8 month old Nintendo Switch just MATCHED Xbox One X week one LAUNCH numbers for UK..

• 137 results
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@lexxluger: Anymore questions? You won't answer any of my first questions.

How is Japan smaller if their population and sq mile area is larger? Furthermore what does the sq mileage have to do with Japanese people buying 80,000 switch consoles? You have not addressed any of this.

Now onto this 2 plus year old quote. How does me calling their market dying equate to me saying they aren't relevant? Markets rise and fall and Japan loves Mobile gaming. When did I say Japan is irrelevant or doesnt matter, as you clearly accused me of? You think me defending 2 companies that are being called sellouts to the west because their games arent being bought highly in Japan as they previously were is me saying japan doesnt matter? Lmao this is the biggest reach of lol bullshit ever.

When will you stop dodging and address my questions?

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@cainetao11:

You said Japan was a dying market, there is no explanation needed for that, like you said to me...man up and stop trying to spin.

And yes I did check and it does appear Japan has a larger area than the UK so I stand corrected on that. Happy :)

Now as for xbox fans saying Japan doesn't matter (no matter how they worded it) it is relevant for this thread so you can stop trying to deflect with excuses and trying to change the topic.

You asked why I used Japan the way I did and I answered that question. There are loads of threads with xbox fans making the same argument about Japan so you can stop trying to play innocent like you don't know the cliams. Discuss the topic and stop trying to deflect unless you don't have an argument and are only here to damage control?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44224 Posts

Well here’s what I have to say, congrats to both Microsoft and Nintendo. :)

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lexxluger

@Archangel3371 said:

Well here’s what I have to say, congrats to both Microsoft and Nintendo. :)

lol well, I can respect that.

That is good on both their parts. :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56143 Posts

@drlostrib said:

why would such a comparison be relevant

Nintendo isn't trying to compete with both Sony/MS, they want to do there own thing and Nintendo Switch isn't set out to get PS4 or Xbox One. The comparison is bogus.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 cainetao11

@lexxluger: It was a dying market....it has changed. Markets rise and fall and rise and fall. The quote is 2 years and 7 months old. Was the switch out 2 and a half years ago? Were the Japanese buying the wiiu at the same rate? Are companies sellouts because they see potentially higher revenue by attempting to make games that western audiences like more than Japanese ones?

Why have there been threads this year asking is Japan back? Or praising Japanese devs return to glory? Can't return ti glory unless they had fallen a bit.

Dude nobody believes your bullshit. You're the one who went to other subjects like Japan being called irrelevant in the past by people when your thread and stupid comparison got shit on. Then you tried to make it seem like your use of Japan being a smaller region was strictly in terms of geography but won't attempt to explain what that would matter to the OP. And that's because you were in truth referring to population but didn't have the heart to admit it. So you went on the offensive saying Japan is smaller FACT!! But wrong again so then you go on the attack with "oh so Japan matters now?" When I never said they didn't in this thread or in your attempt at ownage from 2 1/2 years ago. You're destroyed dude. You got shit on.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@davillain- said:
@drlostrib said:

why would such a comparison be relevant

Nintendo isn't trying to compete with both Sony/MS, they want to do there own thing and Nintendo Switch isn't set out to get PS4 or Xbox One. The comparison is bogus.

? The comparison is only legit when lems make sales threads comparing XboneX sales to Switch right?

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/80k-units-sold-in-uk-for-one-x-33417157/#62

@kuu2 said:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-11-13-xbox-one-x-hits-80-000-uk-sales-in-first-week

The first week sales of Xbox One X is over 80,000 in the UK, GamesIndustry.biz can reveal.

Retailers have shared data that reveal that Microsoft's new super-powered console has sold as many units in its first week as Nintendo Switch did in March (hardware figures are up-weighted 20%. Xbox One X raw data is at 67,000).

It's first week sales are also well ahead of PS4 Pro, which did a little over 50,000 back in November 2016. Indeed, it took PS4 Pro four weeks to reach the same number.

