Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#101 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Mario and Sonic Party,nuff said.

..now,I'm being serious,Winter Olympics had a party mode,and Sonic has been in at least 2 different Party games(Sonic Shuffle and party mode of Secret Rings).Of course people will still complain that its not a adventure game or whatever,but I would say its better then the Olympic games,since we can get some more interesting games.Picture the game full of dream events.

..in fact,they're slightly heading that way with the newest installment. File:MS-London-Wii-screenshot-7.jpg

SuperSmashBro1

The Dream Events are the best parts of the games which makes me wish they'd ditch the whole olympic thing and just make "Mario and Sonic party"

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#102 macrules_640
Member since 2004 • 90033 Posts
A Mario Party game with Sonic characters would be more appealing.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#103 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
A Mario Party game with Sonic characters would be more appealing.macrules_640
It's called Sonic Shuffle, and sadly it was a bit too convoluted to pick up and play. Personally, I like it more than Mario Party in concept and execution, but that's because I'm a board game person. Where Mario Party shines is in the pretty much complete randomness of everything and the frequent minigames. Now, I hate complete randomness determining the victor in my games - that's the board gamer in me - and that's why I felt shuffle's hand of cards mechanic was brilliant. Save that 6 for later, sure, but then you risk it getting stolen. But stealing's a risk, too, because only the person holding the dreaded Eggman card knows where it is. But you need to save your high cards to win battles, and... well, you can see how it gets subtly devious. Unfortunately, it's not good enough. As a party game, it's too complicated. You have to plan your turns, and there's a not-insignificant amount of teaching for a new player. Also, there are far more decisions to make than in Mario Party, so turns take much longer, and the game is not of fixed turn length, so it can go on forever. In addition, the minigames weren't that exciting, and the descriptions of them were obtuse. Even worse, it's not a stellar board game either. There's just not quite enough in the way of depth or strategic options, primarily due to the sparsity of shops and stupidly high cost of items, for the game to remain interesting throughout its entire length. If you shorten the game, however, it's not long enough for player skill to really begin to override the luck in hand draws and preciousstone placement, so it's catch22. I'd love to see a Sonic Shuffle 2, which would basically be Sonic Shuffle but somewhat more streamlined and with far less complicated minigames. Or at least simpler explanations of them. Take out the card roulette so when you play a 5 in battle you know you're getting a 5. Add a few more characters with varying special abilities, and generally make Knuckles shortcuts suck less. Unfortunately, I don't think this is ever going to happen, as I'm basically pining for Dokapon Kingdom Sonic Edition, and I don't think Sonic Shuffle sold nearly well enough for them to try that. TL;DR - Sonicphc laments the wasted potential of Sonic Shuffle - party game jack of all trades, but master of none.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#104 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
Shuffle, another game on the long list of Sonic games I've heard about, can't play, and don't too much care to play anyway. And that description didn't help my opinion towards it much. :P
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 macrules_640
Let's try to forget about Sonic Shuffle shall we? :P
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 kbaily

Shuffle, another game on the long list of Sonic games I've heard about, can't play, and don't too much care to play anyway. And that description didn't help my opinion towards it much. :Pmariostar0001

Well from what I've heard, you don't miss much. It was a Mario party knockoff that swapped dice for shuffling cards but an early Dreamcast game, the only players you could choose from at the get go were Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy (meaning some poor schmuck got stuck playing the pink one) and later on you unlock Gamma, Big, Chao and Super Sonic. The closest thing it had to a spiritual successor was the party game multiplayer of Secret Rings.

Here's Sonicphc's original Shuffle review. http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_article.php?topic_id=25514744&union_id=4363

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 mariostar0001
Good to see I'm not the only one who comments on several year old articles... :P
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mariostar0001
Fanboy alert! :P I must ask this though, have you played the game yet? From all I've heard, only the demo's available, and it's not that good. The main game, unavailable.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#110 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

Hm?Has a post in this topic dissapeared or something?o_O

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 mariostar0001
Yes, the one I replied to. I hate when that happens...
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 macrules_640
Doesn't look like it too me.
91210user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#113 91210user
Member since 2009 • 258 Posts

You saw what they did to Miku in Japan... I think they'll go the same with Sonic! 

I suppose it's time to move on then! 

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#114 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts
Who the hell is Miku?
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 macrules_640
Isn't it that singing girl or something?
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#116 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

[QUOTE="kbaily"]or for those wanting a more party-fighter, they could use the Power Stone formula.sonicphc
Oh wow yes. This. Hell, it doesn't even need the Sonic theme. Just make Power Stone 3. *goes to play Power Stone 2*

I agree with these messages. 

