mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1551 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
Actually, I did remember him, and wondered what you'd be doing with him. I believe there was also a friend at work in Bestia?
Finally, the exit. His entire trip through the vessel was maybe 25 minutes, but it felt like long, he was programmed to be somewhat nervous about an overly lengthly mission. The tunnel he came through was unblocked, so he slid right through. Outside, his "raft" was gone, leaving no way to get back to shore on this side. The other side of the vessel, maybe, he'd have to go check. He thought they were docked right now, but taking off was a possibility at any time, and he figured now was as likely of one as any.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#1552 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

"Lord Screech, there's something unusual about Armageddon."

"Now what is it?"

"Some of the drainage pipes have opened without their scheduled times."

"Is it a malfunction?"

"No my lord, the only error message I'm receiving is the error code 3941. This only occurs if the unit has been opened forcefully. Either something hit us, or something is on it."

Screech nodded. "Send a three man scout team to investigate the anomaly. If they find nothing, we'll have engineers repair it."

"Yes sir." The machine hopped on a radio frequency. "Scout team 163, forceful removal of drainage coverings detected. Check the area and report any findings. If something goes wrong, activate your SOS beacon."

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1553 demoman_chaos
Member since 2006 • 13896 Posts

Polly: I can handle those two. All they are doing is collecting scrap right?
Al: Yes.
Polly: I can keep them in order.

Al goes up to where Spritz and Francine are. Francine has the mask and blow torch while Sptriz is holding the metal up.
Al: I didn't know you could weld.
Spritz: She's better at it than me.
Francine: It takes a woman's touch. I think we got enough. You can have the two idiots come back. The rest of the metal we can have Polly use to make us some better armor. Did she ever come back?
Al: Yes, she just got back.
Francine: Good, I've been wanting to talk to her about something.

Francine heads down the stairs.
Francine: Al wants us to get started on using the extra metal to make better armor.
Polly: How much can you carry?
Francine: Not as much as you can with that armor.

The two grab what they can and head into the workshop.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1554 Soniczero1993

Danial sighs to himself, pacing about an thinking. "I honestly don't know what to do. Parasites, Screech still being a potential foe, and now this Magna. This is not how I wanted to raise my son."

"Neither of us wanted this, but none of us expected it. Remember, when we got here, everything was peaceful. Then that dragon thing went ape s***. That's when this all started."

"Damn Screech. Took the worst possible time to attack us."

"Still, better now than later. If he did it years from now, we'd either be too old to stop it, or dead. I know that power suit makes you superhuman, but even a suit has limits to who it can power up, and I doubt it would help an old man."

Danial sighed. "I guess, but I still would have preferred peace for once. I've killed too many people in my lifetime. Not the rep you want your child to know."

"I didn't get a normal life either. You were partially why my kingdom is gone. Everyone I used to know is dead, even my parents."

"Must you always remind me? I still don't understand how you could stay with me if I managed to kill everyone. I only brought you with to spare you of death, because Knothole would have killed you if they knew you were a citizen of their foe. I saved you from execution, but I didn't think this would be our future."

"You sound upset."

"Not exactly as upset as you think, I did kill everyone, but you keep me going. After everything I've done, you still stick by me. A woman who's family and friends were murdered by the assassin she now birthed a child from. That's a story not many people hear."

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1555 mariostar0001
I almost thought Screech was talking to Len, until the end. A bit better wording might have been needed... :P
They were coming, Scorprion could feel the vibrations. Something, was coming out. He detected something come out of the ship, via the exact hole he entered and exited from. Another robot, something he couldn't defeat. And it was looking for him, he knew it. And the shore, which he'd just come back from looking over, was crawling with robots. He had these plans, but if caught they were useless. Nothing else for it... Before the robot saw him, he sealed up his memory banks with a pocket of air just big enough to keep them safe and him floating barely two inches below the surface, then crawled down into the lake with barely a splash. Immediately he felt his senses weaken and fade away, becoming useless unless he left, if then. He couldn't move himself either, and it was only by scans he'd taken before entering that he knew he was in a current that appeared to lead to the exiting river that drained the lake. Getting caught was not an option, getting fished out by someone with some trace of ability with computers was. If only...
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1556 demoman_chaos

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Francine finally speaks.
Francine: About earlier.
Polly: What about it?
Francine: I'm sorry.
Polly: Don't be. I've been so focused on work I haven't had time for anything like that.
Francine: Being constantly surrounded by men trying to show off how manly they are, I wasn't ready for someone to listen to me.
Polly: Put two men in a room and they'll always try one-uping each other.
Francine: They only time I had a date, the guys scared him off.
Polly: They are just protective of their "sister." That or they were jealous of him.
Francine: He was sort of a nerd. They didn't like nerds.
Polly: Who doesn't?
Francine: Didn't, the ones that bullied him were killed by the robots.
Polly: I am one nerd they wouldn't want to try anything with.

Francine gives Polly an odd look. Polly walks past her to grab some more robotic parts. On her way, she kisses her on teh cheek and gets back to work.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1557 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Newton reentered the military base of operations. The sight of top brass eagerly shaking the hands of the Bestian scouts made his stomach turn. It was just another reminder that Jericho had won, and he couldn't do anything about it. Russ had just noticed him and was quickly approaching, but he was just another person to whom Newton couldn't reveal the truth. "Hey, Newton, welcome back. Feeling better?" "Sure. Whatever." Newton avoided eye contact. He wanted this conversation over with as quickly as possible. "Whatever?" the commander asked. "What's got you so depressed all of the sudden?" "That obvious, huh? I'm... still trying to cope. There's a lot to take in." Russ scratched his chin. "Well, I'd love to help," he said, "but I'm not sure what I can do for you. Do you want to talk about it?" Newton shook his head. "No. I don't think anyone could understand, what I'm going through." "Want to give it a try?" Russ extended a hand to the tabby, but Newton quickly pushed it away. "Really, nobody else knows what I went through. You'd have to be a part of it to understand. I-" Newton's eyes widened as his brain began to click. In all his self-pity he had forgotten his accomplice. Just as Russ began to check on his sanity, his head snapped upwards, locking into eye contact with a commanding glare. The commander, taken by surprise, stammered, "Uh, a- are you-" "The cats." "The... cats?" "Yes. The cats. The ones that brought me here." Russ's eyes searched the top of his head for the memory. "Oh!" he finally said. "Francine's company. Yes, what about them." "Did they have a Polly?" "I... think so? Why do you ask?" "I can talk to her." Russ cocked his head slightly to the left. Newton's terse working was beginning to make him feel uncomfortable, and his questions over the tabby's sanity were rising rapidly. He waited for Newton to explain, but the tabby's glare only grew darker. Unsure what to do, he slowly said, "That's... nice, I guess..." "You idiot!" Newton snapped. "She can help me. Where is she?" "Ah! I get it now..." Russ chucked and shook his head. "Your girlfriend, right? I can see why you'd rather talk to her. Anyhow, she's probably back at the capitol with Francine. Something about a pizza parlor she owned that needed maintaining. You want us to take you to her?" Newton took a deep breath and sighed. Finally, he was getting somewhere. "She'd not my girlfriend," he said, "but yes, that would help." "Okay, okay, I gotcha," Russ said with a wink. "We'll take you back to your not-girlfriend." The commander looked about for a moment before yelling, "Ensign! Get over here!" The red hedgehog in the distance looked around for the voice. When he saw the commander, he nearly dropped the tools he was carrying in excitement. He ran over so quickly that Newton jumped back for fear he wouldn't stop in time. With a nervous energy, the hedgehog snapped into posture and took up a salute, saying, "Ensign Kyson reporting, sir!" Russ laughed. "At ease, kiddo. Look, we've got too many mechanics on duty anyway, and they can handle themselves. How'd you like to go for a drive?" "A drive?" The hedgehog was perplexed. "But sir, the engines on the war speeders are only at 80% functional capacity after the attack. Shouldn't we be fixing them rather than joyriding?" "Not a joyride, son. This fellow here needs a ride back to the capitol. I'm sure you know that we owe him a great debt, so you should be honored to do it." Kyson balked at the suggestion. "A debt, sir? I'm a mechanic. I take care of machines and- oooooh!" Newton rolled his eyes. He commented, "I'm not sure I want to ride with someone who thinks before they look." Russ could barely control his laughter. "No, no," he said, trying to reassure his guest. "Kyson loves his vehicles. They're his babies. He'd just as soon kill himself before he'd crash one. Now, get going! Polly's awaitin', I'm sure." "Oh, I sincerely doubt that..." Before Newton could make another snide remark, he was yanked away by Kyson, who was overly eager to get going. As he ignored the incessant ramblings about the specs of the vehicle he'd be riding, he wondered whose great idea it was to let a mechanic who couldn't be older than 17 into the army. He also wondered if Polly would even want to deal with him, after all the trouble he caused. But she'll have to, he told himself. She's my only chance at setting this right. ***** I have no idea what Tomas is going to do with Jasmine, much less what his base of operations looks like on the inside, so Jasmine's mostly blocked on kj. :)
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#1558 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts

Yeah... about that... getting there...

------

Tomas was watching his army make it's way through Knothole to it's capital when his security system alerted him that two cars had pulled up. "Ah," he said, leaving the computer room after hitting a few buttons on its massive keyboard. "My guests must be here for the show. Perfect, they are right on time." He ventured off to the front door of his base to greet his first, and probably only, guests.

Outside, Peter was standing by the front door with Rana in his arms when he noticed a second car pull up to the old warehouse. "Well, at least I won't be alone with Tomas. Rana's in no shape to help out at all..." Peter's eyes widen when he saw that Grace- that jade cat walking up the the warehouse he had met just the other day. He was surprised that she, of all people, would have anything to do with Tomas and would be here.

"Oi! Hey there! Fancy meeting you out here in the middle of nowhere." Peter shouted at Jasmine as she got closer to where he was. If it had not been for the door in front of him opening, Peter would of tried to talk to her a little bit more to find out what she was doing here, but now there was more important matters at hand, like a mastermind mutant that wanted him out of the way.

Standing in the door way, Tomas stared at his guests. There was more then he thought there would be, but he didn't mind Peter's girlfriend tagging along since he knew about her powers. Maybe, he thought, she'll come in handy. Once Jasmine was standing side by side with Peter and Rana did he wave the two mutants still sitting in the car that brought Peter and Rana here away. "Come in, come in! We have much to do and there's not much time left. Plus, I'm sure you're all hungry and would like some answers, or more of them depending on the case you're in."

Peter let Jasmine go in front of him since dragging Rana would slow him down. As they walked down the hallway, Peter could see a number of rooms, some looked like they were newer and had been added on. The hallways were nothing special, very bleak and gray. It was almost depressing to walk through them. Some of the room he could see in looked just about the same. A number of them looked empty while other looked full of papers and computer hardware. Peter felt almost creeped out just being in the place, but he didn't know why.

Eventually, the four of them walked into a rather large room that wasn't as depressing. It was light up well and the walls were more of a dark blue then a gray. Then there was the long table that looked as if a company five times what was there could fit at and still have room for more people. Half the table was filled with food. It made one wonder how it all got there since Tomas hadn't left the computer room, except to get a sandwich, since dropping Annie off in her room until now. Bu, then again, Peter didn't know that.

"Have as much as you want and feel free to ask me any questions you have," Tomas said, staring at Jasmine the entire time. "Oh, and you can let your chao out of its bag, dear. I'm sure it'd like some more room to move about."

Since Peter was one to think with his stomach and not his brain, he set Rana down in a chair and began digging into the food. He looked at Jasmine and asked "chao?" with a face full of food, but it was hard to understand.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1559 mariostar0001
As usual, I'm just waiting on time in general. Fortunately, dream land has no time restrictions... Now for one last (rather long, multiple-part) dream.
Luke awoke. At least, he thought he was awake, he could feel himself even, and the floor, it was hot. The floor itself was solid stone, and though he could see somewhat into the distance in other directions, he saw no walls anywhere. He tried heading back, but couldn't for some reason. "The way is blocked, onward is all that remains." He looked about, and saw, Shad. "Surprised, are we? You have entered our realm now. The demon realm." Luke attempted to speak, but some power he couldn't explain kept him from opening his mouth. Shad laughed. "Oh yes, I'm one of them now. And really, how couldn't I be? Angry, vengeful, hating, even a smattering of lust. Oh, and pride, lots of pride. Now, those give me the strength I need, the strength to make me, Shadow." Luke stopped listening (or pretended to) about halfway through and started walking onward. It was the only thing to do, after all. "Don't think I believe your lies, you're listening," "Shadow" continued. "Unlike that fool Sergio, when he came here he gave up. Broke down completely, old fool. The Ourobos were afraid to touch him, the Kappa sneered at the thought of taking him, and Rethledine took one look at him and doomed him to eternal torment. Like the rest of us really, but at least we get to go out and take more fools with us. Misery loves company, right?" "Oh, and don't think things are going to get any better, they're not. You're stuck here, until I'm through with you. And given that, after Kappa's lack of training disaster, I've got a good 300 years or so before I can head out, so I've plenty of time to deal with you." Luke walked onward, not bothering to try and reply.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1560 Soniczero1993

Heeeey, I remember Kyson.

--------------------------

"Anyone detect the problem?"

"Not yet Lord Screech. We did detect a strange energy spike though."

Screech growled. "Something is here. I don't like it."

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1561 demoman_chaos

Godden and Hideo were finishing up the repairs.
Hideo: You ever feel like you are being watched?
Godden: This place is under constant survelience.
Hideo: It is almost as if someone else is in here with us, but the goons are off busy with other projects.
Godden: There is.
Hideo: What?

Godden picks up a hammer and throws it at the wall. Hideo was expecting the thud of it hitting the wall, instead a thunk of metal against bone sounds out. The thunk is followed by a grunt of pain.
Godden: Reveal yourself to me, or to this war machine. Your choice.

A chameleon reveals itself, it is wearing a Bestian uniform.

