Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

https://nypost.com/2021/04/12/national-guard-deployed-in-minneapolis-after-fatal-police-shooting/

-

The National Guard was deployed in Minneapolis as hundreds of people looted and rioted into the early hours Monday after a black man was shot dead while trying to flee arrest less than 10 miles from where George Floyd died.

The fatal shooting of 20-year-old Daunte Wright in Brooklyn Center came as the Twin Cities was already in a state of high alert over the trial of ex-cop Derek Chauvin, charged with Floyd’s murder last May.

Wright, who had an outstanding warrant, had been pulled over around 2 p.m. Sunday — and was shot after jumping back in his car and trying to race away, crashing to a stop after driving several blocks, police said.

Within hours of the incident as well. Bare minimum information right now, so it's impossible to state it was a good shooting or not. A sad reminder how things will play out following any verdict in the Chauvin trial.

Edit:

According to new updates from Fox News;

Brooklyn Center Police Chief Tim Gannon said he believed the so far unidentified officer intended to reach for a Taser but mistakenly grabbed her service weapon and deployed a single bullet. Both the chief and Mayor Mike Elliott declined to release the officer's name at this time but said the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension should be releasing information about all involved parties soon.

The BART incident years ago established a clear standard for different locations for taser and handgun. They feel extremely different and have different mechanics. I'm not sure how anyone can confuse the two. Negligent homicide is a certainty here. Frustrating as hell to read.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

The city will burn regardless of the verdict and the rioting will be justified by certain outlets.

Yesterday's rioting says a lot about the people.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

The city will burn regardless of the verdict and the rioting will be justified by certain outlets.

Yep, if I was a cop in that city I would leave immediately. I say let anarchy set in, this is Biden's America now.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Another police murdering people?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Another police murdering people?

Yep, they never seem to learn their lesson. Sadly I don't see this ending anytime in the near future to many cops with itchy trigger fingers.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Democrat police commissioner in a democrat city in a democrat state with a democrat house, democrat senate, and a democrat in the White House. So how do we divisively blame this on Trump and Republicans?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58322 Posts

It sounds like this is a tragic accident and/or a case of negligence. Call me crazy but I am pretty sure they have guns and tasers on different sides of the belt and they feel different despite having firearm-style grips.

With that said, I don't know....if people are on a hair-trigger riot response, maybe we need to reassess how police handle encounters with police. If someone runs...maybe just let them run? Can get them later.

*waits for the "Yeah but what if they run and grab their gun and kill ten people" rebuttal*

@Xabiss said:
@Solaryellow said:

Yep, if I was a cop in that city I would leave immediately. I say let anarchy set in, this is Biden's America now.

There wasn't rioting during Trump's presidency? On both sides?

Hmm...

I think you place too much value on who is president, or the office itself.

@eoten said:

Democrat police commissioner in a democrat city in a democrat state with a democrat house, democrat senate, and a democrat in the White House. So how do we divisively blame this on Trump and Republicans?

Blame the cop, law enforcement, and police unions?

Why do you feel the need to politicize everything? This is clearly a combination of human error, bad training, and excessive force, and the inability to weed out bad or poor-performing cops from the good ones.

*and would you just get over Trump? Please? It's been really nice not seeing him in the news every god damn day, but folks like yourself just can't seem to let him go.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solaryellow

@girlusocrazy said:

Now the excuse was that the policeman is so inept that he couldn't tell his taser from his gun, and thought that an unarmed suspect running away was a threat that needed to be neutralized. By doing that to the driver he caused more danger to bystanders when the vehicle was out of control. Bumbling skittish trigger happy cop should be fired. Can't even maintain during a traffic stop. Sees person of color with air fresheners and automatically feels threatened. Becomes liability to other innocent people around.

Her being unable to differentiate between a taser and a firearm is not an excuse nor should it be, IMO. Maybe that is the reason but it should not be used as an excuse.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Solaryellow said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Now the excuse was that the policeman is so inept that he couldn't tell his taser from his gun, and thought that an unarmed suspect running away was a threat that needed to be neutralized. By doing that to the driver he caused more danger to bystanders when the vehicle was out of control. Bumbling skittish trigger happy cop should be fired. Can't even maintain during a traffic stop. Sees person of color with air fresheners and automatically feels threatened. Becomes liability to other innocent people around.

Her being unable to differentiate between a taser and a firearm is not an excuse nor should it be, IMO. Maybe that is the reason but it should not be used as an excuse.

