according to NPD: wii software outsold 360 software in december

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintsRowSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#251 SaintsRowSam
Member since 2006 • 2807 Posts

i entitle this..."FACTS"

FACTS: ps3 and the 360 are made for true shooters and true games, not ninjabreadman or hannah montana

FACTS: the ps3 and 360 have amazing graphics and a sexy sleek design

FACTS: the ps3 and 360 have the best online, not some crappy online service where a game has to be delayed because of it

FACTS: the ps3 and 360 can both play DVD's ps3 plays blu-ray, 360 plays HD

FACTS: most developers concentrate on making games for the PS360

FACTS: MGS4, NG2, DMC4, GTA4, halo wars, little big planet, resitance 2, banjo 3, burnout, prototype, turok, COD 5. will be so much better than Mario kart, SSBB, and no more heroes

FACTS: ps3 owners and 360 owners are actually playing their systems instead of collecting dust

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

your getting too angry about this phoebus. accept your ownage like a man and move on.

or continue being in denial, whichever is more entertaining.

---OkeyDokey---
Excellent retort Socrates.
X_Evo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 X_Evo
Member since 2005 • 1016 Posts

i entitle this..."FACTS"

FACTS: ps3 and the 360 are made for true shooters and true games, not ninjabreadman or hannah montana

First have you ever played a FPS on the Wii? The controls are great.

Second Ninja breadman and Hannah Montana that is all the Wii has right? I guess people forgot PS2 was/still is shovelware king not to mention was the weakest last gen console and look at the games it got.

Wii is not sleek?

FACTS: the ps3 and 360 have the best online, not some crappy online service where a game has to be delayed because of it

What got delayed because of online?

Who cares? It's a gaming console which is all that matters.

Riiight you must not be noticing Wii is gaining support consistently.

FACTS: MGS4, NG2, DMC4, GTA4, halo wars, little big planet, resitance 2, banjo 3, burnout, prototype, turok, COD 5. will be so much better than Mario kart, SSBB, and no more heroes

SSBB is better then a lot of those games imo ..see that its my opinion just like that remark of yours above.
SaintsRowSam

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

i entitle this..."FACTS"

Real gamers ignore shovelware. And real gamers have PS360, AMIRITTE???!??11!?1

Games are better of judged by gameplay, rather than graphics and what the console looks like :lol:

This is the gaming industry, multimedia doesn't change the gaming experience.

Wrong. The Wii's support is constantly increasing.

Do some research. It's barely fair comparing a whole library to 3 of Wii's upcoming games. Typical ignorant fanboys.

FACTS: ps3 owners and 360 owners are actually playing their systems instead of collecting dust

Link please. Oh, no? Didn't think so. I could easily say PS3 owners just play movies.

SaintsRowSam
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#256 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

wow a fight between sheep and lemmings. how often does THAT happen eh? lol

anyway cool news for the Wii, Im sure SMG played a big role in this, its good to know that a good game had good sales.
at least some credit went to where it is due.

Fraquelli
It doesn't happen that often because the percentage of Lemmings who don't own Wii's is very miniscule.
SaintsRowSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 SaintsRowSam
[QUOTE="SaintsRowSam"]

i entitle this..."FACTS"

First have you ever played a FPS on the Wii? The controls are great.

Second Ninja breadman and hannah montana that is all the Wii has right? I guess people forgot PS2 was/still is shovelware king not to mention was the weakest last gen console and look at the games it got.

Wii is not sleek?

What got delayed because of online?

Who cares? It's a gaming console which is all that matters.

Riiight

SSBB is better then alot of those games imo

X_Evo

#1= remember when sheep said that??? remember a game called call of duty 3?

#2= name one game the wii has which isn't mario galaxy which scored a 9.0 or above on gamespot which was made in the last year

#3= not as much as the 360 and ps3,

#4= many SHEEP have said SSBB was delayed because of the online service and how they wanted it to run smoothley

#5= sony and microsoft are giving you more than you bargained for by adding DVD support, unlike the wii which makes it just "a console"

#6= insomniac, biowar, epic, naughty dog, ubisoft, harmonix, square, 2K, valve, bungie, rockstar, activishion, infinity ward, and much more. name over 5 developers that nintendo has exclusive?

#7= just proves that you're in denial

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#258 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

lol I doubt saintsrowsam can relpy to all of us.

thanks btw, srs, segmented posts like that are fun to pick apart

RaveRabbid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 RaveRabbid
Member since 2006 • 1587 Posts

http://wii.ign.com/articles/846/846606p1.html

Thanks to Matt Cassamina at IGN, who has full NPD information, we now know that NPD calculates that the Wii software total outsold the 360 software total in December.