Godden: State your name and rank.
"How did you know I was there?"
Godden: I've spent enough time staring at that wall to know something was off. Your camoflauge was good, but not good enough. What is your name and rank?
"Scout Robert Prize."
Godden: Of Beastia correct? I may not have been in these lands long, but I've had enough down time to do some research on the primary factions. What is a Bestian spy doing here?
Robert: Inspecting the damage Screech caused.
Godden: You are not lying, but not telling the entire truth either. You aren't inspecting the damage to see what aid to send are you?
Hideo: Sizing us up for the rest of your army right.
Robert: I don't know what you are talking about.
Godden: They wouldn't send a ninja for a diplomatic matter. Give me a reason to not press this key and activate my robot.
Robert: The Lamarian commanders are welcoming the other scouts with welcome arms. Stating something about a prophecy being fulfilled.
Hideo: You are lying.
Godden: I wouldn't put it past them actually. They believed Polly was Rethledine and Newton was possessed by someone who was framed for killing part of the royal family. I should have just taken Dem back to Calradia when I could.
Robert: Once our forces arrive, your robot will be our robot.

Godden press the button, activating Dem's K Drone. The scout runs and goes invisible, but the drone easily tracks him. It shots him in his lower back, crippling him. Dem goes and collects him and throws him on the table.
Godden: If you think for one moment I am giving up my robot to the likes of you, you are more foolish than I imagined. The only way I am giving up this robot is death. Something you will experience a very painful version of.

Dem grabs the scout's fingers and begins ripping them off one by one. Hideo leaves the room to avoid puking. After the fingers are gone, the hands follow, then the forearms and upper arms. Dem puts his hands into the empty parts that arms used to be and picks the scout up. His tail goes upwards into the scout, slowly impaling him until. Dem steps outside so all can see the Bestian scout impaled upon his tail. He tosses the corpse into the streets.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1562 Soniczero1993

Long tail is long.

------------------------

"Lord Screech, something is being broadcast. Apparently there was a spy of another faction that was murdered by Dem."

"I see. Something is not right. Alert all our forces, tell them to look for anything out of the ordinary. I want all subjects taken prisoner. If that cannot be done, lethal force is authorised."

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1563 mariostar0001
"You can't ignore me, I can read you like I read the symbols on your knife." Luke almost turned to look at Shadow, but caught himself, and kept moving. Shadow laughed. "Yes, you'd like to know, wouldn't you. But would you trust the word of a demon?" Luke shook his head. Shadow shrugged. "Suit yourself, never learn your father's greatest secret. By the way, you do realize that this isn't real time, don't you? It might have been an hour, or a year, or a lifetime since you left. And even more until you return..." Walking wasn't helping much. But it was something, something that wasn't listen to Shadow. The hedgehog didn't even look like one any more, he was slowly, fading, almost. He also floated at about the height of Luke's waist.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1564 demoman_chaos

Hideo: If the Lamarians are surrendering to the Beastians, they will take Dem without question.
Godden: Perhaps all is not lost. Looking at the footage, Screech and his army are damaged but not defeated. Screech and Dem fought against that Magna as a team. Perhaps we could work out a deal. The only strong resistance to his forces is Dem. Perhaps we could work out a deal. They aren't within range of the castle's raddar, which means we have enough time for Dem to act as an ambassador and work out a deal.
Hideo: ...What? You want to make a deal with the machines?
Godden: Dem is powerful, but alone he is not strong enough to fend off all of their forces. We need reinforcements. It is worth a shot.
Hideo: I hope you know what you are doing.
Godden: So do I.

Dem is sent off to meet with Screech. He is ordered to fly as fast as he can. While he flies, Godden calls the pizza parlor.
Al: I'm sorry, we are not taking orders right now. We will inform our custom...
Godden: I am not a customer. I wish to speak with Polly.
Al: Professor, I will get her at once.
Polly: What do you need Professor?
Godden: The Bestian forces are invading and the Lamarian government is welcoming them for some reason.

Some time passes before he arrives. He lands a few feet away from Screech (a good chunk of stuff has gone on since the Magna fight).
Dem: Professor Godden has proposition for you. The Beastians are coming to attack the castle. The Lamarian military seems to be welcoming them with open arms. The Professor knows that they will force him to give up control of me to them. He asks for an alliance. His Lamarian employers have fled and no longer has a stake in your fight with them. His demands are that he keeps the lab and control of me. In return I shall assist in defending the castle and help keep the populace from rebelling. 

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1565 Soniczero1993
"Considering the urgency of not wanting to be invaded, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you have not come to in fact sabatoge us. Very well, inform your creator he may work with us as long as nothing funny happens between now and later. I will be unhappy if I am betrayed."
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1566 demoman_chaos

Dem: Agreed.

Dem hurries back to Godden. He radios the castle to inform Godden, but only gets a hold of Hideo. Hideo tells Godden.

Godden: Screech has agreed to assist us.
Polly: Screech?! Why are you allying with him?
Godden: To ensure Dem remains under my control. If the Bestians take control of him, the evils that will be done will be unfathomable. If Screech goes wrong, Dem is strong enough to beat him.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1567 Soniczero1993

"Two alliances in one day my lord?"

"Silence you, all in good time will we get what we want. You must climb the ladder of success before you reach the mountain of triumph." Screech said.

"Never heard that metaphor before."

"Has the disturbance been detected?"

"Not yet, our scouts are still looking. You don't think they did it do you?"

"No, Dem's arrival was too soon between now and before. If he was attempting something, he would not have negotiated with us, but instead attacked or retrieved what he sent."

"You think Bestia did it?"

"I'm not sure, but I wouldn't doubt it."

