Illinois bans assault weapons, making country safer.

• 166 results
Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7176 Posts
@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

@silentchief: Learn to read what's actually there, instead of what you want to see, kid. I wrote developed world.

You don't think it will reduce gun violence because you fall for stupid propaganda and are emotionally involved in the politics of it. The data is clear. Bans work. If they didn't, you guys wouldn't be banning abortion.

You're telling me I'm falling for propaganda yet your the one asking for their rights taken away ! 🤣🤣

You have viewpoint of the entirety of establishment media. You are a brainwashed sheep.

There are tons of things that are banned or completely illegal within the US yet float across are streets on a regular basis. Explain to me how guns would be any different then Fentanyl?

yup its not the guns its the drugs they are needing. its all about drug wars.

how about they concentrate on the drugs instead.

heck if the druggys killing each other let them.

country is better without them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178849 Posts
@gifford38 said:

safer? from who. other countries coming and taking over.

what happens if they bomb all the military bases or the military turns on the us?

you going to use your beebie gun?

how many people you seen walking around on the streets with assault rifles?

Civilians aren't beating trained military.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

@silentchief: Learn to read what's actually there, instead of what you want to see, kid. I wrote developed world.

You don't think it will reduce gun violence because you fall for stupid propaganda and are emotionally involved in the politics of it. The data is clear. Bans work. If they didn't, you guys wouldn't be banning abortion.

You're telling me I'm falling for propaganda yet your the one asking for their rights taken away ! 🤣🤣

You have viewpoint of the entirety of establishment media. You are a brainwashed sheep.

There are tons of things that are banned or completely illegal within the US yet float across are streets on a regular basis. Explain to me how guns would be any different then Fentanyl?

Your entire premise is flawed, the premise that you have the right to own an assault weapon. Dc v. Heller established that you do not. It's not a right, this no rights are being taken away.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6895 Posts

@tjandmia said:
@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

Your entire premise is flawed, the premise that you have the right to own an assault weapon. Dc v. Heller established that you do not. It's not a right, this no rights are being taken away.

Nothing more entertaining then hearing lefties talk about guns 🤣! Assault Weapon isn't even a thing !.

AR stands for Armorlite rifle. The term Assault Rifle/ wespon has been used by politicians to advance an agenda for the sole purpose of gun control.

They can label whatever they want as an Assault weapon because they simply made it up.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief: Miriam Webster Assault weapon Noun

:any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms

especially :assault rifle

Nothing more entertaining than the far right talking about guns!

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56 Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

@silentchief: Oh, look at that. It made it to number 10. 😆

Plenty of cities in red states following backwards red state law. Red states dominate the nation in gun violence, not surprisingly. Thanks for showing all of us. 👍

How do you misinterpret' the most basic information?

Cities with Most Murders

1. St. Louis, MO (69.4) Red state-Blue city
  2. Baltimore, MD (51.1) Blue state- Blue city
  3. New Orleans, LA (40.6) Red State- Blue city
  4. Detroit, MI (39.7) Blue state- Blue city
  5. Cleveland, OH (33.7) Purple state - Blue city
  6. Las Vegas, NV (31.4) Blue state- Blue city
  7. Kansas City, MO (31.2) Red State- Blue City
  8. Memphis, TN (27.1) Red State- Blue City
  9. Newark, NJ (25.6) Blue State- Blue City
  10. Chicago, IL (24) Blue State- Blue City
  11. Cincinnati, OH (23.8) Purple State- Blue City
  12. Philadelphia, PA (20.2) Blue State - Blue City
  13. Milwaukee, WI (20.0) Blue State- Bliue City
  14. Tulsa, OK (18.6) Red State - Blue City
  15. Pittsburgh, PA (18.4) Blue State- Blue City
  16. Indianapolis, IN (17.7) Red State- Blue City
  17. Louisville, KY (17.5) Red State- Blue City
  18. Oakland, CA (17.1) Blue State- Blue City
  19. Washington D.C. (17.0) Blue State- Blue City
  20. Atlanta, GA (16.7) Purple State- Blue City

Half the top 20 are Blue States and 100 percent of the cities are Blue.

🤣🤣

And here i thought Washington is a safe town.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:

Thanks for proving my point 🤣🤣!

" any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms"

Basically whatever they want to make up and classify as an Assault weapon.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By tjandmia

@silentchief: Sorry, pal, but assault rifle most certainly is a term accurately and commonly referring to those weapons of war.

