NHL 2011 General Discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1251 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
lol I jumped out of my seat when I saw the end score, I turned the game off at 4-0, when I turned it back on I had to double take. I hope the Bruins win the next game, I want the Nucks to win the cup, but I care about my entertainment first, so I want a game 7. Lol at Recci stinking his glove in Lapierre's mouth, if the B's tie it, this series will only get more and more intense, can't wait!
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1252 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

Our fans are some of the best, terrible troll attempt, it's been about 17 straight years of 3 Million fans, fact!! Cubs and Cards fans are up there as well, they didn't just start selling out their (tiny) stadium when the team started spending money and winning. They are now boycotting to get the owner out by the next pay cycle. This city sells out Dodger games, USC games and Laker games on the same day. Hey bro, remember the TD Ameritrade Bank North or whatever Garden chanting "MVP MVP MVP!" a few years ago for Kobe when Boston forgot they even had an NBA team.

I also like how you never posted in this thread until the Bruins reached the Final :lol:X360PS3AMD05
No why you don't go and check back in October when the thread was first created and I stated that the Bruins were going to win the cup. Secondly when your team is purposely sitting out players and has the worst record in the league and trying to get as many pong balls as possible it is a disgrace. So you know what I really don't care if people were chanting MVP because they had nothing else to cheer for.

edit:

Actually its on the first page

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1253 gameeer1
Member since 2006 • 16425 Posts

Nathan Horton's out for the rest of the finals.

You guys sure love your headshots.

This isn't the Scott Stevens era anymore, you don't have to aim for the head ffs. And I don't give a f*** about an argument if "his head is down", there's no reason to aim for the head. All that screams to me is intent to injure.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1254 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts

Hopefully Rome is out for the series. From past events this series Rome probably wont miss a game.

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1255 gameeer1

The hearing for him should be soon, and I would be furious if I was a Bruins fan if they don't discipline him enough. (Actually, I am furious for the total disregard of player safety.)

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1256 Swanogt19

Wow. Justice has been served. Rome gets four games.Vancouver's Rome suspended for four games for late hit - 2011 Stanley Cup Final - Canucks v Bruins

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1257 gameeer1

Yes. Serves him right.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#1258 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
I thought he would get 10 games since he left his feet.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1259 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

And this series shows why I hate the Canucks, even though I'm Canadian.

Staceys_Mom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1260 Staceys_Mom
Member since 2003 • 66 Posts

The only thing wrong with the hit was it was late other than that it was clean,if horton wasn't such a retard and kept his head up instead of admiring his pass he would have been fine. The suspension is complete BS, Chara didn't get anything for breaking Paciorettys neck, the NHL needs to get things together in the discipline department.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1261 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="Los9090"]And Burrows takes a big bite of Boston's chances of winning the Cup. Man, how angry must the Bruins and their fans be considering Burrows should be suspended for biting Bergeron...man the NHL better take a class on how to be consistent. TheMadGamer
I agree with the leagues decision here, I don't think the bite was intentional.

Please tell me you joking? I just noticed this post, but if you think that was not intentional then you are blind.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1262 xscrapzx

The only thing wrong with the hit was it was late other than that it was clean,if horton wasn't such a retard and kept his head up instead of admiring his pass he would have been fine. The suspension is complete BS, Chara didn't get anything for breaking Paciorettys neck, the NHL needs to get things together in the discipline department.

Staceys_Mom
First of all Pacioretty never broke his neck and secondly Chara's hit wasn't a blind side hit the puck was just released as Chara hit him, was it a dirty hit? No, was it interference? Yes. Thirdly Rome saw him pass the puck, lined him up in two seconds after the puck was gone and left his skates and drove his shoulder into his head. If that is not a dirty hit then I don't know what is.
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1263 gameeer1

Staceys_Mom

The point is that he shouldn't even be aiming for the f***ing head in the first place, PLUS he left his feet, something you are not supposed to do. If you watched the last part of 24/7 Pittsburgh v. Washington, the refs warned Ovechkin if he was going to be hitting players, keep your feet on the ice. There is no need to have headshots in the game.

Do you even care for the safety of the players?

