Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@sargentd said:
@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:

This to me is outrage bait, insignificant, a distraction. .

Exactly, why are the GOP being outrage at such ridiculous things and going through the trouble of making these laws?

Same for there insane books bans, college class bans, and weird ass college takeovers. What the fucking shit is all of this nonsense?

It doesn't matter

If it doesn't matter why make these stupid laws in the first place. 🤣😂

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@sargentd said:

It doesn't matter if elementary school teachers don't teach puberty to other people's kids. Not the roll of school anyway. Let the families decided how to talk about periods and boners to their little kids.

If your so mad go protest and demand that elementary schools teach little kids about periods you weirdo. I won't stop ya. but I'll laugh at ya

Ah so you're against sex education in school as well. Not surprising when a trump supporter is anti education.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8278 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

It doesn't matter if elementary school teachers don't teach puberty to other people's kids. Not the roll of school anyway. Let the families decided how to talk about periods and boners to their little kids.

If your so mad go protest and demand that elementary schools teach little kids about periods you weirdo. I won't stop ya. but I'll laugh at ya

Ah so you're against sex education in school as well. Not surprising when a trump supporter is anti education.

Spoken like a true democrat wanting the state to take care of your kids for you.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Spoken like a true democrat wanting the state to take care of your kids for you.

Are you homeschooling your children or do you expect the state to take care your kids for you?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Are you homeschooling your children or do you expect the state to take care your kids for you?

I'm sorry you need the state to teach your kids about periods because you can't.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm sorry you need the state to teach your kids about periods because you can't.

I see you ignored the question. Guess we know who they hypocrite is.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Stop depending on the state to raise your kids.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I'll ask again, are you depending on the state to raise your kids or are you homeschooling them? Yes or no question.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SargentD
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I'll ask again, are you depending on the state to raise your kids or are you homeschooling them? Yes or no question.

School is for basic arithmetic, writing and math, these are elementary school kids. Elementary school is not there to explain periods and menstrual cycles to your kids. To pretend it's the job of the state to teach these kids this is absurd. Talk to your kids about periods but stop expecting the state to have those conversations for you.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

School is for basic arithmetic, writing and math, these are elementary school kids. Elementary school is not there to explain periods and menstrual cycles to your kids. To pretend it's the job of the state to teach these kids this is absurd. Talk to your kids about periods but stop expecting the state to have those conversations for you.

So you ARE depending on the state to raise your kids.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

So you ARE depending on the state to raise your kids.

On a scale of 1-10

How upset are you that the state won't be teaching elementary school kids about menstrual cycles lol

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17863 Posts
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

School is for basic arithmetic, writing and math

And biology. And social studies. And History. And economics. And government. And literature. And the observational sciences. And fitness and health.

What school of stupid did you attend?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SargentD

@br0kenrabbit said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

School is for basic arithmetic, writing and math

And biology. And social studies. And History. And economics. And government. And literature. And the observational sciences. And fitness and health.

What school of stupid did you attend?

I'll ask you then dingus.

On a scale of 1-10

How upset are you that the state won't be teaching elementary school kids about menstrual cycles

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By br0kenrabbit
@sargentd said:

On a scale of 1-10

How upset are you that the state won't be teaching elementary school kids about menstrual cycles

How about 8? Not only is it harmful to girls, it is an example of politics invading basic education. As you're so often fond of saying, "It's a slippery slope..."

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

On a scale of 1-10

How upset are you that the state won't be teaching elementary school kids about menstrual cycles lol

I find any loss of education to be problematic. I also don't agree with targeting young girls which this does.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SargentD

@br0kenrabbit said:
@sargentd said:

On a scale of 1-10

How about 8? Not only is it harmful to girls, it is an example of politics invading basic education. As you're so often fond of saying, "It's a slippery slope..."

8 interesting

You going to protest?

I got an idea for a sign " WE DEMAND YOU TEACH 8 YEAR OLDS ABOUT PERIODS"

has a nice ring to it

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@sargentd said:

On a scale of 1-10

8 interesting

You going to protest?