Matt is a HUGE Nintendo fanboy. Its common knowledge so I take his information with little grain of salt (the whole Zelda TP is the bestest game in the whole world propaganda... pffft) . Full NPD information?? Where is this full NPD information? Do you have a link?? Does he provide a link?? Don't tell me this thread is bogus.

I'm not remotely suggesting the typical "change the figures Ioi!" banter (although clearly some games such as CoD4 360 and Wii Play will need drastic re-arrangement). What I am suggesting is that Wii software has now established itself; I have pointed out several times over the last couple months that the Wii's software totals worldwide have more than competed with 360 software, and that the Wii was not, in fact, suffering from a user base that avoids software purchases.

The above statement is avoiding the obvious by changing the subject. Nintendo games have always sold well. Its the 3rd party games that have the trouble. This has been going on for more than 8 years. Ever heard of the Nintendo curse??

Now, it appears that NPD is confirming and even surpassing my estimations -- the Wii managed to sell more software than the 360 in America last month, despite having 20% less units in the region. In the busiest month of the year by far. Even competing (say, within 25% of the 360's software total, with 20% less hardware sold, would be in line with 360 totals) would have been adequate to prove my point, but it not only competed, but bested.

Again, where is the link. I'm looking at NPD numbers from Gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/news/6184847.html and in the top 10, the Wii has

SMG 1.40 million, Wii Play 1.08 million (bundled free with extra remote), Mario & Sonic Olympic 613,000

Total 3.093 million

COD 4 1.47, Assassin's Creed 893,700, Halo 3 742,700, Guitar Hero 3 624,600 Total 3.7 million

THe X360 seems to have sold more software.

I'm sure there will be months in the future where the 360 software will outsell Wii software -- I expect GTA IV releasing in April (we believe) will be another example of that -- but as a general rule, I'm beginning to feel quite confident in saying that the Wii is not a software midget that will need some astronomical hardware LTD in order to match the 360's software totals.

Still no explanation or proof of his statements. Not surprising.

"bu-bu-bu teh 360 rules software sales :cry: "

yeah, wii owners don't buy games huh :roll: there goes another famous wii bashing line down the drain.

---OkeyDokey---
X_Evo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 X_Evo

No I don't remember, But try playing MP3 or RE4 .. like I said amazing controls

#2= name one game the wii has which isn't mario galaxy which scored a 9.0 or above on gamespot which was made in the last year

Ok so you got me? I guess on GS...

#3= not as much as the 360 and ps3, the nintendo is just like the gamecube except less cubier

Wii is far more sleek then the 360 :lol: no contest

#4= many SHEEP have said SSBB was delayed because of the online service and how they wanted it to run smoothley

Because a handful of sheep said it that makes it a fact? Truth is no one really knows why it was delayed.

#5= sony and microsoft are giving you more than you bargained for by adding DVD support, unlike the wii which makes it just "a console"

Well the Wii also cost alot less and offers backward compatibility as well as its virtual console as a gamer why would you need a built in DVD player? And yes I know 360/PS3 offers an arcade as well but like I said much cheaper.

#6= insomniac, biowar, epic, naughty dog, ubisoft, harmonix, square, 2K, valve, and much more. name over 5 developers that nintendo has?

Now I don't get this because a few of those devs also make games on the Wii?Such as Ubisoft. But ok 5 uhh SquareEnix,Factor5,Sega,Capcom,Ubisoft .. that is 5 yes? There are a lot more as well Not to mention Nintendo themselves .. I don't get your point?

Denial no, seems my post didn't go through correctly go back up and read what it was meant to say.

SaintsRowSam
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Erebyssial

No, who cares about CoD 3. The Wii's FPS controls are amazing now, look at Metroid Prime 3 and Medal of honor: Heroes 2.

Gamespot is not the only site that matters. They still gave RE4 9.1 though. Zelda TP and Metroid Prime 3 got AAA pretty much everywhere else.

Doesn't mean anything.

I don't think the reason for the delay was confirmed.

Gaming industry... We buy consoles to play games not movies.

#6= insomniac, biowar, epic, naughty dog, ubisoft, harmonix, square, 2K, valve, bungie, rockstar, activishion, infinity ward, and much more. name over 5 developers that nintendo has exclusive?

All of those devs aren't 1st party. The Wii's support is increasing because developers are realizing its success.

