Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

For example PS5 is running Demon Souls at 1440p and it looks decent. Doesn’t blow me away and looks boring as hell, but is visually better then most current gen games and performs at 60fps.

I laughed

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts
@Zero_epyon said:

That DualShockers article doesn't help either. It clearly says in the quote that it's upscaled 4K for PS5, yet they come to the conclusion that the game runs at 4K. Seems they don't understand the difference. In any case, this is expected for multipatform games. Heck even Demon's Souls runs at upscaled 4K for 60 fps. What I'm actually surprised about is that the Series X is native. I wonder if that'll have any performance impacts as we saw with RE3 remake on the One X?

yeah because sony has been working on there upscaling 4k for years now even after the pro and I heard it looks even better than the pro checkerboard. don't get why both consoles are using it. it saves so much on these console to do other things.

I expect digital foundry ps5 games will dip less under 60 because of upscaling and amd shift working at the same time.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Grasping at straws hard because you know Series X is shit. Who is this guy and why is he credible? The game was confirmed the same on both long ago. Lems can't let it go. Sad.

Geez dude, anything comes out slightly negative or against your narrative and BAM!!!!! you coming out with massive DC. You need to take a break amigo

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@tdkmillsy:

How exactly is not looking good going forward?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

For example PS5 is running Demon Souls at 1440p and it looks decent. Doesn’t blow me away and looks boring as hell, but is visually better then most current gen games and performs at 60fps.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

So who is this nobody and why are we listening to his fanboy tactics?

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@tormentos said:

@briguyb13:

But but but i am not a lemming.😂😂😂

What's your psn id and gamertag, gamer?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Oh this generation will be glorious.

I thought there wouldn't be differences?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy:

How exactly is not looking good going forward?

Maybe you should read the thread you are actually posting in and then you might have an idea.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

After hearing about how shoddy Ubisoft programming might brick my XB1X with Watch Dogs Legion, I am going to wait for others to take point on this first... https://youtu.be/KavHBokm704

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@regnaston said:

Saw a tweet by Gavin Stevens that said the PS5 version will be upscaled 4k/60

The site he links is in Italian but it quotes a Dualshockers article in the article is says

In a follow-up message sent to us by a PR representative at the publisher, this notion was also made clear once again. “I can confirm that Assassin’s Creed Valhalla runs at 4K at 60 fps on PS5 (upscaled 4K),”

Whereas the XSX version is reported to run at Native 4k60 (aka Full 4k/60)

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/mustafa-mahmoud/assassins-creed-valhalla-will-run-at-native-4k-60fps-on-xbox-series-x/

Interesting if true

I am guessing a lot of customers don't realize that if a console cannot render the image in native 4k, then the console will stretch the image to fit the 4k display.

This means that there will be loss of sharpness, much more aliasing and an overall softer uglier image.

The PS5 and Xbox Series S will be similar in that both consoles are not powerful enough to produce a native 4k image so they will be sending lower resolution images that are upscaled(stretched to fit the screen) on your 4k tv.

Only the Xbox Series X will deliver a full native 4k image to your display so there is no stretching or softness or anything just awesome image quality.

I have said this before, this only matters to those who have a 4k display and a good one that that makes more of a difference. If your tv is not that great or you just don't care that much about small differences then that's why Microsoft has the Series S for only $299 which is really dirty cheap.

Yes yes I know, the PS5 image will be less stretched than the Series S but both are still stretched out images and the Series X is native 4k in it's purest form to your fancy expensive 4k screen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#62  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

I am guessing a lot of customers don't realize that if a console cannot render the image in native 4k, then the console will stretch the image to fit the 4k display.

This means that there will be loss of sharpness, much more aliasing and an overall softer uglier image.

The PS5 and Xbox Series S will be similar in that both consoles are not powerful enough to produce a native 4k image so they will be sending lower resolution images that are upscaled(stretched to fit the screen) on your 4k tv.

Only the Xbox Series X will deliver a full native 4k image to your display so there is no stretching or softness or anything just awesome image quality.

I have said this before, this only matters to those who have a 4k display and a good one that that makes more of a difference. If your tv is not that great or you just don't care that much about small differences then that's why Microsoft has the Series S for only $299 which is really dirty cheap.

Yes yes I know, the PS5 image will be less stretched than the Series S but both are still stretched out images and the Series X is native 4k in it's purest form to your fancy expensive 4k screen.

Its utterly stupid to put the PS5 in the same category as the Series S. Don't be silly.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Xplode_games

@masonshoemocker said:

So the 12 teraflops and 52 CUs actually make a difference? Oh.

