Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:

So you bring out 1? lol you are funny.

Also, it´s funny that you find someone who is as oblivious as you as to the concept "Rule of Law" Not to mention that you bring out tweets from random people who have no legal experience.

But I admire your attempt, even though it was a bad one,.

That's actually seven different legal scholars. Reading comprehension, get some. Again, they are legal scholars, not random people without legal experience. Several of them mention that pardoning yourself would violate the rule of law. Troll harder, Jac.

If you actually read what you posted, several of them are tweets.

Also nice misuse of the "Rule of Law" Again I have to question if you really understand what it is.

But let me take one that cuts it out in stone, so even you may actually understand it.

""Since the question of presidential self-pardons turns on a constitutional provision – the president's pardon power – where there is no judicial precedent that answers the question, I think it is wise to simply take the text of the Constitution at face value," Silverglate told CNBC in an email. "The president is given the unequivocal power to pardon. ("[He] shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment" – Article II, Section 2.) There is no expressed limitation governing whom the president may or may not pardon. Therefore it seems quite clear to me that the President may pardon himself.""

And if you look at the 11 legal "experts" the majority all say that he can.

That one highlighted word says no to your escape close for the guilty.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

So if this is the case, would it be safe to assume that the ones saying he could pardon himself would have little issue with him committing a serious and potential violent crime and then go " I hereby pardon myself, lol"?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I love how bad Trump messes with the liberals. They pretty much have meltdowns in every thread.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:

So you bring out 1? lol you are funny.

Also, it´s funny that you find someone who is as oblivious as you as to the concept "Rule of Law" Not to mention that you bring out tweets from random people who have no legal experience.

But I admire your attempt, even though it was a bad one,.

That's actually seven different legal scholars. Reading comprehension, get some. Again, they are legal scholars, not random people without legal experience. Several of them mention that pardoning yourself would violate the rule of law. Troll harder, Jac.

If you actually read what you posted, several of them are tweets.

Also nice misuse of the "Rule of Law" Again I have to question if you really understand what it is.

But let me take one that cuts it out in stone, so even you may actually understand it.

""Since the question of presidential self-pardons turns on a constitutional provision – the president's pardon power – where there is no judicial precedent that answers the question, I think it is wise to simply take the text of the Constitution at face value," Silverglate told CNBC in an email. "The president is given the unequivocal power to pardon. ("[He] shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment" – Article II, Section 2.) There is no expressed limitation governing whom the president may or may not pardon. Therefore it seems quite clear to me that the President may pardon himself.""

And if you look at the 11 legal "experts" the majority all say that he can.

That one highlighted word says no to your escape close for the guilty.

Thinking about the same thing. TThough I guess some will argue he can grant it to himself.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#105 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Treflis said:

So if this is the case, would it be safe to assume that the ones saying he could pardon himself would have little issue with him committing a serious and potential violent crime and then go " I hereby pardon myself, lol"?

Considering that most also say that even though there is the power, it would be unwise and lead to an impeachment, I think it´s safe to say they do not think he can commit a serious crime as the president and go free.

Also, a few say that it would properly not be upheld by the supreme court.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@Treflis said:

Considering that most also say that even though there is the power, it would be unwise and lead to an impeachment, I think it´s safe to say they do not think he can commit a serious crime as the president and go free.

This makes me wonder at what point the GOP would be forced to impeach trump. Maybe if he starts going on a violent killing spree.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@Treflis said:

But Bill Clinton no problem

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#108 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Treflis said:

Eh?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Treflis said:

Eh?

yeah that is exactly what I thought.

predictable answer

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#110 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Why do we have to hear about Trump everyday. Shouldn't he be competing in the the universes biggest douche competition somewhere?