1up: "Important Xbox 360 exclusives to head over to PS3"

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3149993

=O

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts

get your petitions ready , lol.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
Pft, Halo 3 is the only important exclusive the 360 has, and that's going nowhere.
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
Listen to the podcast. They arent talking true xbox xclusives, but games that are or were multiplat or even timed xclusives. DMC was never on the xbox platform.
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pdiddy105
I cant wait to play the superior version of Mass Effect on my PS3 8)
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
when will they say which games
tacubano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tacubano
Member since 2005 • 947 Posts

Xbox 360 games that are going to ps3 are

Saints Row

Lost Planet

Dead Rising

That's it....that I know and that is pretty obivious since its capcom and thq

conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 conceru3
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

Listen to the podcast. They arent talking true xbox xclusives, but games that are or were multiplat or even timed xclusives. DMC was never on the xbox platform.ps3-nikita

Bioshock and Eternal Sonata are the only importnant ones that might come to PS3, then the minor ones like Elveon, Two Worlds, but that's it, the very best like Mass Effect, Fable 2, Halo 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost oDyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Alan Wake, Cry On, Blue Dragon are 360  ONLY !!!

cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
I heard the podcast and they mentioned some xbox game I never heard of and DR2 and LP2 going multiplat which won't be until when 2008 (earliest) or 2009. They only other exclusive which isn't even released yet would be bioshock and I believe that if they sell 1M copies then you won't hear any discussions about multiplat. As for mass effect, that would be wishful thinking as that game is published by MS.
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
I cant wait to play the superior version of Mass Effect on my PS3 8)Pdiddy105
Being Published by M$
Rendarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Rendarian
Member since 2003 • 9444 Posts
Ain't gonna happen
Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Infinatey
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts

Depending on what the games are, it will be good....

Dead Rising/sequel-meh

Lost Planet/sequel-*cries* bad.

Bioshock-OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME, microsoft got their ass handed to them!

Mass Effect-AWESOME! How the hell bioware convinced microsoft to do this is beyond me.

Splinter Cell 5-Go to hell sam fisher, and take a tip or 2 from snake.

Ace Combat 6-AWESOME

Too Human-bleh

Dead or alive 5: Tekken>Virtua fighter>this.

If the developer can persuade the publisher to make it multiplatform......or threaten to throw the project all together I think it Mass Effect could become multiplatform. I know bioware is working on something for the PS3 (new jade empire? Dragon age? KOTOR?).

tacubano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tacubano
Member since 2005 • 947 Posts

Exclusives mean that they had the only for xbox logo....saints row, dead rising and lost planet

/thread

cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cjnwo4life

Depending on what the games are, it will be good....

Dead Rising/sequel-meh

Lost Planet/sequel-*cries* bad.

Bioshock-OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME, microsoft got their ass handed to them!

Mass Effect-AWESOME! How the hell bioware convinced microsoft to do this is beyond me.

Splinter Cell 5-Go to hell sam fisher, and take a tip or 2 from snake.

Ace Combat 6-AWESOME

Too Human-bleh

Dead or alive 5: Tekken>Virtua fighter>this.

If the developer can persuade the publisher to make it multiplatform......or threaten to throw the project all together I think it Mass Effect could become multiplatform. I know bioware is working on something for the PS3 (new jade empire? Dragon age? KOTOR?).

Infinatey
Question, how can Mass effect go multi when MS is the publisher?
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
can someone copy and paste the article 1up doesn't work for me :(
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
I have a feeling, it will be bioshock, thats the most important third party exclusive they got.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
Why do people keep thinking they will see Mass Effect on the Playstation 3?  It is being published by Microsoft...why would they all of a sudden decide not to publish it?  It blows my mind how dumb hopeful fanboys can be...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 09091988
Member since 2004 • 593 Posts
anything published or deved by MS is going nowhere! So bioshock is the best bet...its 2K you know...it could be overlord...
Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
mmmmm yea more table scraps for the cows. they much really enjoy our left overs
Rendarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Rendarian
Member since 2003 • 9444 Posts
anything published or deved by MS is going nowhere! So bioshock is the best bet...its 2K you know...it could be overlord...09091988
Well, Mass Effect isn't developed by MS, just published ;)
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts

I have a feeling, it will be bioshock, thats the most important third party exclusive they got.cobrax25
That is not even an exclusive.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]I have a feeling, it will be bioshock, thats the most important third party exclusive they got.diggyzoom

That is not even an exclusive.

yes, thats true. I meant to say, most important third party game the PS3 doesn't have lol.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Did anyone here even listen to the podcast?