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1568 sonicphc
Doing a slight fast forward on Newton's travel to catch him up to Dem's characters timewise. I probably won't be fastfowarding him again any time in the near future. ***** "Please, shut up..." The torrent of information flowing from Kyson quickly drowned Newton's half-hearted plea. Newton had filtered out most of the hour long diatribe on bio-integrated mechatronics, but couldn't avoid gaining new insight into the evolution of the Mobian vocal chord. From his chauffeur's limitless talking ability, he could only conclude that evolution had picked for survival in eons past only the best diplomats. That, or it had picked the most obnoxious. "So if you ever get around to working on full hardware integration with the mobian anatomy, let me know. It's the next step after those goggles of yours, I bet, and I'd love to be a test subject. Anyhow, here's your destination." Newton hopped out of the car as soon as it had stopped. "Uh, huh. I'll keep you posted, Kyson," he said, not even bothering to look back. Kyson happily waved him goodbye, adding, "You know where to find me," moments before speeding off. "Kids..." Newton muttered, the engine's roar quickly fading away. "At least he's got something to be excited about...." Newton inspected the parlor from the outside. At first glance, it appeared to be nothing more than a standard pizza shop, complete with neon signs and cheesy slogan. At second glance, the impression held, with a full complement of seating visible through the window and a menu hanging near the door. He briefly wondered if Kyson had taken him to the wrong place, but then he stopped thinking to listen. The faint sounds of metalworking and machinery were not that of a pizza oven. With his good hand, Newton pushed his way through the wooden door, calling out, "Hey, Polly, or whoever runs this joint, we need to talk!" It wasn't the most congenial of introductions, but he was hardly feeling up to pleasantries. ***** Heh, I had figured Peter and Rana would already be inside by the time Jasmine got there. I didn't mean for her to ignore them. Oops. I'll work around it. :) ***** The plain, serviceable hallways of the complex set Jasmine at ease as she followed her host. They were, at this point, the only thing she was certain about. In some respects, the structure was almost an exact replica of the research building she had been working in that morning, but then again, drab, gray, and claustrophobic wasn't exactly hard to replicate. The green echidna that had entered with her seemed friendly, but she kept her distance anyway, keeping pace a few yards ahead of them. When he had recognized her outside, she had also recognized him, and Tomas was instantly familiar as well. Lara had told her to attack them as they were leaving Knothole, and she distinctly recalled her shock at how easily the green one brushed off the scrambler grenade. She already knew a Chaylee surprise wasn't an option of things got ugly - they already knew the chao was on her. Still, it deeply worried her to have no useful weapons in a den of mutants. To make matters worse, as she approached the large conference room her insides started to churn. It wasn't from fear, however, or really any other emotion. She couldn't control it. Her mind ran through scenarios ranging from a severe lack of sleep to a plague the mutants carries and were immune to, but no matter what the situation, she was going to be sorely distracted, and therefore vulnerable. Tomas's voice caught her by surprise, causing her to jump. He was unnervingly polite, in stark contrast to the persona she had met on the headset. It took her a good few seconds to process what he had said. "Oh! Uhm, yeah," she said, opening her bag. "Chaylee, go get something to eat." Jasmine took every possible moment to look about and assess her surroundings. Just as the silence began to grow awkward, she remembered she wasn't alone. "Right, uhm... yeah, thanks for the food?" Before her face could fully turn the color of a beet, she hurried towards the table and sat down. Once again, she began inspecting everything. The serving utensils and diningware were top of the line. The food didn't look nor smell of poison, and the utensils were so clean they shimmered. Hand shaking, she reached for the fork, and let out a small yelp as she took hold. Chaylee, already on the table and chowing down, paused mid bite and asked, "You okay, there, Jasmine?" "Y- yeah, I'm fine," she lied. When she was but a centimeter above it, the fork had jumped into her had. Now her queasiness was starting to make sense. "I- I think it was something I took... earlier today. I'll be fine." As she reached for the salad, she noticed the echidna sitting across from her was staring her way, eyes filled with confusion and expectation. Jasmine suddenly realized she had been ignoring him all this time, and began to backpedal. "Oh! Uhm, hi," she said. "Chaylee... uhm... Chao. You asked about her. Yeah, they were, uh, how you were... made." How did one go about explaining mutant creation to a mutant? Was it a touchy subject? Did he know he was synthetic? "Their DNA is... uhm, special, and adapts rapidly to, well, anything. So- Oh to hell with this!" Jasmine whirled around and shot at glare at Tomas. "What the hell am I even doing here? You've got me acting like I do at one of mom's dinner parties. I hate dinner parties. How about you make with the introductions, and then we drop the whole 'guest' facade while you tell us what we're even doing here?" Chaylee, mouth full of bread, added, "Whileffweeeat!" Jasmine briefly worried about how bad an impression she and her child... pet... thing were making, up until she remembered she didn't care.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1569 mariostar0001
Shadow continued. "I have to ask though, why don't you just join us? Sure, there's eternal suffering in the end and all, but until then, you've got it made. You can have eternal life on earth, a lack of suffering or the ability to feel pain, and training in various noble fields like possession, corruption, dishonesty, even actual get some proper fighting ability. You're already half there anyway, you're not even on earth any more." Luke tried to speak again, but still he couldn't. So he just mimed out the closing of lips and kept walking. Shadow shrugged. "Suit yourself, do it the hard way. You're coming to us anyway, now or later."
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1570 demoman_chaos

Al: I'll get her.

Polly: So all those people died for no reason then.
Godden: Situations change.
Polly: How do you know Beastia will take control of him?
Godden: There was a Beastian spy in my lab, he told us everything.
Al: Polly, that cat you were with when you first came here is here.
Godden: Keep your cats out of the fight, that is all I ask.
Polly: We will see.

Polly follows Al to were Newton is.
Polly: What is it you need?

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1571 Soniczero1993

"Lord Screech, we've detected a disturbance."

"Speak!" Screech said.

"One of the drainage pipe coverings we found. It was ripped off. After closer inspection we discovered very tiny claw marks, that of something small but very sharp."

"Natural claws?"

"No, there's a metallic residue around it."

"Then we were invaded by a machine. None of our units are that small, and none of them use any form of melee weaponry that small either. The rest of our units are armed with firearms. That means the machine that did this is not one of ours, and it most certainly wasn't Dem."

"Do you know of any units that small?"

"Only one. I saw him very briefly when I first assaulted Shadow with those human assassins. I detected his energy signature as I tracked down my prey, and came into contact with him before. He is the smallest machine I've ever seen, so it has to be him."

"What should we do?"

"It's no doubt he's attempting something, but I don't know if it's sabotage or reconnaissance. Either way, I want Armageddon completely locked down. No one goes in or out except those with the proper clearance. Activate all of it's weapons systems and place sentries around it's parameter. No one is getting close without getting holes placed in them."

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1572 sonicphc
Newton sighed. "Nice to see you too," he said. He pulled up a chair and dropped down onto it, gesturing for Polly to do likewise. "You might want to be sitting down for this. I'll try and keep it short." Newton then proceeded to explain, as best he could, what Jericho had told them. How he had been set up to take down Sergio, how Knothole and Bestia were both on the warpath, and how another group of mutated Mobians was supposed to come in afterwards and mop up after the carnage. "...and the ***** told me all this," he concluded, "because nobody would believe me. Everyone believes I was unconscious for the last two days while James borrowed my body. Your show, 'demons' and all, was good enough to turn the masses into newly minted religious zealots. But, you know what really went on, and it sounds like you have an operation here with some resources that might be able to help.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1573 kjhg53

Tomas hadn't sat down like his guests had. He was leaning against the wall with one leg on it and his arms crossed. He had been listening to Jasmine try to explain what a chao was to Peter and couldn't help but laugh as she danced around the subject. Then, after Jasmie had her little out burst, he could see that Rana was starting to wake up and join the rest of them. This time, he couldn't keep his laugh to himself. He figured that she'd be the one to start demanding things.

"Alright, now that everyone is wake, we'll do introductions. The green echidna is, of course, the super mutant, Peter McCullaugh. While he tries to hide it, he knows a thing or two about computers, enough to hack into Lamaria's top secret main frame and find the files I planted there. The lovely brown echidna is Rana Brooke. She is an old friend of the mutant spy that watched over Peter when his family moved to Fluvial Village. They were at one point dating, but that's of no concern to you. She is an archaeologist that was simply dragged into this because she had a car and money."

Before Tomas could keep going, Peter had yelled "Mr. Floyd is a mutant?!" when he didn't have too much food in his mouth so that people could actually understand him.

"Yes, now shall I continue?" asked Tomas with a glare that told Peter to shut up.

Peter nodded and went back to stuffing his face.