Of course, stock shortages of both PS4 Pro and Switch will have impacted the performance of those machines.

Looks like the One X is popular.

? C'mon bro, don't make excuses for lems.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56143 Posts

@quadknight said:

? C'mon bro, don't make excuses for lems.

I just think they been embarrass long enough, but at the same time, Lems didn't learn there lessons with the X1X so yeah, I went a little soft on them. Almost.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By cainetao11

@quadknight: But those comparisons have legit metrics. They are all launch and all localized to one area's buying of the consoles.

This is comparing two different countries, one with nearly double the population, one product in It's manufacturers home and the other in a foreign market. Don't try to equate that and this dude, it's beneath you. I get you're a cow but you're also intelligent.

TC has been shit on

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lexxluger

@cainetao11 said:

@lexxluger: It was a dying market....it has changed....

Dude nobody believes your bullshit. ..

lol so, your argument sure changed or "switched" but sad to see you're not man enough to admit to your own idiotic comments? Cool.

Japan was never a dying market or irrelevant only idiots made those arguments. The only thing that changed here is your narrative.

You're right, nobody believes your bullshit.

Now since I've given you your own quote and you've backtracked with your tale between your legs making excuses and deflecting like a true coward would do you GTFO and stop trying to argue.

Clearly you're not man enough to swallow your own bone headed posts you made in the past and admit you were wrong then you don't have any credibility to continue this discussion with me.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@quadknight: QwackKnitWit falling all over himself to try and discredit the sales of The X.

Hey Qwack my thread has zero to do with the sales of the Switch. Keep reaching.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By QuadKnight

@kuu2 said:

@quadknight: QwackKnitWit falling all over himself to try and discredit the sales of The X.

Hey Qwack my thread has zero to do with the sales of the Switch. Keep reaching.

? Dat predictable lemming rage after being exposed.

"? Bu....bu...bu....bu...but Japan doezn't matter!!1"

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By cainetao11

@lexxluger: If it wasn't a dying market why were there many articles in past years written about it?

https://www.theverge.com/2014/3/20/5522320/final-fight-can-japans-gaming-industry-be-saved

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/is-it-bad-that-consoles-might-be-dead-in-japan-1491062/

I'm on my phone otherwise I'd fill this with links of articles dating from 2007 to 2015, of how console gaming is a dying market in Japan. You're rekt, again. I didn't make this up. I read news and invest in stocks of these companies.

I already proved i admit my mistakes on the first page of this thread when I broke the news that you are wrong again about Japan being smaller. I wasn't wrong about the Japanese market having been in struggles. Or are those guys that reported it in the past as well?

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By lexxluger

@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight: But those comparisons have legit metrics. They are all launch and all localized to one area's buying of the consoles.

This is comparing two different countries, one with nearly double the population, one product in It's manufacturers home and the other in a foreign market. Don't try to equate that and this dude, it's beneath you. I get you're a cow but you're also intelligent.

TC has been shit on

excuses and yada yada...

Page 1 of this thread.....

@cainetao11 said:

@lexxluger: Prove it. Link to me ever saying Japan doesn't matter.

Post quotes of me or links to me ...

ok

Why Japan doesn't have a bright future in video games

@cainetao11 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

You forget 5... a good chunk of them sold out to the west (Capcom and Konami are especially guilty of this).

Yeah those sellouts. I know in my business I will stay working for a dying marketso my company dies as well. That makes a lot of fuckin sense

Page 2 of this thread

@cainetao11 said:

@lexxluger: It was a dying market....it has changed....

My best cainetao11 impression..

LMFAO...and that's all folks!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By QuadKnight

@cainetao11 said:

TC has been shit on

Ah well, I'm just here to antagonize lems in every way possible. It's the SW way lol.

Your lem bros would be quoting me if I made a sales thread too. ? It's only fair I do the same.

@Heil68 said:
@quadknight said:

Lems = Rekt.

