white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts
I still don't know about Sonic Colors, yet. But, really Sonic 4 is what I'd been wanting the most.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
For now, Colors. I'm not interested in 12 Acts of gameplay only to have to wait a year for more.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
To tell the truth: Sonic Advance 3 or Sonic Classics Collection. Of those not out: Sonic Colors, then Sonic 4.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Poll should have four options. Sonic Colors Wii and Sonic Colors DS are completely different games. They're not even being developed by the same studio. That said, Sonic Colors Wii for me. While I like the way Sonic 4 is shaping up (it's going to be outstanding), I think Colors is more what the franchise needs. Between Sonic Team, Backbone, and Dimps, nobody has ever really doubted that 2D Sonic could still be awesome. And while I myself enjoyed the majority of the 3D Sonic games, everything after Heroes leaves something to be desired. Secret Rings had terrible music and voicework, the backtracking was hard, and you had to unlock upgrades to make the game control the way it should have in the first place. Still a great game, but with an asterisk. Sonic Unleashed's day stages felt too empty and formulaic and its night stages were too focused on brawling. Again, good game with an asterisk. Black Knight was a huge leap forward for the series in terms of presentation and I found it genuinely fun. But there was too much waggle and it was more of an action game than a platformer (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). Shadow had technical problems and many half baked gameplay concepts and we all know what a disaster Sonic '06 was. On the other hand, Sonic Colors Wii appears to have nailed it in every sense of the word. The 3D segments are far more eventful than the day stages of Unleashed. More platforming, more enemies, more routes and paths. The 2D segments just look amazing. The graphics are some of the best we've ever seen on the Wii, the music is awesome, and the story sounds just right so far. We aren't straddled with superfluous characters and then forced to play as them to complete the game, there aren't any weapons in sight, the frame rate looks rock solid, the load times aren't an issue, the camera works, and the Wisps add a genuinely unique feel to it while keeping true to Sonic's heritage. Further, the game has a better sense of momentum. Not only can Sonic run really fast, but he can also slow down and be precise. You can backtrack and explore if you want to. Or you can speedrush. Just like in Sonic 2. Sonic has always been more about momentum than speed and this game nails it. The only thing left for me is to actually play it.
gamerguy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 gamerguy456
Member since 2009 • 19988 Posts
its kind of a tie between sonic colors and sonic 4 for me
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#7 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Both Sonic 4 and Colors. NSMBWii put me in the mood to play retrofied 2D games and I already enjoyed Rocket Knight and Megaman 9 earlier this year, might buy Bonk: Brink of Extiniction though as it stands it doesn't look all that great (controls seem flighty). Like a lot of you I am annoyed that this is download only and that the next episode won't be for a while. NSMBWii proved you can sell 2D games as full discs and people will buy them and though Sega said once all episodes are out they will release a full disc, that's going to be a ways off.

But Colors shows promise. Basically since Unleashed we've basically been saying what we want is "Unleashed sans Werehog." Unleashed got so much right we almost want to give it a pass but the long, repetitive werehog stages and the hub world questing and plane missions on the 360/PS3 version took too much away from those great day stages.

Nobody's interested in Free Riders on Kinect. awww... :P

Ryagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 1

#8 Ryagan
Member since 2009 • 532 Posts
I want Sonic Colors the most. It's showing a surprising amount of promise. It looks like it could be the first great 3D Sonic game.
SpaceSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 SpaceSword
Member since 2010 • 1006 Posts

I want Sonic 4, mainly because I hated the daytime stages in Sonic Unleashed and Sonic 4 is cheaper.

Yes, I hate the daytime stages in Sonic Unleashed.

megamario9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 megamario9
Member since 2009 • 6978 Posts

sonic colors looks so fun!

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#11 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Sonic Riders sounds horrible with Kinnect but I am slightly looking forward to Sonic 4 a little more maybe because its going back to its roots but Colors is looking good too.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mariostar0001
I want Sonic Colors the most. It's showing a surprising amount of promise. It looks like it could be the first great 3D Sonic game. Ryagan
I've liked two so far, Heroes and 3-D Blast.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#13 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

Whichever ones don't suck.

So Sonic 4 and possibly Colors.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cloud_765

Nobody's interested in Free Riders on Kinect. awww... :P

kbaily

I am.