The source is Shane "Sony fanboy" Bettenhausen.  And they were taking bets, not making any official, or even unofficial,  statements or anything

cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cjnwo4life
[QUOTE="09091988"]anything published or deved by MS is going nowhere! So bioshock is the best bet...its 2K you know...it could be overlord...Rendarian

Video game publishers are companies that publish video games that they have either developed internally or have had developed by a video game developer. Most video game publishers also produce and publish computer games, but the term "video game publisher" is often used generically to refer to companies that publish interactive games regardless of the target platform. As with book publishers or publishers of DVD movies, video game publishers are responsible for their product's manufacturing and marketing, including market research and all aspects of advertising. They usually finance the game development, sometimes by paying a video game developer (the publisher calls this external development) and sometimes by paying an internal staff of developers called a studio. The large video game publishers also distribute the games they publish, while some smaller publishers instead hire distribution companies (or larger video game publishers) to distribute the games they publish. Other functions usually performed by the publisher include deciding on and paying for any license that the game may utilize; paying for localization; layout, printing, and possibly the writing of the user manual; and the creation of graphic design elements such as the box design. Large publishers may also attempt to boost efficiency across all internal and external development teams by providing services such as sound design and code packages for commonly needed functionality. Because the publisher usually finances development, it usually tries to manage development risk with a staff of producers or project managers to monitor the progress of the developer, critique ongoing development, and assist as necessary. Most video games created by an external video game developer are paid for with periodic advances on royalties. These advances are paid when the developer reaches certain stages of development, called milestones. Games are becoming more expensive to produce. The "next generation" of consoles, led by the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, have incredible graphic ability, but taking advantage of that ability requires a larger team size than games on earlier, simpler consoles. In order to compete with the best games on "next generation" consoles, there are more characters to animate; all characters must be modeled with a higher level of detail; more textures must be created; the entire art pipeline must be made more complex to allow the creation of normal maps and more complex programming code is required to simulate physics in the game world, and to render everything as precisely and quickly as possible. With next-generation console games commonly understood to require budgets of US$15 million to $20 million, every game financed is an extremely large gamble, and pressure to succeed is unprecedented in video game history. Nintendo's next-generation console, Wii, is projected to alleviate this problem, to some extent, by concentrating less on the graphics and more on the innovative control. When publishing for game consoles, game publishers take on the burden of a great deal of inventory risk. All significant console manufacturers since Nintendo with its NES (1985) have monopolized the manufacture of every game made for their console, and have required all publishers to pay a royalty for every game so manufactured. This royalty must be paid at the time of manufacturing, as opposed to royalty payments in almost all other industries, where royalties are paid upon actual sales of the product—and, importantly, are not payable for games that did not sell to a consumer. So, if a game publisher orders one million copies of its game, but half of them do not sell, the publisher has already paid the full console manufacturer royalty on one million copies of the game, and has to eat that cost. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_game_publisher
fartgorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fartgorilla
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts
BTW, anybody know why 1up's podcast doesn't work on my iPod -- even when I dl it through iTunes?
Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts
Does it matter? As long as they're exactly the same you're better off getting the 360 version. That is, if you don't have a PS3. 
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
Xbox 360 exclusives stink, I dont want any Xbox 360 exclusive other Ninja Gaiden 2 and Geometry Wars. even Wii has better exclusives than X360.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]Listen to the podcast. They arent talking true xbox xclusives, but games that are or were multiplat or even timed xclusives. DMC was never on the xbox platform.conceru3

Bioshock and Eternal Sonata are the only importnant ones that might come to PS3, then the minor ones like Elveon, Two Worlds, but that's it, the very best like Mass Effect, Fable 2, Halo 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost oDyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Alan Wake, Cry On, Blue Dragon are 360  ONLY !!!

Alan Wake is on the PC n00b!

