Manning finally feels what it feels like to be Brady last year

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
With Clark and Harrison out, Manning threw 4 INTs. With only Reggie Wayne and two crap recievers, Manning finally knows what it is like to have Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel as your top two recievers.
piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 piper77
Member since 2003 • 2245 Posts
yeah but with a b list of receivers last year, brady could still produce.
Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
Everyone has a bad game, even Peyton Manning.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Ha ha ha...ya know...I was thinking the same thing...except the Colts Reggie Wayne is leagues better than Reche Coldwell was...it's good...I want to see Manning struggle...just goes to show how much better Brady is...he had alot less last year than Manning has right now!!!
pkharkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pkharkin
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

yeah but with a b list of receivers last year, brady could still produce.piper77

And Brady didn't have a wideout named Craphonso Thorpe who actually played a minute. #15.

Anyhow, I'd still argue that Manning's weapons this year are better than Brady's last year. I think its just a case of Manning being without his two safety valves (Clark and Harrison). He really hasn't been without Harrison or a stud TE during his peak.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dkhw

Everyone has a bad game, even Peyton Manning.sfgiantsfan8291

Manning doesn't throw 5 INTs when he has the weapons. Last one was all on him though, but I doubt he throw it right to the defender if he had Clark or Harrison.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
Hmm, this reminds of another game earlier this year. Oh yeah, Cowboys vs Bills, and everyone was all on Romo for throwing 5 INTs saying he's trash. Bad games happen to even the best.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

[QUOTE="sfgiantsfan8291"]Everyone has a bad game, even Peyton Manning.dkhw

Manning doesn't throw 5 INTs when he has the weapons. Last one was all on him though, but I doubt he throw it right to the defender if he had Clark or Harrison.

It's not just having b list recievers. When Brady had them, he practiced with them every day. At least he was on the same page with them. Manning is not used to playing without Harrison, Clark, or playing with Thorpe or Fletcher. Saying that, he played really bad most of the game. But hey, Brady last year threw 4 interceptions against the dolphins. These people are humans and they have bad games once in awhile.

I won't turn this into a Brady vs Manning arguement like some people are trying to do.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
One game :P
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 manningbowl135
Cliche and it's Brady's catchphrase, but Manning at least is doing it when it counts.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#12 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Just shows how bad a year SD is having, 5 ints by manning and Colts are 1st and goal with 2 mins left and only down by 2.
rudyfan04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 rudyfan04
Member since 2004 • 4448 Posts

True, I mean this could be his bad game, and for example Romo had the bills game, Andersen had the first Steelers game..... You can't be perfect all year, maybe Brady's will come in the playoffs.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrgab

Just shows how bad a year SD is having, 5 ints by manning and Colts are 1st and goal with 2 mins left and only down by 2.mrgab

never mind, he didnt get the first

rudyfan04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rudyfan04
I swear, if the Colts lose this game somehow, I will crap my pants in happiness
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

I swear, if the Colts lose this game somehow, I will crap my pants in happiness rudyfan04

How did he miss that kick :lol:

rudyfan04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rudyfan04
*Craps pants in happiness*
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 manningbowl135
Wow. Vinetieri's clutchness is gone.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Wow. Vinetieri's clutchness is gone.manningbowl135

Well, lets see if Manning still has his. 22 seconds left.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"]

[QUOTE="sfgiantsfan8291"]Everyone has a bad game, even Peyton Manning.manningbowl135

It's not just having b list recievers. When Brady had them, he practiced with them every day. At least he was on the same page with them. Manning is not used to playing without Harrison, Clark, or playing with Thorpe or Fletcher. Saying that, he played really bad most of the game. But hey, Brady last year threw 4 interceptions against the dolphins. These people are humans and they have bad games once in awhile.

I won't turn this into a Brady vs Manning arguement like some people are trying to do.