Wait, no I'm not.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

All 3, although the Riders may take awhile to get.

As for Colors, I'll get the Wii Version and rent the DS version.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cloud_765
I'm definitely getting the Wii version of Colors.
Avatar image for sonichedgehog45
sonichedgehog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 sonichedgehog45
Member since 2009 • 1645 Posts

Poll should have four options. Sonic Colors Wii and Sonic Colors DS are completely different games. They're not even being developed by the same studio. That said, Sonic Colors Wii for me. While I like the way Sonic 4 is shaping up (it's going to be outstanding), I think Colors is more what the franchise needs. Between Sonic Team, Backbone, and Dimps, nobody has ever really doubted that 2D Sonic could still be awesome. And while I myself enjoyed the majority of the 3D Sonic games, everything after Heroes leaves something to be desired. Secret Rings had terrible music and voicework, the backtracking was hard, and you had to unlock upgrades to make the game control the way it should have in the first place. Still a great game, but with an asterisk. Sonic Unleashed's day stages felt too empty and formulaic and its night stages were too focused on brawling. Again, good game with an asterisk. Black Knight was a huge leap forward for the series in terms of presentation and I found it genuinely fun. But there was too much waggle and it was more of an action game than a platformer (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). Shadow had technical problems and many half baked gameplay concepts and we all know what a disaster Sonic '06 was. On the other hand, Sonic Colors Wii appears to have nailed it in every sense of the word. The 3D segments are far more eventful than the day stages of Unleashed. More platforming, more enemies, more routes and paths. The 2D segments just look amazing. The graphics are some of the best we've ever seen on the Wii, the music is awesome, and the story sounds just right so far. We aren't straddled with superfluous characters and then forced to play as them to complete the game, there aren't any weapons in sight, the frame rate looks rock solid, the load times aren't an issue, the camera works, and the Wisps add a genuinely unique feel to it while keeping true to Sonic's heritage. Further, the game has a better sense of momentum. Not only can Sonic run really fast, but he can also slow down and be precise. You can backtrack and explore if you want to. Or you can speedrush. Just like in Sonic 2. Sonic has always been more about momentum than speed and this game nails it. The only thing left for me is to actually play it. savebattery

took the words right outta my mouth

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts
Sonic 4....Sorry I'm oldschool. If Sonic Colors is good, I will buy it.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chocolate1325
Sonic Colors has a gimmick like previous ones but it doesn't seem to affect the core Sonic gameplay which is a good thing.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 white_kunoichi
Sonic 4....Sorry I'm oldschool. If Sonic Colors is good, I will buy it.Zanoh
We are ALL old school here. ;) Good to see another one. :)
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chocolate1325
I am just glad both games have the chance to be pretty decent. I am sorry for bashing Sonic Colors to early. Maybe it was a blessing.
killerman259

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 killerman259
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i would say sonic 4. i heard that it was like a remake of sonic 1 and 2. you can also tranform into super sonic in gameplay :)
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

i would say sonic 4. i heard that it was like a remake of sonic 1 and 2. you can also tranform into super sonic in gameplay :) killerman259

Ok, Sonic 4: Episode 1 is BY NO MEANS a remake of the classic games. Just because they reuse certain enemies doesn't mean it's a remake/rehash/etc.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cloud_765
I hate when people think a new game is a remake. :P
gamemanyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamemanyeah
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts
Sonic 4 is no remake. Maybe uses the same engine but not the same game
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

...Maybe uses the same enginegamemanyeah

Oh, I wish ;)

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zanoh
Either way gentlemen, it looks like finally these two games might redeem the bad slew of Sonic games (Other than rush series) that had plagued our favorite blue hedgehog as of late.
Sonic2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Sonic2forever
Member since 2010 • 246 Posts
Sonic 3ds. Don't know what it is, when it'll arrive, or if it exists. But still, imagine getting hit and the rings blow in your face!
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#29 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
I'm looking forward to both Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and Sonic Colors a lot, but I'm looking forward to the former more out of the two.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mariostar0001
Sonic 3ds. Don't know what it is, when it'll arrive, or if it exists. But still, imagine getting hit and the rings blow in your face!Sonic2forever
Or knowing Sega, Sonic slipping around the corner and messing up to slide into your face. And just imagine how much easier it'd be to play Big the Cat fishing in 3-D. :P
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Either way gentlemen, it looks like finally these two games might redeem the bad slew of Sonic games (Other than rush series) that had plagued our favorite blue hedgehog as of late.Zanoh
I don't consider any recent Sonic game aside from Sonic '06 to be "bad". Many were flawed, but I found all of them to be pretty enjoyable on some level.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zanoh

