And the game industry GOTY is

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@clr84651 said:

Whatever helps your case despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You should know thick headed.

And you say GS is what we use here?! They realized the guy who did the initial review at 8/10 was incorrect & made it GotY for PS3. A flop doesn't win GotY.

You're such a fuckin moron.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

It's looking like The Last of Us will win but Bioshock Infinite is more deserving.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@Blabadon said:

"admit you got it wrong "gamespot" "Tom""

Seriously, can McShea win some type of award for this much beautiful cow tipping even six or seven months later?

He didn't piss anyone off if you actually watched the spoiler cast he did, it just made him look like an idiot and the two other guys who did the SC with him knew he was talking shyt just cause he's a dumbass.

Tom is seriously the worst troll I've ever seen and the sad thing is he gets paid to do it.

Also if anyone missed TLOU Spoiler Cast here it is (of course there's SPOILERS, so be warned)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvIWDEkaw4g

Yeah, he said some stupid shit there, but an 8.0 at the end of the day still means great. I think it's a solid 8.0, or great game, and nothing he said on the spoiler cast invalidated the proper points he brought in the review

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

Started playing the game. Waiting for the story to pick up. I'm told it gets better after escaping from the city.

Also, the game would benefit from the removal of the prologue. Pretty much non-interactive and contributes next to nothing to the story.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#105  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Blabadon said:

Seriously, can McShea win some type of award for this much beautiful cow tipping even six or seven months later?

He didn't piss anyone off if you actually watched the spoiler cast he did, it just made him look like an idiot and the two other guys who did the SC with him knew he was talking shyt just cause he's a dumbass.

Tom is seriously the worst troll I've ever seen and the sad thing is he gets paid to do it.

Also if anyone missed TLOU Spoiler Cast here it is (of course there's SPOILERS, so be warned)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvIWDEkaw4g

Yeah, he said some stupid shit there, but an 8.0 at the end of the day still means great. I think it's a solid 8.0, or great game, and nothing he said on the spoiler cast invalidated the proper points he brought in the review

I respect his score, I have no problem with it. The fact he stated Joel was a scumbag (he had a right to be one for the longest time) and he stated "Joel was the worst video game AND movie character of all time", it's like dude....ether he's trolling or is just an idiot.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

This game is so good. I really wish everyone could play it. Too bad some of you are terrible fanboys

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Oh wow! AAA devs that make nothing but cinematic 3rd person shooters chose a cinematic 3rd person shooter as their GOTY. What a surprise.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@clr84651 said:

Whatever helps your case despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You should know thick headed.

And you say GS is what we use here?! They realized the guy who did the initial review at 8/10 was incorrect & made it GotY for PS3. A flop doesn't win GotY.

You're such a fuckin moron.

You wish! Don't respond to posts that you are wrong about.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

The best Game of the Year titled game out of all the other Game of the Year winners? Maybe so.
Half Life. MGS and GTA gave the similiar notion too.

Gamespot called it wrong this year. A farcry from the rest. Not even a 9.0 score at least.
Credit to GTA5, Bioshock and AC4/Tomb Raider too.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110  Edited By joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

Dat lemming butthurt! KY lems, use lots of KY and ice up afterwards. It will really help reduce the butthurt.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Okay, now tell me why I should care? what does it matter to me?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#112  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@lglz1337: Bioshock Infinite for me. Everyone has their own opinions. No one is right or wrong. lol!!

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By SelfReflect
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

mmo is scarce, bullets actually do damage, and the combat over all is very brutal and intense.

Last of Us isnt for the ADD addicted dudebros (like you)

Shallow AAA shootfests like Call of Duty/Gears of War may be more up yours and some others speed

Buddy I've been gaming since the Atari days, actually before. I don't really play CoD, or other multi-player games.

I just find TLoU to have some boring parts. I've finished the game, it's just not one that I'm interested in playing again...so try again with your dudebro logic.

