79% Of Gamers Say Won't Buy Cheaper Xbox One

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Forget the sample size. The fact that they took data from 360 owners is the real bad news. Simply put, MS is failing to win back 360 owners nevermind expanding their market.

TBH, I believe there's some truth to that as I have yet to convert butttt.... the reason I went with the X for two gens is the games and if they NOW play their cards right, 'mI just about certain many of us will come back for the Halos, Gears, Forzas, Conkers erm, did, I just say Conkers? :P

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts
@Evo_nine said:

Well if they are fine with missing out on games, I don't see how they can call themselves gamers.

Casuals more like it.

Maybe your definition of a gamer isn't quite as accurate as you might think then.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

79% of NEARLY 1000 people isnt anything

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I am part of that 79% because I have 0 interest in the X1. It will get the same treatment the 360 got from me. I have yet to play a 360 and have no desire to ever play one. I do however have a 360 controller for me PC and love it. I actually like it more than my PS3 controller.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@Shewgenja said:

Forget the sample size. The fact that they took data from 360 owners is the real bad news. Simply put, MS is failing to win back 360 owners nevermind expanding their market.

TBH, I believe there's some truth to that as I have yet to convert butttt.... the reason I went with the X for two gens is the games and if they NOW play their cards right, 'mI just about certain many of us will come back for the Halos, Gears, Forzas, Conkers erm, did, I just say Conkers? :P

You're getting an XBone and all you are waiting for is a title to pull you off the fence. It's all good to accept this. You've had a rough year and much to consider. What would really shock me is if you decided Sony had a good conference and won you over so you wait a little longer to get an XBone than originally intended.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

@Shewgenja said:

You're getting an XBone and all you are waiting for is a title to pull you off the fence. It's all good to accept this. You've had a rough year and much to consider. What would really shock me is if you decided Sony had a good conference and won you over so you wait a little longer to get an XBone than originally intended.

Like I've always said ( well, at least when I'm being serious which is Rare these dayzz on SW lol ) it's all about the games so nameplate don't matter, if X, PS, Wii show and deliver must have games, I'll bite. :)

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

This article is a joke (but what can you expect form one of the top cows here) but I'm going break ti down for the fun of it

1) the survey was only 1000 people who are on a site called dealnews?

2) the article still shows MS platforms over Sony platforms but under PC. So according to that article most people game on PC, followed by MS, then Sony, then nintendo, Then "other"

3) this gem "We asked current-generation Xbox and PlayStation users how many games they've bought for their console, and a whopping 82% have purchased one to seven titles" so 18% of people brought 0 games or 8 games? what exactly was the point of this stupid statement?

4) the main point of the article is "State of Gaming 2014: PC Gaming Is on the Rise"

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@misterpmedia: Perhaps wait until a site that has more than you as the reader and a survey company that more than this site has heard of before you make a post about it...

I can find polls that say extraterrestrials influence the US Congress, but that doesn't make it true...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Shewgenja
@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia: Perhaps wait until a site that has more than you as the reader and a survey company that more than this site has heard of before you make a post about it...

I can find polls that say extraterrestrials influence the US Congress, but that doesn't make it true...

We can all find the past five months of NPD that say that it's true, though. J/S. You guys are so quick to torch the website, the poll, anything but face the music that MS has been DEAD silent about XBone sales since January.

So.. Whaddup?

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

and the lems are nowhere to be found.

this war is kinda boring

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

internet poll.

you search for Xbox sucks on youtube, vs ps4 sucks, you will find xbox sucks videos easily have double the views. There is a small, but vocal segment of online children, that really like the ps4.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 misterpmedia

@StormyJoe said:

Please give me their traffic details about how many unique visits cinema blend gets and prove to me that they're all me, I'll get a book as you'll be a while. Until then you can quit the wishy washy snark comments as theyhavenopowerhere.gif. Please think about your comments before you make a comment about it...

Never said you couldn't. Doesn't mean you would.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

they polled less than a 1000, that doesn't reflect anything in the real world considering MS has already sold 4.5 million.

Less than a 100 people, yeah....thats legit,lol

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@shawn30 said:

Expected as anyone who wants a One will wait for the June price drop.

Oh? and if not, what then?

Like any company that sells any product, the parent company must sell it. Some people just don't want a One like I don't want a PS4. But when a game releases that I do want, then I will buy it. The onus is on MS to sell this thing at E3, but the price drop will help. Not predicting it will leap past the PS4, but will help sales grow as the games arrive.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I don't think I will buy MS console this Gen. I never like their exclusive and Multiplats are alot weaker this Gen, so I see no point of buying one that is unless somehow they get Shenmue 3!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@misterpmedia: LMAO @CinamaBlend link. Everyone know they are a biased trolling website.

What's even funnier is the article on Dealnews.com

They have a survey that says: Which Platform Do You Predominantly Use For Gaming?

11% Something else, 24% PS3/PS4, 26% Xbox 360/XB1, 39% PC. LMAO!! Thread backfired.

No one knows who they surveyed and how many people were surveyed. If this survey was done in Japan, England or some other foreign country of course the results would be tainted. In any case, I'd like to see the survey be done again AFTER the E3.

