255Loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 255Loner
Member since 2005 • 1781 Posts
No joke. That ridiculous buster sword Cloud weilds. There's not a Claymore around IRL that's anywhere near as big as that and those two-handed swords are hard enough to handle as is. Auron's is another example. That's like three Claymores put together. Truly fantasy.
OrianaDorta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 OrianaDorta
Member since 2005 • 3114 Posts

well I like their swords, yeah they are big but really cool swords

Avatar image for XIIAxelCrossIIX
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XIIAxelCrossIIX
Member since 2005 • 1115 Posts
I happen to love the swords. But yes, like you stated earlier, it's fantasy, so I really couldn't care less about how realistic it is. I mean, if I did, I'd be on a rampage all the time, considering nearly everything in Final Fantasy is fake, but that's what I love about it. Anyway, I do agree that the Buster Sword might be pushing it. But Auron's sword, I like.
255Loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 255Loner
Member since 2005 • 1781 Posts
Heh. I just thought of Squall's gunblade. Where was the end of the "barrel" on that?
Avatar image for XIIAxelCrossIIX
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XIIAxelCrossIIX
Member since 2005 • 1115 Posts
Heh. I just thought of Squall's gunblade. Where was the end of the "barrel" on that?255Loner

Haha, beats me. Yes, Squall does have the oddest looking blade out of all the swords I've seen from Final Fantasy. Actually, the only one that rivals it, to me anyway, is the Apocalypse from FF VII. It was neat looking, but it's just plain odd.
Tozoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Tozoku
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

yes yes teh swords are massive, and it would be damn hard to use a full sized buster sword! i have a replica, its not full sized but its pretty big and it weighs about 8 pounds, and made of  440 steel, and that might not sound like a lot, but it is for a sword. omnislash would make your arms fall off...

Gotrek44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Gotrek44
Member since 2005 • 633 Posts

No joke. That ridiculous buster sword Cloud weilds. There's not a Claymore around IRL that's anywhere near as big as that and those two-handed swords are hard enough to handle as is. Auron's is another example. That's like three Claymores put together. Truly fantasy.255Loner

I also do like swords, I have a few, but you are right. I always thought and said that sephiroths real long masamune, would break instantly at that length and thickness. I also can wonder how Cloud could swing that huge hunk of iron, like its nothing, if you watch his stance in the FF7 battle hes holding it  firm and still with both his arms out stretched, and with that little thin handle. He would be teetering back and forth to balance it. It is fantasy though and just entertainment.

bi0hazard01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bi0hazard01
Member since 2004 • 457 Posts

yes, they may be big, but I like em in every game

rarabwasmyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rarabwasmyname
Member since 2005 • 503 Posts
maybe th swords like clouds and aurons, are made of some sort of light metal. it is, after all, Final Fantasy.
gamerrgurrl9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamerrgurrl9
Member since 2005 • 1982 Posts
I like the swords in every ff,but I would never use em.(in real life)
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts

Despite the swords being big and odd, I love them none the less, but as Loner and Axel stated, it is Fantasy.

I must say though, I loved Squall's gunblade, because it was something never though of before, but it would have been nice to see it being able to actually shoot >_> Did you guys seriously not notice the Barell on the gun part of the Gunblade? It was very easy to spot

Jacava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jacava
Member since 2005 • 182 Posts
I think that some sort of pattern is emerging. Yes, the swords would be too ridiculously inappropriate for use in real life, but no-one cares.
larkspurclose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 larkspurclose
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts
isnt the barrel for the gunblade kind of two it has one either side (i think) i think that they make the buster sword look quite realistic in advent children (although i have just sean clips) with that cool dagger thing
OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts

Their swords are big, you can ride on yellow birds called Chocobos across the world, you can carry hundreds of items at one time, the character's hair defies the laws of gravity. The reason for all this is because it's Final Fantasy and the Final Fantasy we know and love. If we wanted everything to be realistic as things are in our world today their would hardly be anything left in the games. It's really as simple as that.

Corblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Corblade
Member since 2005 • 60 Posts
They may seem very large and impractical but to tell you guys the truth I would probably use one..

Very intimidating.
Avatar image for Gorilla_Black21
Gorilla_Black21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gorilla_Black21
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts
The Swords are big for one reason and that is to look cool and they do a pretty good job at that
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#17 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

I think that some sort of pattern is emerging. Yes, the swords would be too ridiculously inappropriate for use in real life, but no-one cares.Jacava

Yup, doesn't the name of the game kinda point out that it's only fantasy....