It's going to be gross negligence. Resignation will be soon for her and then will be the manslaughter charges. This is pretty clearcut.

I still expect more looting and rioting though. New shoes for... Justice.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6879 Posts

This guy again has a wrap sheet a mile long. Watch them make him a Martyr.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Silentchief

@Stevo_the_gamer: LMAO new shoes for Justice! I like that.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Cop f*cked up and killed someone. Pretty clear cut in this case. Fire and charge her immediately. Now we can expect assholes to start looting again.

I'm still waiting to see why they pulled him over. If it's for having air fresheners on the rear window...GTFO.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HoolaHoopMan
@silentchief said:

Ignoring the obvious pivot to character assassination, the least you could do is cite the wrap sheet.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Shoot first, shoot questions later. Murica

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Cops don't put you in jail, the judge does.

Why even challenge the cops? Judge will **** you up for doing that.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solaryellow

She's gonna need a good lawyer.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Body cam footage released. Stupid screw up. Stupid on the male cop's part on failing to get the cuffs on and restraining the driver. Really stupid on the driver's part for attempting to flee. Unbelievable on the female cop's part for firing the wrong weapon....but I actually do feel sorry for her too because it was clearly a mistake by her. Sorry for the driver in getting killed, but that was a really dumb decision on his part.

This isn't worthy of rioting (not that much is to begin with). Good on the chief getting the footage out quickly. Hopefully that helps reduce the tension.

Boneheaded mistake.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Silentchief

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@silentchief said:

Ignoring the obvious pivot to character assassination, the least you could do is cite the wrap sheet.

Here is some pictures of this productive member of society.

He was wanted on a weapons charge and for escaping the police. He also had an aggravated assault charge and drug possession charge with intent to sell.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mrbojangles25

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Solaryellow said:
@girlusocrazy said:

It's going to be gross negligence. Resignation will be soon for her and then will be the manslaughter charges. This is pretty clearcut.

I still expect more looting and rioting though. New shoes for... Justice.

Does gross negligence come with a loss of pension?

Will there be better training? Reform? Promises that this won't happen again? Perhaps better training in restraint and de-escalation?

It's not enough to see cops punished if there will simply be more bad/inept cops in the future. We keep running into the same mistakes we made for years on end.

I'd like to respect law enforcement as a whole someday as much as I respect the individual cops I know, but if things remain stagnant then I don't see that happening.

I never really understood this expression until recently, but it's true: don't be sorry, be better.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12575 Posts

@girlusocrazy: Fleeing in a car trying to get away from the cops, to me, would be considered "posing an immediate threat". Hits close to home. But I haven't read the whole thing yet so there's probably more to it.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HoolaHoopMan

@silentchief said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

He was wanted on a weapons charge and for escaping the police. He also had an aggravated assault charge and drug possession charge with intent to sell.

I don't think you understand what 'citing' means. As in, provide a link.

Regardless though, the 'he wasn't my ideal citizen so who cares', rhetoric is a pretty piss poor argument to fall back on. Great way to justify the death of anyone you want.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: I don't know how much time she has invested nor do I know the stipulations of their union contract with the city so I can't say for certain either way. As for "better training," seems moot in this scenario as no experienced officer misconstrues a firearm from a taser. Mechanics and feel are completely different and should be in different areas on the body/belt. It's beyond reason why anyone would mix up the two.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eoten

If tasers weren't being forced on cops, she wouldn't have believed she had one. If she didn't believe she grabbedone instead of a handgun, she'd have known she had a handgun, and if she knew she had a handgun and didn't intent to shoot, she wouldn't have shot.

And posting bullshit like this...

“All he did was have air fresheners in the car and they told him to get out of the car,” Wright said.

Which is bullcrap, police don't ask you to get out of the car for air freshener, is to convey the impression that he's an innocent victim, and this encourages riots and violence. If the media hasn't spent almost a year telling people they don't have to listen to police, we'd probably have fewer incidents of people fighting back, or running away during a lawful stop or arrest.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Silentchief

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@silentchief said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Regardless though, the 'he wasn't my ideal citizen so who cares', rhetoric is a pretty piss poor argument to fall back on. Great way to justify the death of anyone you want.

I didn't justify anything . My point is stop making Marty's out of shit bags. This whole " but he dindu nuffin " argument is getting old. He an ran from the police with a warrant out on him.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17660 Posts

I’m not an officer, but isn’t a taser generally on the opposite side of their sidearm? Isn’t it also yellow?