All words are made up, chief, and the term assault rifle, thanks to your weird and dangerous obsession with putting weapons of war in civilian hands, it's now in common use by the public, thus it is valid usage. 👍

I never understood what you guys thought you were going to accomplish by trying to pretend it wasn't a thing, as if everyone was just going to throw their hands up and stop referring to assault rifles as assault rifles. 🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Silentchief
@tjandmia said:

@silentchief: Sorry, pal, but assault rifle most certainly is a term.

All words are made up, chief, and the green assault rifle, thanks to your word and dangerous obsession with putting weapons of war in civilian hands, it's now in common use by the public, thus it is valid usage. 👍

I never understood what you guys thought you were going to accomplish by trying to pretend it wasn't a thing, as if everyone was just going to throw their hands up and stop referring to assault rifle as assault rifles. 🤣

It's just shit lefties made up on the fly🤣. We know how your side likes to play with definitions.

What is a weapon of War by your definition? You realize the weapons the military has are in fact different from what civilians already carry correct?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:

You're arguing with a dictionary. And it's bizarre you'd argue weapons with me to start with. I'm quite familiar with them. I did serve in the US Army.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

You're arguing with a dictionary. And it's bizarre you'd argue weapons with me to start with. I'm quite familiar with them. I did serve in the US Army.

No I'm really not. The dictionary doesn't define what an assault weapon is. A politician can apply that definition to whatever weapon they see fit.

Then you know the weapons from the military are radically different then the civilian versions.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#62 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

The country isn't safe until we ban Illinois they know what they did. Same goes for Idaho I'm woke to thsi

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58344 Posts

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

The country isn't safe until we ban Illinois they know what they did. Same goes for Idaho I'm woke to thsi

Yeah but Chicago gave us Italian beef sandwiches, so I think you can forgive them.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#64 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@mrbojangles25:

No I am ungovernable so I'm gonna detonate charges underneath the state of Idaho so we sink Illinois by proxy

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 tjandmia

@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

@silentchief: Sorry, pal, but assault rifle most certainly is a term.

All words are made up, chief, and the green assault rifle, thanks to your word and dangerous obsession with putting weapons of war in civilian hands, it's now in common use by the public, thus it is valid usage. 👍

I never understood what you guys thought you were going to accomplish by trying to pretend it wasn't a thing, as if everyone was just going to throw their hands up and stop referring to assault rifle as assault rifles. 🤣

It's just shit lefties made up on the fly🤣. We know how your side likes to play with definitions.

What is a weapon of War by your definition? You realize the weapons the military has are in fact different from what civilians already carry correct?

Definitions of words and phrases are all just made up. It's amazing to me that you think you are making some valid point with that. lol.

Sorry, but even the surviving family of the creator of the AR15 debunks your BS about it. The gun was literally designed to replace the M-16.

Dude, seriously. No one buys your absurd crap propaganda about these guns not being weapons of war. It's literally pointless and stupid.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tjandmia
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

No I'm really not. The dictionary doesn't define what an assault weapon is. A politician can apply that definition to whatever weapon they see fit.

Then you know the weapons from the military are radically different then the civilian versions.

The dictionary describes common uses of words. Dictionaries don't define any words.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Silentchief

@tjandmia:

The dictionary describes common uses of words. Dictionaries don't define any words.

🤣🤣🤣.., 😐

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

@tjandmia: " The gun was literally designed to replace the M-16."

Thanks for proving you have no knowledge of the gun you are arguing about. Every M-16 is a AR-15. The difference is the M-16 lower receiver allows for the use of a auto-sear. This allows for selective fire.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tjandmia

@Black96Z: lol dude. Thanks for backing me up on the fact that it's a weapon of war. 🤣

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Black96Z

@tjandmia: Does the civilian version have a auto-sear? No. So it is not a weapon of war. Is the Sig M17 a weapon of war? Is the Beretta M9 a weapon of war? Is the knifes carries by military personal weapons of war?

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts
@Black96Z said:

@tjandmia: Does the civilian version have a auto-sear? No. So it is not a weapon of war. Is the Sig M17 a weapon of war? Is the Beretta M9 a weapon of war? Is the knifes carries by military personal weapons of war?

These are ridiculous deflections that don't address the actual problem.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Black96Z

@InEMplease: How is it a deflection? The guns I listed and guns like the 1911 were all adopted for use in the military. How are they not considered "weapons of war?" Banning any gun will not change the actions of people.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8245 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

You know this is a bullshit term LJS

If the term "assault weapon" can be any variation of a semi-automatic firearm...

