So what can conservatives look forward to once RBG is replaced?

• 137 results
vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Skarwolf: That's not nice. Especially since WE is already killing his career.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 horgen
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

Which SC decisions does conservatives wants to change?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#53 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I'd be surprised if John Roberts lets Roe vs. Wade go down in flames. He's voted in support of LGBTQ rights, DACA, and the health care act. I think Roberts at least tries to judicate based on the law as opposed to diehard political loyalties.

I doubt that a supreme court justice can be confirmed in 6 weeks, so likely it will be after the election. The republican, MItch - i look like a frog - McConnel already set a precedent when he delayed for 9 months to prevent Obama from naming a judge.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#54  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

This is gonna rally trumps base. I dont think the liberals are strong on causes they once were. All they seem to care about is anti trump. Proof, they abandon the cause candidate for the anti trump one. I dont even know if they have many causes anymore, trump has managed to distract them from all of them.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 horgen

@sonicare said:

I'd be surprised if John Roberts lets Roe vs. Wade go down in flames. He's voted in support of LGBTQ rights, DACA, and the health care act. I think Roberts at least tries to judicate based on the law as opposed to diehard political loyalties.

I doubt that a supreme court justice can be confirmed in 6 weeks, so likely it will be after the election. The republican, MItch - i look like a frog - McConnel already set a precedent when he delayed for 9 months to prevent Obama from naming a judge.

Isn't the fastest one gone through in something like 19 days? Ginsburg herself took 43 days I think.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#56  Edited By Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

@jeezers: he would be in jail were it any other country.

Illegal campaign donations

Using taxpayer money for vacation to donors country

Intimidated and fired attorney general for not dropping charges against a corrupt company

Most recently used a charity to pay his family massive amounts if money from taxpayers

Constantly virtue signalling criticizing Canadians about racism meanwhile hes been videotaped and photographed in BLACKFACE like 4x !!!

Fucked one of his underage students fired as a teacher.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@Skarwolf: wow yeah that sounds really bad, hope you guys up north find someone better, are there any names comming up that would be a good replacement? I'll be honest i dont keep up with yalls politics often, the politics in the US are stressful enough.

Maybe you guys can find your own Trump, alot of people hate Trump on these forums but I like him, best president in my lifetime, isnt Kevin O Leary a canadian? I like that guy, maybe get him in there

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Skarwolf

@jeezers: kevin oleary got all his money by overstating the value of his product. Kinda pathetic how he treated people on dragons den given he was just like them. Guess he can tell a bullshitter since he is one.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@jeezers said:

@Skarwolf:

Maybe you guys can find your own Trump, alot of people hate Trump on these forums but I like him,

He has some of the lowest average term approval ratings in history. It's not just this forum.

@jeezers said:

best president in my lifetime,

Were you asleep during 2020?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58322 Posts

If they pick a constitutionalist or a religious fundamentalists, we are going back in time about 80 years. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee.

@eoten said:

Yeah man, the whole sky is falling, blacks will be back into chains, women won't be allowed to leave the home unless grocery shopping, and poor people will starve to death. Good grief.

Don't forget that dogs will meow and cats will bark.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58322 Posts
@tenaka2 said:

The republicans should replace here, politically it is the right thing to do, morally its questionable but democrats would do the same.

Besides, the democratic protest voters who gave the presidency to trump should reap what they have sown. I am just thankful that I don't live in the US

They really shouldn't.

If he waits until after he wins, he gains some classy points for being diplomatic and saying "let's wait". If he loses, well, I don't think he will really give a shit.

Trump doesn't care about politics or the future of this country, I doubt he has any legitimate interest in appointing justices. He just wants to look powerful.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Skarwolf

I think what all the stupid sheeple need to realize is that Trump is a politician. What do they do ? Lie. They lie & cater to their voter demographic.

If it were the left who loved Trump he’d be sporting a rainbow colored suit & condemning the alt right.

Politicians don’t really care about you. If you think they do you’re part of the problem. It doesn’t matter whose in charge.

The whole MAGA thing is hilarious triggering mentally unhinged people. The slogan was created by Roger Stone who helped Reagan win in the 80s. Reagan said it all the time.