I got an idea for a sign " WE DEMAND YOU TEACH 8 YEAR OLDS ABOUT PERIODS"

has a nice ring to it

You're not even a good troll. Go to bed, you're losing it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58378 Posts

@sargentd said:

My god this author is unbearable lol

Let's flood the airwaves with talk of blood. Let us talk about our aches, our pains, our moods, our needs, our cultures, our connectivity. Let us listen. And we'll see that there is nothing that Florida legislators can do to stop our much larger consciousness-raising that's underway, try as they might.

Nobody gives a shit about your bloody vagina being taught in elementary school lady lmao

I agree that the extreme points are dumb, I don't like to overexpose people to it....especially ~50% of the population that doesn't have to deal with it personally.

But, you know...some exposure. It'd help the dudes, too, you know. Look out for the warning signs, what they can do to help their lady during their lady time 😋

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#69 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Handmaids tale is actually happening lolz

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SargentD

@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:

My god this author is unbearable lol

Let's flood the airwaves with talk of blood. Let us talk about our aches, our pains, our moods, our needs, our cultures, our connectivity. Let us listen. And we'll see that there is nothing that Florida legislators can do to stop our much larger consciousness-raising that's underway, try as they might.

Nobody gives a shit about your bloody vagina being taught in elementary school lady lmao

I agree that the extreme points are dumb, I don't like to overexpose people to it....especially ~50% of the population that doesn't have to deal with it personally.

But, you know...some exposure. It'd help the dudes, too, you know. Look out for the warning signs, what they can do to help their lady during their lady time 😋

Hey, that's all fine and dandy. But let's keep in mind.. this bill only applies to elementary school kids. It'll still be in health class in middle school. The target audience here.. (5-11yo) don't think it really applies.

And that's the crux of it, why would I be adamant about teaching kids this young this kind of information? Do I need elementary school teachers teaching a 7yo how to help "their lady". Nah. That ain't it.

Honestly seems more like rage bait for the left to attack DeSantis cus they hate his guts. Not the actual bill. Just like Democrats did with the parental rights bill they labeled "don't say gay bill". Now Democrats are calling this the "don't say period bill"..

It's seriously just the state saying it isn't appropriate to teach sex ed to 5-11 yo That's what it is. Democrats want to twist it and try to call him a fascist but I don't think it will work. A lot of people with kids like what he's doing. He's giving power back to the parents/families to decide how and when to talk about these things instead of having a random teacher do it. This is making DeSantis popular.

Would find it humourous to see people riot over this. If a parent is so upset about them not teaching it in elementary school, maybe they should be a parent a teach your kid about it at home.

I don't even care about DeSantis. I think this bill does very little. But when the left over extends, it makes it seems DeSantis is doing way more than what he is. It makes people look into the bill.. and they go "yeah... I'm fine with it".

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: You'd be wrong. Some girls start as young as 8 which is elementary school.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sargentd: You'd be wrong. Some girls start as young as 8 which is elementary school.

Yup. And 11 is right in the average age of menarche.

Some folks just don't have any ideas to add so they choose stupid hills to die on.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4384 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Some folks just don't have any ideas to add so they choose stupid hills to die on.

i do have some hills for sale!!!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SargentD

@firedrakes said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

i do have some hills for sale!!!

Never once made the argument that can't happen...

Yuh dinguses

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@sargentd: What's hilarious is that the actual text of the bill doesn't mention periods once, but specifically says that teachers are not allowed to use pronouns that are not congruent with their biological sex. They also must teach that sex is binary in sex education class. But everyone is outraged over discussion of periods being banned apparently.

It's almost as if the OP didn't read the bill, but instead parroted what a news article claimed the bill says.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LJS9502_basic

@appariti0n said:

@sargentd: What's hilarious is that the actual text of the bill doesn't mention periods once, but specifically says that teachers are not allowed to use pronouns that are not congruent with their biological sex. They also must teach that sex is binary in sex education class. But everyone is outraged over discussion of periods being banned apparently.