That's pretty much any gun in existence. That term "assault weapon" is vague and arbitrary on purpose and you know it.

Most guns are semi automatic and fully automatic are already highly illegal and regulated.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

Why bring up a dictionary when multiple times far right posters here said dictionaries were fake. "Vaccine", "Gender", "Climate", and even the got' damn word "Ban". 😂🤣🤣

It's useless at this point. Reality isn't good enough for them.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Zaryia

Hmm, probably a good move:

(PDF) Gun Control Policy to Prevent Public Mass Shootings: Regression Lines of Discontinuety Study (Preprint) (researchgate.net)

CONCLUSIONS This study demonstrates the utility of public health surveillance on gun violence. Surveillance informs policy on whether a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines reduces public mass shootings. As society searches for effective policies to prevent the next public mass shooter, we must consider the overwhelming evidence that assault weapon bans and/or large capacity magazine bans work. CLINICALTRIAL NA

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Why bring up a dictionary when multiple times far right posters here said dictionaries were fake. "Vaccine", "Gender", "Climate", and even the got' damn word "Ban". 😂🤣🤣

It's useless at this point. Reality isn't good enough for them.

Can you tell us how many genders there are ? 🤣🤣🤣.

And how many times you nutjobs been wrong on climate change predictions?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tjandmia

@zaryia: I forgot that they even redefined what a vaccine is. 🤣

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

Can you tell us how many genders there are ? 🤣🤣🤣.

Depends on the context it's being used, as stated by dictionaries (which is why definition's have multiple passages 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, etc).

Gender Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

To answer your question, some fields of science (or individuals) are strictly referring to gender as a means to assign sex, in which case there are 2 (3 on rare occasion). For fields of science (or individuals) that are using it to refer to gender identity, there are more than 2. There is objectively a need for the latter as it concerns studies in psychology, sociology, and neuroscience.

I'm simply agreeing with dictionaries on those 6 words. Nothing more nothing less. Dictionaries are not wrong about the definitions on assault weapons, ban, anti-vaxxing, vaccine, climate, or gender. Having to debate this is silly, because one side is objectively wrong and one side is not. In these specific cases/debates on this forum, the far right posters are and were objectively wrong.

Whether someone dislikes these facts or not is irrelevant. They are facts.

@silentchief said:

And how many times you nutjobs been wrong on climate change predictions?

If you want to use random ad-hominems, make sure you aren't wrong about your statement:

• Study Confirms Climate Models are Getting Future Warming Projections Right – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet (nasa.gov)
  • Analysis: How well have climate models projected global warming? - Carbon Brief

Either way, the dictionaries were right and the far right posters here were wrong. Full stop.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Zaryia
@tjandmia said:

Yup they had to make it more accurate because these clowns don't understand anything. But in doing so the same clowns yelled conspiracy theory. Getting into a multiple page debate on how Oxford's, Meriam's, etc. are all wrong multiple times in this forum.....each and every time it makes me feel like I am losing brain cells lmao.

Now we're at it again ITT for Assault Weapons/Rifle. Sigh.

• Assault weapon Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
  • Assault rifle - Oxford Reference
  • Assault weapon Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
  • ASSAULT RIFLE definition | Cambridge English Dictionary

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23929 Posts

Assault Weapons *DO* in fact refer to semi automatic weapons. And may have been used for at least half a century by now. The obvious denial of the term is explicitly political in nature. As the whole point of changing the definition is to give a loophole to certain laws.

Edit: And including semi automatics is done for a good reason. In a civilian context, semi Automatic Weapons are FAR more dangerous than fully automatic. Since unlike with full auto, it is much easier to make every single shot count.

@tjandmia said:

Don't forget they are trying to redefine what an Anti-Vaxxer is. "I am not an Anti-Vaxxer, I vaccinated myself". Meanwhile they are constantly downplaying COVID, hyping up obviously ineffective Miracle Cures (Ivermectin), and uses almost the exact same rhetoric as Anti-Vaxxers do except for the fact that they have been vaccinated.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23929 Posts

On a side note. I am not really sure this is the right course of action.

The evidence on the efficacy of gun control seems to be mixed at best. And as I keep hearing mixed reports. I will not take a side there. Furthermore, I think murders and mass shootings are massively overstated, as they are in the rest of the world. A gun is a force multiplier, and while gun control can prevent bad people from getting guns. It would be better to address why people go out to murder each other in the first place.

