79% Of Gamers Say Won't Buy Cheaper Xbox One

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Requested by @bublover1(who for some reason I can't tag) via PM.

Sauce

More info on the survey in question

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

MS has some serious SERIOUS negatives to work out when it comes to the XBone. Not the least of which is their reputation for being in bed with the NSA.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

It depends where and who you poll the question to for instance, here at Cowspot, the results would be 99% won't buy The One for as little as a buck two fitty. :P

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

I will one day

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shewgenja

@SecretPolice said:

It depends where and who you poll the question to for instance, here at Cowspot, the results would be 99% won't buy The One for as little as a buck two fitty. :P

I've noticed that XBox seems to be more of a thing in fly over states than in major urban areas. Could be a cultural thing, I suppose.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Doesn't surprise me

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

The PS4 is outselling the X1 everywhere. It has nothing to do with GS.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 misterpmedia

@onewiththegame said:

I will one day

Me too, when it finally gets games worth wanting.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

I've noticed that XBox seems to be more of a thing in fly over states than in major urban areas. Could be a cultural thing, I suppose.

900+ people were polled, but MS as already sold likely 4.5 million so far, so they're selling fine. Gotta have a great E3 and solid Fall launch. Poll's like that don't reveal much as we aren't privy to how they were polled or where they were found, only the number that were. MS has its work cut out for them no doubt, but 6 months in a solid E3 and their price cut will improve things going forward.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice

@Shewgenja:

Eh, I dunno, I'm thinking much will Change in the coming months - seems to be changing a lil bit already - we shall see, in the end, it's all about the games baby and me thinks MS knew that in 2005 then forgot but seems to have now got the message once again.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 misterpmedia

@SecretPolice said:

Tell us all how you really feel.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

TLHBO

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clr84651

Although this is VG Chartz, this is a bad sign for MS. Weekly hardware chart 31st of May.

The PS4 outsold the X1 3-1 in the U.S. & 4-1 worldwide.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

This is the end of the xbox.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice

@misterpmedia: @misterpmedia:

Oh C'mon man, no serious person here could argue that the SW barnyard is loaded with cows heck, one can hardly walk the yard without stepping in cow pie. :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I bought one. It will offer enough exclusives over it's lifetime to hopefully justify the price.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shewgenja

@SecretPolice said:

@Shewgenja:

Eh, I dunno, I'm thinking much will Change in the coming months - seems to be changing a lil bit already - we shall see, in the end, it's all about the games baby and me thinks MS knew that in 2005 then forgot but seems to have now got the message once again.

I think we'll find out a lot about the XBones future from May's NPD result. Whether the consumer is really price conscious when it comes to the XBone or other factors. All of the people I talk to (and yes, I do have a lot of friends who were pro-XBox last gen) say that the price tag was just insult to injury. Even at $400, the PS4 is the better games machine and that seems to be the trump card in the end.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#18  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Not particularly surprised. While I'm almost certain the Xbox One is not the terrible console cows make it out to be, it feels very pointless in what is largely a multiplat-centric industry. The 360 had some important practical advantages such as a superior online experience, a better controller, and better multiplats, but this gen most of those advantages have seemed to completely melt away, particularly the multiplat edge. Furthermore, PlayStation finally has a controller that's actually comfortable, so there's not really an advantage there either. And while it's safe to say that Forza and Halo will probably continue to be far superior to Gran Turismo and Sony FPSs, milked franchises hardly make the Xbox One enticing.

That being said, PS4 is not particularly appealing either, but I think that mainly has to do with it currently having a shit library rather than any long term issue.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clr84651

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

@Shewgenja:

I think we'll find out a lot about the XBones future from May's NPD result. Whether the consumer is really price conscious when it comes to the XBone or other factors. All of the people I talk to (and yes, I do have a lot of friends who were pro-XBox last gen) say that the price tag was just insult to injury. Even at $400, the PS4 is the better games machine and that seems to be the trump card in the end.