Yeah. I agree with you. All I said was that Manning is finally getting a taste of what it is like without an elite recieving corps.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrgab
Wow, that was a weird ending.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]Wow. Vinetieri's clutchness is gone.limpbizkit818

Well, lets see if Manning still has his. 22 seconds left.

22 seconds, no timeouts, you can't throw to 90% of the field. It's pathetic that Vinetieri missed that. Pathetic.

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="dkhw"]

[QUOTE="sfgiantsfan8291"]Everyone has a bad game, even Peyton Manning.dkhw

Yeah. I agree with you. All I said was that Manning is finally getting a taste of what it is like without an elite recieving corps.

I was responding to guys like piper and tryfe. Just picked your post for some reason.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dkhw

Hmm, this reminds of another game earlier this year. Oh yeah, Cowboys vs Bills, and everyone was all on Romo for throwing 5 INTs saying he's trash. Bad games happen to even the best.Bobbles

Actually, it's nothing like the Romo game. You should think before saying something like this. Manning's offense was battered, but Romo's offense was healthy with the exception of Terry Glenn and Romo still managed to screw himself that game.

piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 piper77
Member since 2003 • 2245 Posts
manning sucks without his receiving corps. 6 ints. can't win! not even with wayne! and the chargers was giving the game away!
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dkhw

manning sucks without his receiving corps. 6 ints. can't win! not even with wayne! and the chargers was giving the game away!piper77

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. This was one game. There is no way to know how well Manning will do without an elite core of recievers since he was never without them most of his career.

i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts
6 interceptions wow...
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 manningbowl135

manning sucks without his receiving corps. 6 ints. can't win! not even with wayne! and the chargers was giving the game away!piper77

I guess I shouldn't have wasted a post on you...

The ratio of Patriots fans who actually make sense on this board is very low. Don't take this as an insult dkhw. You know it's true. I'm obviously not including you in that.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dkhw

[QUOTE="piper77"]manning sucks without his receiving corps. 6 ints. can't win! not even with wayne! and the chargers was giving the game away!manningbowl135

I guess I shouldn't have wasted a post on you...

The ratio of Patriots fans who actually make sense on this board is very low. Don't take this as an insult dkhw. You know it's true. I'm obviously not including you in that.

Thanks. And also, the weather was extremely bad. If you saw that Philips fumble, you could tell how bad the weather was at San Diego. Add to that Manning didn't have Clark or Harrison, it wasn't suprising that Manning had a bad game, but it was suprising that he got picked off for career high 5 INTs.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
What a good game.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dkhw

What a good game.Just_Osmo

It was. Colts gave us two back-to-back good games.

rudyfan04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rudyfan04

[QUOTE="Bobbles"]Hmm, this reminds of another game earlier this year. Oh yeah, Cowboys vs Bills, and everyone was all on Romo for throwing 5 INTs saying he's trash. Bad games happen to even the best.dkhw

Actually, it's nothing like the Romo game. You should think before saying something like this. Manning's offense was battered, but Romo's offense was healthy with the exception of Terry Glenn and Romo still managed to screw himself that game.

No one seems to like Romo... I mean he isn't Tom Brady (yet) but he sure the hell isn't a Rex Grossman, he is a good quarterback, and the difference betweenthis SNF gameand the Cowboys game was that the 'Boys actually won, even with Romo's self destruction that week. Watching him in the past weeks, it's obvious that that was a one time thing. Everyone has a bad game.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bobbles

[QUOTE="Bobbles"]Hmm, this reminds of another game earlier this year. Oh yeah, Cowboys vs Bills, and everyone was all on Romo for throwing 5 INTs saying he's trash. Bad games happen to even the best.dkhw

Lmao, whatever dude. It doesn't matter who his recievers are, he still threw 6 INTs tonight, Rom threw 5. Oh, but its nothing alike because Manning didn't have Clark or Harrison. An INT is an INT dude, and everyone has bad games.
VaughaneyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VaughaneyD
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