I could be wrong here, but this whole thing just stinks of a red herring. Switzerland has very lax gun control, and with it a high rate of gun ownership, and despite that some of the lowest murder rates in the world.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Silentchief

@zaryia:

Depends on the context it's being used, as stated by dictionaries (which is why definition's have multiple passages 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, etc).

To answer your question, some fields of science (or individuals) are strictly referring to gender as a means to assign sex, in which case there are 2 (3 on rare occasion). For fields of science (or individuals) that are using it to refer to gender identity, there are more than 2. There is objectively a need for the latter as it concerns studies in psychology, sociology, and neuroscience.

I'm simply agreeing with dictionaries on those 6 words. Nothing more nothing less. Dictionaries are not wrong about the definitions on assault weapons, ban, anti-vaxxing, vaccine, climate, or gender. Having to debate this is silly, because one side is objectively wrong and one side is not. In these specific cases/debates on this forum, the far right posters are and were objectively wrong.

You didn't answer my question 😅. It's good to know that one of the definitions has been used for over 100 years.

The dictionarie didn't define what an assault weapon is. Which therefore leaves it open into interpretation.

@zaryia:

If you want to use randomad-hominems, make sure you aren't wrong about your statement:

I'm just stating basic facts. Peak oil, global warming, mass flooding. Their predictions are consistently wrong.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2019/11/25/why-everything-they-say-about-climate-change-is-wrong/?sh=36175b7b12d6

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@tjandmia said:

Yup they had to make it more accurate because these clowns don't understand anything. But in doing so the same clowns yelled conspiracy theory. Getting into a multiple page debate on how Oxford's, Meriam's, etc. are all wrong multiple times in this forum.....each and every time it makes me feel like I am losing brain cells lmao.

The self ownage is palpable

From your own sources

QUICK REFERENCE

A military firearm that is chambered for ammunition of reduced size or propellant charge and has the capacity to switch between semi‐automatic and fully automatic fire.

Good to know these guns are illegal and have always been banned.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief: LOL love the fact that you don't give a source.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:

Where didn't I give a source? Read the edit.

The definition I linked from the Assault weapon is from his link. That's the Oxford dictionary definition.

I literally copy and pasted the text from his link.

Ps. It's from his second link.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

You didn't answer my question 😅

Literally...

This is a reading issue on your part. I'm going to go with most major dictionaries on these 6 words, as would any educated and rational human being.

@silentchief said:

I'm just stating basic facts. Peak oil, global warming, mass flooding. Their predictions are consistently wrong.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2019/11/25/why-everything-they-say-about-climate-change-is-wrong/?sh=36175b7b12d6

You are not stating a fact, as this isn't the data I have used. I don't care what a handful of far left journalists blog on.

You said "you nutjobs". This was a false ad-hominem attack. I only use what the peer reviewed studies use, which use accurate models:

• Study Confirms Climate Models are Getting Future Warming Projections Right – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet (nasa.gov)
  • Analysis: How well have climate models projected global warming? - Carbon Brief

The actual scientific predictions are consistently correct. Please do not lie again.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@tjandmia said:

The self ownage is palpable

From your own sources

QUICK REFERENCE

A military firearm that is chambered for ammunition of reduced size or propellant charge and has the capacity to switch between semi‐automatic and fully automatic fire.

Good to know these guns are illegal and have always been banned.

What? Huh? When did I say that Oxford quick reference definition for Assault Rifle (not Assault Weapon mind you) doesn't count? When did I disagree with that sentence? How is this self ownage? You feeling okay?

Lets add two more to the list:

Assault rifle Definition & Meaning | Britannica Dictionary

:a gun that can shoot many bullets quickly and that is designed for use by the military

Assault weapon - definition of assault weapon by The Free Dictionary

:Any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms with detachable magazines and often other features such as a pistol grip or a collapsible stock, designed for individual use.

Five links that show the following post was objectively false:

@silentchief said:

🤣! Assault Weapon isn't even a thing !

Do you agree you were wrong, and that Assault Weapon is a thing?

P.S. Their full definition, for Assault Weapon, is unfortunately paywalled:

1. "Assault weapon". Oxford English Dictionary (Online ed.). Oxford University Press. (Subscription or participating institution membership required.)

Perhaps someone here has access?

Semantics arguments aside,

@zaryia said:

Hmm, probably a good move:

(PDF) Gun Control Policy to Prevent Public Mass Shootings: Regression Lines of Discontinuety Study (Preprint) (researchgate.net)

CONCLUSIONS This study demonstrates the utility of public health surveillance on gun violence. Surveillance informs policy on whether a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines reduces public mass shootings. As society searches for effective policies to prevent the next public mass shooter, we must consider the overwhelming evidence that assault weapon bans and/or large capacity magazine bans work. CLINICALTRIAL NA

No recent counter studies? From the newest data it seems like this Assault Weapon (which is a real thing) ban is quite wise.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Zaryia
@LJS9502_basic said:

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

The definition I linked from the Assault weapon is from his link. That's the Oxford dictionary definition.

That's an Assault Rifle link, not Assault Weapon.

Oxford's Assault Weapon definition link is paywalled, but is used to reference 2 semi-automatic weapons by Wikipedia.

You're just wrong on this man.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Silentchief

@zaryia:

What? Huh? When did I say that Oxford quick reference definition doesn't count? When did I disagree with that sentence? How is this self ownage? You feeling okay?

So you agree these weapons are already banned? If so let me know and we can move on.

@zaryia:

Also does this mean the 3 other links are ownage towards you? Lets add two more to the list:

Assault rifle Definition & Meaning | Britannica Dictionary

:a gun that can shoot many bullets quickly and that is designed for use by the military

Why would they be since by your words you aren't denying the definition? So you are denying it?

Regardless your other definitions prove my point further.

" designed for use by the military". Civilian guns are not designed for use by the military. They lose the three shot burst and fully automatic modes that millitary guns have. This is the factor that seperates a " millitary assault rifle" from a civilian rifle.

@zaryia:

:Any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms with detachable magazines and often other features such as a pistol grip or a collapsible stock, designed for individual use.

That was the original definition that was posted that doesn't define it.

The definitions you linked, proved my point and those guns are already" illegal ".

It is why the current rifles we have, have been legal for the past 20 years. But because leftist don't know what an assault weapon is they attempt to." Expand the definition " to any semi automatic rifle. Eventually they will expand it to ant semi automatic weapon ( including handguns) and then expand it to any gun.

This is why it is pointless in arguing with bad faith actors on the left.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

What? Huh? When did I say that Oxford quick reference definition doesn't count? When did I disagree with that sentence? How is this self ownage? You feeling okay?

So you agree these weapons are already banned? If so let me know and we can move on.

Those Assault Weapons are not banned afaik?

@silentchief said:

Why would they be since by your words you aren't denying the definition? So you are denying it?

I'm not denying any dictionary definition of Assault Weapon, which this much needed law bans.

@silentchief said:

It is why the current rifles we have, have been legal for the past 20 years. But because leftist don't know what an assault weapon is they attempt to." Expand the definition " to any semi automatic rifle. Eventually they will expand it to ant semi automatic weapon ( including handguns) and then expand it to any gun.

This is why it is pointless in arguing with bad faith actors on the left.

You would need to post proof that all major dictionaries are in on a conspiracy theory and acting in bad faith. Until then you are objectively incorrect.

@silentchief said:

The definitions you linked, proved my point and those guns are already" illegal ".

I did no such thing?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That's an Assault Rifle link, not Assault Weapon.

Oxford's Assault Weapon definition link is paywalled, but is used to reference 2 semi-automatic weapons by Wikipedia.

You're just wrong on this man.

🤣🤣🤣.

Define the difference for us then. Stop grasping for straws. You have proved my point. These weapons are already banned and the far left is now attempting to " expand the definition ".

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Silentchief

@zaryia: said

This is a reading issue on your part. I'm going to go with most major dictionaries on these 6 words, as would any educated and rational human being.

No it really isn't. I asked you a simple question that you failed to answer and continue to do so. How many are there? More then two isn't an answer. Is it 8? 12? 10? I'm asking you to answer a very simple question.

@zaryia:said

You are not stating a fact, as this isn't the data I have used. I don't care what a handful of far left journalists blog on.

You said "you nutjobs". This was a false ad-hominem attack. I only use what the peer reviewed studies use, which use accurate models:

These are not from far left journalists blogs. Many were from accredited sources. The fact is they have been consistently incorrect.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia: said

How many are there?

To answer your question, some fields of science (or individuals) are strictly referring to gender as a means to assign sex, in which case there are 2. For fields of science (or individuals) that are using it to refer to gender identity, there are 2 or more. There is objectively a need for the latter as it concerns studies in psychology, sociology, and neuroscience.

@silentchief said:

I'm asking you to answer a very simple question.

I'm giving you a pretty clear answer. Here is my source:

Neurobiology of gender identity and sexual orientation - PMC (nih.gov)

I agree with dictionaries on these 6 words, like most rational human beings.

@silentchief said:

These are not from far left journalists blogs. Many were from accredited sources. The fact is they have been consistently incorrect.

The sources I have used, which are a majority of peer reviewed studies and climate models, have been correct. You're talking about a handful of articles. The science has been consistently correct.

What's nutjob about that?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Silentchief

@zaryia:

You would need to post proof that all major dictionaries are in on a conspiracy theory and acting in bad faith. Until then you are objectively incorrect.

Where did I say there was a conspiracy theory? Two definitions clearly state what they are and they are banned. The other uses broad term that can be applied to " any semi automatic weapon"

It's not a conspiracy that the definition of this is a hot topic on capital hill. Matter of fact it's common sense at this point.

The left means to greatly expand that definition.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

Define the difference for us then. Stop grasping for straws.

How is copy and pasting multiple dictionaries grasping for straws?

Assault Weapons include semi-automatic weapons. It's that simple.

@silentchief said:

You have proved my point.

No. Your point was objectively incorrect:

@silentchiefsaid:

🤣! Assault Weapon isn't even a thing !

• Assault weapon - definition of assault weapon by The Free Dictionary

• Home : Oxford English Dictionary (oed.com)

@silentchief said:

These weapons are already banned and the far left is now attempting to " expand the definition ".

These weapons are not banned and reality is not "the left". You are telling us simple dictionary definitions are incorrect with 0 sources to back up this world changing and absurd viewpoint.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

Two definitions clearly state what they are and they are banned.

No definition states this. You are lying.

@silentchief said:

Matter of fact it's common sense at this point.

Indeed it is. I'm going to trust the.....checks notes.....dictionaries....and agree with them.

I know, bold move on my part.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Silentchief

@zaryia:

To answer your question, some fields of science (or individuals) are strictly referring to gender as a means to assign sex, in which case there are2. For fields of science (or individuals) that are using it to refer to gender identity, thereare 2or more. There is objectively a need for the latter as it concerns studies in psychology, sociology, and neuroscience.

Aww so it changes based off the field of science? Hmmm how could anyone debate that 🤣.

Before we go to far off topic my point is that was a shitty example.

@zaryia:

The sources I have used, which are a majority of peer reviewed studies and climate models, have been correct. You're talking about a handful of articles. The science has been consistently correct.

What's nutjob about that?

Handful of Articles? They put an hysterical Autistic kid on the cover of time magazine and named her person of the year. She's a nutjob and the MSM celebrates her. Most of the Main stream climate talk from the media is hysterical and false. That is what most of the people have issues with.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

Aww so it changes based off the field of science? Hmmm how could anyone debate that 🤣.

Yes. It does. It changes off the field of science OR what you are referencing.

All major dictionaries have multiple meanings on this for a reason.

• Gender Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
  • gender, n. : Oxford English Dictionary (oed.com)
  • GENDER | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Not sure why you put a smiley face in response to a fact.

Like I said. Climate, Gender, Assault Weapon, Ban, Vaccine, and Anti-Vaxxer. These are words I have gotten into FAKE "debates" with people in this forum. All of these people told me dictionaries were wrong. They lost these debates, and everyone in the involved threads lost braincells.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

Like I said. Climate, Gender, Assault Weapon, Ban, Vaccine, and Anti-Vaxxer. These are words I have gotten into FAKE "debates" with people in this forum. All of these people told me dictionaries were wrong. They lost these debates, and everyone in the involved threads lost braincells.

I put a smiley face because of your reasoning.

How did they lose the debate though. If someone said there is only two genders and certain fields of science verify that and you argue otherwise then their not really wrong.

We're a page in and you still can't define an " Assault weapon".

Linking me definition to " Assault rifles" and arguing the difference.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

I put a smiley face because if your reasoning.

My reasoning is going by dictionary definitions. You're telling me they are wrong.

Like I said, in these threads far right wingers said dictionaries are wrong. That's crazy.

@silentchief said:

How did they lose the debate though.

They said the 3 dictionaries I just linked were wrong. They are not wrong.

They did this with 6 words. They lost all 6 debates.

@silentchief said:

We're a page in and you still can't define an " Assault weapon".

• Assault weapon - definition of assault weapon by The Free Dictionary
  • Home : Oxford English Dictionary (oed.com)

assault weapon

noun

: any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms

Going by the data this Assault Weapon ban should be helpful.