Stop trying to act like TLoU is some kind of thinking man's game, because it isn't. It's basically a TPS with some stealth portions and a good story. Maybe try realizing that people have different tastes in games, and not everyone who doesn't like a game on your favorite system is attacking your plastic girlfriend, or your favorite game company...sheesh.

Calling Last of Us a basic TPS? LOL! Instant red flag.

You've never played it, and if you have played it, which I doubt, than it was YOUR fault for trying to play it like a shooter.

I still have my doubts though, because trying to play Last of Us like a pure shooter will get you killed A LOT.

Im going to go with youve never played it!

Or what difficulty did you play it at, assuming you've even played it.

Last of Us is a game for the the thinking man because: you could play it how ever which way you wanted to given the tools you had. There was challenge, and a lot of improvisation was key to the combat, which required you to think!

There were so many dynamic, tense, on the fly moments that could occur when playing Last of Us depending on how you played, choices you made, and how enemies reacted.

Whether you were playing cat and mouse with the enemies - or picking em off one by one in exhilirating fashion as you manuvered around, even using bricks or bottles as distractions etc...

Whether you had to improvise when your cover was blown in stealth and shit hit the fan, and you were able to come up with a different gameplan on the run - or on the go, and succeed - getting into a brutal brawl in a last bid to survive or popping off your gun with a defeaning boom etc....

Whether you were able to frantically lose the enemies when caught durring stealth, "disappear," re-think your gameplan- give the stealth another go and finally have the success you wanted....

Whether you just barely managed to get by an encounter through the skin of your teeth while on low health and low resources....

Etc etc etc

No matter how the cards turned, no matter how you chose to play, no matter what strategies you used, playing the Last of Us was pure gaming bliss ....some of the BEST pure gaming ive ever played or experienced. Last of Us has THE BEST gameplay of any game I have ever played BAR FRIGGEN NONE.

There IS NO other third person combat game that even comes close to matching Last of Us in gameplay... (or even comes close to having as original of a gameplay style as orginal as the gameplay style in the Last of Us is)

To recap, Last of Us has dynamic, intense, brutal, well thought out, sandbox-like combat, that perfectly blends survival horror with action, that is still challenging, and is backed by item resource managment mechanics to boot. What else out there is like it? Tell me!!! There is nothing else out there like the Last of Us.

(Oh and I almost forgot one thing! We still arent done! The Last of Us has such amazing gameplay, that I forgot to talk more about the industry standard Naughty Dog just set in GUNPLAY with the Last of Us too. Just like your bullets had an impact on enemies, bullets would blow you away and stop you in your tracks. Thus you were forced to continue to play smart and approach with caution at all times etc....but in still always a fun way....Now comprae that to a character in Gears of War who eats bullets with no effect like a walking tank. God, Gears of War has the shittiest gunplay ever)

The more you breakdown the Last of Us the more you realise just how amazing and revolutionary the gameplay truly was in the Last of Us.

Like I said, go ahead and tell me why the gameplay wasnt any good or wasnt doing anything special

Tell me why and explain so reasonably!

Youre response to the post above was laugable!

Not only did you NOT even attempt to explain away your controversial opinions regarding Last of Us, you jumped all over him for being a "fanboy"

I guess the millions and millions who also regard Last of Us has one of the grestest games of this year/gen/all time etc are all just fanboys too uh.

Take the hint:

People love Last of Us and it IS TROLLS like YOU who are the tiny minority on the interenet pissing in the wind of all the priase the Last of Us rightfully has earned and derserves. Youre opinions MEAN NOTHING.

For anyone else reading,

This is how you expose them. Just ask them, "If its not doing anything special in the gameplay then what games play like Last of Us?" It always shuts 'em up with a quickness lol.

Or tell them to explain why the gameplay is bad. They can NEVER give any logical reasons that are based in any seamblence of reality why

And you know why, because the gameplay in Last of Us is objectively GREAT.

Anyone trying to tell you the gameplay is bad, or that its just another shooter is straight up full of shit, or doesnt know shit about video games

So its funny how the new troll angle is becomining to just say , "meh it was boring" without ever explaining anything.

