mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#52 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
Too many deleted posts here, the thread is glitching up. *Posting so I can see what the last poster said*
nandsegaman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#53 nandsegaman123
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts
its kind of a tie between sonic colors and sonic 4 for megamerguy456
Same here!
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#54 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Wow, no one wants Free Riders.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mariostar0001
Wow, no one wants Free Riders.Cloud_765
We established this a while ago.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Wow, no one wants Free Riders.Cloud_765
I don't think that's true. I just think that everyone wants Sonic 4, Sonic Colors Wii, and Sonic Colors DS more. And that's pretty reasonable, considering the fact that Sonic Free Riders is a Kinect exclusive and Kinect is a 150 dollars minimum investment (then you have to factor in the 50 dollar cost of the game, and that's assuming you already own a 360 in the first place). Sonic Free Riders is a spin off. Sonic Colors Wii is the next true game in the 3D series, Sonic 4 is the next rue game in the 2D series, and Colors DS is the next true game in the handheld series. I think it's pretty reasonable to want main entries in the series more than spin-offs that require expensive add-ons, but that doesn't necessarily mean nobody cares about the game. I'm sure everyone here would get Free Riders if they already had Kinect, and I'm sure everyone here would like to see Free Riders sell well and be well-received by fans and critics alike.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#57 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

[QUOTE="Cloud_765"]Wow, no one wants Free Riders.savebattery
I don't think that's true. I just think that everyone wants Sonic 4, Sonic Colors Wii, and Sonic Colors DS more. And that's pretty reasonable, considering the fact that Sonic Free Riders is a Kinect exclusive and Kinect is a 150 dollars minimum investment (then you have to factor in the 50 dollar cost of the game, and that's assuming you already own a 360 in the first place). Sonic Free Riders is a spin off. Sonic Colors Wii is the next true game in the 3D series, Sonic 4 is the next rue game in the 2D series, and Colors DS is the next true game in the handheld series. I think it's pretty reasonable to want main entries in the series more than spin-offs that require expensive add-ons, but that doesn't necessarily mean nobody cares about the game. I'm sure everyone here would get Free Riders if they already had Kinect, and I'm sure everyone here would like to see Free Riders sell well and be well-received by fans and critics alike.

Nope not me. I can't wait to watch Kinect fail miserably.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mariostar0001

[QUOTE="savebattery"][QUOTE="Cloud_765"]Wow, no one wants Free Riders.kbaily

He said Free Riders, not Kinect. We want Free Riders to be like Mario Clash, a great game only ruined by the hardware, Mario Clash being a Virtual Boy game that was considered to be quite good except for the graphical issues of said system.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 kbaily
[QUOTE="kbaily"]

[QUOTE="savebattery"][QUOTE="Cloud_765"]Wow, no one wants Free Riders.mariostar0001

He said Free Riders, not Kinect. We want Free Riders to be like Mario Clash, a great game only ruined by the hardware, Mario Clash being a Virtual Boy game that was considered to be quite good except for the graphical issues of said system.

Yeah I would like to see a Wiiware remake of Clash perhaps with the levels cut back from 100 to 50. Still it wouldn't surprise me if that after Kinect bombs (ask Sega how well mid-life console add ons worked) they'll port it to the other consoles but I have no desire to buy it not when there's two better Sonic games coming out. No one's even paying attention to this one. Sega isn't even promoting it much if you noticed. Clearly MS was looking for a popular family friendly character to launch Kinect with and as we know no matter how crappy the console or add on is, Sonic always seems to have a game going alongside it.

Failed console/perhiperals Sonic had a game for:

• Ngage
  • Neo Geo Pocket
  • Tiger Game.com
  • 32x adaptor
  • Sega CD

As I said it's amazing they didn't make a Sonic game for Sony's Move.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mariostar0001
They never made a Sonic game for E-Reader either. Then again, only Nintendo and Capcom used it, and I think HAL.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Cloud_765

HA! I knew it. Cloud 1, SB 0.
[QUOTE="mariostar0001"][QUOTE="kbaily"]

Yeah I would like to see a Wiiware remake of Clash perhaps with the levels cut back from 100 to 50. Still it wouldn't surprise me if that after Kinect bombs (ask Sega how well mid-life console add ons worked) they'll port it to the other consoles but I have no desire to buy it not when there's two better Sonic games coming out. No one's even paying attention to this one. Sega isn't even promoting it much if you noticed. Clearly MS was looking for a popular family friendly character to launch Kinect with and as we know no matter how crappy the console or add on is, Sonic always seems to have a game going alongside it.

• Ngage
  • Neo Geo Pocket
  • Tiger Game.com
  • 32x adaptor
  • Sega CD

At least the latter two the games were good. Because I dunno about some people (like Whoozwah) but I loved CD. I wish you had a choice between *** version music and US version though, the Japanese music was much higher quality.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mariostar0001
[QUOTE="kbaily"]

[QUOTE="savebattery"][QUOTE="Cloud_765"]Wow, no one wants Free Riders.Cloud_765

HA! I knew it. Cloud 1, SB 0.
[QUOTE="mariostar0001"][QUOTE="kbaily"]

• Ngage
  • Neo Geo Pocket
  • Tiger Game.com
  • 32x adaptor
  • Sega CD

At least the latter two the games were good. Because I dunno about some people (like Whoozwah) but I loved CD. I wish you had a choice between *** version music and US version though, the Japanese music was much higher quality.

