princess_reith2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 princess_reith2
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts
Behodl! Sephiroth is just a pain in the backside while Kratos is totally bloodthirsty but I have to go with Sepy; there's something about him that is so cool!
teddytime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#52 teddytime
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts
Sephiroth would beat Kratos because Sephiroth has more speed. Kratos may be stronger, but he won't be able to sephiroth enough to beat him. Plus, Sephiroth has better magic attacks and is a better swordsman. It would be a good fight though because they both rule.
*GameGuru86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 *GameGuru86
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Though I am an avid FF fan, I think Kratos has more than a solid chance of victory against the One Winged Angel. After watching Advent Children, Sephiroth did not seem to be this omnipotent god of death that I thought he was. After a few minutes of fighting between Cloud and Sephiroth, with no one really having any clear advantage over the other, Cloud simply performs some remixed version of the omnislash to kill the demon in seconds. And he hardly broke a sweat doing it. Okay, so Sephiroth has Cloud pinned against the wall until he pisses him off, and dies 30 seconds later. That's about it isn't it? This proved to me that Sephiroth's power is not without limits, and it only takes someone stronger to defeat him. If Kratos can defeat the true god of war, something which Sephiroth has never accomplished, then I think that Kratos could not only defeat Sephiroth, but completely dominate him.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts
Sephiroth hands down...

NOTE: Please don't quote posts that are long, especially this long. Thank you, it just leaves the space less cluttered.
Hyper-chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Hyper-chaos
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Kratos will win because he has better skills, fought against a god and won, Sephiroth fought against a very strong ex-soldier, but it wasn't a god
saiyanman5215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 saiyanman5215
Member since 2005 • 2096 Posts

didnt realize that Sephiroh was such a "bad-ass" and worshipped so...........at any rate I dont remember him being all that tough yrs ago when I played FF7 (course that was a long time ago).......As for "Mr. Kratos", well he did "kill" a god and the "Sephiroh Legion":D seems to think their boy is a "god", makes sense that that Kratos would "win" the fight hook or crook.  I know I know, this is a FF union and saying that a FF character (especially the beloved and "invincible" :P Sephiroh could ever be defeated is like sacrilege, but please here me out.................

Now both the characters are regarded as "bad-asses", especially in their particular circles of fans but they do come from different worlds/games which requires a bit of suspension of belief, even with going with that "real-world" thinking.  It's obvious that we're dealing with two very powerful characters here (even with the constraints placed on them with the rules of this poll) so that makes this a difficult pick.  Their attacks and weapons seem to cancel each other out (IMO,  who thinks that the "Might of Zeus" isnt enough to vanquish any foe??), it would take some cunning and guile (not Col Guile ppl, "intestinal fortitude" :P) to gain an edge.  Yes, I've played both games so I've "experienced" both characters and I feel neither gains any edge in that category either.  The "who wants it more" card couldnt be played either cause even though Sephiroh is very cocky and arrogant, he shows up when the chips are down. 

Final Analysis:  with all that power they're finally with, and the balance the 2 seem to have, neither walks away from that fight (that is, until their next game/movie/anime appearance :P)

OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts

I will have to say Sephiroth on this battle. Why? Well it's all about the fighting skills. To start off with Sephiroth has range with both his physical and magical attacks, he is relatively agile and is a revolutionary strong fighter. Kratos is without a doubt a mighty challenge for Sephiroth but let's just put things into perspective. Kratos is a mighty warrior and is physically stronger than Sephiroth in my opinion, but I feel that most of the time he wouldn't be able to get near Sephiroth. The only real way he could get close to the One Winged Angel is with agility which Kratos does not have much of. He is mainly about the brawn and although he can turn into a God, which is an extremely strong power, I don't think that it would be enough in this battle. Range vs close combatant - range nearly always comes out on top.

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
I don't have GOW so I didn't vote in the poll (as it would be unfair).
But from what I know, if they were to fight while both using the laws of their own universes, I'm going to give an example of how Sephiroth could win (but this is probably biased).
Sephiroth can fly. I'm pretty sure that all Kratos can do while Sephy is flying is stand around and wait. If Sephy is allowed use materia it's all over. If it's swordfighting only like in AC, then he can still fly back if Kratos uses one of his "going psycho crazy uber close combat moves" and then fly in and stab/decapitate when there's an opening.

Maybe for the next one we could have a FF character vs Vergil from DMC?
Cloudsdream2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 Cloudsdream2
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Really this is so unfair to Kratos, Sephy has all his peeps from the Final Fantasy Union voting for him and next i can see pikachu versus moogle where moogle will win... Oh and I voted for Sephy ^_^

Not only is he the best, he can just comet the planet and boom bye bye Kratos. Sephy can breathe in space and masamune is so totally gonna have you for breakfast. 8)
xaphi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 xaphi1
Member since 2005 • 9530 Posts
I voted for Sephiroth, because he just owns.
Avatar image for XIIAxelCrossIIX
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 XIIAxelCrossIIX
Member since 2005 • 1115 Posts
Eh, just as I expected. Oh well, I think I'll have two very competitive battles for you guys next week, both Final Fantasy characters. I think you all will like it a lot, let's just say they're both very, very popular. Almost....too popular.
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

Sephiroth, in my eyes, is definitely a dominate swordsman and could win easily in a battle of pure melee, but with 'the rage of the gods' I seriously think there could be no stopping Kratos from felling Sephiroth in a truly brutal display of raw power.. so I suppose it could go either way... but for this one instance, I pick Kratos, and that is my final answer.