The people that I know that bought 360 last gen have all bought the PS4, which is 5/5 switched.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Does anyone even look at amazon pre-order? its been what? two or over two weeks now since the $400 SKU announcement? the pre-order for that console never hit top 20 on any amazon site out there

if thats isnt clear that people dont want one i dont know what is

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

@Shewgenja:

I'll say this, I haven't made the move and likely won't unless I get a game packed in for the 400 bones or a stand alone for about $350.00. That goes for the PS4 as well.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@clr84651 said:

Although this is VG Chartz, this is a bad sign for MS. Weekly hardware chart 31st of May.

Expected as anyone who wants a One will wait for the June price drop. A great E3 and the price drop will help going forward. But May will be brutal.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shewgenja

@finalstar2007 said:

Does anyone even look at amazon pre-order? its been what? two or over two weeks now since the $400 SKU announcement? the pre-order for that console never hit top 20 on any amazon site out there

if thats isnt clear that people dont want one i dont know what is

Pretty much that. There's always the Wal-Mart crowd, though. They could save the day for the XBone.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By misterpmedia

@SecretPolice said:

@misterpmedia:

Oh C'mon man, no serious person here could argue that the SW barnyard is loaded with cows heck, one can hardly walk the yard without stepping in cow pie. :P

Maybe lems are more easily subdued than cows are? Perhaps MS knows that 3 fingered grip to a special lemming pressure point to calm you down if they **** anything up. If MS does something bad lems'll just....take it with out making any noise. Therefore less likely to argue or make a fuss. Probably some special brand of console Stockholm syndrome. That's how I see it anyway. makes you all boring for a system wars board too.

Or............maybe former 360lems are just not that interested in the 'bone? Food for thought.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No surprises there.

Why would anyone buy and inferior console in every way?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

LOOK EVERYONE! Statistics!

Urgh, i'll just wait to see what happens when they announce sales. For the record, i'm a pc gamer, and that second link takes to a article about pc gaming being on rise.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

If they get some good exclusive games that I can only play on the Xbone. Then and only then will I buy one.

Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

I just can't wait for E3, I think both companies will have a pretty beasty show.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SecretPolice

@misterpmedia said:

@SecretPolice said:

@misterpmedia:

Maybe lems are more easily subdued than cows are? Perhaps MS knows that 3 fingered grip to a special lemming pressure point to calm you down if they **** anything up. If MS does something bad lems'll just....take it with out making any noise. Therefore less likely to argue or make a fuss. Probably some special brand of console Stockholm syndrome. That's how I see it anyway. makes you all boring for a system wars board too.

Or............maybe former 360lems are just not that interested in the 'bone? Food for thought.

Nah, I'd say it's more likely from mah observations here that adults tend to be more of a fan of the X brand and teenagers tend to migrate to the PS brand...

fool for thought. :P

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GreySeal9

@misterpmedia said:

@SecretPolice said:

@misterpmedia:

This is just as applicable to you cows. You guys have been very quiet about Sony doing things you gave MS endless flak for last gen.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GreySeal9

@SecretPolice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@SecretPolice said:

@misterpmedia:

Nah, I'd say it's more likely from mah observations here that adults tend to be more of a fan of the X brand and teenagers tend to migrate to the PS brand...

Riiiiiiiiight....

lol

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SecretPolice

@GreySeal9 said:

@SecretPolice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@SecretPolice said:

@misterpmedia:

Riiiiiiiiight....

lol

Seen what I did there eh... tehe

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shewgenja

A lot of people switched from 360 to PS4 as their preferred console. The whole concept of Lems and Cows is a strange one these days, outside of System Wars. Seems like it wasn't such a great idea to get a case of Third Console Curse when you haven't snatched a market leadership position.

To put it simply, the notion that people owe loyalty to Microsoft after they spent the entire generation selling off or closing the developers that set them apart from the competition may have been most unwise. Dumping core gamers for Kinect after the fact may have been ill-advised. Announcing your next console would treat your wallet like a red-headed stepchild pushed most sensible people over the edge.