[QUOTE="Zanoh"]Either way gentlemen, it looks like finally these two games might redeem the bad slew of Sonic games (Other than rush series) that had plagued our favorite blue hedgehog as of late.savebattery
I don't consider any recent Sonic game aside from Sonic '06 to be "bad". Many were flawed, but I found all of them to be pretty enjoyable on some level.

I didn't find any of the new ones enjoyable. To me, the console sonic games hit a major decline post Sonic Heroes (GCN) and even that I didn;t enjoy. Unleashed's day time levels were enjoyable, but it still shared the same breath as the night time levels.

So I look forward to Sonic 4 more highly than Colors, but if Colors is Unleashed done right, then sign me up. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

I didn't find any of the new ones enjoyable.... Unleashed's day time levels were enjoyable...Zanoh

That looks pretty contradictory to me. Just to clarify that I'm not quoting you out of context, did you mean that you did in fact enjoy the day time stages of unleashed but they weren't enough to redeem the game as a whole?

And if so, you still found the game enjoyable on some level, much like save battery posted. You may not have enjoyed every second of the game but there was fun to be had, no?

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zanoh

Let's put it this way.

My buddy played the game saying this is a great Sonic game. I look to him and say how is it. He said the daytime levels are awesome. I then said what about the night time levels? He told me they were great as well. I test his theory by playing both. Out of the game, the unleashed levels were enjoyable but severly flawed that I didn't enjoy it compared to playing the Sonic Levels in Adventure/Adventure 2 or the Classic Genesis games.

Night time levels were horrible. I won't speak of it ever again.

Now compared to say Heroes, ShadowTH, Sonic 06, Rings, and the Black Knight, Unleashed had a core enjoyable prospect. But I didn't enjoy any of these Sonic games especially when I am still playing the Genesis and Dreamcast ones and didn't give the new ones a second look nor ever will.

Rush series on the other hand I am playing religiously on my DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
see, I didn't really like the Dreamcast or DS ones all that much. The Dreamcast ones had too much fluff and Rush had consistently bad level design (significantly better in the second one though).
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 white_kunoichi

Let's put it this way.

My buddy played the game saying this is a great Sonic game. I look to him and say how is it. He said the daytime levels are awesome. I then said what about the night time levels? He told me they were great as well. I test his theory by playing both. Out of the game, the unleashed levels were enjoyable but severly flawed that I didn't enjoy it compared to playing the Sonic Levels in Adventure/Adventure 2 or the Classic Genesis games.

Now compared to say Heroes, ShadowTH, Sonic 06, Rings, and the Black Knight, Unleashed had a core enjoyable prospect. But I didn't enjoy any of these Sonic games especially when I am still playing the Genesis and Dreamcast ones and didn't give the new ones a second look nor ever will.

Zanoh

I don't really like playing the newer ones, either. They are good, but just not THAT good enough to play through. Well, it's mainly the dang playboy band, Crush 40, or whatever SEGA hires to sing and "rock out" in the games, it's not right. Also the weapons and the swearing that ticked me off.

Sonic is fantasy. There was not anything that "cool" or "serious" in the series. That what made him popular in the first place. Both games and the comic books got less interesting when Adventure was made. Mobius is now Earth, humans were taken in instead of animals, and lip-smacking romances. The comics had it worse than the games. Well, Elise and Sonic love interest was horrible as heck. But, you get my meaning.

Rush series are nice and the daytime levels in Unleashed was, as well. I'm just gonna stay with the originals and be happy with the Sonic I grew up with.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zanoh
I don't really like playing the newer ones, either. They are good, but just not THAT good enough to play through. Well, it's mainly the dang playboy band, Crush 40, or whatever SEGA hires to sing and "rock out" in the games, it's not right. Also the weapons and the swearing that ticked me off.