Guess who elses campaign Roger Stone managed. George Bush Sr. And what slogan did he use...? MAGA.

The main problem in todays world is not China, Trump or Covid. The main problem,

Media

The release edited videos biased opinions to suit their narrative. This leads to unrest and arguments between people.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#63 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

I remember the doom and gloom messaging when Anthony Kennedy stepped down, and the further doom and gloom when Judge Kavanaugh was selected.

Yet here we are in 2020, and to the surprise of progressives, the Supreme Court this year rejected Trump's absolute immunity in a 7-2 decision with respect to his taxes/documents. In a 6-3 ruling, the Supreme Court extended the 1964 Civil Rights Act to protect LGBTQ employees from discrimination at work. Or the 9-0 decision that mandates an appointed elector to cast his/her presidential ballots in the electoral college for the person who won the most popular vote in their respective state. Granted, the 5-4 ruling in McGirt vs. Oklahoma surprised me the most. Still wondering the repercussions of what that will entail in the future.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

@Skarwolf said:

I think what all the stupid sheeple need to realize is that Trump is a politician. What do they do ? Lie. They lie & cater to their voter demographic.

If it were the left who loved Trump he’d be sporting a rainbow colored suit & condemning the alt right.

Politicians don’t really care about you. If you think they do you’re part of the problem. It doesn’t matter whose in charge.

The whole MAGA thing is hilarious triggering mentally unhinged people. The slogan was created by Roger Stone who helped Reagan win in the 80s. Reagan said it all the time.

Guess who elses campaign Roger Stone managed. George Bush Sr. And what slogan did he use...? MAGA.

The main problem in todays world is not China, Trump or Covid. The main problem,

Media

The release edited videos biased opinions to suit their narrative. This leads to unrest and arguments between people.

You laid out a really good argument for politicians being a problem and then claimed that new outlets are the real problem. It's just a weird bit of logic in my opinion.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#65 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@Skarwolf said:

Media

You laid out a really good argument for politicians being a problem and then claimed that new outlets are the real problem. It's just a weird bit of logic in my opinion.

Not really. The media has more influence over national elections than any other force on the planet. People will be less likely to vote for someone they've never heard of and those they hear of they hear about from the media. Who runs all the national debates and never invites a third party? Who 24/7 smears any outsider that comes into their closed system?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

@eoten said:

Not really. The media has more influence over national elections than any other force on the planet. People will be less likely to vote for someone they've never heard of and those they hear of they hear about from the media. Who runs all the national debates and never invites a third party? Who 24/7 smears any outsider that comes into their closed system?

Fox news has the most viewers the 'Mainstream Media' thing is wearing a bit thin when right wing fox news hosts trump daily.

I guess this is where you say proper right wingers dont watch fox?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 horgen

@Stevo_the_gamer: It hasn't been 4 years yet. Kavanaugh gonna be there for another 30 years maybe. Lots of time.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Eoten

@horgen said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: It hasn't been 4 years yet. Kavanaugh gonna be there for another 30 years maybe. Lots of time.

No, Trump didn't pick out the hard right ideologues that the media has been screaming that he has. He focused on people who judge by the letter of the constitution, and written law. That has even lead to some rulings against Trump as well. So there is no reason to think he's suddenly going to pick someone unreasonable this time around.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

@eoten said:
@horgen said:

No, Trump didn't pick out the hard right ideologues that the media has been screaming that he has. He focused on people who judge by the letter of the constitution, and written law. That has even lead to some rulings against Trump as well. So there is no reason to think he's suddenly going to pick someone unreasonable this time around.

It is so cute that you think trump picks people for anything, you are like a little puppy that believes trump puts thoughts into anything.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@eoten said:
@horgen said:

He's basically appointing anti abortion justices FYI.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@horgen said:

Really? That's your big fear?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

Ah a straw man enters the chat. I expressed ZERO opinion nor any feelings. I stated trump's goal and it wasn't anyone to uphold the Constitution something he ignores daily. He also breaks the law so that isn't important to him either.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Watch_My_6
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

Lmao, this thread.

I've never seen someone so bitter.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Zaryia

@Watch_My_6 said:

Lmao, this thread.

