint,  but they haven't burned me or cost me as much money as Sony. Anyone else got burned by Sony like I did? Are you still buying the ps4 at launch or are you waiting?

djshowstopper87

Not trying to be flip, but why don't you try waiting for a library before buying something?

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
PS1 fat = TANK PS2 fat = Disk read errors PS3 fat = YLOD But, I'm definitely getting a PS4...
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="Basinboy"]

No console outside of the N64 has ever had a generation-defining title available at launch.

SecretPolice

Halo: CE

And then some.. SP Approved.

I approve of this post. Halo CE is still one of my favorite games. I bought the Xbox for Halo alone, and if that had been the only game to come out on the console, it still would have been money well spent. The countless hours I spent on that game playing multiplayer with my friends...good times!
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
I don't buy systems based on hype. People who do are stupid especially if they felt "burned" by a previous product. Research and then take a wait and see approach before buying something. It's called common sense.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="drekula2"]

cainetao11

Spreadsheet is just a list of opinions just like that poster posted his.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
[QUOTE="cainetao11"][QUOTE="drekula2"]

FlamesOfGrey

Spreadsheet is just a list of opinions just like that poster posted his.

It all boils down to personal opinion. For the first few years, when I still played my 360, I loved the library of games much more so than what the PS3 had. And I haven't played the PSP, but I have about 35 DS games, and I love them all...
caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

This is the reason why I will never be an early adopter of a video game system.  The few that I have bought early(the PS2, Gamecube, and 3DS) I got burned since I had to endure the droughts before the good games started rolling in.

I did not get my PS3 and 360 until last year, and it did not bother me at all.   By that time, I was able to get my hands on good hardware for a pretty good price, and many of the games that I wanted were cheap thanks to being either Greatest Hits or Platinum Hits.

It also let me avoid the issues that often plague early versions of consoles, so I managed to avoid things like RROD.

And I'm sticking with my guns with the PS4 and Xbox One.    I'll wait a few years while their libaries build up, the older games get cheaper, and the hardware revisions come out.    Since I'll be catching up on PS3 and 360 games, I don't think it will bother me all that much.

I honestly see no point in being an early adopter.  Granted, you might be able to play the newest system first, but its the early versions of systems that have hardware issues and there are often droughts while developers comes to grips with the new system.

For me, it's just better to wait.  And then I  never have to worry about feeling burned or cheated.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Took you three systems to find this out?
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

RR360DD

I didnt know more bang for your buck meant weaker hardware with forced motion controls.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]To me its pretty obvious the Xbox has been the better gaming machine for a while now and there are facts to back it up. You just have a lot of people holding on to the past when Sony was the best and they refuse to try something new.Miketheman83
Facts about that? Never seen such a thing

More critically acclaimed game library, better multiplats, better indie games, better multiplayer. These are facts whether you want to admit it or not.

Nothing you listed was a fact.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#98 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

RR360DD
So Uncharted 1, 2, 3, TLOU, GoW3, Infamous, MGS4 weren't blockbusters? Not to mention all the multiplats and all those great games that scored below a 9 that I guess Lems won't play because they aren't a 9 or higher on Gamespot. Both systems will have great games, anyone who denies this is just a sad fanboy. I'm calling so many people out when MS changes their indie policy and Lems try to claim ownage. They praised all those Live indie games on 360, now they don't want them, until they are announced for the One.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Dont feel burned. The people of London got Sony back when they burned and looted a distribution plant.

http://gotgame.com/2011/08/09/londoners-burn-sony-plant/

z

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#100 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Sony's been pretty good to me. I love my Sony XBR-960 HD CRT (nearly 10 years old and still going strong), I haven't had any problems with my PS3 (though I haven't had it very long). Only complaint I have is the lack of a system wide way for my PS3 to compensate for the overscan on my TV.