Want to immigrate legally? Get in line!!! Mexican line is 130 years long.

• 86 results
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol no. Spain probably is the only country that welcomes immigration, but Spain is broke as f*ck. Japan, New Zealand, Canada have very fierce immigration policies. Canada in this regard is the most hypocritical probably. You may believe that Canada is so welcoming, liberal and political correct, but they will deport your illegal ass in no time, believe me. We even have here a reality TV show on Deportations where they catch poor immigrants and deport their asses lol Yeah this is Canada. People live in their liberal bubbles and they don't know how the real world works.

Wut? ;)

Now, why can't the US be as strict as other countries in enforcing its immigration policies?

He He. Maybe the protesters here should be protesting over there instead.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@Serraph105: It didn't take my parents over 130 years to become U.S. Citizens! They became citizens last year with a green card for over 25 years.

My wife's relatives were all rejected from immigrating to the US during Clinton's 8 years. They reapplied during Bush Jr's 8 years and most of them (except one child who was past 21 years of age) got in.

Plus, one of my wife's nephews got hired by the DoD right after his college graduation (Philippines). Very smart in mathematics. They gave him a green card and expedited his US citizenship. He eventually got his PhD here in the US and teaches math in DoD schools.

People here might be surprised to know how many corporations, government agencies, and even military recruiters hang out at Philippine universities and try to snag the brightest graduates right off the bat.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@R3FURBISHED: There are several paths to citizenship that are legal. I know that some of them are not feasible for your average illegal alien from Mexico and other Latin countries, but it isn't the job of America to save the rest of the world.

If anything, people from Mexico can blame their government for where they are at. They can't get their shit straight, causing people to illegally migrate to the US, when if they were actually able to provide for their people they wouldn't have that problem and wouldn't have a reason to illegally migrate here.

There isn't a huge push to stop the flow of illegal aliens from Canada or build a border wall to our North and on the Alaska border. I, as well as our many Canadian posters, can tell you why (it's not racism against Latinos like some people claim). I am not saying we never have visa overstayers from Canada, but the amount is hardly worth monitoring.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Never thought I'd see the day N64DD and iandizion713 agreed on something.

Even thought it's on the idea to invade Mexico with military forces and overthrow the entire country through might.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@Inferman:

For once I actually agree with you.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@Serraph105 said:

You would have to consider the weather of course. I mean if you are going to live somewhere like Canada you had better be happy or okay with a fair amount of snow.

There were plenty of Mexicans working the farms in Upstate New York during my six years there. Weather there is practically identical to the majority of population centers in Canada. Subzero temperatures, lake-effect snow. They're there too.

The Amish can handle such winter conditions with the bare minimum of modern conveniences. The rest of us should be able to do so as well with all our tech.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:

Why the US all the time? The US is such a rotten country (so many problems). Why not immigrate to other countries such as Spain, Japan, New Zealand, Canada, etc?

If I was immigrating from Mexico, I'd skip the US and make a beeline for Canada...especially if I knew they'd be more welcoming to me.

Lol no. Spain probably is the only country that welcomes immigration, but Spain is broke as f*ck. Japan, New Zealand, Canada have very fierce immigration policies. Canada in this regard is the most hypocritical probably. You may believe that Canada is so welcoming, liberal and political correct, but they will deport your illegal ass in no time, believe me. We even have here a reality TV show on Deportations where they catch poor immigrants and deport their asses lol Yeah this is Canada. People live in their liberal bubbles and they don't know how the real world works.

Canada also discriminates against people with handicaps (mentally or physically) from immigrating here.

We aren't really hypocritical though. Our legal immigration is strict but we are very open to refugees.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#58 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

This thread has some hilarious stuff.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Serraph105 said:

You would have to consider the weather of course. I mean if you are going to live somewhere like Canada you had better be happy or okay with a fair amount of snow.

There were plenty of Mexicans working the farms in Upstate New York during my six years there. Weather there is practically identical to the majority of population centers in Canada. Subzero temperatures, lake-effect snow. They're there too.

The Amish can handle such winter conditions with the bare minimum of modern conveniences. The rest of us should be able to do so as well with all our tech.

I really meant whether you enjoy such weather. In the podcast I cited one of the reasons the British guy immigrated from London to Florida was in fact that he was tired of the weather. Not the end all be all of course, but there's just a lot of factors about why a person might want to immigrate somewhere.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@ad1x2 said:

@R3FURBISHED: There are several paths to citizenship that are legal. I know that some of them are not feasible for your average illegal alien from Mexico and other Latin countries, but it isn't the job of America to save the rest of the world.

