What do you like/hate about Final Fantasy X?

• 70 results
danteliveson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 danteliveson
Member since 2004 • 6162 Posts
Blitzball
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#52 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts
I hate that FFX-2 is a part of the FFX storyline.  It completely ruins everything that was good about the FFX storyline with a cheesy cliched ending.
KevNSt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 KevNSt
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts
Well, after starting over about five or six times, with a playing time of about 300 hours each, I must say that I really like everything about it. I still prefer VII, but FFX is not that far below. The only thing it I really miss is the feel of VII. That had a great gaming-feel about it, and for me the feel made up for all the small annoyances, like not being able to use the sticks for steering and such. In FFX it's all there, but it lacks that little extra on the feel that makes it a perfect ten in my book. That's why VII made a perfect ten with me, despite all the small things - the feel was just so great that I'd have accepted alot more annoyances than there was.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#54 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts

Blitzballdennis_phong

"What do you like/hate about Final Fantasy X?

Please Explain your Answer(s) in as Great Detail as you can"

Just saying blitzball isn't good enough and plus it is spamming.

Do you hate or like blitzball?

Sean_Bean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Sean_Bean
Member since 2005 • 158 Posts

I disliked blitzball. It was boring and didn't have much perpose...it was stale although Biggs and Wedge were in it and that made it better.
On the original topic I disliked FFX...the battle system was okay. The sphere grid was agood idea but wasn't executed well, the characters sucked(aside from Wakka and a few things about Tidus and Auron) and it didn't make me wqan't to know what was gunna happen next it kinda bored me.

S_A_D_U_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 S_A_D_U_1
Member since 2006 • 2052 Posts
it took forever to get form place to place utill you get the airship. actually everything took forever. some of the cut senes where the characters just talk and talk and talk it just got annoying
lightmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 lightmonkey
Member since 2005 • 7010 Posts
[QUOTE="ffxjunky06"] [QUOTE="lightmonkey"] I didn't like FFX for several reasons.

First of all, I didn't like the characters. Tidus was annoying, stupid and acted like a baby most of the time...he does have his good points, but the bad outweigh them. Then there's Rikku who really pissed me off every time, she was just so damn annoying; from what she says down to those annoying little gestures she makes when she's talking. The others were alright, but not what I'd call likeable characters; they weren't fun to be around and didn't really have anything about them to really like.

Next is the voice acting. Tidus's voice was damn annoying; Yuna sounded almost lifeless and Rikku's voice was squeaky and annoying.

Next, the sphere grid sucked. It was a big waste of time, a useless gimmick. There was little to no point in replacing the old level up system with the sphere grid; you would occasionally reach places where you had to get a key to progress; and there are times that if you take a certain route, you'll need to go all the way back after acquiring what you needed, and this wasted time and exp.

The sidequests were also damn annoying...don't get me started with that. Catching butterflies and dodging lightning, how fun =/

The game was also too linear. No world map means hardly any exploration, and that just killed it. I loved exploring the world map in previous FF's, so why rip us of that privelage?

Also, Blitzball sucked hard...and they forced us to play it to abtain Wakka's overdrives. Seriously, some people love it, and I don't see how. A sports game based solely on stats, it was just stupid.

One thing I do give credit for is the storyline, but when you don't have great characters to back it then it kinda negates the purpose. The settings were also good, but could've done better. And my last complain is the music. Normally, FF music always sticks into my head...yet it just did not happen with FFX, the music was really lacking. The only song I remembered was the battle theme, and that was just a clone of the Hades boss battle theme in FFIX.

Well you do have some good points there but not all of them i agree on. I am a big Final Fantasy X fan but i wont tell you tht you are wrong with anything because it is not my place to do so and i respect everyones opinions no matter what they might be.

Nice points nontheless.

Well, I am an FF fan, so I'm not gonna hate on an FF game for no reason.
Fox_Mulder_XP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Fox_Mulder_XP
Member since 2003 • 110 Posts
FFX is still one of my favorites of the series. Yes, the end of the game was ridiculously easy (basically if you could kill Yunalesca, you could cruise through the rest of the game), and the plot was a little too ultra-serious and a huge downer, but the turn-based battle system was a lot of fun and very strategic, and I liked how the game forced you to use each character in a specific role by locking them to their part of the Sphere Grid until late in the game. I got tired of every character always being the same in battle as every other character like in FFVII and VIII, it takes all the strategy out of the game and makes it boring. And FFX still has my favorite ending of the whole series, it ties with FFVI for that honor. FFVI had an ending that was like 4 hours long, but FFX's ending had the emotional punch and satisfying storyline resolution that many JRPGs lack. Which makes the existence of FFX-2 even more puzzling, FFX's ending was absolutely perfect, so why did Squenix feel the need to ruin it with a superfluous sequel?
IceDefenseGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 IceDefenseGod
Member since 2005 • 3842 Posts

I disliked blitzball. It was boring and didn't have much perpose...it was stale although Biggs and Wedge were in it and that made it better.
On the original topic I disliked FFX...the battle system was okay. The sphere grid was agood idea but wasn't executed well, the characters sucked(aside from Wakka and a few things about Tidus and Auron) and it didn't make me wqan't to know what was gunna happen next it kinda bored me.