But we can see RIGHT THROUGH IT. Its disregarded on sight!

"Last of Us plays like a unique blend of a next gen ManHunt, MGS3, and RE4 all wrapped up into one....and thats the closest you can ever get to naming a game that "plays like" Last of Us lol

Plus the way the gameplay and story merged together so perfectly in Last of Us etc

Last of Us is just a god tier game."

Here I will say it again for you, since I feel the same way, the Last of Us is easily one of the best games of all time, and is my personal best game of all time. Naughty Gods indeed. Stay mad!

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 SelfReflect

@dbtbandit67 said:

It's looking like The Last of Us will win but Bioshock Infinite is more deserving.

Here is an analysis of both Last of Us and BioShock by a well respected and neutral youtuber

Everything Last of Us gets right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKzVwbs-lsg

Compared to everything BioShock gets wrong:

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc15KgfNJsw

Where ever BioShock Infinte failed in gameplay and story, Last of Us excelled

Ripsaw1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Ripsaw1994
Member since 2013 • 196 Posts

Game of the gen is Dishonored, sorry.

thr1llh0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 thr1llh0us
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

Errr .... I mean eight point oh, dude.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@lostrib: are you a spoiled kid? This thread has nothing to do with you.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 lostrib

@PinkieWinkie said:

@lostrib: are you a spoiled kid? This thread has nothing to do with you.

No, I'm an adult.

And you seem to have missed the entire point of the question

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 PinkieWinkie

@lostrib: No I don't think i missed anything

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By lostrib

@PinkieWinkie said:

@lostrib: I don't think

Well that's pretty obvious

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By PannicAtack

Before I continue the game, will it at any point give me a reason to care about Joel?

CatwomanIsKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 CatwomanIsKyle
Member since 2014 • 77 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

Before I continue the game, will it at any point give me a reason to care about Joel?

Interesting notion.

Quite unique, actually.

Does not like good games, and or well developed characters, is the only conclusion I can come to.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 PinkieWinkie

@lostrib: wow you are cool you can edit someone's post in a quote. Next time don't come in a thread pretending like you have some sort of entitlement and every thread has to include you. I guess mom still hasn't finished raising you, how old are you, 12?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 lostrib

@PinkieWinkie said:

@lostrib: wow you are cool you can edit someone's post in a quote. Next time don't come in a thread pretending like you have some sort of entitlement and every thread has to include you. I guess mom still hasn't finished raising you, how old are you, 12?

Still missing the point. I didn't come in with a sense of entitlement that the thread has to be about/include me. You are an idiot.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 lostrib

@PannicAtack said:

How far are you into the game? and why don't you care about joel?

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By PannicAtack

I'm still fairly early on.

It's just been revealed that Ellie seems to be immune because she got bit weeks ago and hasn't turned, and we're trying to escape from the military.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 PannicAtack

@catwomaniskyle: Could've provided an answer, but decided to be a wiseass instead.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#128  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Lol, that's some weak damage control.

"bu..bu..bu..only GS scores count" LMFAO!

Meanwhile in the real world, TLOU is the best game of the gen hands down.

Let me introduce to you....the System Wars Meta Game.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#129 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

Having also played the game, I can tell you... depends. The game goes for an ambiguous kinda thing where you can interpret the characters either way, especially towards the end. Judging by your current stance, I would say your final verdict of him is probably not gonna be a positive one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By lostrib

@PannicAtack said:

It's just been revealed that Ellie seems to be immune because she got bit weeks ago and hasn't turned, and we're trying to escape from the military.

Hmmm, do you dislike him? I mean it's hard not to feel bad for him after the beginning.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By PannicAtack

@lostrib said:

@PannicAtack said:

Hmmm, do you dislike him? I mean it's hard not to feel bad for him after the beginning.