Hard for me to believe you’d mistake your taser for a firearm, pulling your weapon should be instinctual and unmistakable.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mrbojangles25

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@mrbojangles25: I don't know how much time she has invested nor do I know the stipulations of their union contract with the city so I can't say for certain either way. As for "better training," seems moot in this scenario as no experienced officer misconstrues a firearm from a taser. Mechanics and feel are completely different and should be in different areas on the body/belt. It's beyond reason why anyone would mix up the two.

Thank you for the info.

As for confusion, adrenaline does crazy things to the body and mind, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I almost feel sorry for the officer, sounds like they really did not intend to shoot them with a gun.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HoolaHoopMan

@silentchief said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

I didn't justify anything . My point is stop making Marty's out of shit bags. This whole " but he dindu nuffin " argument is getting old. He an ran from the police with a warrant out on him.

Bro, your side literally makes martyrs out of shit bags all day. Just look at the entire persecution complex of the GOP and Trump administration.

But again, besides the point. Being a bad person isn't grounds for losing your life, nor is what happened in this situation. The cop f*cked up in this situation. Not murder, but the death is clearly a mistake that she made.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

Saying she mistakenly pulled her pistol and not her taser, it wasn't like she pulled and fired, she had it held out in front of her for a good while, add the additional weight she should have felt for a loaded firearm (vs the 8oz of the taser); it's not just an accident, I'd say at very least it's negligent homicide. And I heard she's a long serving officer so this isn't a novice mistake.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Thank you for the info.

As for confusion, adrenaline does crazy things to the body and mind, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I almost feel sorry for the officer, sounds like they really did not intend to shoot them with a gun.

It's easy to get "tunnel vision" in high stress situations.... Sure. I don't consider this encounter to be one of those extreme stress situations though.

I just got home and watched the bodycam footage. I'm still dumbfounded by it. She legit pulled out her gun, told him he was going to get tased, and yelled taser, taser, taser (which is standard practice with the taser usage to your partners), and pulled the trigger on her gun.

Like, didn't recognize the difference in how she unholstered it, she didn't turn on the [gun] taser (you need to activate the toggle switch to the taser which shines a bright RED LASER, and didn't see the LASER dot at that close of range), didn't recognize the weight difference of the gun, the difference between plastic and STEEL on the gun...

No business having a badge.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Thank you for the info.

It's easy to get "tunnel vision" in high stress situations.... Sure. I don't consider this encounter to be one of those extreme stress situations though.

I just got home and watched the bodycam footage. I'm still dumbfounded by it. She legit pulled out her gun, told him he was going to get tased, and yelled taser, taser, taser (which is standard practice with the taser usage to your partners), and pulled the trigger on her gun.

Like, didn't recognize the difference in how she unholstered it, she didn't turn on the [gun] taser (you need to activate the toggle switch to the taser which shines a bright RED LASER, and didn't see the LASER dot at that close of range), didn't recognize the weight difference of the gun, the difference between plastic and STEEL on the gun...

She screwed up royally, and it was obvious she didn't have proper training or know how to handle this kind of situation. She should of never had a badge.

This guy did not get pulled over because of air freshener, but had a warrant out for his arrest.

Now what the media and the left will say. This was a racist stop and the person was shot because he was black. The left and media will frame this in a way that will just distort the truth and make people act crazy when they do get pulled over.

The issue with this country right now on this issue is the media.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Eoten
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Thank you for the info.

Do you think she'd have made that mistake though of cops weren't having borderline useless tasers shoved down their throats by dipshits who seem to think they work like a Star Trek phaser?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Xabiss said:

She screwed up royally, and it was obvious she didn't have proper training or know how to handle this kind of situation. She should of never had a badge.

This guy did not get pulled over because of air freshener, but had a warrant out for his arrest.

Now what the media and the left will say. This was a racist stop and the person was shot because he was black. The left and media will frame this in a way that will just distort the truth and make people act crazy when they do get pulled over.

The issue with this country right now on this issue is the media.

The vehicle had expired registration and had an object obstructing the driver's vision. It's good probable cause for both infractions to do an enforcement stop. But yeah, there's always going to be the race-baiters who think any infraction doesn't warrant a stop. He wasn't shot because of expired registration, nor was he shot because of an object hanging in the mirror. He was shot during an attempt of an arrest because of a dumb and tragic mistake from an officer.