Staceys_Mom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1265 Staceys_Mom
Member since 2003 • 66 Posts

[QUOTE="Staceys_Mom"]

xscrapzx

First of all Pacioretty never broke his neck and secondly Chara's hit wasn't a blind side hit the puck was just released as Chara hit him, was it a dirty hit? No, was it interference? Yes. Thirdly Rome saw him pass the puck, lined him up in two seconds after the puck was gone and left his skates and drove his shoulder into his head. If that is not a dirty hit then I don't know what is.

Charas hit was the dirtiest hit i've seen since Claude Lemieux was playing the game.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1266 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="Staceys_Mom"]

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Staceys_Mom"]

Charas hit was the dirtiest hit i've seen since Claude Lemieux was playing the game.

You mind friend don't know hockey then at all.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1267 Los9090

Staceys_Mom

Well now that Colin Campbell has stepped down, maybe we'll see a change.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1268 Swanogt19

Staceys_Mom

Rome left his feet. Chara didn't(I was waiting for someone to bring this up. again). If the pole wasn't there Pacioretty would've fallen into the bench. But w/e. Rome left his feet, the hit was late, and was aimed towards the heard.

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1269 gameeer1

I know many people aren't going to give a damn about this, and is relatively old news now, but Philadephia acquired the rights to Ilya Bryzgalov.

Good for them I guess.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1270 Los9090

I know many people aren't going to give a damn about this, and is relatively old news now, but Philadephia acquired the rights to Ilya Bryzgalov.

Good for them I guess.

gameeer1
I don't know why Philly did this unless they are shopping one of their top dollar contracts. Bryz is probably looking to get a contract in the range of $5 million a year and the Flyers are really close to the cap.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1271 xscrapzx

Bruins BABY!!!! YESAH!

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1272 gameeer1

Luongo's getting roasted! I AM LOVING THIS!

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1273 Los9090
Geez, two games and its Boston 12-Vancouver-1. Ouch.
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1274 gameeer1

Pretty bad when they show the Rogers Arena cheering for Luongo getting pulled.

But this is awesome, plus seeing Kaberle lift that cup over his head will be glorious.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1275 Swanogt19

But this is awesome, plus seeing Kaberle lift that cup over his head will be glorious.

gameeer1
And not even all of the goals are his fault. One, if not two goals were not his fault. Tim Thomas being a beast. Throwing a hit in Game 2 and then gets a penalty in Game 3.
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1276 gameeer1

[QUOTE="gameeer1"]

Swanogt19

And not even all of the goals are his fault. One, if not two goals were not his fault. Tim Thomas being a beast. Throwing a hit in Game 2 and then gets a penalty in Game 3.

Boston fans I feel have not given him enough credit, he can't do everything on the PP like they were expecting. Even Claude Julien stood up for him when he said the other players need to help him out. But I also feel like maybe Boston fans when Raymond Bourque went to Colorado to win his only championship. Obviously he is nowhere near the legend that is Bourque, he was still a huge part of the Toronto team that were contenders in the early 00s and was still our best puck-moving defenseman. Perhaps Boston fans are forgetting the detail plays he makes (especially looking at what he did tonight, he consistently kept the puck in Vancouver's zone, recovered it at the blue line and shot it back in, etc.).

Plus, I was pretty sure that before the finals started, he was tied for the lead in playoff points on Boston's D.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1277 Swanogt19

I was referring to Luongo. ;)

1nf4m0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1278 1nf4m0us
Member since 2009 • 124 Posts

Great game from the Bruins today, really dominated the second and third periods. I agree that Luongo had it tough, with two of the goals this game coming off his team mates, but he wasnt playing well and did deserve to be pulled. Id expect to see him back in game 5 though.

Tim Thomas you beast! Great saves from time after time. After game 2 people were calling for him to change his style, but he didnt, and look whats happened: 1 goal in 2 games, and consistent goal defence. Plus i love the physicallity he brings :P.

Marchand tieing the Bruins record for goals scored by a rookie in a playoff series with 8. Id love to see him get his 9th. He can be such an impact player at times and, despite being a bit rocky in games 1 and 2, hes really done well in games 3 and 4.

2 goals to Peverly, good all round performace from him.