[QUOTE="sfgiantsfan8291"]Everyone has a bad game, even Peyton Manning.rudyfan04

True, I mean this could be his bad game, and for example Romo had the bills game, Andersen had the first Steelers game..... You can't be perfect all year, maybe Brady's will come in the playoffs.

agreeded
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Actually Romo led the Cowboys down the field and scored a TD then he led them again to FG range and the kicker Nick Folk delivered.....too bad Vinatieri didn't deliver for Peyton. Folk>Vinatieri....oh im only kidding! :D
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"]

[QUOTE="Bobbles"]Hmm, this reminds of another game earlier this year. Oh yeah, Cowboys vs Bills, and everyone was all on Romo for throwing 5 INTs saying he's trash. Bad games happen to even the best.Bobbles

Lmao, whatever dude. It doesn't matter who his recievers are, he still threw 6 INTs tonight, Rom threw 5. Oh, but its nothing alike because Manning didn't have Clark or Harrison. An INT is an INT dude, and everyone has bad games.

Actually it does matter. Colts started the game with just 17 offensive players. With a battered line that got overwhelmed early on and an unfamiliar recieving corps and a bad, bad weather, Manning should have expected a bad game, but of course not 6 INTs. But Romo playing on a perfect weather, with a perfectly healthy offense, still managed to screw himself. If you think that's the same thing, I think you really should get your brain checked or something.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
Yeah, it was just a bad game. I chalk it up to the rain. I would still take Manning over Brady any day.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#38 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts
all i know is they had the game won and a False start possibly cost them a game, had they just kicked a field goal with no Senanigans Vinateri maybe would have made it.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bobbles
[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="dkhw"]

Actually it does matter. Colts started the game with just 17 offensive players. With a battered line that got overwhelmed early on and an unfamiliar recieving corps and a bad, bad weather, Manning should have expected a bad game, but of course not 6 INTs. But Romo playing on a perfect weather, with a perfectly healthy offense, still managed to screw himself. If you think that's the same thing, I think you really should get your brain checked or something.

It doesn't matter if you are an accurate passer. You won't throw INTs like that even if you have receivers out, even if your offense is banged up. He threw 6 INTs because he had a bad game, like Romo had a bad game. The whole point is that everyone has bad games, not that Romo is better then Manning or that the games are equal. Stop hating.
Minder22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Minder22
Member since 2004 • 487 Posts

agreed

PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#41 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
Everyone has a bad game huh? You know it would be different if this was Tom Brady throwing six interceptions everyone would be saying hes overrated and that he stinks. While I don't think Manning is either of those it shows how off you can be without great receivers at your disposal.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 manningbowl135

Everyone has a bad game huh? You know it would be different if this was Tom Brady throwing six interceptions everyone would be saying hes overrated and that he stinks. While I don't think Manning is either of those it shows how off you can be without great receivers at your disposal.PatsFanVince

Brady threw 4 interceptions against the Dolphins last year and the Patriots lost that game. I didn't hear anyone saying it was anything more than a bad game. If anyone did, they're stupid. These quarterbacks have a proven track record showing they're the best of the best. One game does absolutely nothing to diminish that.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="dkhw"]

[QUOTE="Bobbles"]Hmm, this reminds of another game earlier this year. Oh yeah, Cowboys vs Bills, and everyone was all on Romo for throwing 5 INTs saying he's trash. Bad games happen to even the best.Bobbles

It doesn't matter if you are an accurate passer. You won't throw INTs like that even if you have receivers out, even if your offense is banged up. He threw 6 INTs because he had a bad game, like Romo had a bad game. The whole point is that everyone has bad games, not that Romo is better then Manning or that the games are equal. Stop hating.

My bad if I sounded like I was dissing Romo, but I am really not. Peyton Manning's bad game was a build-up of different factors in that game while we can say the same for the Romo game. Romo just had a plain bad day while Peyton's game was attributed to different factors. It's quite stupid to disregard the disadvantages that Peyton had to deal with throughout the game and equal that to the Romo game where he had everything, but didn't excute and had a plain bad day.

