Brady or Manning on your team?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soccer_fan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soccer_fan93
Member since 2007 • 290 Posts

if you had to choose one of them on your team who would it be? i would go with Brady, he is a proven winner(3 superbowl rings) always puts up great stats in the regular season and is an extremely clutch player in the post season.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Manning. He's been more durable and has led some of the most insane comebacks ever. I think if he had better teams around him he would easily have had as many rings as Brady, maybe more.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50574 Posts

Mannings, he's just better imo.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

Payton Manning

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Brady

Manning has an entire team devoted to him that gets him any weapon he wants and he still only has one ring and threw another one away (literally)

Brady on the other hand makes due with what the Pats give him and the year where the Pats actually went out and grabbed him some talent Brady crushed records right and left

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#6 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
I will take Manning because he is one of the most gifted passers in NFL history. But I think Brady will be remembered as the better QB.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
This again? We talked about this like two months ago. Brady.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Manning.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I'd take Manning even though Brady is right up there. If he didn't have the injury two years ago I may be taking Brady, but you really can't go wrong with either.

Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

Manning, no doubt

This again? We talked about this like two months ago. Brady.Bobbles

Yup

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Brees
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

I'd take Peyton Manning.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox

Brady

Manning has an entire team devoted to him that gets him any weapon he wants and he still only has one ring and threw another one away (literally)

Brady on the other hand makes due with what the Pats give him and the year where the Pats actually went out and grabbed him some talent Brady crushed records right and left

Jaysonguy
And then lost in the SB. You literally managed to contradict yourself in one post.
camarowu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 camarowu
Member since 2005 • 412 Posts

I'll go with Manning.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Brady

Chutebox

And then lost in the SB. You literally managed to contradict yourself in one post.

Brady never turned the ball over

Manning on the other hand couldn't take the pressure like he hasn't been able to do his entire career and literally threw the game away for his team

I mean Manning's only important game was dueling Rex Grossman

When they both have weapons Brady throws for more touchdowns and fewer INT's then Manning. Heck when they both have weapons Brady threw more touchdowns, less interceptions, more yards per throw, more yards per game, more yards for the season, and a higher completion percentage.

This is the Montana/Marino argument all over again, the only problem is that the Dolphins tried to let Marino do it all while Manning gets top tier talent in every spot.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Give me Brady, better history in the post season.

Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Darth_Revan_666

Brady won SB's with badass defenses and Manning won a SB without a badass defense. And you're under-estimating Brady's cast support on offense when he used to win SB's. He had a dominant O-Line, he had all day to throw in these SB's. He also had good receivers, I dont care that any of them were top tier quality, but they were reliable and selfless, just think of Trow Brown, Deoin Branch and David Givens. He also good production from his running game in each SB's.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Brady

Jaysonguy

Brady never turned the ball over

Manning on the other hand couldn't take the pressure like he hasn't been able to do his entire career and literally threw the game away for his team

I mean Manning's only important game was dueling Rex Grossman

When they both have weapons Brady throws for more touchdowns and fewer INT's then Manning. Heck when they both have weapons Brady threw more touchdowns, less interceptions, more yards per throw, more yards per game, more yards for the season, and a higher completion percentage.

This is the Montana/Marino argument all over again, the only problem is that the Dolphins tried to let Marino do it all while Manning gets top tier talent in every spot.

Football is a team sport, people still don't know this? Manning can't single handily win a game nor can Brady. Brady had the better overall team (and coaching staff) which is why they were able to win 3 SBs.
Avatar image for midnite_toker22
midnite_toker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 midnite_toker22
Member since 2006 • 379 Posts

Brady won SB's with badass defenses and Manning won a SB without a badass defense. And you're under-estimating Brady's cast support on offense when he used to win SB's. He had a dominant O-Line, he had all day to throw in these SB's. He also had good receivers, I dont care that any of them were top tier quality, but they were reliable and selfless, just think of Trow Brown, Deoin Branch and David Givens. He also good production from his running game in each SB's.

Darth_Revan_666

Yes, the Pats D in those years was insane. Also, Belichick is one of the best coaches of all time.

People underestimate how important coaching is in the NFL.

