NBA 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2001 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50610 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

It's not like he threw it at his head. He threw it at his back/buttox. Lebron did get hit hard by O'Neal. I think the refs handled it well.

yokofox33

Come on, you throw a ball at a guy you should get more than a technical, no matter if you were provoked or not.

Again, it's not like he wound up and threw it as hard as he could with one arm. He did a 2-hand pass to his back area. It's a technical. Not a flagrant.

Jermaine O'Neal's play is a flagrant. Not a weak 2-hand pass to the back. If he hit him in the head or threw it harder then yeah ok.

Dude, come on lol. He did a overhead "pass" to his back? Uh huh...

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2002 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] Come on, you throw a ball at a guy you should get more than a technical, no matter if you were provoked or not.Chutebox

Again, it's not like he wound up and threw it as hard as he could with one arm. He did a 2-hand pass to his back area. It's a technical. Not a flagrant.

Jermaine O'Neal's play is a flagrant. Not a weak 2-hand pass to the back. If he hit him in the head or threw it harder then yeah ok.

Dude, come on lol. I did a overhead "pass" to his back? Uh huh...

I don't think it warranted a flagrant at all. And he clearly threw it at him, but I was just saying it looked like it had the velocity of a pass. I.E. not very hard. I don't think we are going to change each others minds though =p
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2003 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

Dude, come on lol. I did a overhead "pass" to his back? Uh huh...

I don't think it warranted a flagrant at all. And he clearly threw it at him, but I was just saying it looked like it had the velocity of a pass. I.E. not very hard. I don't think we are going to change each others minds though =p

Ya, don't see that happening. Oh well! lol Wasn't exactly a game changer.

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2004 Conscrumptured
Member since 2010 • 797 Posts
All I know is Miami fans need to learn about basketball. There were, like, two times during this game, once for Dwyane early on against Davis -- and the other one has escaped my memory -- where Wade charged on Davis, but as he shot the ball it went into the basket -- okay, the cheers make sense. But you can clearly see the referee calling for the charge, yet the fans didn't start booing until the ball was already being inbounded by Boston. Almost anywhere else, in any other arena, they would have started booing when you saw the ref motion for the charge and announce Boston ball. Good win for the Heat, nonetheless. Their fans could be smarter, though.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2005 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

All I know is Miami fans need to learn about basketball. There were, like, two times during this game, once for Dwyane early on against Davis -- and the other one has escaped my memory -- where Wade charged on Davis, but as he shot the ball it went into the basket -- okay, the cheers make sense. But you can clearly see the referee calling for the charge, yet the fans didn't start booing until the ball was already being inbounded by Boston. Almost anywhere else, in any other arena, they would have started booing when you saw the ref motion for the charge and announce Boston ball. Good win for the Heat, nonetheless. Their fans could be smarter, though.Conscrumptured

Yeah, there's a reason Miami's the only team (as far as I know) that needs signs like this.
It's gotta be frustrating to be a real Heat fan (like yoko) when there are so many Miami fans who halfass it.

fanup

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2006 Conscrumptured
Yeah. Sorry, Yoko. I hope you know I didn't mean you as a fan.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2007 yokofox33

Haha, no offense taken. Miami fans are terrible. I'll admit I don't go to many games (I can't afford them and I live far away), so I can't really criticize the fan base too much.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2008 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I actually live in south Florida and the fans aren't really terrible.

Its easy to judge that from hundreds of miles away but the people at the games don't really represent ALL Heat fans.

The Heat fans I know are just as dedicated and loyal as any others fans.

What mocking LeBron got old? Now its time to mock the fans? lmao :P

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2009 JML897

Jagged3dge

Show me another NBA contender that needs a poster made to tell the fans how to be a good fan.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2010 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

JML897

Show me another NBA contender that needs a poster made to tell the fans how to be a good fan.

Blame the outrageous ticket prices, all these rich people don't appreciate the sport or the team. Doesn't mean that all fans are like that, just the wealthy ones lol.

Once white hot heat playoffs roll around I hope it'll be just like 06 :D

Nevertheless, haters welcome.

