90+ PC Exclusive Games 2011

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#151 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Subversion Gameplay Presentation

Indie games are fun, sometimes a lot more fun than most big budget games! ;)

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#152 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Typical console only players coming in this thread to tell us all these games aren't worth playing because they've never heard of them. These are the very people that are the reason why innovation has completely stagnated within the big budget realm. Time after time I am reminded of how this forum is full of ignorant posters who throw out claims of elitism towards PC users when we are the ones who are making games that are less heard of, and are actually trying to push the industry forward with new idea's, successful.

I just can't get over at how many people will disregard a game because it doesn't have a huge marketing campaign thrown behind it. It's dudebro, or nothing for these gimps.

FGMPR

Exactly, all true too, and like I said, many games turn underrated because of this.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

[QUOTE="FGMPR"]

Typical console only players coming in this thread to tell us all these games aren't worth playing because they've never heard of them. These are the very people that are the reason why innovation has completely stagnated within the big budget realm. Time after time I am reminded of how this forum is full of ignorant posters who throw out claims of elitism towards PC users when we are the ones who are making games that are less heard of, and are actually trying to push the industry forward with new idea's, successful.

I just can't get over at how many people will disregard a game because it doesn't have a huge marketing campaign thrown behind it. It's dudebro, or nothing for these gimps.

mitu123

Exactly, all true too, and like I said, many games turn underrated because of this.

Not only underrated but also completely overlooked. This is especially the case when some later games are lauded and innovative and even revolutionary despite only ripping off these features and adding some extra polish to them (not only by gamers but also by critics) and only because of these "innovations" they are hyped AAA or AAAA. Thankfully some of these games get the praise they deserve, eventually. But too many games do not have this luck.

The Wii is in a similar situation, but nowhere near the same extent, Little King's Story was way too overlooked last year not only in SW but also by Wii fans.

The best thing I have ever done as a gamer was to give a lot of games that look like trash a chance. Many of my favorite games were discovered like that. Look at Subversion, it looked very uninteresting looking at the screenshots but then when you see the gameplay video, it looks actually really cool.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#154 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

Lol 75% of the games you listed I never heard of.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 VensInferno

[QUOTE="FGMPR"][QUOTE="VensInferno"]

devious742

Oh my god, tell me your trolling. Please, I want to have some faith that not everyone is as stupid as you appear.

just look at the games he's hyping...pure sequels from well known and heavily advertised franchises..

So your mocking and making fun of me for not knowing certain games that appeal to you. I dont mock the PC as I play MMORPG games on PC.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Only 3 looked interesting in the slightest. I'll stick to console exclusive :)

that's alot of info to gather from a name and a screenshot.

And a little bit of research.

I doubt you researched every game in his list.
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

MFDOOM1983

lol ignorance is funny

OMG im not ignorant! Truthly I havent heard of 75% of the games. I swear I haven't said anything about PC in this thread yet I get treated like im a lvl1 troll commenting here because I hate PC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

[QUOTE="devious742"]

[QUOTE="FGMPR"] Oh my god, tell me your trolling. Please, I want to have some faith that not everyone is as stupid as you appear. VensInferno

just look at the games he's hyping...pure sequels from well known and heavily advertised franchises..

So your mocking and making fun of me for not knowing certain games that appeal to you. I dont mock the PC as I play MMORPG games on PC.

Just like you were mocking the PC list? The "Lol" didn't help your cause.
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

[QUOTE="devious742"] just look at the games he's hyping...pure sequels from well known and heavily advertised franchises..

Heil68

Just like you were mocking the PC list? The "Lol" didn't help your cause.

Are you serious! I didn't mock the PC LIST! I put the LOL there because I thought it was funny that I only knew a few of the games. Not because I hate PC.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Are you serious! I didn't mock the PC LIST! I put the LOL there because I thought it was funny that I only knew a few of the games. Not because I hate PC.

VensInferno

By that lol I think you meant something like "haha, nice". Nothing you said suggested you were mocking the list. But there is a reason people are like that, because if you check a lot of the previous posts you see a lot of people with the mentality "I havent heard of it so it sucks". And then they mock the list for having put out lower profile games (that still may end up being awesome). Just a misunderstanding here that is all :)

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

Maroxad

By that lol I think you meant something like "haha, nice". Nothing you said suggested you were mocking the list. But there is a reason people are like that, because if you check a lot of the previous posts you see a lot of people with the mentality "I havent heard of it so it sucks". And then they mock the list for having put out lower profile games (that still may end up being awesome). Just a misunderstanding here that is all :)

Thank You for understanding. Im a PC gamer myself. I have been playing Soldier Front, Maplestory, Runescape, Flyff and Warrock since 6th grade :P So I get real upset when someone says im bashing the PC.

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

VensInferno

Thank You for understanding. Im a PC gamer myself. I have been playing Soldier Front, Maplestory, Runescape, Flyff and Warrock since 6th grade :P So I get real upset when someone says im bashing the PC.

deleted my post;) 99% console people in this thread were saying the same thing so sorry for the misunderstanding

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

devious742

deleted my post;) 99% console people in this thread were saying the same thing so sorry for the misunderstanding

Its Ok. I forgive you :D

FGMPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 FGMPR
Member since 2009 • 804 Posts

I see the Nazi mod's have been on the charge again.