“? Bu...bu...bu...but Japan doezn’t matter!!1”

and teh cloudzzzzz

? Completely rekt.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kuu2

@quadknight: The only thing being exposed here is your inability to read a thread and it's title. Unlike your boy band buddy Lexx who actually is hiding behind the Switch like you do with the PC.

Now go get your Rekt Raptor with mariaches meme.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By QuadKnight

@kuu2 said:

@quadknight: The only thing being exposed here is your inability to read a thread and it's title. Unlike your boy band buddy Lexx who actually is hiding behind the Switch like you do with the PC.

Now go get your Rekt Raptor with mariaches meme.

? This is a sales thread, PS4 is winning worldwide in sales by a large margin. Ain't nobody hiding from sales except for lems and MS. What are the official Xbone sales numbers to date from MS lol?

You're mad that I exposed you and your fellow lem bros. Sales only matter when Xbox is "winning" just like Metacritic only matters for lems when an Xbox game is doing well there. You can't keep flip-flopping with your damage control. You gotta stick to one damage control plan lol.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By cainetao11

@quadknight: LOL ? well no arguing that broham.

@lexxluger So no response to the fact the gaming journalists were calling japans gaming industry dying, huh? It never happened because you said so? Post pictures or that pathetic attempt at ownage to your baby heart's content. Journalists themselves wrote articles that backed me up. Poor little cow, thread got wrecked, got caught making mistakes, kept trying to change course of the thread. Just shit on you repeatedly.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kuu2

@quadknight: You're are too predictable.

Don't address the post.

Change the subject.

Insert same gif/ meme

We seriously need new Cows here.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By QuadKnight

@kuu2 said:

@quadknight: You're are too predictable.

Don't address the post.

Change the subject.

Insert same gif/ meme

We seriously need new Cows here.

? The same butthurt excuses from you and deflection. Cry harder lol.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

You know cows, every one of these stupid anti-X threads you create like this that is filled with fanboy nonsense that makes no sense or makes some moronic comparison that proves nothing, just further proves how desperate & shook you all are over the X.

Just because the X destroys the half-arsed Pro, that's OK... doesn't mean you have to constantly put sh*t on the console you don't like to make yourselves feel better :)

Or just go hide behind PC, like Quacknight. LOL.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01 said:

You know cows, every one of these stupid anti-X threads you create like this that is filled with fanboy nonsense that makes no sense or makes some moronic comparison that proves nothing, just further proves how desperate & shook you all are over the X.

Just because the X destroys the half-arsed Pro, that's OK... doesn't mean you have to constantly put sh*t on the console you don't like to make yourselves feel better :)

? What a meltdown. All this asshurt because I exposed your boy kuu2 lol.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol, is that you in the pic?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol, is that you in the pic?

? It's you and your moobs dude.

"? Leave my Xbone alone!!!1"

"? Leave kuu2 alone!!!1"

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 hrt_rulz01

@quadknight: Lol... I'm no PC gamer.

And I didn't say anything about kuu2, so as usual I have no idea what you're talking about.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Beats the ps4 pro sales, resorts to random thread about the switch( which is a new console not an upgrade )

Ive seen some sad threads on SW, this one takes the cake

PS Lex Luger the wrestler was trash

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50

@hrt_rulz01: i dont know why you even respond to him, its impossible to have a legitimate logical conversation.

His sole purpose is to troll SW

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@lexxluger said:
@i_p_daily said:
@lexxluger said:

Nov 15th 2017....Post #1?

Now you know you people triggered when they make an ALT account just to post bitter reactions to a thread you created.

Damn bro, I'm sorry I was just trying to make an interesting topic for the board because it was kinda dry in here, wasn't trying to make you go all Alt defense mode on me.

lol when you got people on here talking to themselves to make arguments you know someone butt is raw.

An alt accusing another alt how funny, and yet the newer alt rekted the older alt, that's some funny shit right there lol.

So...that's your alt, not surprised.

So because I rekt you, and now the alt/newbie did, it's somehow mine lol, sorry lex but unlike you I don't alt.

But thanks for proving you're at least an alt otherwise you would have denied it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01: You post from a PC do you not? ? Acting like you need to be a PC gamer to own one these days because you’re getting rekt.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50

@quadknight said:

@hrt_rulz01: You post from a PC do you not? ? Acting like you need to be a PC gamer to own one these days because you’re getting rekt.

To be fair I post from my tablet a lot.. but the PC is the superior way to use SW, more options LOL

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kuu2

@hrt_rulz01 said:

QwackKnitWit is definitely shook like the ALT hiding behind the Switch in this thread.

The Mighty One X is being compared to everything now.

PC, handhelds, I am sure some of these morons will be talking about phones comparatively.

One X derangement syndrome.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

Was tormentos your mentor by any means?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By QuadKnight

@FLOPPAGE_50: I’m posting from my phone right now lol ?

I post mostly from my phone or tablet

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 hrt_rulz01

@kuu2: QwackKnitWit.. lmao.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By cainetao11

@quadknight: ? It's you and your moobs dude.

ok that's funny LOL

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts
@cherrycola said:

So let me get this straight.

The Xbox One X sold more than the Switch in a region with half of Japan's population at a $200 higher price point?

If you accurately scaled this with price and population the Switch would have to sell 266,000 units in Japan to equate to the UK's 80,000 Xbox One X's sold.

OP is a genius.

I know this is a troll alt, but Switch sold over 320k in Japan in its first two days and over 80k in the UK in its first two days.

olart4618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 olart4618
Member since 2010 • 478 Posts

This thread marks a new low in SW.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts
@RR360DD said:

Switch is almost half the price

And less than half the console.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Is this the part of the thread where the Xbox fanboys wave a hand in the air and tell us this machine didn't have a two year hype train? Because, I love jedi mind tricks.

I hear if you close your eyes and repeat "Everything is okay" enough times, you can really convince yourself it's cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

looks like the xbox x is dropping the balll

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 FLOPPAGE_50

@Shewgenja: what? You ramble some weird ass shit

I know Xbox makes you salty, but don't let it ruin you

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1475 Posts

Imagine being this butthurt over a piece of plastic

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Xbox One X is DOA

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By cainetao11

@techhog89 said:
@cherrycola said:

So let me get this straight.

The Xbox One X sold more than the Switch in a region with half of Japan's population at a $200 higher price point?

If you accurately scaled this with price and population the Switch would have to sell 266,000 units in Japan to equate to the UK's 80,000 Xbox One X's sold.

OP is a genius.

I know this is a troll alt, but Switch sold over 320k in Japan in its first two days and over 80k in the UK in its first two days.

Great and the X1 and PS4 sold over 1 million in their first day in 2013. Big deal. People buy the consoles they want; the Xbox is the least liked world wide; comparing the numbers of a country with 67 million, buying Xbox to a country with 145 million people buying a product from a beloved company from their own country has been shit on by many here for good reason. The comparison is stupid.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Lems on full on melt down and damage control in this thread.......

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50: It's going to be okay. Ya'll will make it to 30 million soon. Then you can talk about how amazingly the Xbox has swept the videogame market since 2002.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 FLOPPAGE_50

@Shewgenja: lol you really think i care about that?

Poor delusional cowjenga, i just invested in the one X, sales or not i do enjoy this brand

Glad my choice of plastic box is making you slowly lose your mind though

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@lexxluger said:

In Japan.

Xbox One X hits 80,000 UK sales in first week

Media Create Sales: 11/6/17 – 11/12/17 Switch – 79,958

Does this have any relevance or does this mean nothing?

In this thread the 80k for the xbox one x launch in UK was spoken of as a huge success for the system and depending on how you look at it that may be the case.

It is, however, interesting that the Switch comes out matching those number virtually a week later; difference is the Switch has already been on the market for 8 months and the numbers are coming from the much smaller region of Japan.

DISCUSS :P

It is big because Microsoft sold 80k Xbox One X consoles which is a premium product and not supposed to perform like the much cheaper Switch that is selling like hot cakes.