But here you are, telling me that Romo game and Peyton game was exactly the same. Let's see: banged up line, WR corps comprmised of Moorehead (Career 27 receptions) and Thorpe ( 0 career receptions), and a wet, rainy, slippery weather. You really can't be arguing this. There is nothing to argue about. I gurantee you. If you are getting pressured because of a bange up line and Wayne double, triple teamed and your only option is Moorehead and Thorpe, you are going to have a bad game.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
The only one who sucks here is Phillip Rivers and that Chargers offense, after seeing them playing against the Vikes and Colts that offense is pitiful. I guess I was wrong about Rivers, he can't throw for ***!
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dkhw

The only one who sucks here is Phillip Rivers and that Chargers offense, after seeing them playing against the Vikes and Colts that offense is pitiful. I guess I was wrong about Rivers, he can't throw for ***!D3s7rUc71oN

Yep. He looked good last year, but he's tanking right now. Eli Manning is looking like Tom Brady compared to Rivers right now.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]The only one who sucks here is Phillip Rivers and that Chargers offense, after seeing them playing against the Vikes and Colts that offense is pitiful. I guess I was wrong about Rivers, he can't throw for ***!dkhw

Yep. He looked good last year, but he's tanking right now. Eli Manning is looking like Tom Brady compared to Rivers right now.

I should quote that. Misleading quote FTW!

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"]

[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]The only one who sucks here is Phillip Rivers and that Chargers offense, after seeing them playing against the Vikes and Colts that offense is pitiful. I guess I was wrong about Rivers, he can't throw for ***!manningbowl135

I should quote that. Misleading quote FTW!

LOL.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bobbles
[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="dkhw"]

My bad if I sounded like I was dissing Romo, but I am really not. Peyton Manning's bad game was a build-up of different factors in that game while we can say the same for the Romo game. Romo just had a plain bad day while Peyton's game was attributed to different factors. It's quite stupid to disregard the disadvantages that Peyton had to deal with throughout the game and equal that to the Romo game where he had everything, but didn't excute and had a plain bad day.

But here you are, telling me that Romo game and Peyton game was exactly the same. Let's see: banged up line, WR corps comprmised of Moorehead (Career 27 receptions) and Thorpe ( 0 career receptions), and a wet, rainy, slippery weather. You really can't be arguing this. There is nothing to argue about. I gurantee you. If you are getting pressured because of a bange up line and Wayne double, triple teamed and your only option is Moorehead and Thorpe, you are going to have a bad game.

I never said they were exactly the same, you just assumed. You went on and said the games weren't the same and compared them. All I was saying the whole freaking time, is everyone has bad games, and I hated how Romo got called trash because he had one. Even if your offense is banged up, that makes it a valid reason to throw 6 INTs? No.. it was a bad game for Manning.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="dkhw"]

I never said they were exactly the same, you just assumed. You went on and said the games weren't the same and compared them. All I was saying the whole freaking time, is everyone has bad games, and I hated how Romo got called trash because he had one. Even if your offense is banged up, that makes it a valid reason to throw 6 INTs? No.. it was a bad game for Manning.

My bad again. If that was what you were arguing about I agree. Every player has a off-day, but obviously Peyton unluckily picked the wrong time and wrong place to be little off his game.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]The only one who sucks here is Phillip Rivers and that Chargers offense, after seeing them playing against the Vikes and Colts that offense is pitiful. I guess I was wrong about Rivers, he can't throw for ***!dkhw

He was only good last year b/c Marty opened up the play action by sticking to the run. Norv refuses to do that so the play action is never there. He has the best RB in the league and he won't commit to him. I just don't get it. But either way, Rivers is garbage. I still love Brees, and we would have a SB ring already if he were still here.

The only positive thing I can take from Rivers being our QB is that we don't have Eli. Thank God for that.