You phail

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
I love how you both assume that a game thus far developed for the 360 will go to your PS3, but also that it will magically become superior for doing so. :lol:
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheSystemLord1

[QUOTE="09091988"]anything published or deved by MS is going nowhere! So bioshock is the best bet...its 2K you know...it could be overlord...Rendarian

You do know that means that Microsoft is paying the costs of the little discs, cases, instruction manuals, and all of that right?

redflagwaving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 redflagwaving
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

mmmmm yea more table scraps for the cows. they much really enjoy our left oversNugtoka

if that is so, why are so many sony exclusives going to the xbox360? So it more like table scraps for the lemmings

halogta9890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 halogta9890
Member since 2006 • 739 Posts

Pft, Halo 3 is the only important exclusive the 360 has, and that's going nowhere.Ninja-Vox

Yep because Gears of War, Fable, KOTOR, Mass Effect, Crackdown, and The Next Splinter Cell are horrible exclusives. 

darrowby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 darrowby88
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts

[QUOTE="Nugtoka"]mmmmm yea more table scraps for the cows. they much really enjoy our left oversredflagwaving

if that is so, why are so many sony exclusives going to the xbox360? So it more like table scraps for the lemmings

look at all of the big ps3 games soming out in the coming months, then look at all of the big 360 games that came out a while ago...see the connection
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pdiddy105

[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]Pft, Halo 3 is the only important exclusive the 360 has, and that's going nowhere.halogta9890

Yep because Gears of War, Fable, KOTOR, Mass Effect, Crackdown, and The Next Splinter Cell are horrible exclusives. 

i love it how you have to list a last gen xbox game to get your point across

Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts

[QUOTE="Nugtoka"]mmmmm yea more table scraps for the cows. they much really enjoy our left oversredflagwaving

except for VF5 which you can keep. We'll get those former Sony exclusives at the same time you do. And Ps3's only AAA is a big Ol piece of table scraps. Enjoy!
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]Pft, Halo 3 is the only important exclusive the 360 has, and that's going nowhere.halogta9890

:lol: Hyping a rehash like Splinter Cell, that game will be on the PS3 as well, dont kid yourself on that.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
ports are almost never superiour.
anprionsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 anprionsa
Member since 2004 • 382 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]Xbox 360 exclusives stink, I dont want any Xbox 360 exclusive other Ninja Gaiden 2 and Geometry Wars. even Wii has better exclusives than X360.

GOGO FANBOY RANGER!!!
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheSystemLord1
[QUOTE="halogta9890"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]Pft, Halo 3 is the only important exclusive the 360 has, and that's going nowhere.Pdiddy105

i love it how you have to list a last gen xbox game to get your point across

You must have missed the little announcement Lucas Arts made that they are currently in talks about the 3rd game in the series.   

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts
[QUOTE="halogta9890"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]Pft, Halo 3 is the only important exclusive the 360 has, and that's going nowhere.DSgamer64

:lol: Hyping a rehash like Splinter Cell, that game will be on the PS3 as well, dont kid yourself on that.

sales to causale  = good move

fartgorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fartgorilla
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts
What's wrong with Splinter Cell, people? DA was pretty much a big turd, but the two Ubi Montreal games are brilliant. And guess who's developing SC5?
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts

I wonder if anyone posting actually bothered to listen to the podcast.

By the looks of it, you didn't.

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts
Could comeone point me to the article where it states that Bioware is working on a PS3 game? I must have misssed out on that,
darrowby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 darrowby88
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts

Raidea
i didnt what was said?
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

Raidea

nope not really though i listen to it later

conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 conceru3
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts
[QUOTE="conceru3"]

[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]Listen to the podcast. They arent talking true xbox xclusives, but games that are or were multiplat or even timed xclusives. DMC was never on the xbox platform.DSgamer64

Alan Wake is on the PC n00b!

You phail

???? And why would you mension PC, in a PS3-360 only thread ?

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]Listen to the podcast. They arent talking true xbox xclusives, but games that are or were multiplat or even timed xclusives. DMC was never on the xbox platform.conceru3

Elveon on ps3 and most of the other ones are on pc too so I would get more out of a ps3 to go with my pc than x360
XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XTy
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts

Listen to the podcast. They arent talking true xbox xclusives, but games that are or were multiplat or even timed xclusives. DMC was never on the xbox platform.ps3-nikita

NG was never on the PS platform.

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
What exactly does Devil May Cry 4 coming to the 360 mean in the grand scheme of things? Hell if we know, but that doesn't stop us from talking about the role of exclusives (again!) in the console war. What's next to fall? What kind of pressure does this put on the first party studios? And how is Nintendo going to mess everything up?1up
:lol: