Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I would hope the intentions are good, and at worst it's just naivete. The desensitization to "being naked" when talking to children is a common tactic/behavior from those who sexually abuse/exploit (all ages of) children.

Until recently, many children went completely naked until they were 11 or 12.

ITT: People thinking the last 100 years is all of history.

Based on this line of thinking, are you suggesting bringing back the age of consent to 12?

We're not the ones who immediately associate nudity with nookie. That's you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Good old GOP.

Loosening child labor laws. Preventing common sense gun control after school shootings. Wanting to ban vaccines in schools. Against free school lunches.

Meanwhile,

Lets go after....checks notes....teaching female biology in schools. lol.

"Muh Children".

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#103 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49595 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I would hope the intentions are good, and at worst it's just naivete. The desensitization to "being naked" when talking to children is a common tactic/behavior from those who sexually abuse/exploit (all ages of) children.

Until recently, many children went completely naked until they were 11 or 12.

ITT: People thinking the last 100 years is all of history.

Based on this line of thinking, are you suggesting bringing back the age of consent to 12?

We're not the ones who immediately associate nudity with nookie. That's you.

I'm sorry, I missed your answer to the previous question when discussing the context of "history." Are you suggesting bringing back the age of consent to 12?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 br0kenrabbit

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I'm sorry, I missed your answer to the previous question when discussing the context of "history." Are you suggesting bringing back the age of consent to 12?

No, but that has nothing to do with the conversation. But since we're reaching here, how is it you're so concerned with kids knowing a little about their bodies but when it comes to guns dead kids are just the price of freedom?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

No, but that has nothing to do with the conversation. But since we're reaching here, how is it you're so concerned with kids knowing a little about their bodies but when it comes to guns dead kids are just the price of freedom?

So you understand bringing historical context into this conversation was silly, very good.

Not just guns, but also vehicles and definitely pools/bodies of water are much more deadly. Or does the political tribalism only matter when you grasp towards guns?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By br0kenrabbit
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

So you understand bringing historical context into this conversation was silly, very good.

Not just guns, but also vehicles and definitely pools/bodies of water are much more deadly. Or does the political tribalism only matter when you grasp towards guns?

Guns have no other purpose than to kill people. There's hunting, but you're not going hunting with a glock .45, are ya?

Besides, you have the whole thing backwards. Covering the body is what sexualizes it. Think about how when a woman showing her ankle was scandalous, now it's no big deal. Check out the Pacific Island cultures where people still go nude; none of them consider nudity sexual at all.

I went to college with some PI folk, and they thought it was weird that we considered breasts sexual. To them it was just like an elbow.

If you want to sexualize something, cover it up and make it shameful.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

A pool didn't do those things to the kids in Uvalde. Kids today don't have to take drills against pools.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

LETS MOVE TO FLORIDA AND MAKE DESANTIS PRESIDENT BECAUSE HES NOT WOKE.

Since the pandemic Florida has been pandering to a right wing base and attempting to build a sort of wild Wild West mentality similar to Texas.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@InEMplease said:

A pool didn't do those things to the kids in Uvalde. Kids today don't have to take drills against pools.

No, a monster and a failed police response did.

Yet a pool is statistically more dangerous, in fact the car remains the most statistically dangerous weapon to children. Heck, more children are injured every year from furniture falling on them compared to firearms... That's not even going into detail on choking incidents from common items, dog/animal attacks, or poisoning from household items or drugs.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178878 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@InEMplease said:

Yet a pool is statistically more dangerous, in fact the car remains the most statistically dangerous weapon to children. Heck, more children are injured every year from furniture falling on them compared to firearms... That's not even going into detail on choking incidents from common items, dog/animal attacks, or poisoning from household items or drugs.

Nah gun deaths are the number cause of death in children now.

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/22/1094364930/firearms-leading-cause-of-death-in-children

Not pools.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@InEMplease said:

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/22/1094364930/firearms-leading-cause-of-death-in-children

Not pools.

You're misunderstanding the context, I'm not talking about direct comparison of fatality numbers. I'm talking about what's statistically more dangerous. Furthermore, if you want to compare the firearm deaths to vehicles--look at under 14 years old. (Gun violence is definitely an issue among gangs/teenagers which is a separate issue in of itself compared to children being gunned down in a mass shooting)

You put up a valiant effort though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178878 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@InEMplease said:

Not pools.

You're misunderstanding the context, I'm not talking about direct comparison of fatality numbers. I'm talking about what's statistically more dangerous. Furthermore, if you want to compare the firearm deaths to vehicles--look at under 14 years old. (Gun violence is definitely an issue among gangs/teenagers which is a separate issue in of itself compared to children being gunned down in a mass shooting)

Nice of you to argue against facts. Valiant effort.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@InEMplease said:

Not pools.

Nice of you to argue against facts. Valiant effort.

Huh?

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@InEMplease said:

Not pools.

Please explain to me the difference, and how that's not what you're doing.

Then explain to me how any of it is supposed to diminish the effect of school shootings and whether actions should be taken to reduce them.