LMFAO, comment of the day!!!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@EZs: Superior audio? On which planet is a spatial audio solution that won't work as intended at launch better than a solution with Dolby Atmos which works as intended day one?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sealionact

@tormentos: I bought a PS4 specifically to play BF4 as it was a huge game which I invested 1000s of hours in....so yes, performance matters, and the console with the better specs will perform better....and that's why I'm going with an xsx at launch, and then a ps5 later for the handful of exclusives available unless they appear on pc, which is likely.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Chutebox

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: I bought a PS4 specifically to play BF4 as it was a huge game which I invested 1000s of hours in....so yes, performance matters, and the console with the better specs will perform better....and that's why I'm going with an xsx at launch, and then a ps5 later for the handful of exclusives available unless they appear on pc, which is likely.

I don't get it. If you already game on PC...unless your PC is no where near the Series X...why get a Series X?

I mean, you do you, I'm not criticizing, but I don't get it.

Avatar image for masonshoemocker
masonshoemocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 masonshoemocker
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@sealionact said:

I don't get it. If you already game on PC...unless your PC is no where near the Series X...why get a Series X?

I mean, you do you, I'm not criticizing, but I don't get it.

I have a decent gaming PC but I also play on a One X and have a Series X on preorder. Maybe he has friends on Xbox, he has kids who play on the Xbox and he wants to game with them or he likes to play certain multiplayer games and not deal with hackers for those particular games. Those factors could exist for a good amount of PC gamers out there. That's my situation at least.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 sealionact

@Chutebox: I haven't had a good gaming pc for over 15 years now, but there's a few games that I'm missing on console and I'm thinking of stepping back into pc. I have a little man cave upstairs so the pc goes there, and the xsx on the TV. Gamepass gives me games for pc and Xbox, many games I buy outright I can start on the xsx and then continue upstairs - at no extra cost - when the family wants to watch TV, and it just makes more sense than buying a ps5 for a handful of games and a pc when pc and Xbox are so well intertwined.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Chutebox

@sealionact: Gotcha.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

Series S will not do games in 4K their target resolutions are 1440P and 1080P

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 sealionact

@regnaston: That's what he said...."The PS5 and Xbox Series S will be similar in that both consoles are not powerful enough to produce a native 4k image "

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 regnaston

@sealionact said:

@regnaston: That's what he said...."The PS5 and Xbox Series S will be similar in that both consoles are not powerful enough to produce a native 4k image "

yes but he made it sound like it was a resolution they were aiming for on the XSS .. they are not doing that resolution in games, just media streaming

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

A lot of delusional lemmings in this thread per usual

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Not that surprising, will I be playing the game anytime soon? Nnnnnnope.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@kuu2: yes this gen will be glorious. PS5 will be the more relevant console, have the best games, sales, and online presence while fanboys will harp about possible unnoticeable differences. Think that's a win? Have fun.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@Sagemode87:

the shit fannyboys tell themselves hah

multi console owners will win next gen while 1 system sad acts come out with the shit you just typed...enjoy your sleepless nights hoping Xbox studio games you have chosen to miss out on because of emotional feelings towards another company get low metacritic scores

elder scrolls 6 shits in any game and franchise ps has to offer...facts

cows HaH

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 670 Posts

Don't care about 4k in the slightest.

Will it stop AC:V being another generic Ubisoft game - and this comes from someone who has bought them all and finished some of them.

Can someone explain to me how 4k will stop a badly written game from being bad and how a 1080p resolution will stop a well written game from being good?

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Already said so in the last topic about it. There is no way in hell PS5 will do 4k and 60 fps in this title not enough performance. And here it is.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Xplode_games

@jcafcwbb said:

Don't care about 4k in the slightest.

Will it stop AC:V being another generic Ubisoft game - and this comes from someone who has bought them all and finished some of them.

Can someone explain to me how 4k will stop a badly written game from being bad and how a 1080p resolution will stop a well written game from being good?

It only effects gameplay when the performance is stuttering for example but that's not the point.

The point is if you care about the little differences because you bought a nice 4k tv with great image quality, then Xbox has a console for you, Series X. If you don't care and maybe even have a 1080p tv then Xbox also has a cheaper console for you, the Series S.

Sony on the other hand says they are targeting 4k displays but they are really way behind the XSX. At launch they are having to stretch games to achieve 4k meanwhile the Series X is just sailing through.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Xplode_games

@regnaston said:
@sealionact said:

yes but he made it sound like it was a resolution they were aiming for on the XSS .. they are not doing that resolution in games, just media streaming

The XSS is targeting 1080p tvs I have said that before. But if you have a 4k tv doesn't matter which one, the XSS will upscale the image to fit the 4k display. So will the PS4, Xbox One and every console. But that stretching reduces image quality greatly.

My point is everyone knows that XSS is not for 4k displays. If you buy one it's because you don't care that much about image quality and you want to save money. It could also mean you own a 1080p display in which case the Series S will be native 1080p while the PS5 will be wasting power because it will be same res 1080p.