If anything, people from Mexico can blame their government for where they are at. They can't get their shit straight, causing people to illegally migrate to the US, when if they were actually able to provide for their people they wouldn't have that problem and wouldn't have a reason to illegally migrate here.

There are a lot of external factors that go into the immigration rates (If Mexico is doing well the net immigration is down and if the US is doing well the net immigration is up)

But my point is that a country so found on immigration as the US is we need to update our immigration policies...among other things that need to be rewritten so they fit into the 21st century

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@perfect_blue said:
@jhonMalcovich said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:

Why the US all the time? The US is such a rotten country (so many problems). Why not immigrate to other countries such as Spain, Japan, New Zealand, Canada, etc?

If I was immigrating from Mexico, I'd skip the US and make a beeline for Canada...especially if I knew they'd be more welcoming to me.

Canada also discriminates against people with handicaps (mentally or physically) from immigrating here.

We aren't really hypocritical though. Our legal immigration is strict but we are very open to refugees.

Well...not really. Only women with children and families are allowed as the security concerns come first.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-refugee-plan-women-children-families-1.3330185

And from what I heard the number was reduced from 100k to 25k far far less from Europe's numbers, which is not inherently bad because refugees business is literally about charity, it's the money we will never recover. Furthermore, you know who are not thrilled about accepting refugees in Canada ? Natives. They believe Canada has not settled all the accounts with them first and waists money on refugees, while still having Natives living in poor conditions.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@R3FURBISHED: We could use some changes, but until those changes come, we need to follow the current laws. So-called sanctuary cities may give those who are for immigration reform a warm and fuzzy, but it is still illegal.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jun_aka_pekto
@R3FURBISHED said:

But my point is that a country so found on immigration as the US is we need to update our immigration policies...among other things that need to be rewritten so they fit into the 21st century

Which parts need to be overhauled besides the non-refundable chunk of change required whether the immigrant is approved or not?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

Which parts need to be overhauled besides the non-refundable chunk of change required whether the immigrant is approved or not?

I mentioned one thing in my original post. Change the amount of people allowed in annually from each country by basing it on population as opposed to having the same number for each country. Greenland should not have the same number open spots each year as Mexico or India.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@ad1x2 said:

@R3FURBISHED: We could use some changes, but until those changes come, we need to follow the current laws. So-called sanctuary cities may give those who are for immigration reform a warm and fuzzy, but it is still illegal.

States rights for the left, I guess.

I don't know enough about this issue to offer anything of actual substance (big surprise I know :P) just that we've had sanctuary ordinances have been around since the '80s and in that time the cities themselves haven't become any less safe due in part to the illegal populations in those cities.

____

It is a complicated issue. One thing I wonder is how often states have laws that are, in part or in whole, going against federal laws. Marijuana laws come to my mind -- it is illegal to own/possess marijuana according to the federal government but numerous states allow it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

why waste money on legal immigration when we can get illegal immigrants for free?

I know it sounds like we are going into "conspiracy theory" territory, but there's a reason the wait list for low-skill immigrants (read: field hands) is so long, and that's because we don't want to waste money on them when they are coming here anyway and working for peanuts.

Rich politicians get to reap huge profits from big production yields in their territories if they're, say, agricultural areas; and then they get to talk about immigration issues because conservative white American farmers are hypocritical idiots that think the illegal Mexican working for almost-free for them is a problem. It's a win-win politically and economically.

And that's how the world really works.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

It's funny that a video game called Tropico 5 has better immigration controls than actual real life Immigration control the former lets you prioritize what you need.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@darklight4 said:

It's funny that a video game called Tropico 5 has better immigration controls than actual real life Immigration control the former lets you prioritize what you need.

US immigration laws do have requirements as to skills. Why do you think that the tech industry is full of immigrants (as seen with many of the tech giants speaking out against the temporary travel restrictions)? There are also many doctors who are immigrants. US residents are not entering certain fields which creates a demand that needs filling. The poor living in shacks from Sinaloa do not have the skills that are wanted or needed in the US.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@WhiteKnight77: the poor from Sinaloa do have the skills, who you think picks tomatoes, lettuces and oranges in the fields of Cali ?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 WhiteKnight77

@raugutcon said:

@WhiteKnight77: the poor from Sinaloa do have the skills, who you think picks tomatoes, lettuces and oranges in the fields of Cali ?