Yup, Eoten has lost his mind lol.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Zaryia
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@horgen said:

I mean...you're acting like he's alone.

Poll: 77 percent say Supreme Court should uphold Roe v. Wade

And your opinions are nice, but these are right leaning judges who prefer right wing ideas (as shown in their subjective rulings) which is why right wing politicians appoint them. It's purely partisan politics.

I mean c'mon, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideological_leanings_of_United_States_Supreme_Court_justices

"Researchers have carefully analyzed the judicial rulings of the Supreme Court—the votes and written opinions of the justices—as well as their upbringing, their political party affiliation, their speeches, editorials written about them at the time of their Senate confirmation, and the political climate in which they are appointed, confirmed, and work.[3] From this data, scholars have inferred the ideological leanings of each justice and how the justices are likely to vote on upcoming cases.[4]"

New to politics?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

@Watch_My_6 said:

Lmao, this thread.

Sorry that I'm upset about this situation, but when you see your hopes for the future go down the drain for literal decades it's pretty legitimate to be upset about it. That said, I'm doing my best to face the reality of the situation and discuss the possibilities rather than hold onto hope that some miracle will happen and a 6-3 conservative majority on the scotus will somehow be avoided.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7272 Posts

@eoten said:
@horgen said:
@eoten said:

Yeah, and paying for services actually tailored to the individual, from a provider that offers the plan they want, and has to compete with other providers, driving down costs and improving quality. One-size-fits-all policies that don't even take into considerations the basics of gender, forcing the entire population to pay for it, and eliminating all competition within the system to essentially monopolize the market is the kind of damage Obamacare caused that has skyrocketed insurance costs.

With private healthcare, you actually have a choice who to buy from, or whether or not to buy into it at all. It's entirely the choice of the consumer, and nobody is going to put a gun to their head, demand they empty their pockets "or else" and expect you to thank them if they toss you a mediocre at best plan in exchange.

You have a choice? How many insurance providers do you got, or can choose between? How often do you have to fight with insurance to get covered? How about increased premiums after actually needing what an insurance provides? And say you actually need to ride an ambulance, a choice which might not be in your hands when the need arises, any chance it might not be in network and not covered by your insurance? Same for the doctor in the hospital?

Given what insurance is supposed to cover, does it really matter who or what provides it? It's only there to make sure you don't have to pay the whole cost upfront.

Prior to Obamacare which put most of them out of business, in the state I am in, about a half dozen or more. Why? But that ended about a decade ago. Insurers were forced to abide by ridiculous rules and regulations, and could not. For example, forcing men to pay for healthcare plans that include maternity services.

And yeah, it matters who provides it. When one entity controls an entire industry, be it government or corporation, prices go up, quality goes down, waste and fraud runs rampant. There is no longer competition to drive prices down. To use a metaphor that people on these boards could understand better. What if you didn't have a choice between Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft for your gaming console, but only one of them? Do you think you'd be getting anything at $499? Of course not.

So yeah, it absolutely does matter. When providers compete in any industry, consumers win.

If Obamacare is the problem, we would expect to see a spike in prices. But costs were outpacing inflation before the ACA. It's been increasing pretty steadily for a long time.

Notice that spike after 2010? No? Huh, weird.

After the bill passed, Joe Biden said something like, "Now everything wrong with our healthcare system is going to be our fault". Nailed it on the head with that statement. Obamacare didn't, and couldn't solve all of our problems. It was a step toward getting more people covered. There is a lot more that needs to be done, and Democrats and Republicans need to work together to make it happen. Private insurance companies aren't going to fix this themselves, they make a lot of money of our system the way it is. A big, bloated, expensive, convoluted, clusterfuck.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

Healthcare will never be the competitive, laissez-faire system that conservatives want it to be. It's an extremely complex system with multiple unchosen providers per incident with little to no transparency and usually no option to shop around.

Those who continue to bleat the "get the government out of it so it's a free market" horn don't understand how it works.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Eoten

@mattbbpl said:

Healthcare will never be the competitive, laissez-faire system that conservatives want it to be. It's an extremely complex system with multiple unchosen providers per incident with little to no transparency and usually no option to shop around.