Not so much a matter of dislike as a matter of… nothing, really. There just isn't much there that makes him interesting or sympathetic. I mean, he's got a dead daughter and he keeps the watch she gave him. That's something. But that isn't really much, given that (so far) it's basically one line of dialogue from Ellie ("Your watch doesn't work" or something like that). Maybe his interactions with Ellie will do more, but the story so far hasn't given me much reason to invest.

Like, the first actual gameplay thing the thing has you doing (seriously, the game would benefit from removing the prologue or at least making it optional on subsequent playthroughs) is him and someone going "Hey, this dude is here. We don't like him and we should pay him a visit, if you know what I mean," and so I follow the game on with that, but all the while I'm thinking "Wait. Why am I doing this? Who is this person I'm after? Why do I apparently hate him? What did he do?" And the game doesn't answer this until seconds before Joel and whatsherface murder him. I can get it if you're going for an in media res thing, but sometimes context is a nice thing to have.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 lostrib

@PannicAtack said:

@lostrib said:

@PannicAtack said:

Not so much a matter of dislike as a matter of… nothing, really. There just isn't much there that makes him interesting or sympathetic. I mean, he's got a dead daughter and he keeps the watch she gave him. That's something. But that isn't really much, given that (so far) it's basically one line of dialogue from Ellie ("Your watch doesn't work" or something like that). Maybe his interactions with Ellie will do more, but the story so far hasn't given me much reason to invest.

Oh, then yeah there will be much more between Ellie and Joel to come. And some very interesting later chapters. Also, just walking around they enter in some interesting side conversations

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 PannicAtack

@lostrib said:

@PannicAtack said:

@lostrib said:

@PannicAtack said:

Oh, then yeah there will be much more between Ellie and Joel to come. And some very interesting later chapters. Also, just walking around they enter in some interesting side conversations

Good to know. Still, for a game all the Sonyderps have been going on as the best game of all time perfect moving drama blah blah blah, the story could have a stronger hook.

Zaraxius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Zaraxius
Member since 2013 • 221 Posts

@Blabadon said:

He gave Beyond: Two Souls a 9.0, a score far better than it deserved.

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SelfReflect

The Last of Us just over took Skyrim as the most awarded game in history. Thank god. Skyrim was awful

The new #1 most awarded game in history (Last of Us) actually deserves it now. Finally the gaming media is right about something. Congrats Naughty Dog. So well deserved on everything.

Looking forward to your next sure to be master piece Naughty Dogs! Naughty Dog literally shits out gold nuggets of gaming awesome-ness.

Ive heard many others call Last of Us their greatest game of all time too, and I could not agree more with them.

I have been a gamer for well over 20 years and The Last of Us is the greatest game I have ever played. There is nothing that comes close

Last of Us has the most brutal, dynamic, intense combat gameplay I have ever played. Its deep, offers many options, and is challenging. I felt like a survivor fighting to live another day after each dynamic brutal combat encounter.

I also loved all the moments of downtime exploration. Allowed me to let everything soak in. I loved immersing myself in the environments and engaging in the environmental story telling. Collecting notebooks and letters and logs wich told their own stories too. I loved engaging in the in game dialogue with Ellie. The character development that was occuring there in game was just wow. I also loved scavenging for items. The item resource managment and real time crafting systems tied perfectly into the combat and that was also brilliantly done

What I really liked about the downtime too, was that it also provided a calmness, an almost sense of relief from the intense and thought provoking deep gameplay of the brutal combat encounters

At the same time that downtime would also intensify the next combat section even more lol....it was like the calm before the storm... and then bam that combat encounter would come like a furious storm and hit you to the gut even harder..

This ties into the next point perfectly....The PACING in the Last of Us was PERFECT....And just when you think the formula could be getting a little stale, Naughty Dog switches it up and changes up the formula dramatically in the next half. Last of Us is also the greatest paced game ever.....

Literally every aspect of the gameplay was awesome. There is NOT one thing Naughty Dog didnt do great with the Last of Us....and just the way everything fit like a piece of a puzzle....Amazing. The combat was sublime....and the game as a whole played and taken at its whole, it was revolutionary gameplay.....in conjuction with story....where everything made sense and flowed...Naughty Gods indeed!