Sean_Bean

What?!? Blitzball is awesome!

fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 fantasyfacade
Member since 2006 • 8317 Posts

I love this game 100% so much, how can anyone hate blitzball is beyound me, I love it. The story is indept and the battle system is also great, I prefared it as I was able to think without the rush of the atb system that sometimes made me make mistakes. I had such a really nice feeling when I first played it, a feeling I missed after completing it completely the first time but managed toget back with VII and hopefully the coming XII.

Yuna's voice acting in the english version was bad, but this has been pointed out time and time again and had inproved in X-2.

The part of the game I almost hated was when I was in the omega ruins and was going around to get experiance and all the chests, beating hard fiends like Great Malboro who always ambushes you and puts on every single status allimant you can think of on all your party. When out of the blue, three hours after entering the omega ruins, no where near a save sphere cause I wasn't able because of the chests as well, when suddenly I was ambushed by two Demonlith. I killed one and then what does the other do it petrified every single member of my party at once which has never happened to me before = game over. Three hours and all that experiance I gathered all gone down the drains. I freaked out, three hours wasted on nothing. Anyway my love of the game soon over came that.

IceDefenseGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 IceDefenseGod
Member since 2005 • 3842 Posts

I love this game 100% so much, how can anyone hate blitzball is beyound me, I love it. The story is indept and the battle system is also great, I prefared it as I was able to think without the rush of the atb system that sometimes made me make mistakes. I had such a really nice feeling when I first played it, a feeling I missed after completing it completely the first time but managed toget back with VII and hopefully the coming XII.

Yuna's voice acting in the english version was bad, but this has been pointed out time and time again and had inproved in X-2.

The part of the game I almost hated was when I was in the omega ruins and was going around to get experiance and all the chests, beating hard fiends like Great Malboro who always ambushes you and puts on every single status allimant you can think of on all your party. When out of the blue, three hours after entering the omega ruins, no where near a save sphere cause I wasn't able because of the chests as well, when suddenly I was ambushed by two Demonlith. I killed one and then what does the other do it petrified every single member of my party at once which has never happened to me before = game over. Three hours and all that experiance I gathered all gone down the drains. I freaked out, three hours wasted on nothing. Anyway my love of the game soon over came that.

fantasyfacade

Yuna's voice actor is pretty good.

fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 fantasyfacade
Member since 2006 • 8317 Posts

I don't think it was. Hedy Burress was criticised to the point of harshness for her voice acting in the English version that she had to get voice couching for X-2. She was trying to lip sync perfectly (these lip movements were for the Japanese words though) so her words were enlongated and sounded like she was talking in gasps most of the time. Her voice couch told her not to do it second time around, and anyway they made a version for the english lip syncing for X-2. Anyway I'm an not slatting this game I don't jugde voice acting in games and I love it to bits that I reviewed it 10/10. It's the storyline that's important to me.

Avatar image for True_KillerXxX7
True_KillerXxX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 True_KillerXxX7
Member since 2005 • 468 Posts
I liked being able to completely control the character development, even if that meant having to use the sphere grid. I played over multiple times doing things like making Tidus a mage and Yuna a fighter, and other random stuff. I also liked the weapon creation and the storyline, which kept me attached and nearly in tears by the end. I just loved being in complete control, even though this feeling was marred somewhat by the linear structure until halfway through. I once almost started the game over to go back and get stuff I missed before I finished, but I was finally given the airship. That was probably my only problem with the game.
-Alchemist15-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#65 -Alchemist15-
Member since 2006 • 5236 Posts
LIKED-i loved everything about after all it was my favorite Final Fantasy.the battle system,story,theme,characters,ect.

DIDN'T LIKE-i don't think there as one thing i didn't like except for Shelinda.she just tiks me off everytime she pops up
greatfluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 greatfluffy
Member since 2005 • 2062 Posts
I loved the game and everything on it. The only thing that i hate was that the game didn't have a world map and that was it.
yuffiestrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 yuffiestrife
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
what i love about final fantasy x is the charters and the summons were good as well what i didnt like was that you always knew where to go but the side stuff was brill like the spear sport that was good idea and i cant rember if the card game was in x or x-2 but that was good
joe603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 joe603
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts
Well since I'm playing it again to get ready for FF12, I must say how much I love this game!  The graphics are top-notch, and the story is one of the best FF stories.  I enjoy the grid, its cool to make characters how you like 'em!  But I must say how much I HATE the friggin butterflies!!!!  2 hours of trial after trial for a super weapon....Then their's the choco race...havent done the lightning dodging yet...but that will also be a couple of hours that I'll never get back...Aside from that, the game is one of my favs!  
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Graphics (a visual feast indeed)
Blitzball (better than card games)
Challenge (Yunalesca was quite tough)
Weapon Customization (Build your own favorite weapon)
Soundtrack (Uematsu has done a fine job again)

Dislikes:
Linear (Forward or Backward)
No World Map Walking
Side quests are at the end of the game
No New Game+ :?  (The Glitch wasn't enough)
droge085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 droge085
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
    Anyone who hates FFX has a bug up there ass. My personal favorite is FFVIII, but FFX was my first FF game so it will always have a special spot in my heart. I even like Tidus. However, I am an avowed Kimarhi killer. I have him learn self- destruct as soon as possible, then use it whenever i get the chance. Even in important battles against Seymour, Sin, and the Ultima and Omega Weapons. I absolutely love the sphere grid system and if it were my way, it would be the way to level up characters in all of the series.