@clr84651 said:

Although this is VG Chartz, this is a bad sign for MS. Weekly hardware chart 31st of May.

The PS4 outsold the X1 3-1 in the U.S. & 4-1 worldwide.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

You do realize that everyone is waiting for the new $399 XB1 SKU right? Check the figures again after Jun 9th. Gamers who don't want Kinect will run out and get the $399 XB1, especially after they see what's coming at the E3. Hehehe!!

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Evo_nine said:

that's my point douchebag. Cows claiming ownage because 790 of them aren't buying an xbox.

like I said, who give a crap, they are the ones missing out.

Missing out on a gimped cable box with no games? Not really.

And a nice big LOL at you for failing to understand statistics. :)

Clearly you don't understand statistics, there is no way a Poll with less than a 1000 people reflects anything close to reality, it's Far too small a subsection of people and thats without factoring in other variables like location, who these people where, what kind of financial position they where in.

Sorry dude, but nobodys buying the results of a survey with less than a thousand people polled especially when MS has already sold 4.5 million Xbones.

Statistics

a. the classification and interpretation of such data in accordance with probability theory and the application of methods such as hypothesis testing to them.

Notice the phrases probabilty, theory and hypothesis

None of these words= Fact dude.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#68 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

TLHBO

Awesome!!! LOL

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

I want a Sunset themed xbone(full of colours) or a Pink xbone. If that doesn't happen I'll wait for a revision at $350, and get it painted.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#70 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I'll be getting one to accompany my Wii U before too long. After that I'll be good to go for awhile.

The PS4 will no doubt have some games I want, such as Project Beast, but I can only handle so much of sharing most of the same games and shitty policies with online subs, etc. It seems more pointless than ever to own both systems from Microsoft and Sony and I imagine that many with a PS4 feel the same way when looking at the Xbox One.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#71  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@delta3074 said:

they polled less than a 1000, that doesn't reflect anything in the real world considering MS has already sold 4.5 million.

You do realize that many polls for Presidential elections use sample sizes of about 1000, right? PPP, one of the most accurate pollsters of the last election, used sample sizes of about a 1000 to represent the entire electorate. As long as the sample was random, I see no reason why even a bit less than 1000 would not work for this particular purpose. This whole "1000 people cant represent millions" logic just shows a profound lack of understanding about how statistics work.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By misterpmedia

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia: LMAO @CinamaBlend link. Everyone know they are a biased trolling website.

I'd like to see the survey be done again AFTER the E3.

Do tell.

Don't remember making a comment condoning the article, just posted it because someone requested it and it looked like it would rustle some jimmies and it certainly has.

Oh? You think the percentage of people not interested will increase after E3 then? Seems plausible I guess. Especially after they see what's coming at the E3. Hehehe.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Wow, a whopping 927 participants only from the readers of DealNews

Doesn't seem like that great a survey

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

You can't call them gamers then.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#75 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

@lostrib said:

Wow, a whopping 927 participants only from the readers of DealNews

Doesn't seem like that great a survey

LOL

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lostrib
@GravityX said:

why not?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lostrib

@GreySeal9 said:

@delta3074 said:

You do realize that many polls for Presidential elections use sample sizes of about 1000, right? PPP, one of the most accurate pollsters of the last election, used sample sizes of about a 1000 to represent the entire electorate. As long as the sample was random, I see no reason why even a bit less than 1000 would not work for this particular purpose. This whole "1000 people cant represent millions" logic just shows a profound lack of understanding about how statistics work.

But the most information they give on the sample is that it's from their readers, that doesn't seem like a random sampling

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 misterpmedia

@GravityX said:

Lets hear your definition.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
@Evo_nine said:

I fail to see what I don't understand.

Of course you don't.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#81  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@lostrib said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@delta3074 said:

But the most information they give on the sample is that it's from their readers, that doesn't seem like a random sampling

Yes, that the sample is from a single source does make it suspect (tho I wouldn't say that its automatically not random; that being said, the randomness might be compromised if there is something about their readership that introduces bias), but I'm just so tired of hearing this "they only polled 1000" BS. I'm probably more annoyed by those comments than I should be, but still...

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

And here comes the "polls are rigged!!!" losers. Classic.

@blackace said:

They have a survey that says: Which Platform Do You Predominantly Use For Gaming?

11% Something else, 24% PS3/PS4, 26% Xbox 360/XB1, 39% PC. LMAO!! Thread backfired.

Consider the 360 sold more than the PS3 in the US, it's no surprise. Actually, I'm surprised it's that close already. I guess people with no intention of moving to current gen aren't even sticking with the 360.

You do realize that everyone is waiting for the new $399 XB1 SKU right? Check the figures again after Jun 9th. Gamers who don't want Kinect will run out and get the $399 XB1, especially after they see what's coming at the E3. Hehehe!!

Cos the pre-order charts are lighting up with Kinectless Xbones.

Ports and indies? Great.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lostrib

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Consider the 360 sold more than the PS3 in the US, it's no surprise. Actually, I'm surprised it's that close already. I guess people with no intention of moving to current gen aren't even sticking with the 360.

Cos the pre-order charts are lighting up with Kinectless Xbones.

Ports and indies? Great.

No, that's the PS4 library

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@delta3074 said:

Clearly you don't understand statistics, there is no way a Poll with less than a 1000 people reflects anything close to reality, it's Far too small a subsection of people and thats without factoring in other variables like location, who these people where, what kind of financial position they where in.

LOL yes they do. Most political polls are done with around that number. What matters is if the sample is representative. Considering how low the Kinectless Xbone is on pre-order charts and the amount of "megatons" MS feels the need to keep dropping, it looks like it's OK.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lostrib

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@delta3074 said:

LOL yes they do. Most political polls are done with around that number. What matters is if the sample is representative. Considering how low the Kinectless Xbone is on pre-order charts and the amount of "megatons" MS feels the need to keep dropping, it looks like it's OK.

Okay, so where is the sample information?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@delta3074 said:

Dealnews will have that information. Go and ask them. :)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lostrib

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@delta3074 said:

Dealnews will have that information. Go and ask them. :)

and it says it is a survey taken by their readers, so how is that a representative sample? Unless they provide statistics on the sample size

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#88 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

that will change in time

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

Looks like there are still a few diehard Xbox fans who are clinging to the fantasy that there are tens of millions of Xbox fans out there just waiting buy Xbox Ones.

The Xbox One bombing in sales shouldn't surprise anyone. Microsoft is returning to their natural installed base levels that were massively inflated by the RRoD fiasco and all the other absurd hardware problems that lead the niche Xbox fanbase to go out and buy 3,4,5+ duplicate Xbox 360s.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Eh, frankly I don't find much all that great about the XBox One or the PS4 right now. Hopefully, E3 will have some good announcements for both systems.

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

Well at least we can be sure that 79% of gamers are smart people.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 StormyJoe

@Shewgenja said:
@StormyJoe said:

We can all find the past five months of NPD that say that it's true, though. J/S. You guys are so quick to torch the website, the poll, anything but face the music that MS has been DEAD silent about XBone sales since January.

So.. Whaddup?

There is certainly a case to be made that the XB1 is not meeting sales expectations. However, in this case, I can hardly consider a poll by a company I have never heard of listed on a site that I have never heard of constituting a lack of demand for a reduced-priced XB1.

As I pointed out, you can find fallacious polls that say whatever you want.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 StormyJoe

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

Please give me their traffic details about how many unique visits cinema blend gets and prove to me that they're all me, I'll get a book as you'll be a while. Until then you can quit the wishy washy snark comments as theyhavenopowerhere.gif. Please think about your comments before you make a comment about it...

Never said you couldn't. Doesn't mean you would.

Point is, I doubt anyone but you has ever even heard of that site. What, were you trolling for polls via google search and stumbled upon it?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#95 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

79% of NEARLY 1000 people isnt anything

When you are grasping for straws it's EVERYTHING.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By misterpmedia

@StormyJoe said:

Point is, I doubt anyone but you has ever even heard of that site. What, were you trolling for polls via google search and stumbled upon it?

Read the OP and you'd know. If that was your point then it wasn't a good one.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

I'd like to see the survey be done again AFTER the E3.

Do tell.

Don't remember making a comment condoning the article, just posted it because someone requested it and it looked like it would rustle some jimmies and it certainly has.

Oh? You think the percentage of people not interested will increase after E3 then? Seems plausible I guess. Especially after they see what's coming at the E3. Hehehe.

No, I think the people who WILL BE INTERESTED IN XB1 WILL INCREASE after seeing Microsoft's E3 conference.

@gfxpipeline said:

Looks like there are still a few diehard Xbox fans who are clinging to the fantasy that there are tens of millions of Xbox fans out there just waiting buy Xbox Ones.

The Xbox One bombing in sales shouldn't surprise anyone. Microsoft is returning to their natural installed base levels that were massively inflated by the RRoD fiasco and all the other absurd hardware problems that lead the niche Xbox fanbase to go out and buy 3,4,5+ duplicate Xbox 360s.

There are over 82 million Xbox 360 gamers. So... yeah, there might be a little more then 10 million waiting to get an XB1. lmao!! The XB1 is the 3rd fastest selling game console in gaming history, so..I don't think the sales are bombing. Did you even do any research before you started typing. Have we forgotten XB1 is still only in 13 countries compared to 43 countries for the PS4? June and Sept are going to be interesting months for sales.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By misterpmedia

@blackace said:

No, I think the people who WILL BE INTERESTED IN XB1 WILL INCREASE after seeing Microsoft's E3 conference.

Deliciously debatable. Especially since the increase will immediately decrease after seeing Sony's E3 conference hours later haha.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Shewgenja

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:
@StormyJoe said:

So.. Whaddup?

There is certainly a case to be made that the XB1 is not meeting sales expectations. However, in this case, I can hardly consider a poll by a company I have never heard of listed on a site that I have never heard of constituting a lack of demand for a reduced-priced XB1.

As I pointed out, you can find fallacious polls that say whatever you want.

I joke and jest a lot, but I honestly think anyone who hasn't decided which one to get yet is waiting to see what happens at E3.