It's almost as if the OP didn't read the bill, but instead parroted what a news article claimed the bill says.

You're not quite right.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SargentD
@appariti0n said:

lol this is just "dont say gay bill" all over again... smfh

the left can eat shit on this, makes them look bad if you ask me..

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By appariti0n
@LJS9502_basic said:
@appariti0n said:

You're not quite right.

I'm 100% right. Here is the full text of the bill. Can you please click this, and do a ctrl + F, and search for "period" and then "menstruation"?

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/1069/BillText/c2/PDF

edit: I can see how the wording in the bill could make a teacher hesitant to discuss periods, as it could be lumped in under discussions of sexuality.

I was more speaking to the fact that everyone seems to be focused on periods, when it's not even named in the bill. Yet this bill outright forbids teachers from using their own pronouns that don't line up with their biological sex, and/or teaching anything other than the fact that sex is binary. Something I figured would be far more outraging to those who don't like this bill.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@appariti0n said:

I'm 100% right. Here is the full text of the bill. Can you please click this, and do a ctrl + F, and search for "period" and then "menstruation"?

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/1069/BillText/c2/PDF

edit: I can see how the wording in the bill could make a teacher hesitant to discuss periods, as it could be lumped in under discussions of sexuality.

I was more speaking to the fact that everyone seems to be focused on periods, when it's not even named in the bill. Yet this bill outright forbids teachers from using their own pronouns that don't line up with their biological sex, and/or teaching anything other than the fact that sex is binary. Something I figured would be far more outraging to those who don't like this bill.

Did you not read this?

The bill sponsored by Republican Rep. Stan McClain would restrict public school instruction on human sexuality, sexually transmitted diseases and related topics to grades 6 through 12. McClain confirmed at a recent committee meeting that discussions about menstrual cycles would also be restricted to those grades.

“So if little girls experience their menstrual cycle in 5th grade or 4th grade, will that prohibit conversations from them since they are in the grade lower than sixth grade?” asked state Rep. Ashley Gantt, a Democrat who taught in public schools and noted that girls as young as 10 can begin having periods.

“It would,” McClain responded.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By appariti0n

@LJS9502_basic: Yes, I edited my response, likely at the same time you were replying. He also mentioned he's amenable to revising the bill to cover that scenario.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 firedrakes

@appariti0n said:

@LJS9502_basic: Yes, I edited my response, likely at the same time you were replying. He also mentioned he's amenable to revising the bill to cover that scenario.

but would you trust the guy to do it... its a fl politician...

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#82 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@firedrakes said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Periods aren't sexual. Discussing the human body isn't inherently sexual. Being naked isn't sexual. You don't make porn or have sex every time you take a shower or take a piss or have your period. We Americans need to get over our hangups with the human body.

I don't think teaching elementary aged children being "naked" isn't sexual nor inappropriate is a tactful way to address human anatomy. It's creepy and this line of thinking is inherently troubling.

i think person was ref.

hey this is your body.

nothing is wrong with that.

look how the media and society in general attacks on how a body should look.

I would hope the intentions are good, and at worst it's just naivete. The desensitization to "being naked" when talking to children is a common tactic/behavior from those who sexually abuse/exploit (all ages of) children.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@firedrakes said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Periods aren't sexual. Discussing the human body isn't inherently sexual. Being naked isn't sexual. You don't make porn or have sex every time you take a shower or take a piss or have your period. We Americans need to get over our hangups with the human body.

I don't think teaching elementary aged children being "naked" isn't sexual nor inappropriate is a tactful way to address human anatomy. It's creepy and this line of thinking is inherently troubling.

i think person was ref.

hey this is your body.

I would hope the intentions are good, and at worst it's just naivete. The desensitization to "being naked" when talking to children is a common tactic/behavior from those who sexually abuse/exploit (all ages of) children.

As I said in a different post, context is the most important thing here. Going skinny-dipping with friends on a hot summer day (at a private pool or secluded swimming spot) is different than, say, being a naked adult at a public park full of kids.