You see the Last of Us also has the best story in gaming I have ever witnessed. best characters and character developement too. (Character development that also occured in gameplay by the way. Yep those Naughty Gods)

But damn....the way both the sublime gameplay and sublime story in Last of Us came together in such perfect harmony.....I mean....what else can you say.....Last of Us is a god tier game that cant be touched....and Naughty Dog is in a league of their own...

Naughty Dog with the Last of Us moved gaming forward and raised the bar in gameplay, story, and in being able to intertwine both together as one so flawlessly. Im sure Last of Us will go on to start another movement and "inspire" a bunch of copy cats like Uncharted did.

By the way, there isnt a developer more copied then Naughty Dog is, and thats all the more proof how truly amazing Naughty Dog is. Naughty Dog sets the trends and standards, others follow.

But when people in the future look back on Last of Us, they will remember it as the game that took gaming to new heights and started it all. Last of Us WILL go down as one of the greatest games of all time without question

What is bananas too, is that Naughty Dog the developers of Last of Us also were responsible for creating a movement at the begining of this gen with Uncharted

Naughty Dog is the greatest developer of our time and its not even in question. No other developer has been more consistent, versatile, and influential. No other developer has done in one gen what Naughty Dog just did in this past gen with Uncharted 2 and Last of Us (two all time classics that reinvented their respective genres, were dramatically different to each other, both released in one gen)

As far as im concerned, any one who doesnt like or appreciate Naugty Dog is someone who simply doesnt like or enjoy video games. Naughty Dog represents everything that is beautiful about gaming. If you cant appreciate Naughty Dog, you dont like games and you are dead to me !

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 lostrib

@selfreflect said:

The Last of Us just over took Skyrim as the most awarded game in history. Thank god. Skyrim was awful

Stopped right here.

So now the gaming media is credible because they like a game you like?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

4 hour long intercative quick time movie game 8.0 not goty

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By lostrib

@Jankarcop said:

4 hour long intercative quick time movie game 8.0 not goty

also not 4 hours

GGGoodboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By GGGoodboy
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

I will admit, im more of a cynical gamer. When a game has flaws I will tear the game apart for it

But even as cynical as am, I still ended up loving the Last of Us. Thats when you know a game is special lol

I especially LOVED the gameplay. The combat is deep, brutal, intense, dynamic, and I can keep going on

After finishing Last of Us its been hard to play other games again, because they all seem so shitty by comparison now. Naughty Dog raised the bar that high in gameplay and in story with the Last of Us. NO other game/developer has even come close Or has ever been close

The Last of Us might just be the best game ive ever played in my life and Im not even kidding

Well deserved Naughty Dog:) Best developer in gaming without a doubt.

Last of Us is one of the best games of all time

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

"b...bu...bu...bu....but only Gamespot matters!!!!11one"

LOL lems. TLHBO, TSHBO, THHBO.

Congrats Naughty Gods. 2 games in the top 5 of all time and game of the gen. *tips hat*

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 lostrib

@I_can_haz said:

"b...bu...bu...bu....but only Gamespot matters!!!!11one"

LOL lems. TLHBO, TSHBO, THHBO.

Congrats Naughty Gods. 2 games in the top 5 of all time and game of the gen. *tips hat*

who is determining this top 5 of all time that i keep hearing about?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@blackace said:

@lglz1337: Bioshock Infinite for me. Everyone has their own opinions. No one is right or wrong. lol!!

subjectively speaking, no, but in the real world where we need to talk objectively, last of us.

GGGoodboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 GGGoodboy
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

@selfreflect said:

mmo is scarce, bullets actually do damage, and the combat over all is very brutal and intense.

Last of Us isnt for the ADD addicted dudebros (like you)

Shallow AAA shootfests like Call of Duty/Gears of War may be more up yours and some others speed

Buddy I've been gaming since the Atari days, actually before. I don't really play CoD, or other multi-player games.