I said it in another thread, but I'll repeat it here. Microsoft is acting like that one friend you had in highschool who boinked a girlfriend you had at the time and is now sending you a friend request on Facebook after you've graduated college. No matter how many times people say they've changed, you never really fully trust the motherfucker and you don't really get much out of it if you do decide to.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

who are these 79% of "gamers"? what does this statistic mean? is it somehow meant to represent every gamer out there in the world?

These "gamers" will miss out on the halo hd collection, halo 5, quantum break, new GOW, sunset overdrive etc etc

so yeah....some "gamers" they are lol, sounds more like a bunch of underage cows. Their loss!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 misterpmedia

@shawn30 said:

Expected as anyone who wants a One will wait for the June price drop.

Oh? and if not, what then?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

People will buy it if they just drop XBLG.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

This was round about after Sunset Overdrive was shown off too, wasn't it? Looks like it's another example of the Xbone being

BLOWN THE **** OUT

@Evo_nine said:

who are these 79% of "gamers"? what does this statistic mean? is it somehow meant to represent every gamer out there in the world?

These "gamers" will miss out on the halo hd collection, halo 5, quantum break, new GOW, sunset overdrive etc etc

so yeah....some "gamers" they are lol, sounds more like a bunch of underage cows. Their loss!

Piss poor damage control, even by lemming standards. At least whine about the sample size, at which point we can laugh at you for not understanding statistics.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 misterpmedia

@SecretPolice said:

Stop feeding your mind junk food, it makes you type out statements like this.

Have an apple.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretPolice

@misterpmedia:

lol oh Heil, you and I always did play nice together. :P

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#40  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

79% of readers of a no-name site. Not exactly what I call scientific.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 misterpmedia

@Evo_nine said:

Dat passive aggression. Maybe they feel fine with missing those games or feel they don't make the Xbone worth it, now what? :P

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Or alternately, 21% of people are now considering the cheaper console. That's no small figure.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clr84651

@shawn30 said:

@clr84651 said:

Expected as anyone who wants a One will wait for the June price drop. A great E3 and the price drop will help going forward. But May will be brutal.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

79% of readers of a no-name site. Not exactly what I call scientific.

All we can go by are sales to date, which has had the PS4 outselling every month, & ahead 8 million to 4.5 million. We'll know soon enough if the price drop makes much of a difference.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Evo_nine

@misterpmedia said:

@Evo_nine said:

Dat passive aggression. Maybe they feel fine with missing those games or feel they don't make the Xbone worth it, now what? :P

Well if they are fine with missing out on games, I don't see how they can call themselves gamers.

Casuals more like it.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#45 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

A sample size of 1000 isn't much to run off of. I hate cinemablend. They're shamelessly biased, especially when it comes to Wii U.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Evo_nine

@GrenadeLauncher said:

This was round about after Sunset Overdrive was shown off too, wasn't it? Looks like it's another example of the Xbone being

BLOWN THE **** OUT

@Evo_nine said:

Piss poor damage control, even by lemming standards. At least whine about the sample size, at which point we can laugh at you for not understanding statistics.

that's my point douchebag. Cows claiming ownage because 790 of them aren't buying an xbox.

like I said, who give a crap, they are the ones missing out.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GreySeal9

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

A sample size of 1000 isn't much to run off of. I hate cinemablend. They're shamelessly biased, especially when it comes to Wii U.

While this survey shouldn't be taken at face value, a sample of 1000 is perfectly adequate.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shewgenja

Forget the sample size. The fact that they took data from 360 owners is the real bad news. Simply put, MS is failing to win back 360 owners nevermind expanding their marketshare.

That's bad news in the long run. That means there is no marathon game here. MS is sprinting E3 to E3 this gen hoping to get people back. Not a god position to be in when you only pushed 80M consoles.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

that's my point douchebag. Cows claiming ownage because 790 of them aren't buying an xbox.

Missing out on a gimped cable box with no games? Not really.

And a nice big LOL at you for failing to understand statistics. :)

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Evo_nine

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Evo_nine said:

Missing out on a gimped cable box with no games? Not really.

And a nice big LOL at you for failing to understand statistics. :)

I fail to see what I don't understand.

please, go ahead and school me.