Drug cartels are from that area too. Do they have skills needed for tech or medical areas? When referring to skilled labor, one is talking a profession that takes more training than the direction of pick this from that plant.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By raugutcon

@WhiteKnight77: nope, the cartels have the skills to provide for every pothead junkie in America with the drugs they want.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#72 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Why would you go to Canada? or Spain, New Zealand, Japan? particular Japan has one of the hardest cultures to come into as a foreigner. Particular if you are a progressive.

But you are wrong when you say US is a rotten country, it may have it´s fault and i may be a bit bias, but when it comes to countries US ranks above most. If you are not afraid of hard work and have a good education there is no other country in the world i would want to be in.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 WhiteKnight77

@Jacanuk said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:

Why would you go to Canada? or Spain, New Zealand, Japan? particular Japan has one of the hardest cultures to come into as a foreigner. Particular if you are a progressive.

But you are wrong when you say US is a rotten country, it may have it´s fault and i may be a bit bias, but when it comes to countries US ranks above most. If you are not afraid of hard work and have a good education there is no other country in the world i would want to be in.

I can't speak for him, but I believe he was referring to how the world does look at the US, at least right now. If people think so low of the US, particularly now, why come here anyway?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Jacanuk

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:

I can't speak for him, but I believe he was referring to how the world does look at the US, at least right now. If people think so low of the US, particularly now, why come here anyway?

Ya i see that, why would you go to a country you hate. But the hypocrisy is real because people still immigrate and move to the us and a lot of poor people in the 3rd world would give their right arm to be allowed entry.

Us is still despite Trump the land of opportunity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#75 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I'm all for a better immigration system, but I don't think its fair for some people to just come and stay here illegally because "it would take too long otherwise". There are tons of people from other nations that want to come to the united states as well. I have relatives who are going about it the right way. Why should they have to wait when someone else can just jump the line?

There are also many valid reasons why you can't simply have open borders.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By raugutcon

@Jacanuk: it is the land of opportunity, my wife's brother in law got to the US from a shit town not far from where I live poor and uneducated, he started by hand washing cars and now owns a car washing business with several employees, makes really good money and actually makes more than I do and I'm a college graduate with two masters and a PhD.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 WhiteKnight77

@sonicare said:

I'm all for a better immigration system, but I don't think its fair for some people to just come and stay here illegally because "it would take too long otherwise". There are tons of people from other nations that want to come to the united states as well. I have relatives who are going about it the right way. Why should they have to wait when someone else can just jump the line?

There are also many valid reasons why you can't simply have open borders.

You will not get any arguments from me on this. Those who have the skills as well as immediate family of said individuals should be able to get here a bit easier, but as far as extended family, I am not so sure. Many immigrants or potential immigrants have expressed frustration that people come here and expect much when they have to spend money and time to do it the right way. They want to know why they have to wait.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Jacanuk

@raugutcon said:

@Jacanuk: it is the land of opportunity, my wife's brother in law got to the US from a shit town not far from where I live poor and uneducated, he started by hand washing cars and now owns a car washing business with several employees, makes really good money and actually makes more than I do and I'm a college graduate with two masters and a PhD.

Exactly and that's why so many people wants to go to America. Despite everything europe, Asia, Canada and Oceania has to offer, they do not offer nearly the same chance to go from poor to rich.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@raugutcon said:

Same with my Dad, he started as a lowly mechanic, then he got into Floor installing as well as my Uncle, who worked as an apprentice butcher at a local shop. My Uncle successfully opened up a Business installing all types of flooring, Granite Counter-Tops, and Cabinets, got out of the shit part of Englewood in Chicago and lives in a huge house in Naperville IL. My dad also does well as a contractor and prefers his simple life more, but now moving to a much bigger home.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@Jacanuk said:

If it's just me, I'm perfectly fine with my lot in life here and I'm grateful for that.

In the past when I first rejoined GS, posters here painted a rosy picture of many countries, especially when we still had the old cliques and trolling the US was in fashion. C'mon, all that crap occurred a few short years ago.