Those who continue to bleat the "get the government out of it so it's a free market" horn don't understand how it works.

Okay, then explain how it works.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By mattbbpl

@eoten: What do you want to know? There are tomes written this subject, and I've written dozens of pages worth on the topic on this site alone, so narrow down an initial topic of interest. Perhaps the inability to research and choose providers?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

@judaspete: notice how he completely ignored your post? They do that a lot when theyre often caught out on their BS. Deny, bury the head in the sand and continue to swim in their cesspool of ignorance.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4367 Posts

@netracing said:

@judaspete: notice how he completely ignored your post? They do that a lot when theyre often caught out on their BS. Deny, bury the head in the sand and continue to swim in their cesspool of ignorance.

yep or go off in tangent rants that have no barring on talk

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Eoten

Because his article was cherry picked bullcrap from a political pundit.

Even ABC News admitted Obamacare was causing a massive increase in the cost of premiums https://abcnews.go.com/Health/health-care-premiums-rising-obamacare/story?id=43047190

CNN even admitted that no, it's not affordable for the middle class due to rising premiums and deductibles. https://money.cnn.com/2016/11/04/news/economy/obamacare-affordable/index.html

That cherry picked chart from Bloomberg above only cherry picked employer covered insurance, and only premiums, making no mention of skyrocketing deductibles. If you do not understand what deductibles are, as this is almost always ignored by Obamacare zealots, it's the amount of money you have to pay yourself before health insurance covers so much as a dime. With the ACA's bronze plan having a deductible of $5,000, that means you would have to pay $5,000 yourself every single year before ACA would do anything for you. That breaks down to over $400 a month while prior to ACA you could get many plans with very low, or even no deductibles at all.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Zaryia

@judaspete said:
@eoten said:
@horgen said:
@eoten said:

Yeah, and paying for services actually tailored to the individual, from a provider that offers the plan they want, and has to compete with other providers, driving down costs and improving quality. One-size-fits-all policies that don't even take into considerations the basics of gender, forcing the entire population to pay for it, and eliminating all competition within the system to essentially monopolize the market is the kind of damage Obamacare caused that has skyrocketed insurance costs.

With private healthcare, you actually have a choice who to buy from, or whether or not to buy into it at all. It's entirely the choice of the consumer, and nobody is going to put a gun to their head, demand they empty their pockets "or else" and expect you to thank them if they toss you a mediocre at best plan in exchange.

You have a choice? How many insurance providers do you got, or can choose between? How often do you have to fight with insurance to get covered? How about increased premiums after actually needing what an insurance provides? And say you actually need to ride an ambulance, a choice which might not be in your hands when the need arises, any chance it might not be in network and not covered by your insurance? Same for the doctor in the hospital?

Given what insurance is supposed to cover, does it really matter who or what provides it? It's only there to make sure you don't have to pay the whole cost upfront.

Prior to Obamacare which put most of them out of business, in the state I am in, about a half dozen or more. Why? But that ended about a decade ago. Insurers were forced to abide by ridiculous rules and regulations, and could not. For example, forcing men to pay for healthcare plans that include maternity services.

And yeah, it matters who provides it. When one entity controls an entire industry, be it government or corporation, prices go up, quality goes down, waste and fraud runs rampant. There is no longer competition to drive prices down. To use a metaphor that people on these boards could understand better. What if you didn't have a choice between Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft for your gaming console, but only one of them? Do you think you'd be getting anything at $499? Of course not.

So yeah, it absolutely does matter. When providers compete in any industry, consumers win.

If Obamacare is the problem, we would expect to see a spike in prices. But costs were outpacing inflation before the ACA. It's been increasing pretty steadily for a long time.

Notice that spike after 2010? No? Huh, weird.

After the bill passed, Joe Biden said something like, "Now everything wrong with our healthcare system is going to be our fault". Nailed it on the head with that statement. Obamacare didn't, and couldn't solve all of our problems. It was a step toward getting more people covered. There is a lot more that needs to be done, and Democrats and Republicans need to work together to make it happen. Private insurance companies aren't going to fix this themselves, they make a lot of money of our system the way it is. A big, bloated, expensive, convoluted, clusterfuck.