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2011 Conscrumptured
What mocking LeBron got old? Now its time to mock the fans? lmao :PJagged3dge
If you're talking about me, I never mock Bron-Bron; well, except for calling him Bron-Bron and the occasional horrible shot he puts up during clutch-time; but otherwise, I have nothing against him. I thought his hour-long broadcast just to leave a team was a bit much, but I hope he excels and Miami and earns himself a ring or two or more because I happen to know he's a really great player. HOWEVER. The fans at that game tonight, and I know they don't represent all of Miami fans, but the ones there really need to learn more about basketball. That's all I'm saying.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2012 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]What mocking LeBron got old? Now its time to mock the fans? lmao :PConscrumptured
If you're talking about me, I never mock Bron-Bron; well, except for calling him Bron-Bron and the occasional horrible shot he puts up during clutch-time; but otherwise, I have nothing against him. I thought his hour-long broadcast just to leave a team was a bit much, but I hope he excels and Miami and earns himself a ring or two or more because I happen to know he's a really great player. HOWEVER. The fans at that game tonight, and I know they don't represent all of Miami fans, but the ones there really need to learn more about basketball. That's all I'm saying.

I wasn't acusing you personally which is why I didn't quote you.

And I just find it dumb how there's no commentary on the win, this board always has to find a way to bash the Heat.

If we lost it would be, "bye Heat you have no chance against boston" or "LMAO 0-4"

But no, we get the win so there needs to be something to criticize about...you guys need to get a hobby or something. :lol:

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2013 Jagged3dge

Just saying, I was post 2012 :shock:

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2014 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Dwight Howard didn't even play today and he convinced me he's the MVP. Rose is still a great candidate for MVP, although I'll probably always see him as #2
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2015 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

I think all signs point to a Bulls-Magic second round matchup. I really think the Bulls could be in trouble there with Howard.

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2016 Conscrumptured
Haha. Artest wants the Thunder to win by more points, it seems.
wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2017 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

Wtf happend to the Lakers? They play the Spurs next. Kings last. They should beat the Kings. Still what an awful way to enter the Playoffs.

Great win for the Heat but Boston has the tie-breaker. Oh wait the Celtics are still coasting, right No_Hablo? They let the Heat win. :P Seriously though I'm sure Boston wants that 2 seed. They almost made a come-back today.

Whats with the Heat giving up 20point leads? Its like they start falling apart once they reach the 20 mark. They should keep their leads under 20 so they can stay in the game :lol:

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2018 JML897

Whats with the Heat giving up 20point leads? Its like they start falling apart once they reach the 20 mark. They should keep their leads under 20 so they can stay in the game :lol:

wildcat2000

The Bulls do the same thing, it's really annoying.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2019 Jagged3dge

Wtf happend to the Lakers? They play the Spurs next. Kings last. They should beat the Kings. Still what an awful way to enter the Playoffs.

Great win for the Heat but Boston has the tie-breaker. Oh wait the Celtics are still coasting, right No_Hablo? They let the Heat win. :P Seriously though I'm sure Boston wants that 2 seed. They almost made a come-back today.

wildcat2000

I wouldn't say that they almost gave it up, but they did let them back in the game.

They never got within 5 so I'd hardly say they made a comeback.

They went on a little run but so did the Heat in game 1, it always happens, its just that teams begin to get a little comfortable.

We still need to finish strong, we have the Hawks and Raptors left...we have to play those games like we did tonight.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2020 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
Oh wait the Celtics are still coasting, right No_Hablo? They let the Heat win. :P wildcat2000
Oh, if only someone predicted that the Celtics would be the 3 seed before the All Star Break... oh, wait I did.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2021 yokofox33

lmao

The Heat have blown another 20-point lead. This time to the Hawk's bench squad. Embarassing.

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2022 mont13
Member since 2006 • 1468 Posts

Start the playoffs already!

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2023 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

If Lakers end up as a foruth seed then lol. that ASB run was totally worthless.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2024 wildcat2000

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"] Oh wait the Celtics are still coasting, right No_Hablo? They let the Heat win. :P No_Hablo_Ingles
Oh, if only someone predicted that the Celtics would be the 3 seed before the All Star Break... oh, wait I did.

Doesn't matter if you predicted it. You convinced yourself the Celtics did not care about getting the best seed possible. Obviously today against the Wizards they rested Paul and the others but I'm sure they wanted to beat the Bulls and especially the Heat.

That Coasting excuse is so old now. Everyone cares about seeding. For a Boston fan you sure make them out to be push-overs.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2026 Jagged3dge

Too bad there's not going to be a Heat-Knicks first round match up.. all story lines considered that would be have been fun to watch.

KingOfOldSkool

I'm glad, the media would blow it up way to large.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2027 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="wildcat2000"] Oh wait the Celtics are still coasting, right No_Hablo? They let the Heat win. :P wildcat2000

Doesn't matter if you predicted it. You convinced yourself the Celtics did not care about getting the best seed possible. Obviously today against the Wizards they rested Paul and the others but I'm sure they wanted to beat the Bulls and especially the Heat.

That Coasting excuse is so old now. Everyone cares about seeding. For a Boston fan you sure make them out to be push-overs.

To be perfectly honest... I don't really care what you have to say. Whether you want to accept it or not is irrelevant and immaterial. I don't make them out to be pushovers, I make them out to be what they are; a veteran team that can win in any building and needs to be healthy in the playoffs to win it. Accept it or not, I do not care. Choose the one you feel more conformable with for all I care if it helps you sleep at night.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2028 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

The Knicks had the Bulls running in the first half and now the Bulls are pulling a 20 point lead in the 3rd Qtr while the Knicks only scored 4pts! :o

Crazy game tonight

bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2029 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts
And, with that, the Bulls have beaten every team in the league at least once.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2030 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Damn, Bynum went down again:( He was walking so hopefully it's nothing big, hopefully just a little tweak or something. I thought the worse when he wasn't standing up at first
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2031 JML897

So the Lakers might have problems with Chicken Pox? :?

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/04/three-lakers-havent-had-chicken-pox-bryant-bynum-and-artest.html

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2032 wildcat2000

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Oh, if only someone predicted that the Celtics would be the 3 seed before the All Star Break... oh, wait I did.No_Hablo_Ingles

To be perfectly honest... I don't really care what you have to say. Whether you want to accept it or not is irrelevant and immaterial. I don't make them out to be pushovers, I make them out to be what they are; a veteran team that can win in any building and needs to be healthy in the playoffs to win it. Accept it or not, I do not care. Choose the one you feel more conformable with for all I care if it helps you sleep at night.

:lol: you mean if it helps YOU sleep at night. Of course the one time the Heat beat the Celtics (and the Bulls clinch No. 1) you're just gonna pass it off saying it doesn't matter cause the season is ending.

I'm not even trying to insult Boston. All I'm trying to say is, they are more passionate about winning than you give them credit for.

I just wonder what you would use in place of if the Coasting thing was never brought up. You don't have to reply since the East seeding is all done anyway.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2033 No_Hablo_Ingles

:lol: you mean if it helps YOU sleep at night. Of course the one time the Heat beat the Celtics (and the Bulls clinch No. 1) you're just gonna pass it off saying it doesn't matter cause the season is ending..

wildcat2000

please show me when I have said "it doesn't matter..."

That's simply a straw man argument that you have continously repeated. At no point in time have a said that the loses don't matter at all, I have said on the otherhand that Boston has enough veterns to win anywhere. Whether in South beach or in Chi-town.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2034 wildcat2000

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

:lol: you mean if it helps YOU sleep at night. Of course the one time the Heat beat the Celtics (and the Bulls clinch No. 1) you're just gonna pass it off saying it doesn't matter cause the season is ending..

No_Hablo_Ingles

That's simply a straw man argument that you have continously repeated. At no point in time have a said that the loses don't matter at all, I have said on the otherhand that Boston has enough veterns to win anywhere. Whether in South beach or in Chi-town.

Oh please. Thats all you've been saying by using your "Coasting" thing everytime they lose. Saying they'll just turn it on in the playoffs.

You like using the "Strawman" term yet you're the one that kept saying "They're just coasting" to justify all of their recent loses.

Anyway your arguments don't hold up when even you said (in the other thread) the Knicks might beat the Celtics in the first round. Shows how much confidence you have in them.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2036 No_Hablo_Ingles
I already have a full time job, I'm not going to get another one correcting you every time you misunderstand something.
wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2037 wildcat2000

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

No_Hablo_Ingles

Well since you can't think of anything to say I guess the conversation is over.

Enjoy the Playoffs.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2038 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

wildcat2000

Well since you can't think of anything to say I guess the conversation is over.