I'm fine with immigrants, even the decent illegal ones who are already here. What I don't like are the liars who managed to beat the system and get here. For example, there is one of my wife's new acquaintances who is also from the Philippines. She once boasted that she took part in anti-US demonstrations with a group of Maoists (no, not the Indian Communist Party) as a student. She had to have lied during her interview and I'm half-tempted to rat her out to Homeland Security.

dante1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By dante1972
Member since 2004 • 934 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto: if you come here illegally unlike the us we won't protect you and deport your ass. You are also entitled to nothing........ one again unlike the us we don't spend money on squatters.

On a separate note. Most Americans and especially those from the south would not last up here. Can't handle the cold and are fat and lazy.

I have to say I love the millennial generation. No one wants to hire them because they are all snowflake safe space bitches that would not last 10 min in a boardroom. We just fired a US engineer who was useless.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@dante1972 said:

@jun_aka_pekto: if you come here illegally unlike the us we won't protect you and deport your as. You are also entitled to nothing........ one again unlike the us we don't spend money on squatters.

The #NoNosVamos protest was the stupidest protest ever made, it caused more illegals to get deported than saving them! LOL! Also saw how BLM and 3rd Wave Feminist also tried to make it about them instead.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@dante1972 said:

@jun_aka_pekto: if you come here illegally unlike the us we won't protect you and deport your ass. You are also entitled to nothing........ one again unlike the us we don't spend money on squatters.

On a separate note. Most Americans and especially those from the south would not last up here. Can't handle the cold and are fat and lazy.

I have to say I love the millennial generation. No one wants to hire them because they are all snowflake safe space bitches that would not last 10 min in a boardroom. We just fired a US engineer who was useless.

I loved the weather up there. I spent a lot of time at alpine areas. If I had my choice, we'd still be living in northern New York. But, the wife had had enough after six winters.

Where I lived in New York, the average yearly snowfall is around 134" (340 cm) per year because we were directly downwind from Lake Ontario. That's more than the average yearly snow totals for most Canadian cities.

I also visit Japan from time to time. I spent a total of say, two years at Aomori. There is also a lake-effect pattern there every winter. Yearly snow totals were something like 240" (607 cm) per year where I was. But, reading around, the city itself gets 312" (793 cm) of snow a year.

Lake Effect snow has become a sort of specialty for me.

Oh. Anyone can adapt to frigid Artic weather. My wife has relatives who immigrated from the Philippines. They live at Fairbanks, Alaska and loving it. It took a while before they were comfortable driving on snow. But, they managed.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 WhiteKnight77

@dante1972 said:

I have to wonder why Canadian companies have to hire US companies to come in and do a specific job. Is it because Canadians haven't learned how to do it? What I did observe is that the ones who were supposed to be doing the work would start down from where they were 10 minutes before break started, take their 15 minute break, then come back 10 minutes late. Lunch was similar. They all left early and came back late. The people from the US were only supposed to teach the Canadians how to use the machines and then run said machines 24/7 until the job was done, but when they all leave at the same time instead of staggering their breaks and lunches to keep the machines running had the guys from the States doing their job. smh

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Jacanuk

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Jacanuk said:

If it's just me, I'm perfectly fine with my lot in life here and I'm grateful for that.

In the past when I first rejoined GS, posters here painted a rosy picture of many countries, especially when we still had the old cliques and trolling the US was in fashion. C'mon, all that crap occurred a few short years ago.

I'm fine with immigrants, even the decent illegal ones who are already here. What I don't like are the liars who managed to beat the system and get here. For example, there is one of my wife's new acquaintances who is also from the Philippines. She once boasted that she took part in anti-US demonstrations with a group of Maoists (no, not the Indian Communist Party) as a student. She had to have lied during her interview and I'm half-tempted to rat her out to Homeland Security.

Young people tend to do stupid things, but if she is still proud of it i would ask her if she doesn´t feel a bit stupid now living in the same place she "hate" But def. repot her ass :)

And i am like you fine with immigrants as long as they come into us legally and not try to shit on the laws of the nation by illegally gaining entry.

I remember and we still see the us hate but it's funny when you think about how much the US has a influence on gamers , it's like hating on Coca Cola while sitting with a coke in your hand and listening to Born in the US with Brucie.

Dinosaur_Teeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Dinosaur_Teeth
Member since 2015 • 570 Posts

@iandizion713: I proposed that very idea to a Mexican Immigrant whom I work with, his reply: "I think that is a good idea... The System here is much better than Mexico..." LMAO, when you're right, you're Right...

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#87 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@dinosaur_teeth: Thats pretty funny.