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
Brady. Manning good during regular season. Chokes come playoff time. Like how can the team with the most wins in the last 10 years win only 1 super bowl?
Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

Brady. He doesn't throw SB losing picks. He just wins them, well at least 3-4. And his play-off record haunts Peyton's nightmares.

silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts
mark sanchez. while we're on this kind of topic again, arod or pujols? nadal or federer? lebron or kobe? derpderp
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

mark sanchez. while we're on this kind of topic again, arod or pujols? nadal or federer? lebron or kobe? derpderpsilky_smooth8

Arod, Nadal, and Kobe. ;)

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox

Brady. He doesn't throw SB losing picks. He just wins them, well at least 3-4. And his play-off record haunts Peyton's nightmares.

heysharpshooter
His receivers also don't stop their pattern, had an awesome defense, and one of if not the best coaching staffs.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts
Brady no question. With an average wideout core he lead the Pats to 3 titles in 4 years and played great even in a loss, which wasnt his fault.
csimonma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 csimonma
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
Kyle Orton, obvious choice is obvious
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

Darth_Revan_666
Except Manning's defense bailed him out during the Chiefs game, holding Larry Johnson to 32 yards rushing and the Chiefs offense to 8 points. Meanwhile, Manning was trying to lose the game by throwing three INTs and only 1 TD. They also showed up the next week and held your Ravens to 6 points while Manning was once again turning the ball over on two INTs with no TDs this time. He sure did show up for those playoffs throwing 3 TDs to 7 INTs on his SB run. He's had a good defense the last few years and still hasn't won a 2nd ring.
Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts

Manning, no doubt

[QUOTE="Bobbles"]This again? We talked about this like two months ago. Brady.Darth_Revan_666

Yup

I can't believe this is being brought out again. Brady.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

Brady, although I am biased being a Pats fan

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

[QUOTE="heysharpshooter"]

Chutebox

His receivers also don't stop their pattern, had an awesome defense, and one of if not the best coaching staffs.

1. You cannot blame picks on WR's, unless the ball bounces off their hands and gets picked. Manning seemed pretty confidant that he could fit that ball into tight coverage. He clearly thought Wayne was open, and got baited. Just because ESPN Manning appologists said Wayne broke off the route does not make it so. If Manning really looked and saw Wayne runnig the wrong route, why did he throw the ball?

2. The Saints had the 28th ranked defense in the NFL last season, giving up almost 400 yards a game in total offense. Yeah, awesome defense.

3. Again, what does the coaching staff have to do with Manning throwing the SB losing pick?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="heysharpshooter"]

heysharpshooter

1. You cannot blame picks on WR's, unless the ball bounces off their hands and gets picked. Manning seemed pretty confidant that he could fit that ball into tight coverage. He clearly thought Wayne was open, and got baited. Just because ESPN Manning appologists said Wayne broke off the route does not make it so. If Manning really looked and saw Wayne runnig the wrong route, why did he throw the ball?

2. The Saints had the 28th ranked defense in the NFL last season, giving up almost 400 yards a game in total offense. Yeah, awesome defense.

3. Again, what does the coaching staff have to do with Manning throwing the SB losing pick?

1. I hate ESPN and don't watch it. Watch it yourself, it was a combination of a bad judgement call and receiver stopping his route.

2. That doesn't have anything to do with what I said, I think you understood me wrong. I was saying Manning had an awesome defense.

3. Coaching staff has everything to do with the game. Maybe not that 1 second during the whole SB.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
Brady, he's won more superbowls and is better where it counts. Don't get me wrong Manning is a future hall of hamer, but Brady is simply better.
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Darth_Revan_666

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="heysharpshooter"]

heysharpshooter

Im not going to bother posting anymore in this thread after this post because most of the arguments has already been made, but Id like to address the point number 2. The Saints defense was also the one that WTFPWNED Kurt Warner after his incredible performance against the Packers, and then destroyed Brett Favre and AD in the conference championship. It was also the defense that was 3rd in interceptions last year. Just to let you know.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
Well, they would both be ineffective on my team, as my o-line is quite porous. But I would have to go with Manning, he is simply a better pocket passer.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#35 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Peyton Manning...better QB overall. Arm accuracy, arm strength, and ability to run his own offense. He can make a receiver out of anybody.
ZombiefiedZomB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZombiefiedZomB
Member since 2010 • 1746 Posts
Manning. He is the Colts, without Manning the Colts would be nothing.
Zeus89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zeus89x
Member since 2010 • 127 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Brady

Chutebox

They lost but they didn't throw the game away. The Giants just played better. Manning on the other hand played the Saints like it was the first week of pre-season. If you ask me the game was fixed and I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but Manning looked way too calm for someone who got embarrassed in the SB and for someone who had such an uncharacteristic game (he had more bad passes in that one game than in his whole career) If that was his first SB it would be understandable so it definitely wasn't the pressure that got to him.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jaysonguy

He can make a receiver out of anybody. white_sox

Who's had the better players catching the ball during their career?

Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Darth_Revan_666

Why is everybody talking so much crap about Manning's performance in the Superbowl against the Saints? Look at the stats: 31/45, 333 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT. Thats choking? Really? What about that Colts defense that looked mediocre the entire 2nd quarter and 2nd half? You guys are out of you rminds, he threw 1 bad pass the entire game. Thats all, get over it.