"Good!" Tomas pushed himself away from the wall and then leaned on a chair next to Jasmine. He stared right into her eyes and flashed her a wicked smile. "And you're Jasmine Ruba, the stunning computer programmer fresh out of the Knothole Academy for the Development of the Technically and Intellectually Gifted. Before that, though, you lived in a small town on outskirts of Knothole were you had a hard time passing simple classes. A few years after you joined the Academy, you joined Team Trig as Jade in the Dark Masquerade games. This is were you first met your old boyfriend Newton Shayron, who was known as Arcyne at the time. After you graduated, you and your friends had plans on making and selling gadgets, but then that changed at the festival while you were snooping around Knothole's castle and ran into Lara, the Bestian Secretary of State."

Tomas paused for a moment as he pushed away from the chair he was leaning on, but he kept on staring at Jasmine. He moved over to where the chao was. He noticed that Peter most of got his eating habits also from them. "Along the way to the capital, you stole this little one away. Chaylee the chao. It looks like you gave her your ears." All of a sudden, Tomas stopped starring at Jasmine and moved to Peter.

"Chao are an ancient race of creatures that have a special ability locked away in their DNA. Upon touching someone, they can take scan over their traits and take what they want for themselves. Of course, the process isn't perfect and they grab more then they asked for, like Jasmine's ears on Chaylee. As Jasmine was trying to explain, this is how mutants were made. Their DNA is perfect to to create beings with powers. Of course, that wasn't enough for Bestia, they wanted the perfect mutant, one that could take out all of the others. One that could copy the abilities of the other mutants and used that against them and they couldn't do anything about it because they no longer had control over their own abilities. You. Thy didn't just make DNA like the chaos, you're the closest being out there that is like them. In fact, if you weren't a green echidna, we might as well call you one. Of course you have limits to your abilities, as do they."

Then there can another pause as Tomas scanned over his guests. "And I'm Tomas, your host. Son of Achilles, old head of the mutant mafia. That covers everyone in the room."

Tomas moved to back to his place against the wall and wait for a moment as he let is all sink in, how he knew so much about them. "Now, as to why you're all here, I have no clue for any of you besides Peter. He's the only one I want. I'm guessing that those mafia member that brought Peter and Rana here thought they might was well bring Rana as well, but I didn't order them to do so. All I said was for them to bring me Peter. As for you, Jasmine, I sent you to that warehouse in Chase Long Beach so you were out of the way, but alive. That was the request of your friend Jericho, to keep you alive. Hell, if it were up to me, you would be dead right now, but because Jericho has been so nice to me up to this point, I keep you alive. I gave you coordinates because I knew you'd try to find me, no other reason. If you want answers to why you're here, you better start asking yourself that."

Peter had finished eating about the time Tomas moved back to the wall. He let it all sink in and was relieved that Jasmine wasn't an ally of Tomas', which meant he had help in the room, besides Rana, if they needed it. But Tomas had a point, if she wasn't he upon his calling, why was she here? He stared at her with a bit of concern because he had no idea what was going to happen next. If Tomas had plans for him, they weren't good ones.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1574 sonicphc
Newton sighed. "Nice to see you too," he said. He pulled up a chair and dropped down onto it, gesturing for Polly to do likewise. "You might want to be sitting down for this. I'll try and keep it short." Newton then proceeded to explain, as best he could, what Jericho had told them. How he had been set up to take down Sergio, how Knothole and Bestia were both on the warpath, and how another group of mutated Mobians was supposed to come in afterwards and mop up after the carnage. "...and the ***** told me all this," he concluded, "because nobody would believe me. Everyone believes I was unconscious for the last two days while James borrowed my body. Your show, 'demons' and all, was good enough to turn the masses into newly minted religious zealots. But, you know what really went on, and it sounds like you have an operation here with some resources that might be able to help." ***** Just saw kj's post as I finished typing this. I'll get to Jasmine in a couple of hours.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1575 mariostar0001
"...And of course, the attack at Knothole. A most spectacular place for recruits, I even gave a few myself. The Lamarian, dogs." Shadow snorted as he said this, then coughed and continued. "The Lamarian cowardly canines didn't do quite so well, too many were weak of heart. Some were taken by the, other side, but we got the best of the batch, ready for proper corruption. We almost had you there, you should have died when you attacked Screech. Too smart for your own good, you were." He really was becoming assimilated into them, he was actually fighting on the opposite side in that fight, trying to save the people, namely Sally. Never mind that he couldn't tell the demon-in-training that. "You listening? No, you're not, are you... Always were weak like that, wouldn't let us tell you what was right. Or anyone else, for that matter, too much heart. You went to save the people, and instead manage to get them killed. Merely by being wrong. Still ignoring me? Oh that's right, I can read your mind... Ah! A perfect example! Would Snips please come forth?" Another demon appeared in the, area. "I'm not Snips already, I'm Snap. Get it-" The demon, who had a more female voice and a figure that once might have been human, stopped speaking as it looked at Luke. "Oh, hey Luke. Good to see you got here too. I'd hate to spend eternity knowing you made it to that place up there while I was burning down here." Luke saw her, but wasn't listening to her. No, not possible. She, she couldn't be here. Snap giggled, a rather hideous sound. "Oh yes, I can. You didn't save me quite in time, you know. I was always right there, waiting to snap out and corrupt you too. Hee hee, snap." Luke looked up at Shadow, suspicion in his eyes, and a bit of anger. The younger demon looked at him with a smug look on his face. "What? You don't believe a girl you, goody-good good, loved could become a Kappa? Even a former slave who'd murdered her master? The truth is, anyone can be corrupted, even you. Especially you. We can corrupt anything, even good intentions, and the desire to save a life. Just what depths have you sunk to to save someone, anyway?" "Bottom of the sea, even." Shadow frowned at Snap's interruption, but went on. "Quite right. Anyway, how about that Screech? Even now you're taking after him, to kill him. For revenge. For killing all those people, for making you look a fool for losing, and for failing to save lives. Admit it." Luke shook his head. That wasn't it at all, he was after him to stop him from more killing. Wasn't he? "Believe it, Luke. You know I'm not lying. And you know I'm always here, whispering it to you, letting you know that we almost have you..." Luke turned around, and acted as if to walk on. Shadow watched with some amusement, he knew what was coming. Luke reached down to his side and found his knife, it was there, surprisingly. He grasped it, whirled about, and hurled it at the demon. It struck right in his chest, and actually opened a gaping wound as blood flew everywhere, in much of an exaggeration. The wound continued to grow, crawling up Shadow as more and more blood gushed around. It consumed his chest, his arms, his legs, his neck, stopping short of his face, for a moment. "Good, he is ready. Take him." The rest of his face burst in a spray of blood, and demonic laughter that was so loud Luke closed his eyes to try (and fail) to block the noise. When he opened them again in a few seconds, both of the demons were completely gone, and a single structure had appeared, a massive building in the shape of a crumbling colosseum. Once again, he couldn't head back, so he headed to the door and went in. And the whole time, he kept turning the thoughts over in his head. He wasn't. Was he? He was.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1576 demoman_chaos
Polly: Bad news doesn't effect me as it used to. Godden has decided to have Dem assist Screech in taking over Lamaria. So we are going to see a massive free for all which is likely to leave this town nothing but rubble. This is a bad situation. If we fight, who do we fight for? If we leave, where do we go and do we come back?
Al: Godden already made a truce with Screech. If we could get Dem and the Lamarians to hold off Bestia, and convince Screech to take down Knothole's forces, we might be able to hold off. But then we'd have to fight Screech's forces again to keep him from taking over.
Francine: The Lamarian military and most of the people think Bestia are here to liberate them, they won't fight.
Polly: Even if we had the power to stop Bestia, the religious nutjobs might just attack us. Once again cats will be the enemy.
Francine: You think they'd believe Newton if he acted possessed again?
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1577 Soniczero1993

Screech's elite guard land inside Lamara and begin observing about. They see the occasional citizen, but nothing of threat. The elites continue to march about, seemingly searching for someone.