Sonic is fantasy. There was not anything that "cool" or "serious" in the series. That what made him popular in the first place. Both games and the comic books got less interesting when Adventure was made. Mobius is now Earth, humans were taken in instead of animals, and lip-smacking romances. The comics had it worse than the games. Well, Elise and Sonic love interest was horrible as heck. But, you get my meaning.

Rush series are nice and the daytime levels in Unleashed was, as well. I'm just gonna stay with the originals and be happy with the Sonic I grew up with.

white_kunoichi

Hence I stick to my SatAM and Genesis Sonic more out of my entire Genesis/Dreamcast collection. Dreamcast still rocks socks though. XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
Member since 2009 • 7764 Posts
[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

Let's put it this way.

white_kunoichi

thats a rather poor excuse to prefer the old ones to the new ones.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#39 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
[QUOTE="white_kunoichi"][QUOTE="Zanoh"]

Let's put it this way.

nunchuk28

The thing is it has nothing to do with gameplay.  I don't mind swearing and things like that.  The main thing is in-game play.

The 2D graphics give you the feeling if you know what I mean.  Also the fact that there isn't any glitches (not that i've ever experienced one).

And for the 3D games....:P  I don't think I have to explain much for you guys.

About the only 3D game I liked was Sonic Adventure Series.  But it wasn't the best player experience for me though.   

gamerguy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 gamerguy456
Member since 2009 • 19988 Posts

ever since sonic heroes i havent enjoyed much 3d sonic games. Unleashed was decent though but the fact you had to roam around talking to ppl to get info and collecting medals got annoying. Yes the werehog stages werent good but they had their moments. when your platforming its fun but the combat was dull.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mariostar0001

Also the fact that there isn't any glitches (not that i've ever experienced one).

shadowchronicle
The 2-D originals had glitches. Like the famous "Warp through the wall" glitch that happened every once in a while when you ran too fast. It might throw you through the floor and off a cliff, trap you in a box that they never put any matter in to save space, or give you a shortcut.
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#42 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]

Also the fact that there isn't any glitches (not that i've ever experienced one).

mariostar0001

The 2-D originals had glitches. Like the famous "Warp through the wall" glitch that happened every once in a while when you ran too fast. It might throw you through the floor and off a cliff, trap you in a box that they never put any matter in to save space, or give you a shortcut.

Okay then.:P

Never experienced those but I think the 3D games were way worse off with the system.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mariostar0001
I found one every 20 hours of play time or so. About eight total over six games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
Member since 2009 • 7764 Posts
[QUOTE="nunchuk28"][QUOTE="white_kunoichi"][QUOTE="Zanoh"]

Let's put it this way.

shadowchronicle

The thing is it has nothing to do with gameplay. I don't mind swearing and things like that. The main thing is in-game play.

The 2D graphics give you the feeling if you know what I mean. Also the fact that there isn't any glitches (not that i've ever experienced one).

And for the 3D games....:P I don't think I have to explain much for you guys.

About the only 3D game I liked was Sonic Adventure Series. But it wasn't the best player experience for me though.

my point is, that a game should be judged by the gameplay. The graphics and music aren't nearly as important as the gameplay.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts
I think I forgave Unleashed because it was similar to Kratos. I'm used to playing God of War.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mariostar0001
I think Advance 3 has passed Classic Collection for me, since the latter is still $20. I payed $13 for Mega Collection Plus, I'm waiting until Classics is either $10 or a year old (With the 3DS out by that time, we'll see price cuts all around).
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chocolate1325
I can say that I am gonna get one at release date and one at Christmas. Sonic Colors probably being the Christmas one. I mean I have a feww games on my radar that are probably bigger titles.
SuperSonic2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SuperSonic2010
Member since 2010 • 853 Posts
Not too interested in Sonic Free Riders. I can't get Sonic Colours, but looks amazing. So that leaves me with Sonic 4.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cloud_765

I think I forgave Unleashed because it was similar to Kratos. I'm used to playing God of War.Soniczero1993

I could've been okay with it if it wasn't boring as **** and you weren't FORCED to fight hordes of enemies to progress to a new portion of the level.

Avatar image for the-retro-gamer
the-retro-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 the-retro-gamer
Member since 2010 • 313 Posts
Well Sonic Colors should redeam sonic in his 3D down falls. But it is nice to see another old school game.