SaintsRowSam
SaintsRowSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 SaintsRowSam
[QUOTE="SaintsRowSam"]

No I don't remember

Ok so you got me? I guess?

#3= not as much as the 360 and ps3, the nintendo is just like the gamecube except less cubier

Wii is far more sleek then the 360 :lol: no contest

Because a handful of sheep said it that makes it a fact? Truth is no one really knows why it was delayed.

Well the Wii also cost alot less and offers backward compatability aswell as its virtual console as a gamer why would you need a built in DVD player? And yes I know 360/PS3 offers an arcade aswell but like I said much cheaper.

#6= insomniac, biowar, epic, naughty dog, ubisoft, harmonix, square, 2K, valve, and much more. name over 5 developers that nintendo has?

Now I don't get this because a few of those devs also make games on the Wii?Such as Ubisoft. But ok 5 uhh SquareEnix,Factor5,Monolith Soft,Capcom,Ubisoft .. that is 5 yes?

Denial no, seems my post didn't go through correctly go back up and read what it was meant to say.

X_Evo

okay to #7 you said SSBB is better than all those games i mentioned...be reasonable SSBB is not better than banjo, metal gear, devil may, or a newcomer resistance,

to #1 yeah sheep said the wii was the BEST console for shooting, then came along COD 3, then what happend buddy?

to #6 name EXCLSUSIVE to nintendo

to #4 pretty much show nintendo dosent give their customers answers when they have questions

#2 yes i know i got you, just shows that not any of the wiis titles on gamespot besides galaxy and i think twilight is AAA

#3 it might be sleeker than the 360 but not the ps3, and hey olivia munn licked the 360 and the ps3 but not the wii :?

to #5 sometimes customers dont worry about the price too much, look wii= 250$, 360= 279.99 (about 30$ more expensive), ps3= 399.99 the most expensive, but one cheap blu-ray player as well

SaintsRowSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 SaintsRowSam
[QUOTE="SaintsRowSam"]

No, who cares about CoD 3. The Wii's FPS controls are amazing now, look at Metroid Prime 3 and Medal of honor: Heroes 2.

Gamespot is not the only site that matters. They still gave RE4 9.1 though. Zelda TP and Metroid Prime 3 got AAA pretty much everywhere else.

Doesn't mean anything.

I don't think the reason for the delay was confirmed.

Gaming industry... We buy consoles to play games not movies.

All of those devs aren't 1st party. The Wii's support is increasing because developers are realizing its success.

Erebyssial

#2 gamespot matters on gamespot.com, and i said in the past YEAR, TP was in 2006, and so was RE:4

#4 so you worship nintendo, and when you and millions of other customers want an answer WHY, they dont give it to you?, touching.

#5 again better bargain., and hey it does have to do with gaming, when you buy a collecters edition of a game it usually comes with a DVD, hey now you have a dvd player

#6 omg! you're getting gta4????? dmc4???????, resistance2???????, gears2?????, bioshock????, halo????, COD4?????,rockband?????. omg!!!! yaya for you :lol:

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

You can bet that 360 and PS3 sales are going to cruch Wii software sales in 2008. Sheep can't compete with the Big Boys! :lol:

Avatar image for ItalStallion777
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 ItalStallion777
Member since 2005 • 1953 Posts
[QUOTE="ItalStallion777"]

i'm not trying to damage control or anything, i have both systems and like them both, but i see 3 things contributing to this. 1)wii sports-bundled with the system 2)wii play-bundled with controller 3)you could not buy the console separately this holiday. you had to buy it as a bundle which included around 7 or 8 games.

i know the 360 is also bundled with 2 games (premium version) but the wii holiday bundles were absolutely ridiculous. stores capitalized on the demand of the wii and tried to throw in many games into bundles that weren't selling by themselves.

---OkeyDokey---

wiisports sales aren't counted by the NPD, which is why it wasn't in the top 10.

i'm loving all the damage control in this thread (not you italstation)

some people even going as far as saying that its a lie :lol:

ok then, lets back that number down to 2 reasons. :P

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Erebyssial

#2 gamespot matters on gamespot.com, and i said in the past YEAR, TP was in 2006, and so was RE:4

So if a game got A at GS but AAA everywhere else you'd still say "We have to listen to GS."?

#4 so you worship nintendo, and when you and millions of other customers want an answer WHY, they dont give it to you?, touching.

What's that got to do with what I said..