P.S. No props for thinking up Kratos in your "What did you think about the character battle" topic???

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#63 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
I have them both and despite the extras Kratos is basically a hack a slasher and probably does not have the depth to outlast Seph.
tedtedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tedtedted
Member since 2005 • 1209 Posts
both Sephiroth and Kratos are pretty evenly matched. but i have to pick Kratos because if rage of the gods is level 5 then he has unlimited magical power so he could chuck lightning bolts at Sephiroth until it runs out.
davaris1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 davaris1984
Member since 2005 • 394 Posts
I think, Kratos is better as Sep..... because he has killed a GOD and when somebody kill a god then that means, he is a **** kiling mashine (terminator) :)
pridetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 pridetwo
Member since 2006 • 1226 Posts
personally i feel that the skill list for both of the characters were incomplete but in my little world sephiroth would win hands down because he is not limited to basic melee and semi ranged melee attacks but can also use summons and materia. and if any of you have played gow its just frustrating how difficult it is. its like devil may cry all over again without the badassness of it all. but it also depends because sephiroth could be whipping out some crazy magic when kratos interrupts his spellcasting with a fat slap in the face. also sephiroth can fly in FFAC so i would take that over kratos because eventually he could just stay up in the air throwing spells at kratos untill he dies. or he could just summon meteor and **** kratos up officially.
gearsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 gearsnake
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
Sephiroth! would own the no-existent socks off of kratos' feet. Ya Ya Kratos be big and strong, but how fast can he move compared to Sephiroth, Kratos will be all like "RAWR i am teh kill YOU!" but Sephiroth will be like "as if" an then he'll kill with his crazy awesome big masmune and BAM! Kratos will be like dead ,but worse cuz he'll be like in total pain cuz he turned god and like sephiroth kills him he'll be in like a helluva lot a pain cuz he be like alive and in pain and he'll say "I wish I was dead" and sephiroth will be like "OK" an he'll cut of kratos man parts an then say "ha! no more babies for you" and then wait a like half an hour and then cut off Kratos' head.AND then spit on him......... then dispel urine on him.
Cloud4220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Cloud4220
Member since 2006 • 1016 Posts

WOW ... *clap* clap* fantastic, FFU, another great character battlee u guys rock , well anyways im noit rlly sure , cuz based on the ataks u put for each one i would say kratos because they are more powerful and if u kno sephiroth like i do those hit him right wer it hurts.. lol, but if u base it on the atacks that sephiroth use on game and in AC , and ataks that kratos use on God of War then io would have to say Sephiroth cuz hes much faster and he can do Harvest Sin who would leave kratos about to die then sephiroth would quickly destroy wat left of him. but i dont know if u ask me i would really say a tie cuz they are both very strong characters , cuz ur right , they ARE GODS..lol but wateva keep doin great battles cuz this is JUST PURE FUN!!!!!! lol

CYA peace out FFU ROCKS!!!!!!!!

I STILL DONT KNO HOW TO PUT AN IMAGE OR BANNER ON MY SIGNATURE!!!! PM PLZZZZZ

gill9221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 gill9221
Member since 2004 • 449 Posts
haha, yet another completely biased battle. of course, i voted for sephiroth. george newbern deserves a cookie.
Rabid_Chocobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Rabid_Chocobo
Member since 2006 • 2072 Posts

Sephiroth, in my eyes, is definitely a dominate swordsman and could win easily in a battle of pure melee, but with 'the rage of the gods' I seriously think there could be no stopping Kratos from felling Sephiroth in a truly brutal display of raw power.. so I suppose it could go either way... but for this one instance, I pick Kratos, and that is my final answer.

P.S. No props for thinking up Kratos in your "What did you think about the character battle" topic???

KevComesRipping

Rage of the gods only lasts for like 15 seconds.

Sephiroth would win because he is.........superior8)

Kratos gets too angry he would run up to sephiroth and sephiroth would just trip him.

darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
Kratos would win a long hard fought out battle...he killed the god of war for christs sake.
turbotimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#72 turbotimer
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

Sephiroth wins.  Basing my answer on the games and movie FF 7, Kingdom Hearts2 and Advent Children.  Sephiroth is a mastermind and has ultimate speed; died in FF7 cuz of Cloud and friends, but still ressurected. Kratos had help from the gods. Kratos' life will run out faster than Sephiroths, but Kratos would never die because he'd go and sleep with his 'cool aides' in the ship.

Know what i mean?

YummyOreos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 YummyOreos
Member since 2006 • 461 Posts
Sephiroth would win in my opinion, so strong... hell to beat on kingdom heart's the first time. lol XD
GreatMno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 GreatMno
Member since 2004 • 2601 Posts

Well, based upon the things posted at the beginning, Sephritoh would win. Unfortunately, Kratos seemed to get short sticked here, so he loses. It would be a nice battle to see, though.

Chaos_four

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 Chaos_four
Member since 2003 • 319 Posts
Sephiroth is way more powerful than Kratos, he's got Jenova cells and he was the top ranked soldier.  No question here.
LSSJ3Vegitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76 LSSJ3Vegitto
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

Oh tough choice i still think sephiroth then again im biased

(hehe Super nova...)

koronatheif77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#77 koronatheif77
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
Sephiroth would win cuz he cool and is a great villian c'mon he almost destroyed the world by sumoning a huge metor
gamerrgurrl9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 gamerrgurrl9
Member since 2005 • 1982 Posts

I voted that they will both die,but I think they would both give up in winning after a hour or so and go grab a burger.