Looking forward to seeing the Bruins holding that cup up!!

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1279 gameeer1

I was referring to Luongo. ;)

Swanogt19
Well, some of it could be applied to Kaberle. :P
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1280 Los9090

So the New York Rangers might buy out Chris Drury...as per TSN.

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1281 gameeer1

Leafs re-sign James Reimer to a three year contract. Hopefully this year wasn't a fluke.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1282 Los9090

Leafs re-sign James Reimer to a three year contract. Hopefully this year wasn't a fluke.

gameeer1
Think they'll try to keep Giguere now? And Chris Drury has been officially bought out.
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1283 gameeer1
[QUOTE="gameeer1"]

Los9090
Think they'll try to keep Giguere now? And Chris Drury has been officially bought out.

Definitely not. They aren't going to give up on Gustavsson just yet, and I doubt they will buy him out. Though, Gustavsson will probably be the backup once the season starts up again.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1284 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Get it together Canucks! The West coast is pulling for you!
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1285 gameeer1
Get it together Canucks! The West coast is pulling for you!X360PS3AMD05
Damn, pretty bad when the country they are playing in hates their guts east of the Rockies.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1286 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

Get it together Canucks! The West coast is pulling for you!X360PS3AMD05

I'm definitely not pulling for them. :P

I am loving Luongo being destroyed.

I personally think he'll bounce back and the Canucks will win game 5.

Bruins in 7.

Maybe one of my predictions will come true. :o

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1287 gameeer1

[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]Get it together Canucks! The West coast is pulling for you!no_more_fayth

I'm definitely not pulling for them. :P

I am loving Luongo being destroyed.

I personally think he'll bounce back and the Canucks will win game 5.

Bruins in 7.

Maybe one of my predictions will come true. :o

I'd rather see the Bruins win it in Boston and keep destroying them.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1288 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

gameeer1
Love it. They've screwed up with goalies in the past namely Rask and keeping Pogge. Hopefully the team doesn't stop playing strong defense in front like the other goalies. Gustavsson stays for a year, but I expect Rynnas will be up this year based on Jonas' health issues. Rynnas WAS a higher rated prospect in the AHL, so it'd be nice to have to great goalies for a change. Complete momentum swing this series. Very physical, outside of one hit it's been fun to watch.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1289 Los9090
[QUOTE="gameeer1"]

JohnBean42
Love it. They've screwed up with goalies in the past namely Rask and keeping Pogge. Hopefully the team doesn't stop playing strong defense in front like the other goalies. Gustavsson stays for a year, but I expect Rynnas will be up this year based on Jonas' health issues. Rynnas WAS a higher rated prospect in the AHL, so it'd be nice to have to great goalies for a change. Complete momentum swing this series. Very physical, outside of one hit it's been fun to watch.

And who could forget Toskala?
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1290 gameeer1
[QUOTE="JohnBean42"][QUOTE="gameeer1"]

Los9090

And who could forget Toskala?

Why did you remind me? And also, I will have to admit gg tonight, really tight game.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1291 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

Canucks Win!! Canucks Win!

We've now put a loaded gun on Bostons head... All thats left is to pull the trigger :twisted:

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1292 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12393 Posts
I wanted the B's to win the cup at home but it seems this series is going 7 games.
TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1293 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

Well, looks like I'll me making my way to downtown Vancouver on Monday to join in the festivities when they win! ;)

vicekingz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1295 vicekingz
Member since 2008 • 374 Posts

Just one more win baby!!!

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#1297 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]Was very mad at the way Canucks let game 3 and 4 let slide. Luongo was great tonight and we came through with the win. Just one more to go! Boston has been amazing though.

I think Vancouver did a little more than let games 3 and 4 "slide."
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1298 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Saw this on Yahoo "Que Chara Chara Boston losers will be The future it's bright to see Que Chara Chara" lol
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1299 Los9090

Well, looks like I'll me making my way to downtown Vancouver on Monday to join in the festivities when they win! ;)

TheMadGamer
By rioting?
TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1300 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts
[QUOTE="TheMadGamer"]

Los9090
By rioting?

Yeah, I really hope there isn't a repeat of what happened in '94 if they lose.