Ragingbear505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#168 Ragingbear505
Member since 2008 • 819 Posts

Mostly likely 2 of them have a chance of receiving an AAA score.XenogearsMaster

Yeah. Everyone knows the big budget first party exclusives for consoles are pretty much guaranteed a AAA score. Like Gran Turismo 5...oh wait.

Ocid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Ocid1
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

Yeah and how many of them are games A LOT of people are actually looking forward to? Im not an RPG or Stategy fan so 90% of the list is VOID. Its nice to see some big budget exclusives on that list. Oh wait there are none.

And was it really necessary to include Battlefield Play4Free in there? I have it and its garbage. The only few games on that list Im interested in are Mincraft (already purchased), DOTA (hate RPG but its by Valve), and Red Orchestra 2 (almost guaranteed purchase).vkun

I don't normally bother posting here or replying to these threads but i have to say go **** yourself. What does a big budget have to do with anything? Yes i'm looking forward to a number of games on that list. Also what does ALOT of people looking forward to them have to do with either? If you looked at the list you'd see that no 90% are not strategy or rpg. Yes they are more predominant but they aren't all encompassing. This list isn't even half the exclusives either that are coming to pc.

Ocid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Ocid1
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

Stop trying to satisfy everyone and be honest. Budget does determine the quality of a game. More money means more time, resources, research, etc. Doesnt mean everything, but its not insignificant either. Most AAA games got the scores they did thanks to the money spent into developing the game. The abilities of the studio mean a lot too but dont try to play it off like money doesnt mean anything.vkun

No budget does not make a great game. Look at the indie scene both on the pc and on the consoles in the form of xbla and psn. Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Minecraft. Mentioning those cause i doubt you would have heard of any of the other titles i would point to or just shrug them off as pish because they didn't have a huge budget and marketing campaign going buy me.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]

The Dream Machine

SAGE_OF_FIRE

that looks amazing. point and click adventure right? is this already available?

Chapter 1 and 2 are already out and there will be five parts in all, the last planned for an August release. It is browser based for now, but I contacted the developer about a digital release (such as Steam) and they plan to release it as such eventually (actually unless I read the email wrong it sounded like Valve contacted the developer about a Steam release prior to me sending the email). Great so far and I recommend it.

i played the demo last night for about an hour and i have a question. what's up with the ilomilo reference? are they the same developers? i tried researching it today at work to no avail...

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#172 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]Mostly likely 2 of them have a chance of receiving an AAA score.Ragingbear505

Yeah. Everyone knows the big budget first party exclusives for consoles are pretty much guaranteed a AAA score. Like Gran Turismo 5...oh wait.

:lol: That was good.

Lets add Too Human as well.:D

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Heil68

[QUOTE="vkun"]

Stop trying to satisfy everyone and be honest. Budget does determine the quality of a game. More money means more time, resources, research, etc. Doesnt mean everything, but its not insignificant either. Most AAA games got the scores they did thanks to the money spent into developing the game. The abilities of the studio mean a lot too but dont try to play it off like money doesnt mean anything.Ocid1

No budget does not make a great game. Look at the indie scene both on the pc and on the consoles in the form of xbla and psn. Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Minecraft. Mentioning those cause i doubt you would have heard of any of the other titles i would point to or just shrug them off as pish because they didn't have a huge budget and marketing campaign going buy me.

I would also throw out DeathSpank, Amnesia, World Of Goo, Braid, ect ect all of which were not big budget games.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Heil68
[QUOTE="Ragingbear505"][QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]Mostly likely 2 of them have a chance of receiving an AAA score.mitu123

:lol: That was good.Lets add Too Human as well.:D

Lair, Heavenly Sword, Blue Dragon. Halo Wars, ect ect
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#175 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I'm bookmarking this thread. Probably the most I'm looking forward to is Shogun II: Ttoal War. I also still haven't played Minecraft and have heard a lot of great things about it.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts
Half those games were in "pc exclusives for 2010" lists.
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Feels good to be a PC gamer. DOTA 2 and Dawn of war 2 Retribution and Portal 2 will be mine. Might get Red ORCHESTRA and many more games if they go on sale on steam. Then the PS3 on the other hand to get Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Infamous 2. Feel good man.

BTW Dark Millenium will not be releasing this year.

Game-fu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Game-fu
Member since 2009 • 893 Posts

Why did i even buy a console this gen.:shock:

MFDOOM1983

I ask myself the same thing about all three.

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Awesome list... There's at least a dozen I just HAVE to buy... I must start playing the hell out of the games I bought during Steam sales, cause this is gonna be a busy year...

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
A really great list but a lot of those are TBA and not definite 2011 releases. Just saying.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#181 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Half those games were in "pc exclusives for 2010" lists. dc337

Really? Care to name the 40 titles that were expected to be released in 2010?

I won't hold my breath.