#5 again better bargain., and hey it does have to do with gaming, when you buy a collecters edition of a game it usually comes with a DVD, hey now you have a dvd player

Anyone that doesn't already have a DVD player needs to keep up a bit.

#6 omg! you're getting gta4????? dmc4???????, resistance2???????, gears2?????, bioshock????, halo????, COD4?????,rockband?????. omg!!!! yaya for you :lol:

Zack and Wiki, Resident Evil 4 & UC, Medal of honor: Heroes 2, Trauma Centre: New Blood for 2007. For 2008, it's much better: No More Heroes, Okami, Final Fantasy: CC: CB, Tales of Symphonia 2, Baroque, Spore, Fatal Frame 4, Monster Hunter 3, etc. are all possible highly rated games. Oh, and Wii is probably getting Rock Band. See, 3rd party devs are realizing the potential.

SaintsRowSam
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Erebyssial

You can bet that 360 and PS3 sales are going to cruch Wii software sales in 2008. Sheep can't compete with the Big Boys! :lol:

PS3_3DO

I wouldn't bet on that.

SaintsRowSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 SaintsRowSam
[QUOTE="SaintsRowSam"]

So if a game got A at GS but AAA everywhere else you'd still say "We have to listen to GS."?

What's that got to do with what I said..

Anyone that doesn't already have a DVD player needs to keep up a bit.

Zack and Wiki, Resident Evil 4 & UC, Medal of honor: Heroes 2, Trauma Centre: New Blood for 2007. For 2008, it's much better: No More Heroes, Okami, Final Fantasy: CC: CB, Tales of Symphonia 2, Baroque, Spore, Fatal Frame 4, Monster Hunter 3, etc. are all possible highly rated games. Oh, and Wii is probably getting Rock Band. See, 3rd party devs are realizing the potential.

Erebyssial

now see here, sheep can remember titles like gears of war, bioshock, halo 3. cows can remember games like super mario galaxy, twilight princess, gears, bioshock, crackdown, and lemmings can remember games like galaxy, resistance, warhawk, uncharted. but those titles you listed my friend i will never remember, and more than likely are not AAA, or AA for that matter. and be reasonable, rock band is never going to the wii. the little machine dosent have any usb ports. so yeah no mic and no drums. looks like all you have is a guitar hero. :P

X_Evo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 X_Evo

rock band is never going to the wii. the little machine dosent have any usb ports. so yeah no mic and no drums. looks like all you have is a guitar hero. :P

SaintsRowSam

Last I checked the Wii had usb ports .. So you don't even know anything about the Wii :|

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Erebyssial

now see here, sheep can remember titles like gears of war, bioshock, halo 3. cows can remember games like super mario galaxy, twilight princess, gears, bioshock, crackdown, and lemmings can remember games like galaxy, resistance, warhawk, uncharted. but those titles you listed my friend i will never remember, and more than likely are not AAA, or AA for that matter. and be reasonable, rock band is never going to the wii. the little machine dosent have any usb ports. so yeah no mic and no drums. looks like all you have is a guitar hero. :P

SaintsRowSam

Why would you remember them? You don't even have a Wii. As far as I know, a game doesn't need to be "remembered" for eternity to be a worthy game.

gomanthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 gomanthethird
Member since 2008 • 438 Posts
So it will be interesting to see jan sales
BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 BambooBanger
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

yeah, wii owners don't buy games huh :roll: there goes another famous wii bashing line down the drain.

---OkeyDokey---

One Month....

...for a console that has had double the publicity and more sales than the 360 :roll:

Did he include WiiSport and WiiPlay, by any chance ?

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Erebyssial
[QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]

BambooBanger

One Month....

...for a console that has had double the publicity and more sales than the 360 :roll:

Did he include WiiSport and WiiPlay, by any chance ?

NPD = America, and the 360 has a higher userbase than the Wii there. And no, I don't think Wii Sports counted. It may only be one month but it was the most signifcant month of the year.

Vanadium2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Vanadium2k8
Member since 2008 • 1605 Posts
[QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]

BambooBanger

One Month....

Lol, damage control

"One Months..."

Yes, one month. But when the 360 outsells Wii software in October it requires flooding the whole board with "Wii owners don't buy software". But when it gets outsold in DECEMBER, it's "buh buh it's just one month :cry: :cry:"

"...for a console that has had double the publicity and more sales than the 360"

You're wrong, but let us ignore that for a sec. If you are admitting that the Wii will sell more software than the 360 because it's more popular. You are basically admitting defeat, as the Wii will always be more popular than teh 360. At least you were the only lemming to do so, kudos :)