I just find TLoU to have some boring parts. I've finished the game, it's just not one that I'm interested in playing again...so try again with your dudebro logic.

Stop trying to act like TLoU is some kind of thinking man's game, because it isn't. It's basically a TPS with ksome stealth portions and a good story. Maybe try realizing that people have different tastes in games, and not everyone who doesn't like a game on your favorite system is attacking your plastic girlfriend, or your favorite game company...sheesh.

Calling Last of Us a basic TPS? LOL! Instant red flag.

You've never played it, and if you have played it, which I doubt, than it was YOUR fault for trying to play it like a shooter.

I still have my doubts though, because trying to play Last of Us like a pure shooter will get you killed A LOT.

Im going to go with youve never played it!

Or what difficulty did you play it at, assuming you've even played it.

Last of Us is a game for the the thinking man because: you could play it how ever which way you wanted to given the tools you had. There was challenge, and a lot of improvisation was key to the combat, which required you to think!

There were so many dynamic, tense, on the fly moments that could occur when playing Last of Us depending on how you played, choices you made, and how enemies reacted.

Whether you were playing cat and mouse with the enemies - or picking em off one by one in exhilirating fashion as you manuvered around, even using bricks or bottles as distractions etc...

Whether you had to improvise when your cover was blown in stealth and shit hit the fan, and you were able to come up with a different gameplan on the run - or on the go, and succeed - getting into a brutal brawl in a last bid to survive or popping off your gun with a defeaning boom etc....

Whether you were able to frantically lose the enemies when caught durring stealth, "disappear," re-think your gameplan- give the stealth another go and finally have the success you wanted....

Whether you just barely managed to get by an encounter through the skin of your teeth while on low health and low resources....

Etc etc etc

No matter how the cards turned, no matter how you chose to play, no matter what strategies you used, playing the Last of Us was pure gaming bliss ....some of the BEST pure gaming ive ever played or experienced. Last of Us has THE BEST gameplay of any game I have ever played BAR FRIGGEN NONE.

There IS NO other third person combat game that even comes close to matching Last of Us in gameplay... (or even comes close to having as original of a gameplay style as orginal as the gameplay style in the Last of Us is)

To recap, Last of Us has dynamic, intense, brutal, well thought out, sandbox-like combat, that perfectly blends survival horror with action, that is still challenging, and is backed by item resource managment mechanics to boot. What else out there is like it? Tell me!!! There is nothing else out there like the Last of Us.

(Oh and I almost forgot one thing! We still arent done! The Last of Us has such amazing gameplay, that I forgot to talk more about the industry standard Naughty Dog just set in GUNPLAY with the Last of Us too. Just like your bullets had an impact on enemies, bullets would blow you away and stop you in your tracks. Thus you were forced to continue to play smart and approach with caution at all times etc....but in still always a fun way....Now comprae that to a character in Gears of War who eats bullets with no effect like a walking tank. God, Gears of War has the shittiest gunplay ever)

The more you breakdown the Last of Us the more you realise just how amazing and revolutionary the gameplay truly was in the Last of Us.

Like I said, go ahead and tell me why the gameplay wasnt any good or wasnt doing anything special

Tell me why and explain so reasonably!

Youre response to the post above was laugable!

Not only did you NOT even attempt to explain away your controversial opinions regarding Last of Us, you jumped all over him for being a "fanboy"

I guess the millions and millions who also regard Last of Us has one of the grestest games of this year/gen/all time etc are all just fanboys too uh.

Take the hint:

People love Last of Us and it IS TROLLS like YOU who are the tiny minority on the interenet pissing in the wind of all the priase the Last of Us rightfully has earned and derserves. Youre opinions MEAN NOTHING.

For anyone else reading,

This is how you expose them. Just ask them, "If its not doing anything special in the gameplay then what games play like Last of Us?" It always shuts 'em up with a quickness lol.

Or tell them to explain why the gameplay is bad. They can NEVER give any logical reasons that are based in any seamblence of reality why

And you know why, because the gameplay in Last of Us is objectively GREAT.