I'm not advocating for nudity for the sake of nudity or anything like that, merely that the human body isn't bad or something to be ashamed of, but can be exploited by bad and shameful acts.

I do agree we should not desensitize ourselves, but we should not be overly sensitive. Though I understand the instinct to err on the side of caution, especially if you are a parent yourself.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 appariti0n

@mrbojangles25: Pretty reasonable post.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3438 Posts

First they came for the periods and I didn't cared then they came for the commas.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Sancho_Panzer  Online
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Honest question:

Are people upset because this marks a departure from the norm in the USA? I mean, are these topics traditionally discussed in schools before this stage? Like, at primary school?

Or is the debate more about codification of norms again?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 firedrakes

@sancho_panzer said:

Honest question:

Are people upset because this marks a departure from the norm in the USA? I mean, are these topics traditionally discussed in schools before this stage? That's basically primary school in most countries, I think.

Or is the debate more about codification of norms again?

idk. how usa ed is set up. is not great

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88  Edited By deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@firedrakes said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

i think person was ref.

hey this is your body.

So we Finnish people abuse children when we think that being naked is 100% normal and natural. If you'll ever visit our country, never ever visit a public sauna. You'll get a heart attack. Seeing all those naked people of all ages and genders.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

@Icarian said:

So we Finnish people abuse children when we think that being naked is 100% normal and natural. If you'll ever visit our country, never ever visit a public sauna. You'll get a heart attack. Seeing all those naked people of all ages and genders.

Just add a bit of gore and guns and its alright.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@Icarian said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@firedrakes said:

i think person was ref.

hey this is your body.

We Americans don't put up with that here in the States.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 mrbojangles25

@Icarian said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@firedrakes said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

i think person was ref.

hey this is your body.

It's funny you mention that because when I was in Japan I was soaking, naked, in one of those nice baths they have at this island inn I was staying at, and in walks a Scandinavian (I forgot which country, could have been Finland or Norway or what have you) family and they just get naked, shower, and hop in the tub with me.

As an American I have to admit it was a bit shocking, but I just sort of went with it and we had a nice conversation (their English was great). One of my more unique and pleasant travel memories.

I was 16 at the time, by the way. Didn't feel like it was perverted or sexual, just "Hey this is a communal tub and being naked is the norm".

TL;DR: nudity isn't/shouldn't be that alienating.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Icarian said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By br0kenrabbit
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Until recently, many children went completely naked until they were 11 or 12.

ITT: People thinking the last 100 years is all of history.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Icarian said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

What was your point, then?

Because it seemed you were implying that I (and others that share a similar stance) exhibited signs of people that abuse/exploit people.

However I understand you are a police officer, and you are generally used to seeing the worst the world has to offer, so maybe that is why you assume the worst in people? No one calls the cops because things are going really awesome, after all.

I'm not really sure how we were supposed to interpret your comment as anything other than a backdoor implication of "Yeah you're probably OK but you do act like a creep. Just sayin'". Maybe instead of posting a gif you could explain it to us?

I'd like to find a way to get my point across while not alienating people such as yourself, last thing I want is "I think people should be OK with their bodies" to be interpreted as something perverted.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By mrbojangles25
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Meh, when your country is not even 300 years old, 100 years is a lot of history 😋

Meanwhile people in England drinking in 600 year old pubs...😂

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Meh, when your country is not even 300 years old, 100 years is a lot of history 😋

Meanwhile people in England drinking in 600 year old pubs...😂

100 miles for Americans is like 100 years for many Europeans...

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Based on this line of thinking, are you suggesting bringing back the age of consent to 12?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Icarian said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Because it seemed you were implying that I (and others that share a similar stance) exhibited signs of people that abuse/exploit people.

However I understand you are a police officer, and you are generally used to seeing the worst the world has to offer, so maybe that is why you assume the worst in people? No one calls the cops because things are going really awesome, after all.