The Series S was built for 1080p and can handle them. On 4k displays it has to stretch to fit the screen and everyone understands that, that's why it's so cheap.

The PS5 was made for 4k displays and already at launch it is having to stretch the image to fit the 4k tv, sort of like the Series S. That's terrible if you're buying the PS5 to go with your brand new Oled 4k display. You will be disappointed in this case.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tormentos

@Xplode_games said:

The XSS is targeting 1080p tvs I have said that before. But if you have a 4k tv doesn't matter which one, the XSS will upscale the image to fit the 4k display. So will the PS4, Xbox One and every console. But that stretching reduces image quality greatly.

My point is everyone knows that XSS is not for 4k displays. If you buy one it's because you don't care that much about image quality and you want to save money. It could also mean you own a 1080p display in which case the Series S will be native 1080p while the PS5 will be wasting power because it will be same res 1080p.

The Series S was built for 1080p and can handle them. On 4k displays it has to stretch to fit the screen and everyone understands that, that's why it's so cheap.

The PS5 was made for 4k displays and already at launch it is having to stretch the image to fit the 4k tv, sort of like the Series S. That's terrible if you're buying the PS5 to go with your brand new Oled 4k display. You will be disappointed in this case.

If the PS5 is stretching the image to fit 4K tvs what is the series X doing on games like Watch Dogs that drop to 1440p?

🤣🤣🤣

What resolution was the series X created for again?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kuu2

Look at Sony Fan melting down already.

I thought there wouldn’t be differences? I thought we saw differences out the gate with The One and PS4 and not this generation?

All this talk about more exclusives, better online, and better games is just that talk. Past performance in a gen is not indicative of future gains. What is absolutely known is that SeX is better than the PS5 at the same price and games will be better on it day one.

Cry moar Cows.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@kuu2 said:

I thought there wouldn’t be differences? I thought we saw differences out the gate with The One and PS4 and not this generation?

All this talk about more exclusives, better online, and better games is just that talk. Past performance in a gen is not indicative of future gains. What is absolutely known is that SeX is better than the PS5 at the same price and games will be better on it day one.

Cry moar Cows.

lol u only come back to the forum when there's a lot of good MS news and a lot of bad Sony news.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 regnaston

@hardwenzen said:
@kuu2 said:

Cry moar Cows.

lol u only come back to the forum when there's a lot of good MS news and a lot of bad Sony news.

well I only come back around console launch time :D the rest of the time I play games.. perhaps this time I will visit from time to time LOL

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Cry moar Cows.

Basically every game had a difference on launch 2013 very few did not, contrary to how things are NOW.

There is an added bonus of 720p in 2013 was lol worthy, contrary to now been a little under 4k.

Worse the series X can't even hold 4k in several games already confirmed, hell thank god you didn't claim it was a true 4k machine as well like you did with the xbox one X or did you?🤣

But again if you didn't die because of 720p we certainly be ok with sub 4k, specially when many games on xbox are sub 4k confirmed already.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Sagemode87

@bluestars: it's been 10 years since Skyrim. Doubt you've been paying attention but Bethesda games haven't been doing well, big reason they were up for sale. Rely on one game if you want. PS5 will have many. The only one fooling themselves are you and Lems like yourself. You wouldn't have a leg to stand on without the Bethesda acquisition (which Phil won't just confirm they'll all be exclusive to Xbox). Just have fun with your console and stop being so thirsty to one up everyone.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@bluestars: it's been 10 years since Skyrim. Doubt you've been paying attention but Bethesda games haven't been doing well, big reason they were up for sale. Rely on one game if you want. PS5 will have many. The only one fooling themselves are you and Lems like yourself. You wouldn't have a leg to stand on without the Bethesda acquisition (which Phil won't just confirm they'll all be exclusive to Xbox). Just have fun with your console and stop being so thirsty to one up everyone.

Did this thread backfire a bit?

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Sagemode87

@kuu2: Better and more immersive controller, faster load times >>>>unnoticeable pixels. Side by side, you wouldn't notice this "difference" and you know it. Will wait for the DF comparison before taking random tweets as fact. Lems want to discredit everything then pull up random ass tweets as gospel.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#89 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

This power gap issue is getting intense.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 kuu2

@Pedro: Wait till Cyberpunk comes out and performs better on the SeX.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

@xantufrog said:

That's impossible - the power difference is nonexistent and devs will favor the PS5 anyway because reasons. Oh and my enjoyment of gameplay is directly correlated with the nativeness of resolution, so I will die on a hill downplaying any evidence to the contrary

Very subtle :^)

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Sagemode87

@lundy86_4: Not at all, this isn't confirmed at all bro.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Xplode_games: That was a huge wall of BS, impressive.