Anyone trying to tell you the gameplay is bad, or that its just another shooter is straight up full of shit, or doesnt know shit about video games

So its funny how the new troll angle is becomining to just say , "meh it was boring" without ever explaining anything.

But we can see RIGHT THROUGH IT. Its disregarded on sight!

"Last of Us plays like a unique blend of a next gen ManHunt, MGS3, and RE4 all wrapped up into one....and thats the closest you can ever get to naming a game that "plays like" Last of Us lol

Plus the way the gameplay and story merged together so perfectly in Last of Us etc

Last of Us is just a god tier game."

Here I will say it again for you, since I feel the same way, the Last of Us is easily one of the best games of all time, and is my personal best game of all time. Naughty Gods indeed. Stay mad!

Beautiful post. Completely agree with everything:)

I also notice when xbot shills on neogaf try to downplay or discredit the gameplay in Last of Us.

Its just the vocal minority being the loudest (people who praise gameplay in Last of Us are the VAST MAJORITY)

Real gamers who have beaten Last of Us KNOW they are full of it and can see through the BS of "complaints"

Ive yet to see any of them legitmatly back up their complaints or narrative with any factual examples or logical reasoning.

Mean while, look at all the gamers who have beaten Last of Us who use facts, and use legit examples - giving many reasons as to why the gameplay in Last of Us is so great

Even the nuetral observes can see whats going on.

And yeah, Ive also seen xbots, trolls, haters here say "its boring" or its repetitive." They are always vauge, using generic one liners while never backing up what they say with any factual substantial examples

The reason why no one can bring up anything substantial is because there is nothing legit wrong with the gameplay....and when people nit pick or lie about the gameplay in Last of Us it exposes them further.

Real people who have opinions that matter unanimously praise the game play in the Last of Us. And at least there are posters like us to set those trolls straight too right:)

I cant say it enough, Last of Us has the BEST COMBAT of any game i have ever played, and its not even close. The intensity of it, the brutality of it, the dynamic nature of it...combat gameplay in Last of Us is simply unmatched.

Furthermore the combat is backed by item resource managment and real time crafting..

So FACTUALLY Last of Us is a gameplay mechanic driven game...never mind the stealth etc...any one saying other wise is flat out wrong....ive noticed a couple trolls try to say other wise. They are dead wrong.

There is also the fact that some of the best character development and dialogue happens IN GAME in gameplay:

•The in game dialogue during downtime exploration.

•The way Ellie begins to help you more and more in combat (throwing bricks and stabbing dudes) as you both become closer and closer etc

•And even as you two grow together in the story, the IN GAME dailogue reflects that also (as does Ellie helping you more and more in combat reflects that also)

So the trolls on neogaf who say Last of Us is an interactive movie like Ryse is, or say that gameplay isnt important to Last of Us are full of shit big time. Last of Us wouldnt work without its brilliant gameplay. The gameplay is just as important as the story. Thats what is so special about Last of Us. The gameplay is amazing, the story is amazing, and both only serve to compliment each another. Without one, there is no whole etc. Thats why Naughty Dog is the best developer in gaming too btw.

And Last of Us is a 20 hour game with only 90 minute worth of cut scenes too..

The Last of Us is gameplay HEAVY PERIOD. The Last of Us IS the most GAMEPLAY focused and gameplay orientated "AAA" game ive ever played. For a quick laugh just compare it to the shallow AAA mindless shooters out there like Gears/Halo/Bioshock.

Sorry for the rant haha. I was reading a recent thread about Last of Us on neogaf and the trolling and stupidity on display from the same old couple Playstation hating trolls hating... again and again....was insane. It came to mind as I was writing this.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#145 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Not surprising. TLOU is a damn great game. Anyone who's played the game can tell you that it was robber when it got an 8/10 here on GS.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#146 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

Why am I not surprised? TLOU was hands down the best game of 2013, and in my opinion the second greatest game of the generation after Metal Gear Solid 4. An absolute masterpiece that deserved every single one of those 201 GOTY awards.