Avatar image for Shimmeringchest
Shimmeringchest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shimmeringchest
Member since 2003 • 222 Posts

yup, the swords are pretty damn big

Lord_of_Khaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lord_of_Khaos
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The swords are awesome.

I`m grateful that there is no blood or severed limbs.

theBrownone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 theBrownone
Member since 2005 • 297 Posts
Big swords make cool characters. When someone mentions Cloud I end up thinking about his Buster Sword.
MeteorDrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 MeteorDrive
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
how does AC cloud carry so many swords on his back?!? 
cloudstrife145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#22 cloudstrife145
Member since 2006 • 1051 Posts

The swords are all cool to me! The giantness and shape of the sword makes the game look cooler. ^_^

--MasterLink--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 --MasterLink--
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts
Yes, the swords are big. But, they are sweet.
Corblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Corblade
Member since 2005 • 60 Posts
how does AC cloud carry so many swords on his back?!? MeteorDrive

They combine into 1 sword.. if you saw the movie when Cloud performs his final move his sword seperates and he uses each one on Sephiroth. You can also see his sheath as he walks into the room (just before Reno lunges at him) which could probably hold up to three swords, seperately, in it.
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
Well first off your all right about the fact that The swords are really damn big, But the name on the cover is Final Fantasy, not Final Reality, now Im not sayin that clouds sword isnt pushing it, It is a bit big, But its still cool.
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_unbroken

Well first off your all right about the fact that The swords are really damn big, But the name on the cover is Final Fantasy, not Final Reality, now Im not sayin that clouds sword isnt pushing it, It is a bit big, But its still cool.the_unbroken

But I actually have a version of the buster sword, a real version, Of coarse its only for display, But to tell the truth its pretty light. Same size and everything but light, Very akward and unbalenced, But light

Master_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Master_Odin
Member since 2005 • 4932 Posts

I must say though, I loved Squall's gunblade, because it was something never though of before, but it would have been nice to see it being able to actually shoot

Disgaeamad

I think that it did sort of shoot because when you were fighting, hitting the R1 button right when Squall was going to hit was refered to as the Trigger Button...but I could be wrong...:(

almanorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 almanorigin
Member since 2004 • 62 Posts

While the concept of people wielding obscenely large weapons and easily for that matter is just plain wierd, the game is called Final Fantasy. So who cares?

Anyway, it's a game, things aren't supposed to be realistic. A game that was entirely realistic would be either incredibly boring, or only popular in Japan. (I keed, I keed. But not really.)

nurik_strife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 nurik_strife
Member since 2005 • 497 Posts
That is what I love about Final Fantasy, everything is so original, and I fell in love with Cloud's buster sword ever since FFVII, it's just awesome watching them fight, and I think it is part of the legacy of FF
FF12BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FF12BK
Member since 2006 • 917 Posts
Actually the big swords are originate from the famous Japanese Anime call Berserk.  If you say Cloud's sword is big, lets have a look in Berserk's sword. 
jonny777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jonny777
Member since 2004 • 115 Posts
Big swords are FF's signature. All of you are complaining about the size being stupid because it wouldn't work in real life, but none of you mentioned magic :) (or for as much off the topic i read anyway)
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

Heh. I just thought of Squall's gunblade. Where was the end of the "barrel" on that?255Loner

According to the creators it wasn't supposed to shoot, but actually send a jolt through the blade to add more power (???) I know, it doesn't make any sense to me either, they also went on to say "It's extremely hard to master" hahaha, really? You think? Shooting a gun whilst laying a sword into a large beast to make it vibrate and hurt the enemy more sounds like childsplay to me.

taiwanesealn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 taiwanesealn
Member since 2005 • 6853 Posts

They've got big swords and big hair ;)

Well first off your all right about the fact that The swords are really damn big, But the name on the cover is Final Fantasy, not Final Reality, now Im not sayin that clouds sword isnt pushing it, It is a bit big, But its still cool.the_unbroken

Woah when did someone edit in the union logo into my sig? Haha I had no idea what happened but I'm glad someone likes it :)

Master_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Master_Odin
Member since 2005 • 4932 Posts

[QUOTE="255Loner"]Heh. I just thought of Squall's gunblade. Where was the end of the "barrel" on that?KevComesRipping

According to the creators it wasn't supposed to shoot, but actually send a jolt through the blade to add more power (???) I know, it doesn't make any sense to me either, they also went on to say "It's extremely hard to master" hahaha, really? You think? Shooting a gun whilst laying a sword into a large beast to make it vibrate and hurt the enemy more sounds like childsplay to me.