The latter two were also Sega systems, the others they were third-party titles on.
007hawk25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 007hawk25
Member since 2008 • 2093 Posts
As for me, I'd have to say Sonic Colors Wii. While Sonic 4 will be great, Sonic Colors just took everything good about Unleashed and made it better. (Not to mention having no werehog)
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#64 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Strange how good some Sonic games were on consoles that sucked like 32X and SEGA CD.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#65 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
calling Sonic CD a good game is highly debatable. imo the level design is super weak, on the level of a fan game.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#66 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

As for me, I'd have to say Sonic Colors Wii. While Sonic 4 will be great, Sonic Colors just took everything good about Unleashed and made it better. (Not to mention having no werehog)007hawk25

Off topic: Isn't that Mikuru Asahina?

On topic: As of this point I want Sonic Colors. I really do.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kbaily

Well recently Sonic Colors has moved up to #2 on my most wanted list behind Epic Mickey mainly because from what I've seen, it's trying to be more than simply Unleashed Sans Werehog it seems to be at least trying to embrace aspects of the 2D games. Sure the whisps are the game's gimmick but in reality they're a throwback to the monitor items of games like Sonic 3 in that they enhance the experience without feeling forced on the player. The player has the choice to use a whisp to get past a tough spot or just run normally though the area or replay the stage and find other hidden areas not previously seen that you may have only been able to reach with the rocket or drill whisp. I also like what I've seen of the multiplayer though I do agree that for once this is something where having Sonic's friends would've actually been a good thing as opposed to the Sonic bots. While the main theme is rather cheezy the in game music also feels like a Genesis throwback.

At this point we all will buy Sonic 4 and like it but it's safe and it is disappointing that the game is download only right now because it would sell as a full disc. Hell we could've been playing it already but some whiny fanboys screamed and ranted so now we're still waiting.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 savebattery
I'm 100% positive SEGA will release Sonic 4 on disc (or maybe even 3DS) as a compilation once all of the episodes have been completed. It will also likely contain a bunch of sweet extras.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kbaily

I'm 100% positive SEGA will release Sonic 4 on disc (or maybe even 3DS) as a compilation once all of the episodes have been completed. It will also likely contain a bunch of sweet extras.savebattery

It's just a shame we'll have to wait so long for that.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mariostar0001
A shame, but who knows, by then I might have a Wii so I can buy the disc. :P
Blueblur3220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Blueblur3220
Member since 2010 • 101 Posts
I want Sonic colors the most. But the only reason I want it more is because I can't get Sonic the Hedgehog 4 because I don't have wi-fi. If they did put Sonic the Hedgehog 4 on a disk, uh that would be a tough one.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 savebattery

[QUOTE="savebattery"]I'm 100% positive SEGA will release Sonic 4 on disc (or maybe even 3DS) as a compilation once all of the episodes have been completed. It will also likely contain a bunch of sweet extras.kbaily

It's just a shame we'll have to wait so long for that.

I can be patient. We're getting at least a demo of Sonic 4, but beyond that I have plenty of other Sonic games to keep me busy. I am getting both versions of Colors as well as Free Riders, and I am still currently getting a lot of enjoyment out of All-Stars Racing. It has a depth that reveals itself over time, as well as an awesome roster and hilarious styIe. Beyond that, I still haven't purchased Sonic CIassic Collection or Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (even though I've played both and think highly of them). And to top it all off, I'm in the middle of replaying Sonic Adventure (emerald hunting) on Dreamcast and Sonic Blast (speedrunning) on Game Gear. The way I look at it, I've been waiting for a proper sequel to Sonic and Knuckles for 16 years. I can wait a bit longer if it means enjoying it in all its glory at once.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Cloud_765

Well recently Sonic Colors has moved up to #2 on my most wanted list behind Epic Mickey mainly because from what I've seen, it's trying to be more than simply Unleashed Sans Werehog it seems to be at least trying to embrace aspects of the 2D games. Sure the whisps are the game's gimmick but in reality they're a throwback to the monitor items of games like Sonic 3 in that they enhance the experience without feeling forced on the player. The player has the choice to use a whisp to get past a tough spot or just run normally though the area or replay the stage and find other hidden areas not previously seen that you may have only been able to reach with the rocket or drill whisp. I also like what I've seen of the multiplayer though I do agree that for once this is something where having Sonic's friends would've actually been a good thing as opposed to the Sonic bots. While the main theme is rather cheezy the in game music also feels like a Genesis throwback.

At this point we all will buy Sonic 4 and like it but it's safe and it is disappointing that the game is download only right now because it would sell as a full disc. Hell we could've been playing it already but some whiny fanboys screamed and ranted so now we're still waiting.

kbaily
Eh, I'm used to being patient with games. RPGs always take months after their Japanese release to reach the US. Plus being pushed back means more development time. Even you said that.
Rivboes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Rivboes
Member since 2010 • 263 Posts
Sonic 4