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#117 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts
When will they get it Sonic is at his best when his games are about running fast and platforming around awesome stages to cool and addicting music with a small and non complex story if any story at all I mean when ever they try crazy new things it always ends badly. I mean sonic colors was a little diffrent but it still kinda stuck to the main gameplay elements I thought sega had it figured out by now I guess not well I will always be a sonic fan I just wish they would stop trying to do new things I mean I also understand you can't keep repecting the same stories and ideas over and over again but when they start messing around with the formula to much it always ends bad and sonic is like coke cola or something you mess with the formula people get mad stick to your formula Sega its better for everyone in my opinion.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Soniczero1993

When will they get it Sonic is at his best when his games are about running fast and platforming around awesome stages to cool and addicting music with a small and non complex story if any story at all I mean when ever they try crazy new things it always ends badly. I mean sonic colors was a little diffrent but it still kinda stuck to the main gameplay elements I thought sega had it figured out by now I guess not well I will always be a sonic fan I just wish they would stop trying to do new things I mean I also understand you can't keep repecting the same stories and ideas over and over again but when they start messing around with the formula to much it always ends bad and sonic is like coke cola or something you mess with the formula people get mad stick to your formula Sega its better for everyone in my opinion.Darksonic666

Oh, one of YOU people.

Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations have been the best two year run Sonic has ever had. If you can't appreciate both of those games, no, you are not a fan.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 sonicphc
When will they get it Sonic is at his best when his games are about running fast and platforming around awesome stages to cool and addicting music with a small and non complex story if any story at all I mean when ever they try crazy new things it always ends badly. I mean sonic colors was a little diffrent but it still kinda stuck to the main gameplay elements I thought sega had it figured out by now I guess not well I will always be a sonic fan I just wish they would stop trying to do new things I mean I also understand you can't keep repecting the same stories and ideas over and over again but when they start messing around with the formula to much it always ends bad and sonic is like coke cola or something you mess with the formula people get mad stick to your formula Sega its better for everyone in my opinion.Darksonic666
Punctuation and line breaks are your friend. I'm having trouble reading what you wrote, here. :/
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 SuperSmashBro1

[QUOTE="Darksonic666"]When will they get it?Sonic is at his best when his games are about running fast and platforming around awesome stages to cool and addicting music with a small and non complex story,if any story at all.I mean,Whenever they try crazy new things it always ends badly.I mean,Sonic Colors was a little different but it still kinda stuck to the main gameplay elements,I thought Sega had it figured out by now,I guess not.

Well I will always be a sonic fan,I just wish they would stop trying to do new things,I mean I also understand you can't keep repecting the same stories and ideas over and over again but when they start messing around with the formula to much it always ends bad and sonic is like coke cola or something,you mess with the formula,people get mad.Stick to your formula Sega,its better for everyone in my opinion.sonicphc

Punctuation and line breaks are your friend. I'm having trouble reading what you wrote, here. :/

I kinda fixed it,doing such made me understand what he was saying better.

I have no problem with trying another genre,as long as Sega still keeps making awesome platformers. I don't see why they seem like its a big deal though,Sonic has done that recently with M&S and Riders,kinda like how Nintendo acts as if the 3DS is the first time they allowed dlc,despite how there are at least 5 games on Wii with dlc.

Also,people don't get mad when they mess with the formula,they just get mad when they mess with the formula and forever dispose of the original.Like Mountain Dew,I'm sure Dew drinkers will complain if the original Green Mountain Dew gets replaced by White Out forever.People are just plain weird if they complain about White Out appearing on the shelves despite how its obscure it is compared to the original.

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Darksonic666

[QUOTE="Darksonic666"]When will they get it Sonic is at his best when his games are about running fast and platforming around awesome stages to cool and addicting music with a small and non complex story if any story at all I mean when ever they try crazy new things it always ends badly. I mean sonic colors was a little diffrent but it still kinda stuck to the main gameplay elements I thought sega had it figured out by now I guess not well I will always be a sonic fan I just wish they would stop trying to do new things I mean I also understand you can't keep repecting the same stories and ideas over and over again but when they start messing around with the formula to much it always ends bad and sonic is like coke cola or something you mess with the formula people get mad stick to your formula Sega its better for everyone in my opinion.Soniczero1993

Oh, one of YOU people.

Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations have been the best two year run Sonic has ever had. If you can't appreciate both of those games, no, you are not a fan.

What kind of people ? I never said I didn't appreciate Sonic Colors or Generations in fact I love both those games and I would also say I am one of the biggest sonic fans I know I even kind of liked Sonic 06 a bit if that means anything and all I was saying was that Sega shouldn't mess around with the Sonic games that much that's all. Sonic colors was a great game I just didn't like the wisp powers all the much I still thought it was awesome and I have no idea where you got Generations I didn't even talk about it but whatever I love that game too. Its one of my favorite sonic games infact.