Phooey! It must be nearly impossible for there to be so little Gunblade users. I want more to use that kickass weapon! :) 

jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jimbo_mog
Member since 2005 • 1171 Posts

Big swords Big hair sometimes Big Heads and often big statements,

this stuff is all Larger than life for good reason! it just enhances the magic of the game something that makes FF's so special is there Surrealism, what better way to inforce a chimerical view than to put abstract unnatural things in your game.

Avatar image for Wedge_and_Biggs
Wedge_and_Biggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Wedge_and_Biggs
Member since 2006 • 1509 Posts
Well I think it represents his strength
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_unbroken

[QUOTE="the_unbroken"]Well first off your all right about the fact that The swords are really damn big, But the name on the cover is Final Fantasy, not Final Reality, now Im not sayin that clouds sword isnt pushing it, It is a bit big, But its still cool.the_unbroken

But I actually have a version of the buster sword, a real version, Of coarse its only for display, But to tell the truth its pretty light. Same size and everything but light, Very akward and unbalenced, But light

Well, for those of you who didnt believe me Heres my Buster Sword(It's my sheet too).

P.S. I also Have a Gun Blade, And Sephiroth's sword although it isnt really as long. But I only Have Pic's of This And The Gunblade

ccgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ccgod
Member since 2003 • 7915 Posts
[QUOTE="the_unbroken"]

[QUOTE="the_unbroken"]Well first off your all right about the fact that The swords are really damn big, But the name on the cover is Final Fantasy, not Final Reality, now Im not sayin that clouds sword isnt pushing it, It is a bit big, But its still cool.the_unbroken

Well, for those of you who didnt believe me Heres my Buster Sword(It's my sheet too).

P.S. I also Have a Gun Blade, And Sephiroth's sword although it isnt really as long. But I only Have Pic's of This And The Gunblade

I actually found a site that had Spehiroths's blade it was 68" in lenth
Dude_The_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dude_The_Man
Member since 2006 • 852 Posts
If I had a sword it'de be massive like 8 feet long and 3 feet thick. I would put it on my back and walk around as everyone stares in awe of my sword that slays oceanliners. Of course if I had to fight someone I would just punch them and then say they aren't worthy of my uber sword. No one needs to know I can't even wield it without falling over...
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_unbroken

And for those of you who were wondrin, Here's my Gun Blade.(that isn't my sheet, It's a back ground I created)

I only spent $210 on both of them. Dont know how much Sephiroth's sword was, got it from a friend for $50

the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_unbroken

And for those of you who were wondrin, Here's my Gun Blade.(that isn't my sheet, It's a back ground I created)

I only spent $210 on both of them. Dont know how much Sephiroth's sword was, got it from a friend for $50

the_unbroken

I know the background sucks, but oh well, Its blochey

deathbyjinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deathbyjinx
Member since 2005 • 411 Posts
i like teh sword
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the_unbroken

i like teh sworddeathbyjinx

Which one

the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_unbroken

[QUOTE="deathbyjinx"]i like teh swordthe_unbroken

Which one

The Booster Sword Isnt really authinic because the blade is black, But its real and fricken sharp too. But the box said FFVII BOOSTER SWORD COLLECTABLE.

ccgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ccgod
Member since 2003 • 7915 Posts
http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/new_sephiroth_sword_540.jpg

the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_unbroken

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/new_sephiroth_sword_540.jpg

ccgod

I got my swords from a place in Texas called, FANTASY SWORD IMPORIUM, They have anything from movie swords to video game swords, And next I plan on getting Aurons Sword......................

(Sorry FFU If I kind of got off topic)

manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
The size of Clouds sword is always used as criticism by people to not watch the film...but most people dont realise it has the word "Fantasy" in the name.
Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
[QUOTE="the_unbroken"]

It has 8 materia slots too many
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_unbroken
[QUOTE="the_unbroken"][QUOTE="the_unbroken"]

[QUOTE="the_unbroken"]Well first off your all right about the fact that The swords are really damn big, But the name on the cover is Final Fantasy, not Final Reality, now Im not sayin that clouds sword isnt pushing it, It is a bit big, But its still cool.Gallion-Beast

It has 8 materia slots too many

The blade's also black, so it's not exact.

Fleet3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Fleet3000
Member since 2004 • 420 Posts
meh. i love the size. makes the battles in Advent Children seem so much cooler.

and check the stuff out with Cloud's buster sword at the very beginning and the end. coolest idea.....EVER.

when u see the movie, ull know what i mean.