"Dracko, do you see anything?"

"Not a thing Slerg. Apocalypse, how's your end?"

"There isn't anyone that I can see. Just more people we aren't allowed to blast. Where the hell is Specter anyway?"

A machine, previously cloaked, appeared in front of the three. "Specter here, all is quiet, but I did get a reading up North. Shall we continue there?"

"Yes, let's."

Apocalypse groaned. "This would be easier if we still had Gegin. He had the gadgets for these kinds of things."

"Yes well, Sonic somehow managed to destroy Gegin. He isn't repaired enough to join us, so we have to make due." Slerg replied.

The group moved North.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1578 sonicphc
Jasmine fell limply backwards into her chair. Staring into space, she slowly shook her head. "Wow..." she said. "That's... wow..." Slowly, she leaned forward and resumed eating, if only because it was something to do. Her vacant stare persisted as she munched on a carrot. She had known Tomas knew her name, but she would never have guess that he knew what he did. Dwelling on it wasn't going to help her out, though, and so she turned her attention to the weird sensations that continued to plague her. They had become much more prominent over the course of Tomas's speech. She was starting to sense the presence of things around her. Though not in physical contact with her silverware, she somehow still felt them. The stronger the feeling grew, the less she was able to discern between her new, 6th sense and her real sense of touch. Out of concern for what would ensue if she made a grab for the knife, she continued to opt for finger foods. The silence had not yet been a minute long, but it was already starting to get to her. She looked at Peter and said, "So... you're basically a large chao. I guess that makes sense. The scrambler grenades didn't work on Chaylee, either..." Chaylee butt in. "Woah, wait a sec," she said. "You threw a grenade at this guy? When was that? Was I asleep?" "Actually, Chaylee, that was before we met." Jasmine's Pocket PC started to vibrate. The prospect of having a signal briefly excited her, but she didn't want to be obvious about it. She pulled the device out and proceeded to play with the keyboard as she continued. "Anyhow, I guess I should probably apologize for that one, Peter. Lara made it sound like you were some kind of devil-beast. But, hey, I learned something, so chalk one up for science, I guess..." Shoot, she thought as the screen went black. The operating system's corrupted. That's the last side-effect I need. I really should not have taken that virus. Jasmine quietly put the PC in her pocket and turned to Tomas. She asked, "So, where's your time bender? Ann, or something like that. From that security footage, I figured she was your partner in crime." Chaylee, meanwhile, had finished stuffing herself and ran over to Peter. The thought of another chao being in the room excited her greatly, but the food had excited her more. Now that she was full, meeting Peter was on the top of the list. She sat down on the edge of the table just ahead of him and asked, "So, what's it like being a chao in the real world? They keep us in these nice little happy gardens, but it gets sooooo boooring after a while. That's why I followed Jasmine! But I've only been out for, oh, almost a day. You must have so much more real world experience! Do you use your talents for good, like those guys on the TV? Do you live on the edge and have fun, exciting adventures? And what would living on the edge be like, anyway? The movies make it look so... edgy." Chaylee paused her verbal torrent and scrunched her brow, letting her brain catch up to her mouth. "Wow. Edges are edgy," she said. "Well done there, Chaylee." Slightly more controlled, she looked back up at Peter and added, "I get really hyper right after eating. Can you tell?" ***** Newton frowned and looked down in disappointment. "Sounds like you guys don't quite have the resources to- wait, what?" He looked up at Francine in disbelief as he suddenly realized what she had said. "You're kidding, right? That would..." He rubbed his face in his hand, pausing to put two and two together. Reluctantly, he looked up and said, "...work. I'd rather not get maimed again, though..."
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1579 kjhg53

Silly people thinking I will actually attack Lamaria- I mean...

You see nothing here. Oh look, RPG content:

-------

"She's not with us at this time. Let's just say that she had a long night last night." Tomas' voice was ice cold now. He really didn't like the fact Jasmine wanted to talk about Annie. "If she decides to join us, she will."

Peter stared blankly at Chaylee as she started to talk his ears off. Rana couldn't help but giggle as the chao talked and Peter stared at her, it was a pretty funny sight. Once Chaylee had finished, Peter shook his head and blinked a few times. He took in a deep breath just took make sure he wasn't in some kind of trance after all of that. "Um, where do I start? I was like you for a while, I was pretty much locked up in my parents house for most of my life. After I turned eighteen, I started to travel the word, so I guess you could say that I've been living on edgy edges. Every day is pretty much an adventure since I'm dirt poor. I try not use use my powers, though, since you can get in trouble where I'm from. My kind isn't that welcomed, you see. And yes, I can tell you're hyper after eating."

He waited for the mini him to ask a few more questions when he head bolted up and he found himself pointing at Jasmine. "Oi!" Both Rana and Tomas gave him a strange look and then Peter realized what he was doing and brought his arm down. The only time he did this was when he could sense someone with powers in the room. For a while, he had control over it, which is why he hadn't done it when Tomas met them at the door, plus he knew he was one. Or why he didn't do it with Rana.But this caught him by surprise, as if her powers we starting to develop inside of her. Last time he did this was when he first met Mr. Floyd the first time, but Peter thought nothing of it. He thought someone else had entered the room behind him and that's why it happened, but it turns out that was wrong.

"Sorry, I... um..." Peter wasn't sure what to say. He didn't know if Jasmine wanted Tomas to know, or if he even knew she had powers. Now he probably did, but he didn't want to confirm it, just in case. "My arm has been twitchy all day. Sometimes it just pops up like that... hehe..."

Rana gave Peter another strange look. "Um, no you- OW!"

She was cut off by Peter who jabbed his arm into her side. "Oops! Sorry about that."

Tomas blinked as the two of them went at it. "Eh..." He started to tap his figure. He was starting to wish Annie would actually wake up and join them. He needed to see if the take over was done and so that he could place a call. There was no way he was going to leave them alone, or take them to the computer room. And their robot wasn't going to cut it for watching them.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1580 mariostar0001

Silly people thinking I will actually attack Lamaria- I mean...