1Stark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 1Stark1
Member since 2010 • 688 Posts

[QUOTE="KiZZo1"]

Of course PC is going to have the most games, because it's the most accessible platform for developers, but quantity =/= quality.

CaseyWegner

this generation alone the pc has more high scoring exclusives than all three consoles combined and that's even without every pc game being reviewed.

That doesn't mean squat if you don't care for PC games though, which is crowded with strategy, MMOs, and RTS games.

Ragingbear505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#183 Ragingbear505
Member since 2008 • 819 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="Ragingbear505"]Yeah. Everyone knows the big budget first party exclusives for consoles are pretty much guaranteed a AAA score. Like Gran Turismo 5...oh wait.Heil68
:lol: That was good.Lets add Too Human as well.:D

Lair, Heavenly Sword, Blue Dragon. Halo Wars, ect ect

MAG, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, Crackdown 2.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

ok OP you have owned all the console fanboys in one single thread. I will give you this certificate.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

that looks amazing. point and click adventure right? is this already available?

lazerface216

Chapter 1 and 2 are already out and there will be five parts in all, the last planned for an August release. It is browser based for now, but I contacted the developer about a digital release (such as Steam) and they plan to release it as such eventually (actually unless I read the email wrong it sounded like Valve contacted the developer about a Steam release prior to me sending the email). Great so far and I recommend it.

i played the demo last night for about an hour and i have a question. what's up with the ilomilo reference? are they the same developers? i tried researching it today at work to no avail...

I honestly have no idea the devs might now each other or something. I think the main character in Dream Machine made an appearance in ilomilo or something.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#186 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

PC- The Metal

mattuk69

I'll give you props for mentioning Tenacious D's "The Metal". I love that song :)

Back on topic, I need to check the gameplay vids for those games. Nice list TC :)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Half those games were in "pc exclusives for 2010" lists. dc337
really? care to name them?
dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

[QUOTE="dc337"]Half those games were in "pc exclusives for 2010" lists. Kinthalis

I won't hold my breath.

I remember seeing Jagged Alliance 3 and Diablo 3 on a 2009 list. No I don't feel like going through them all but it is clear that a lot of them won't come out this year. Only games with specific release dates should be listed.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

[QUOTE="dc337"]Half those games were in "pc exclusives for 2010" lists. dc337

I won't hold my breath.

I remember seeing Jagged Alliance 3 and Diablo 3 on a 2009 list. No I don't feel like going through them all but it is clear that a lot of them won't come out this year. Only games with specific release dates should be listed.

Lol, that's 2 games. You should learn to back up your points better.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

[QUOTE="dc337"]Half those games were in "pc exclusives for 2010" lists. dc337

I won't hold my breath.

two games isn't half of that list...try harder
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
I think I just got a hard on when I realized Diablo 3 might be coming out this year.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

You can't kill PC Gaming.
PC Gaming will live on.
Microsoft tried to kill PC Gaming.
But they failed, as they were smite to the ground.
Sony tried to kill PC Gaming.
But they failed, as they were striken down to the ground.
Nintendo tried to kill PC Gaming Ha,hahahahaha
They failed, as they were thrown to the ground.

Bill Gates tried to dethrone PC Gaming, but PC Gaming was much too strong.
Pirates tried to destroy PC Gaming, but digital distribution was in the way.
System Wars tried to defile PC Gaming, but System Wars was proven wrong.

No-one can destroy PC Gaming.
PC Gaming will strike you down with a vicious blow.
These are the vanquished foes of PC Gaming.
They tried to win for why we do not know.

Steam!
It comes from hell!

mattuk69

Best. Post. Ever.

maoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 maoman
Member since 2004 • 268 Posts

awesome list. wish i had the time and money(mostly the money) to play at least 10 of those games. it needs some fighting games thou

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

:shock: HOLY **** **** thats alot of games!!!!

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="KiZZo1"]

Of course PC is going to have the most games, because it's the most accessible platform for developers, but quantity =/= quality.

1Stark1

this generation alone the pc has more high scoring exclusives than all three consoles combined and that's even without every pc game being reviewed.

That doesn't mean squat if you don't care for PC games though, which is crowded with strategy, MMOs, and RTS games.

but it does mean squat if you say something like quantity =/= quantity which is what was said and was what i responded to.

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

Better add Salem to the list. I'm getting tired of the standard formula that so many MMORPG's are following, if Paradox stay true to their ambitions then this could be the game I've been waiting for.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

Better add Salem to the list. I'm getting tired of the standard formula that so many MMORPG's are following, if Paradox stay true to their ambitions then this could be the game I've been waiting for.

hypoty
You start your character over when you die?
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

[QUOTE="hypoty"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

The way he described it seems like there won't be any grinding, it seems to be based on the players creations rather than their level. Unforgiving game mechanics in MMOs offer a richer roleplaying experience in my opinion. I'm interested to see how it works.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#199 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
[QUOTE="hypoty"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

Seeing as how EVE Online works in a similar fashion - I wouldnt be surprised.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Now there're Pride of Nations, Salem and Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword to add to the list. :P