Enjoy the Playoffs.

accidental double post.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2039 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
It really doesn't matter until the playoffs, teams do coast all the time. Looks like the guy who said the Spurs will win it all might be onto something if Bynum is really hurt.........
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2040 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

It really doesn't matter until the playoffs, teams do coast all the time. Looks like the guy who said the Spurs will win it all might be onto something if Bynum is really hurt.........X360PS3AMD05

This is true and it isn't. Going into the playoffs on a hot streak can sometimes be a boost, but you never really know until the playoffs start. It's true that a losing streak or a seed isn't going to determine playoff losses necessarily. The only thing I find a little hypocritical from Hablos is that earlier in the season he was saying how the Bulls hadn't beaten anybody, every time they beat a team like Miami or Boston their stars were all being rested, Chicago's not going to be a high seed, going to be behind at least Miami and Boston, etc. Now the Bulls are the one seed and they beat the top teams with their best stars on the court to do it and all he has to say is that Boston wasn't REALLY trying. Come on, a little credit.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2041 No_Hablo_Ingles
, Chicago's not going to be a high seed, going to be behind at least Miami and Boston, etc. theone86
What? I said days before the all star break (when the celtics where in 1st place) the celtics would be the 3 seed, Heat 1 seed, and the Bulls the 2 seed. The 2 seed isn't a high seed?
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2042 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"], Chicago's not going to be a high seed, going to be behind at least Miami and Boston, etc. No_Hablo_Ingles
What? I said days before the all star break (when the celtics where in 1st place) the celtics would be the 3 seed, Heat 1 seed, and the Bulls the 2 seed. The 2 seed isn't a high seed?

I dunno, maybe this was before the all-star break, maybe I'm not remembering the conversation exactly (I thought you said Chicago was going to be a three seed at best, maybe I'm not remembering it correctly. Not that it's not a high seed). However, I do specifically remember you saying that Chicago was beating top teams because they were short-handed.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2043 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="theone86"], Chicago's not going to be a high seed, going to be behind at least Miami and Boston, etc. theone86

I dunno, maybe this was before the all-star break, maybe I'm not remembering the conversation exactly (I thought you said Chicago was going to be a three seed at best, maybe I'm not remembering it correctly. Not that it's not a high seed). However, I do specifically remember you saying that Chicago was beating top teams because they were short-handed.

I don't recall saying that about the Heat game, but I did say they beat a Kg-less celtics.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2044 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] What? I said days before the all star break (when the celtics where in 1st place) the celtics would be the 3 seed, Heat 1 seed, and the Bulls the 2 seed. The 2 seed isn't a high seed? No_Hablo_Ingles

I don't recall saying that about the Heat game, but I did say they beat a Kg-less celtics.

And they also just beat a KG-fied Boston squad and held him to 10 points. I noticed you didn't feel the need to chime in on that game.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2045 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="theone86"]

DJ_Magneto

And they also just beat a KG-fied Boston squad and held him to 10 points. I noticed you didn't feel the need to chime in on that game.

Has no bearing on a post made months before that occured and I didn't watch the game, nor have I watched any game for over a week.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2046 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] I don't recall saying that about the Heat game, but I did say they beat a Kg-less celtics.No_Hablo_Ingles

Has no bearing on a post made months before that occured and I didn't watch the game, nor have I watched any game for over a week.

I think it has bearing. You always liked to qualify the one win that the Bulls had over the Celts (before last Thursday) was with a KG-less roster. (Noah didn't play that game either.) No one I can recall seemed to qualify the first Celts win (in OT) because the Bulls were without Boozer. Well, here we are weeks later and both teams had their main components. Unless you consider Shaq's absence as the reason why the Bulls won that one. But I forgot, you didn't watch that game.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2047 Chutebox

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] I don't recall saying that about the Heat game, but I did say they beat a Kg-less celtics.No_Hablo_Ingles

A true fan.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2048 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]And they also just beat a KG-fied Boston squad and held him to 10 points. I noticed you didn't feel the need to chime in on that game.Chutebox

A true fan.

Real life obligations > Watching a basketball games
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#2049 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
What an amazing season for the Chicago Bulls. Hopefully they can continue their success in the playoffs. I knew this team was good enough to win 60 wins, but I didn't think it would come this quickly.
pokefan_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2050 pokefan_10
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts

This is amazing. All 30 teams playing in one night!