@eoten said:

Do you think she'd have made that mistake though of cops weren't having borderline useless tasers shoved down their throats by dipshits who seem to think they work like a Star Trek phaser?

I don't know what their policy is for discharging tasers, because our policy there must be an active combative subject or a threat of violence. We cannot discharge a taser because of passive resistance or any sort of flight, regardless if there's a midso/felony warrant out for the subject. This dude wasn't throwing punches, he tensed up and quickly moved to evade. Evading is not fighting. They should have just used brute force to pull him out of the vehicle or pain compliance control holds. Being stuck in the doorway of a 2-4k pound weapon (make no mistake, that vehicle is a weapon) is always bad though.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@silentchief said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@silentchief said:

from the pics all i can tell is he's wealthy, maybe a business owner / job creator. and also is a advocate for 2A rights.

surprised the righties / gun folks aren't stepping up to defend him more.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Silentchief

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@silentchief said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Bro, your side literally makes martyrs out of shit bags all day. Just look at the entire persecution complex of the GOP and Trump administration.

But again, besides the point. Being a bad person isn't grounds for losing your life, nor is what happened in this situation. The cop f*cked up in this situation. Not murder, but the death is clearly a mistake that she made.

Nah that's your side it's how your side even exist. Everytime a lifelong criminal gets killed by the police.... "whoa let's go riot and steal some shoes" Were ignore the fact he's a life long criminal and that 13% of the population consistently make up over half the violent crimes every year and just act like black people are being hunted. The leaders of BLM push this narrative while becoming millionaires because sheep like you buy into this bullshit.

Now did the cop screw up? Yes. Did the boy deserve to die today? No. But ask yourself what the reason was. Is it because she was a white supremacists in a badge who felt like killing a black kid today? Or was it because she was an incompetent scared person with a badge who severely screwed up. If the answer is the latter then maybe you should leave the Nikes's on the shelf.

Meanwhile Russia is on the verge of starting WW3 with the Ukraine but somehow this is the top story in the US because the race Hustlers need another home.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Silentchief

@girlusocrazy: She deserves criticism and probably a manslaughter charge as well. However burning down cities and running with the innocent black people are being hunted argument is a tired and false narrative.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1397 Posts

First of all:

"Brooklyn Center Police Chief Tim Gannon said he believed"

Believed?

Secondly, the perp didn't simply run away, he got back into his car, what he shoudn't have done.

Third, not least: Unarmed?

That girl that got shot recently was unarmed too, until she resisted arrest, ran from the cop who found drugs on her, got back into her car where she got tased first, she then pulled a gun from the glove compartment and started shooting, hitting the cop, the cop shot back and now she is dead.

It seems people believe police officers have a seventh sense that let them feel if someone is armed...

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2140 Posts

@silentchief said:

He an ran from the police with a warrant out on him.

Oh, just like the shithead who killed 8 people then? Wonder why that one was not killed on the spot if that is the go to move in those situations.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Eoten
@rmpumper said:
@silentchief said:

He an ran from the police with a warrant out on him.

Oh, just like the shithead who killed 8 people then? Wonder why that one was not killed on the spot if that is the go to move in those situations.

Because police don't do executions. At some point, that shooter actually surrendered to police and followed the orders given. You're trying to draw equivalencies where there are none to try to paint some thug as a victim, or to spread racial division. Get real.

Maybe stop telling people that police are always at fault and pretend you have some kind of right to run away when you're being lawfully stopped, and people will have a little more respect, and survive long enough to see the judge. Fighting back, running away when there's a warrant out on you is the dumbest shit a person can do.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Seeing people who are always so concerned about the dangers of government and guns rights, defending police murdering a person because that person might have a gun is tragically hilarious.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1397 Posts

The stupidity people like to display defending criminals and their activities isn't hilarious at all. It is quiet concerning how indoctrinated folk fall for fraudsters en mass...

BLM founder is branded a FRAUD after buying a $1.4 m

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9456145/amp/Shell-pick-white-people-complain-BLM-founder-buys-1-4M-LA-home.html

So unaware they are, they dont even recorgnize nazi terminology...

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts

Minneapolis is my hometown. Sucks.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@palasta said:

It seems people believe police officers have a seventh sense that let them feel if someone is armed...

Police officers should NOT use lethal force unless their lives/lives of other's are threatened. And certainly shouldn't be given the okay to murder at will because some might be armed.