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Darksonic666

[QUOTE="sonicphc"][QUOTE="Darksonic666"]When will they get it?Sonic is at his best when his games are about running fast and platforming around awesome stages to cool and addicting music with a small and non complex story,if any story at all.I mean,Whenever they try crazy new things it always ends badly.I mean,Sonic Colors was a little different but it still kinda stuck to the main gameplay elements,I thought Sega had it figured out by now,I guess not.

Well I will always be a sonic fan,I just wish they would stop trying to do new things,I mean I also understand you can't keep repecting the same stories and ideas over and over again but when they start messing around with the formula to much it always ends bad and sonic is like coke cola or something,you mess with the formula,people get mad.Stick to your formula Sega,its better for everyone in my opinion.SuperSmashBro1

I kinda fixed it,doing such made me understand what he was saying better.

I have no problem with trying another genre,as long as Sega still keeps making awesome platformers. I don't see why they seem like its a big deal though,Sonic has done that recently with M&S and Riders,kinda like how Nintendo acts as if the 3DS is the first time they allowed dlc,despite how there are at least 5 games on Wii with dlc.

Also,people don't get mad when they mess with the formula,they just get mad when they mess with the formula and forever dispose of the original.Like Mountain Dew,I'm sure Dew drinkers will complain if the original Green Mountain Dew gets replaced by White Out forever.People are just plain weird if they complain about White Out appearing on the shelves despite how its obscure it is compared to the original.

Sorry about the spacing and what not grammer is not my strong suit and I understand what you are saying but I also want to make it clear that I am a very forgiving sonic fan and I love most all of his games and that I was mearly saying is that Sega really should stop messing around with gameplay elements and just focus on different stories and levels not changing the way sonic plays but if they do thats fine I will still most likely enjoy the game anyways I just prefer when they don't thats all.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 sonicphc

Sorry about the spacing and what not grammer is not my strong suit and I understand what you are saying but I also want to make it clear that I am a very forgiving sonic fan and I love most all of his games and that I was mearly saying is that Sega really should stop messing around with gameplay elements and just focus on different stories and levels not changing the way sonic plays but if they do thats fine I will still most likely enjoy the game anyways I just prefer when they don't thats all.

Darksonic666
Heh. I think the part that terrifies me the most is that your post is actually only one sentence. Need some commas, but with those it's not even a run-on. In the future, consider typing a period instead of typing "and" or "but." It'll make your posts a little easier to read when you put pauses in there ;)
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Soniczero1993
God damn, that's a runaway train sentence.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 SuperSmashBro1
Running right off the track.
Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Darksonic666
Okay okay I get it I have bad grammer geez you can't get away with crap around here I guess.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 sonicphc
Okay okay I get it I have bad grammer geez you can't get away with crap around here I guess.Darksonic666
Heh. We're not trying to insult you. Well, I'm not, anyhow. Just trying to help. It's hard to focus on what you're trying to say when all your words blur together. :)
MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts
Personally, I'd love to see a crackdown on improper spelling and general grammar.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SuperSmashBro1

I just wanted to make an AC/DC reference :P

*only 3 people get it*

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 macrules_640
If you want blood, you've got it! :P
Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Darksonic666

[QUOTE="Darksonic666"]Okay okay I get it I have bad grammer geez you can't get away with crap around here I guess.sonicphc
Heh. We're not trying to insult you. Well, I'm not, anyhow. Just trying to help. It's hard to focus on what you're trying to say when all your words blur together. :)

Oh know you were just trying to help I was talking to the two guys above the last post.

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 SuperSmashBro1
Iizuka once said he'll also expand into other Media's..is that why he's in a Progressive Commercial and has a merchandise site now?
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 macrules_640
Now we just need to see a new show again sometime. :D
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 kbaily

Now we just need to see a new show again sometime. :Dmacrules_640

Hey if Family Guy, Futurama and Bevis and Butthead can be ressurected why not SatAM.

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#136 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts

[QUOTE="macrules_640"]Now we just need to see a new show again sometime. :Dkbaily

Hey if Family Guy, Futurama and Bevis and Butthead can be ressurected why not SatAM.

Because the writer of SatAM passed away and they can't find someone as good as he was? Maybe Ian Flynn?
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 SuperSmashBro1

Archie Comics people?

Or they can try a completly new one,like....a 3D cartoon?

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 macrules_640
Ian Flynn seems like the most logical choice since he heads the writing of the comics right now.