You see nothing here.

kjhg53
In case you're serious, it's because while the players may (should) know it by now, the characters within do not, and react as they've been informed. Though I doubt you were actually serious. :P In other news, Scorprion's still floating (through the river by now), and will remain that way for a long while, it's a long river. Moria's got nothing much to do at the moment, though I intend some reaction with him soon. Daro/Shade/Chaos are still waiting for everyone else's night, as I've said. That leaves Luke in dream/demon world, and Sonic and co, who I'll cover in another post.
Inside the colosseum was really, nothing. The place was empty, at first at least. But as Luke walked closer to the center, he started to see a few figures appear. Two in the center itself, and a ton in the stands. Not surprisingly, those in the stands were demons, they were doing a variety of cheering, jeering, making mischief with their friends, and in a few cases, trying to rush into the arena only to be sent back by an invisible field around the place. Apparently, Luke wasn't the only limited one here. The two figures in the center were more obscured, both were cloaked. One was sitting on a throne in the perfect center, the other to the right of him, and standing. Luke was within three feet of the center itself when he found he could go no further, his steps were limited for some reason. So he stood, and waited. He didn't have to wait long, the seated figure stood, and removed their hood completely, revealing a hideously scarred face over a completely red and bloodied (naked) body. Male, or at least was once. It literally croaked when it spoke. "Welcome to the pit arena, Luke of Rockefell. I am Lucif, the oldest of the Kappa, and your referee, were there rules here. As here, you are to take on your greatest challenger. You must defeat him, in any way. Begin." The being sat down again, and his chair rose up over the stadium, then turned and allowed the being within a full view of the field. Luke found he could move again, and did so, entering the center. As he did so, the second figure removed his hood as well, and Luke found himself staring into his own face. The being waited a moment, and Luke drew his knife, just in case. The false Luke pulled out three of his own, and threw all three at once, straight for Luke. Luke rolled under them, but they curved back around to strike again. Luke swatted two aside with his own knife, but the third scratched through his shoulder before all three returned to their owner. The man bowed, with an appearance that was almost mocking, then threw again.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1581 Soniczero1993

Totally called it. All out war, just the way I like it.

-------------------------------

Soon, the elites started making some progress. Their destination was fast approaching, which was always a good thing.

"Alright, engines off. We don't want to look like we're charging anyone."

"Yes Slerg." They all said in unison.

The elites had stopped in front of a pizza parlor. Screech had sent them out to secure his newfound allies, and perhaps get some info from them. If he was fighting a war, he needed to know the sides. He's known Knothole for years, but he needs to know about Bestia's army as well.

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1582 demoman_chaos

Francine: We could dress Polly up as Rethledine again and have her explain what really happened. That would turn the Lamarians against the invaders again.
Al: We couldn't hold off Bestia, Knothole, and Screech.
Polly: Perhaps we don't have to. Godden already made an agreement with Screech, so we could have the Lamaraians to fend off the Bestians while Screech takes care of Knothole. But that would mean convincing them Screech is their savior and handing this place over to him.
Al: It might be better for us to wait until each side has had its turn and then bringing the people against the remnants of the victor.
Polly: Only flaw with that is during the fighting there will be a lot of collarteral damage. We likely won't have much to fight for or people to join us.

Clark and Johnny were on their way back with some scrap when they saw the robot elites approaching the parlor. Johnny runs to the alleyway to go into the rear door of the parlor while Clark tries to distract them.
Clark: Hey metal morons, your mama was a snow blower.

Johnny gets inside.
Johnny: There are some robots outside and they don't look friendly.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1583 Soniczero1993

Apocalypse immediately grabs Clark and squeezes him in his hand. "What did you say, mortal?"

"Apocalypse!" Slerg shouted. "What did I just get done telling you?"

With a bit of a growl, he put Clark back on the ground, and grumbled to himself. "Out of my way." He stopped in front of the door and got ready to kick it in. Of course, all he hit was an invisible Specter, who caught his foot and flipped him on his back.

"Are you trying to get them to attack us? Do I need to tell Screech of your hostilities?"

"Screech is a big blow hard. We are the elite guard, why do we follow him?"

"Because," Dracko started "Screech is a lot more powerful than us, heavily armored, and is smarter. He calls the shots because he knows what he's doing, which is why he chose Slerg to be our commander and not you. I'd prefer a smart commander who can keep us alive than a muscle man who throws us to death."

"Is that why we lost Gegin?"

"That was a fluke, Sonic got lucky." Slerg replied.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1584 sonicphc
Apologies for the delay. I'll have something tomorrow. Been swamped at work.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1585 mariostar0001
Luke drew his dirk this time, and deflected the shot into the ground, then tried to drive it in, only to find that the floor was impenetrable. Great, what kind if a battlefield was this? You can't damage the floors, the ceiling's just a blank void of a sky, and you can't go through the invisible walls or interact with the crowd. Plus, no obstacles. Fighting in the skies between Knothole and Lamaria was more enjoyable. Of course, false Luke pulled his knife back. He then pulled out another weapon, which of course resembled Luke's dirk. Figures. Except, the dirk wasn't indestructible... Luke tried the offensive this time, lashing out with his three blades forwards as he pushed his way through to the false Luke. His opponent walked backwards at the same speed, and started lashing out on his own. Soon, knives were flying through the air fast and thick, deflecting each other, seeking each other, always looking for an opening, never grabbing one. So long as they had equal numbers, neither could penetrate the other's defenses. Luke saw fit to fix that. He brought all three of his knives together in the air and sent them hurtling for the false Luke. Said being maneuvered his own into the same path, to deflect the three blades. But the fourth slipped past, as Luke's dirk hurled at the false being. Whatever it truly was looked at Luke, and grinned. Hefting his own dirk, false Luke threw it as well, and hit it on the hilt just barely, sending both blades ricocheting in different directions, out of arm's reach. Luke tried to dive at his, and barely dodged yet another knife thrust. Before it could return, he grabbed at the handle, seeking to hold it away from the enemy. He called his own to him to deflect any other blades, only to receive two. Looking up, he saw the false being in possession of Luke's third knife, holding it as easily as Luke held the being's. This couldn't be won this way, they were too even. Luke came to a decision. He couldn't speak, but he could act, and his actions should be enough. He lifted all three blades, and threw them away, with the dirk, then raised his fists. The other being looked at him, then something that might have been comprehension flashed through his eyes, and he did as Luke did, tossing his blades aside. Then he rushed at Luke.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1586 sonicphc
"Screech?" Newton asked, raising an eyebrow. "That's the guy who sent the robots in while I was unconscious, right? Jericho mentioned it. Lamaria thinks Bestia's here to save them from him, so there's little chance they're going to accept him..." Newton sighed. He didn't like that his only thoughts were shooting down ideas. But then something came to him. "...but I guess we don't have to tell Screech that." He wasn't entirely comfortable with the thought of setting up his home country to lose lives to a robot army, but it was probably for the best. Knothole had the strongest military around, and, having built heavily upon Robotnik's designs, would be well prepared to shred his army. Knothole risked the fewest casualties in getting the Screech-eliminating job done. With a hint of resignation, Newton continued, "It'll buy me time, I guess. I might be able to talk Lamaria out of letting Bestia just waltz in and conquer, but I'd need to convince them I'm James. That'll require a ton of that blue paralyzer you saw me make, Polly, and a cryoblade that doesn't look like a cryoblade. That way I can pull off the no-pain no-blood routine again. I'll probably be devastating my body in the process, but it'll be worth it to take Jericho down for making me his pawn..." Newton blinked and shook his head. He added, "...and to save all these people, too. That's... also important." ***** With a look of concern, Chaylee glances over her shoulder at Jasmine. She felt exactly what Peter had - the power-giving virus was way more potent than they had planned for. Jasmine seemed to be handling it well, though. The only signs were her twitching hands and slow, slightly strained breathing. If it weren't for the fact that Chaylee could feel Jasmine's power's building, she could have easily mistaken the symptoms for nerves. Afraid she might give Jasmine away if she said anything, the chao turned back to Peter. She said, "Wow. Your life really IS adventurous. It's much more exiting than I could have guessed! Tell me about your best adventure. I'm sure Jasmine would love to hear about it, too." Across the table, Jasmine cracked a smile. The pain, however, quickly caused it to fade. Waves of fire coursed through her body as her nervous system adjusted to the increased electrical current running through them. She appreciated that Chaylee was stalling for time on her behalf, but she wasn't sure it was going to be enough. While Chaylee continued to chat with Peter, Jasmine looked back at Tomas and asked, "Why do you want to destroy Knothole, anyhow? Or Lamaria? Isn't it Bestia that created and abandoned the mutants? Destroying all these countries seems so... pointless..." She was fishing for information disguising it as fruitless concern. Tomas had already made it clear to her over the communicator that he was emotionally vulnerable, and she wanted a lead on a less volatile weakness than his father. She did her best to hide her pain all the while, hoping it would subside over time. ***** Bluh. My writing gets poor at this time of night. Hopefully this is all still intelligible. ***** Heh. Opened this to post at, like, 3AM, and then closed the computer lid without hitting "submit." Go me.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1587 demoman_chaos