Eoten is easily and often proven incorrect.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7272 Posts

@zaryia: I don't mean to disparage Eoten here. I've been proven wrong in a few of our exchanges. And Eoten does actually cite sources to back up their oppinions. Disagree with most of said oppinions, but can at least understand the thought process.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 horgen

Any truth to this?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#87 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@horgen: Looks like the propaganda I'd expect to see on Facebook.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Eoten

@horgen said:

Any truth to this?

Not even a little. Also, separation of church and state doesn't appear anywhere in the US constitution.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

@eoten said:
@horgen said:

Any truth to this?

Not even a little. Also, separation of church and state doesn't appear anywhere in the US constitution.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

-First Amendment

Pretty much Secularism in a nutshell.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mattbbpl

@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:
@horgen said:

Any truth to this?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

-First Amendment

You used to see this argument all the time in the conservative blogosphere, essentially stating that since the literal phrase "separation of church and state" isn't in the constitution the principle isn't either. It's the Ctrl+F method of argumentation.

But I haven't seen it in a looooong time, and I'm surprised to see it surface again here. Here's an example from back in 2011.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Eoten

@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:
@horgen said:

Any truth to this?

-First Amendment

Boy has a problem with reading comprehension. It says CONGRESS shall make no law establishing a religion. It doesn't say congress cannot use religion as a basis for their actions, nor does it say the states cannot establish an official religion of their choosing

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 jeezers

I'm most looking forward to a supreme court that will vote in favor of preserving the 2A. Which was the one issue RGB always voted in favor of the left. RGB hated the 2A, I want somene in there who will make stand your ground nationwide, no magazine capacity restrictions, no red flag laws, no accessory bans, id love to see trumps stupid bump stock ban get reversed by his newly appointed justice. I have a feeling trump wouldnt care if that happened lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

@jeezers: So you just want anybody to be fully armed with no checks? That couldn’t backfire.

@eoten: Are you serious? It literally says exactly that.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 horgen

@eoten said:

Boy has a problem with reading comprehension. It says CONGRESS shall make no law establishing a religion. It doesn't say congress cannot use religion as a basis for their actions, nor does it say the states cannot establish an official religion of their choosing

How self aware are you?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/first_amendment

Freedom of Religion

Two clauses in the First Amendment guarantee freedom of religion. The Establishment Clause prohibits the government from passing legislation to establish an official religion or preferring one religion over another. It enforces the "separation of church and state."

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Maroxad

@eoten said:
@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:
@horgen said:

Any truth to this?

-First Amendment

Stop being so literal.

Just because it literally isnt in the text doesnt mean the idea of it isnt in the constitution.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Maroxad: It literally is though

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Maroxad

@thegreatchomp said:

@Maroxad: It literally is though

It is pretty clear that there is a strong separation of church and state. But you wont find "Separation of Church and State" with ctrl-F.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

It's not going to be the end of the world. Take a deep breath. It will be ok. Roe v Wade can be overturned, and most states will still have legal abortion. It sucks for the poor people living in the south, but for the most part, people will just have to take a day trip and pay more. I don't actually think it gets overturned, anyway.

The supreme court isn't going to prevent us from ever getting universal healthcare. Congress might do that, but the anti-Trump sentiment is actually making it fairly likely that the democrats control the House, Senate, and Presidency. They just need to get the moderate dems onboard, eliminate the filibuster, and push it through.

If the court proves itself to be a legitimate problem, the constitution allows for adding extra justices to compensate. That isn't ideal, and would likely cause more problems than it solves, but it is an option that exists and hopefully keeps the court acting in good faith.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 jeezers

@thegreatchomp: still cool with no felons, but I think even then, if the crime they commited was non violent they should be able to earn back thier gun rights after an extended period of time of good behavior and staying out of trouble.

I didnt say absolutely no checks, I mentioned specifically the things I wanted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@jeezers: I read what you said, you didn’t say any of that. Just things like no bump stocks, magazine restrictions or red flag laws.

@Maroxad: No need, it is pretty clearly implied. Doesn’t need to be there by word to be there.