I'm not really sure how we were supposed to interpret your comment as anything other than a backdoor implication of "Yeah you're probably OK but you do act like a creep. Just sayin'". Maybe instead of posting a gif you could explain it to us?

I'd like to find a way to get my point across while not alienating people such as yourself, last thing I want is "I think people should be OK with their bodies" to be interpreted as something perverted.

My point was pretty obvious at the beginning, I don't think teachers should be instructing *elementary aged children* on how its okay to be "naked;" discussion on the human body should occur within a health course set/approved on by school districts/standards.

There are clear and obvious *concerns* with adults desensitizing children to the idea of being naked around others; this equally compounded by some who believe children should be able to make their own decisions about their own bodies, then coming together with no involvement of any parents in the decision making/discussions. All of it is alarming, and equally creepy.

We are in a digital age where cyber tips are absolutely *skyrocketing* with child sexual abuse material. Reports of voyeurism, abuse material, erotica, and now AI/drawn material, etc. Material which we are fighting on peer-to-peer, social medias, and dark web and the case load is **astronomically** high. Meta platforms (facebook/instagram) forwarded over 1 million tips last year, for example.

I understand you want **elementary aged children** to be okay with their bodies, but who else does as well? The internet is super-highway; maybe it's time to think differently about how to address the notion.

I do admit this topic has sidelined from its original point of contention. So I'll leave you all with this small bit of wisdom--yes, I see the worst of the worst of society, but these warrants we do on pedophiles... they always have material on their electronic devices depicting children fully clothed and downloaded from social media accounts. Be cognizant on what you post online especially when you're posting photographs of your children online and lastly for some of my fellow parents here, do not give your child a cell phone until they're 16 at the earliest... and even then, I would lock the crap out of that device.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mrbojangles25

@Stevo_the_gamer: ahhhh I see now, thank you for explaining. And a good bit of wisdom there.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 firedrakes

i mod and admin websites over a long long time...

the (blank) i seen.... yeah its bad. some stuff was reported to fbi.

something to bring up with you ref pedo. the fed laws and state ones. need to be fixed.

how/why/lack of evidence.

50% last time (i research it)was people charging that where innocent.

the other 50% are guilty.

but do to how poorly the laws are. you can use the innocent(very bad law work). to get the one guilty (get away scott free).

their has been no other section of law in the usa that has a 50% error mark.

tbh am sadden its not talk about. that it needs to get fixed do ramped abuse .

why did i state all that???

it also applies online to.

but i think the bigger issue now.

with how the usa mindset is.

we need to have a frank honest, no tangent debate on sex ed and said law i ref.

if we dont. its going to get much much worst going forward.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Icarian said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

My point was pretty obvious at the beginning, I don't think teachers should be instructing *elementary aged children* on how its okay to be "naked;" discussion on the human body should occur within a health course set/approved on by school districts/standards.

There are clear and obvious *concerns* with adults desensitizing children to the idea of being naked around others; this equally compounded by some who believe children should be able to make their own decisions about their own bodies, then coming together with no involvement of any parents in the decision making/discussions. All of it is alarming, and equally creepy.

We are in a digital age where cyber tips are absolutely *skyrocketing* with child sexual abuse material. Reports of voyeurism, abuse material, erotica, and now AI/drawn material, etc. Material which we are fighting on peer-to-peer, social medias, and dark web and the case load is **astronomically** high. Meta platforms (facebook/instagram) forwarded over 1 million tips last year, for example.

I understand you want **elementary aged children** to be okay with their bodies, but who else does as well? The internet is super-highway; maybe it's time to think differently about how to address the notion.

I do admit this topic has sidelined from its original point of contention. So I'll leave you all with this small bit of wisdom--yes, I see the worst of the worst of society, but these warrants we do on pedophiles... they always have material on their electronic devices depicting children fully clothed and downloaded from social media accounts. Be cognizant on what you post online especially when you're posting photographs of your children online and lastly for some of my fellow parents here, do not give your child a cell phone until they're 16 at the earliest... and even then, I would lock the crap out of that device.