Polly: With those robots outside, discussing the finer details could be hairy. Francine, think you can keep him busy while we talk tactics in the upstairs?
Francine: Sure, I can keep them down here.

Polly drags Newton upstairs while Johnny, Al, and Francine stay below.
Polly: I know Godden would be able to assist with the paralyzer and cryo knife, but I don't know how much he can be trusted. His main interest is in perserving control of his war machine. His friend Hideo could be what we need to convince him to help us. It does risk him telling our plan to Screech though.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1588 sonicphc
"Godden's robot's going to have the same trouble dealing with Knothole that Screech will," Newton explained, "should Knothole get through. With Bestia, well, I don't really know what mutants are capable of, but I'm sure they've got someone with a power that's prime for taking down a machine. I think that's a convincing enough argument to get his help in forcing a couple of stalemates. If not, well, we just make Knothole and mutants sound threatening enough until it is. If he really treats that robot like his baby, he won't want to take any risks with it." ***** @kj - Where are Knothole and Bestia's armies at right now? Or, rather, how thoroughly conquered is Knothole at present?
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1589 mariostar0001
@Everyone, asking what time it's about now. I'd guess close to six myself. I've a minor plot twist I'm planning that can't take place until Shade and co. act, which won't be until Knothole settles down for the night, which of course requires nighttime. :P
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1590 demoman_chaos
Polly: If we can get into the lab, I can most likely reprogram Dem to continue to assist the Lamarians instead of Screech. With Knothole and Screech going toe to toe, at least one of the threats will be wiped out. That just leaves Beastia. With the Lamarian military being assisted by Dem, we might have a shot of weakening them sufficiently. We may not be able to defeat them, but once they take over we can use guerilla tactics to wittle them down bit by bit until they are forced to count their loses and leave. Do you know how long we have before the armies are upon us?
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1591 kjhg53

@phc: No clue where Knothole is at the moment, but they are far enough from the capital that they wouldn't be able to stop the mutants. From what mariostar has said, it would seem they are just outside of Lamaria and are waiting till tomorrow to attack. The mutants are about 4/5 of the way to the capital and should have control of it fairly soon, which means Tomas better make his call soon...

@mariostar: For Tomas and co. I'd say it's fiveish or something since they just had dinner or something like that.

------

I have a post on the way, but I still have to finish up Peter's story.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1592 sonicphc
Newton shrugged. He said, "Given that the advance scouts were just found now, and that Lamaria's treating them like Gods, I'd say Besita's got a day to wait. Knothole wasn't provoked until recently, so I'd imagine they've spent most of today in travel time. I'd say anywhere from 12 to 24 hours before one or the other strikes. If it were any sooner, Jericho would probably have tried to make me stick around for the... 'show.'" He added an air quote with his good hand for emphasis. "Assuming that gathering supplies takes an hour, the drive to the town takes 45 minutes, and we spend an hour or two planting 'omens' to rile the folks up, that should put the conclusion of my, uh, 'encore' about 8 hours out from the attacks - enough time for Lamaria to mobilize the army again and get citizens to shelter. We should get started, though, as soon as possible."
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1593 demoman_chaos
Polly: What about those robots snooping outside? I've got a strong feeling they are going to follow us.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1594 mariostar0001
The fake rushed a punch at Luke, who ducked it as he kicked out in roughly the direction of the fake. He got hit, but moved back with the blow so as to lessen the effect, than grabbed Luke's leg and flipped him sideways. Luke fell on his face, but quickly rolled onto his back and kicked upwards as the fake Luke rushed him. The blow connected, and the fake fell back about two paces. Good, he can be hurt. That means this has a chance of being possible... Luke got up as quickly as he could to meet a rush from the clone, managing to catch the top of his head against his foe's forehead. It hurt more than he thought it would, apparently, the head's quite a hardy bone, even against itself. The fake, seeing his momentary hesitation, rushed him, and punched at him with both hands in a heavy fist. Luke tried to block with his own hands, but it drove through anyway, catching him in the chest. Before the fake could step back, Luke brought his knee up into his foe's chest, sending him up an inch and back a few more. Luke quickly stepped back, and took a moment to survey his, bruises. He hadn't done hand-to-hand in years...
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1595 sonicphc
Newton shrugged. "Let 'em follow. We're just going to ask Godden help deal with Bestia. We don't need to tell anyone we plan on screwing Screech over just yet. This should just help convince them that we're on their side, as we're helping weaken a threat."
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1596 Soniczero1993

Specter was staring at the conversation for quite a while now. "I don't like that cat Slerg. There's something I don't trust about him."

"Why is that?"

"That one is a schemer, I'm sure of it. Considering the kinds of gadgets he has, I'd say he is as much of a thinker as Screech is. Though the goggles are a bit primitive."

"I say we blast them all and be done with this. If you have a problem with that cat, why don't I just crush his puny body in my hand?" Apocalypse stated.

"As amusing as that would be to watch, it would not only disobey Screech, but would cause everyone here to be hostile to us." Slerg responded. "I will have to plan this out. If all goes well, you may just get your wish."

"Slerg agreeing with Apocalypse?" Dracko said bewildered. "I'm shocked."

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1597 demoman_chaos
@zero: Which conversation is he staring at? Newton and Polly are upstairs behind the fortified walls while the robots are (as far as I can tell) still outside.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1598 Soniczero1993

All the elites have the same features as Screech, hence elites. They are using X-ray visors.

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1599 demoman_chaos
Are they listening in or just watching?
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1600 Soniczero1993
Watching. I could easily make them listen in with some sonar, but people complain because my stuff always beats them out.