Also, from the NFL:.com recap of the game: ''After a slow first quarter in which the Colts appeared ready to run away with the game, the Saints altered the course of Super Bowl XLIV by seizing control of the second quarter. They ran 26 offensive plays to six for the Colts, then opened the second half with a successful onside kick.''

The game went in favor of the Saints because the Colts defense couldnt get the ball back to Manning.

Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Darth_Revan_666

[QUOTE="white_sox"]He can make a receiver out of anybody. Jaysonguy

Who's had the better players catching the ball during their career?

What matters the most to win Superbowls? Great receivers or a dominating defense?

Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts

Why is everybody talking so much crap about Manning's performance in the Superbowl against the Saints? Look at the stats: 31/45, 333 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT. Thats choking? Really? What about that Colts defense that looked mediocre the entire 2nd quarter and 2nd half? You guys are out of you rminds, he threw 1 bad pass the entire game. Thats all, get over it.

Also, from the NFL:.com recap of the game: ''After a slow first quarter in which the Colts appeared ready to run away with the game, the Saints altered the course of Super Bowl XLIV by seizing control of the second quarter. They ran 26 offensive plays to six for the Colts, then opened the second half with a successful onside kick.''

The game went in favor of the Saints because the Colts defense couldnt get the ball back to Manning.

Darth_Revan_666
Just to point out to others, Manning didn't lose the Super Bowl, but he didn't win it either. On the other hand, Brady has won a Super Bowl. Neither have lost one, Manning didn't choke, he just didn't deliver his best. Reggie Wayne, he choked if you want to play the blame game.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Darth_Revan_666"]

Mister__Awesome
Just to point out to others, Manning didn't lose the Super Bowl, but he didn't win it either. On the other hand, Brady has won a Super Bowl. Neither have lost one, Manning didn't choke, he just didn't deliver his best. Reggie Wayne, he choked if you want to play the blame game.

God, it's so refreshing to read this. Thank you.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Brady because he can win championships against people not named Rex Grossman. Manning can be the MVP every year, but he just struggles in the playoffs.

GridironKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GridironKing
Member since 2008 • 353 Posts
Manning since he is from New Orleans Louisiana and plus he is the reason why the Colts has a killer offense, if he was not on the Colts their offense would be mediocre at best. Brady is what he is because of the system in New England.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jaysonguy

Manning since he is from New Orleans Louisiana and plus he is the reason why the Colts has a killer offense, if he was not on the Colts their offense would be mediocre at best. Brady is what he is because of the system in New England.GridironKing

Manning isn't a product of his system?

GridironKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GridironKing
Member since 2008 • 353 Posts

[QUOTE="GridironKing"]Manning since he is from New Orleans Louisiana and plus he is the reason why the Colts has a killer offense, if he was not on the Colts their offense would be mediocre at best. Brady is what he is because of the system in New England.Jaysonguy

Manning isn't a product of his system?

I find that he is the system, I have never seen a QB like him able to command an offense like he does.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts
Manning since he is from New Orleans Louisiana and plus he is the reason why the Colts has a killer offense, if he was not on the Colts their offense would be mediocre at best. Brady is what he is because of the system in New England.GridironKing
Did you just call Brady a system QB?
Avatar image for midnite_toker22
midnite_toker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 midnite_toker22
Member since 2006 • 379 Posts

[QUOTE="GridironKing"]Manning since he is from New Orleans Louisiana and plus he is the reason why the Colts has a killer offense, if he was not on the Colts their offense would be mediocre at best. Brady is what he is because of the system in New England.MoonMarvel

Matt Cassel threw for 3693 yds, 21 TDs and 11 INTs while completing 63.4% of his passes in that system whenBrady went down.

Carried them to an 11-5 record as well.

Obviously Brady is much better than Cassel, but Belichick's system is a huge part of his success.

Cassel completed 55% of his passes, had 2924 yds and 16 TDs to 16 INTs last year with the Cheifs.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="MoonMarvel"][QUOTE="GridironKing"]Manning since he is from New Orleans Louisiana and plus he is the reason why the Colts has a killer offense, if he was not on the Colts their offense would be mediocre at best. Brady is what he is because of the system in New England.midnite_toker22

Matt Cassel threw for 3693 yds, 21 TDs and 11 INTs while completing 63.4% of his passes in that system whenBrady went down.

Carried them to an 11-5 record as well.

Obviously Brady is much better than Cassel, but Belichick's system is a huge part of his success.

Cassel completed 55% of his passes, had 2924 yds and 16 TDs to 16 INTs last year with the Cheifs.

Boy, it's almost like going from a Superbowl contender to one of the 3 worst teams in the league makes your numbers go down

:|