255Loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 255Loner
Member since 2005 • 1781 Posts
In the movie Advent Children, I was surprised as Hell when I saw Cloud take one of his six Buster swords and turn it into two swords! Every so often during a fight in that movie, depending on his preference of fight-style, he'd put the two swords back to one or vice versa. He did that often. It was so cool. Think about it. A Claymore in real life can take the head off of a horse. You HAVE to hold a Claymore with two hands. A Buster sword is about five times the size of a Claymore. Cloud was one-handing a Buster sword—one in each hand!
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
Yeah it was cool, And Urealistic, But it made some of the coolist fight scenes ive ever seen in a movie
Sword_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#54 Sword_Blade
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts
I like big sword.  It's really COOL!! 8)
hellsingfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 hellsingfan666
Member since 2004 • 602 Posts
Aurons sword doesn't seem oversized, clouds is by far but no normal size sword could be that COOL 
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
I like the shape and size of their swords. Cloud swings his sword like its just a normal sword.
GreatMno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 GreatMno
Member since 2004 • 2601 Posts

There were some rather large swords in the past. The zanbato of japan was used to fell horses, so it was rather large. True, it probably wasn't as large as any of those seen in a FF.

You do have a point. Their swords seem much to large to wield effectively.

Shanarah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Shanarah
Member since 2003 • 1494 Posts
Nice topic! Right, no normal person could ever lift a sword that big, but reality be damned in fantasy. XP I just finished an art project parodying fantasy genre art/games/whatever and one of the drawings is of a hero figure w/ a giant sword that he can't lift. I can photograph it and share at some point after my exams end.
Fevra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 Fevra
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts

Man I love Fantasy games. Where else would you see these swords and have them so awesome looking? Yes, Cloud's/Sephiroth's swords are indeed pushing it to a whole new limit but I think that's cool. Considering what Cloud did do in AC with his new upgrade. What an ending...

If were talking reality both would fall over or drop their swords with their arms attached to them. Luckily, FF has it's own physics. And for that I am happy. All I know is, once you see either the Buster Blade or the Masamune you will remember them.

were-woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 were-woman
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts
I don't really like Clouds sword, but Aurons and Sephiroths are COOOL!!! :D
Master_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 Master_Odin
Member since 2005 • 4932 Posts
How does Sephiroth walk around with that sword in like a sheath? I mean wouldn't it drag along the ground?
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#62 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

unless the balance of the sword is equal to what his body (hand) can support. make the blade very thin (some how still durable) and add weight to the handle.

How does Sephiroth walk around with that sword in like a sheath? I mean wouldn't it drag along the ground?Master_Odin

n8archer_XI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 n8archer_XI
Member since 2005 • 519 Posts
I would carry it w/o dragging........