(CBS Poll) Trump's State of the Union (Rep) 97% (Dem) 43% (Ind) 72% Approve of Speech

• 115 results
airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

https://twitter.com/SalvantoCBS/status/958556587626516480

Trump will definitely get a second term, especially with 43% of Dems and 72% of Independents approving of the SOTU speech.

Liberals, SJWs, Feminists, you should be...

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

That seems unlikely. I do not think other polls will reflect these findings.

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

@kittennose said:

That seems unlikely. I do not think other polls will reflect these findings.

It's a CBS poll. CBS is a total left wing news organization.

I would expect other polls to show even higher numbers of approval, if not similar.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KittenNose

@airraidjet: Not claiming CBS is skewing the numbers, I just think other polls will get very different numbers.

Though I will agree with you on one thing: If I am wrong the democratic party is going to panic. I honestly thought 75% of democrats would rather take a beating then agree with trump. Heck the NBC coverage post rebuttal was complaining that it was impossible to work with trump without the democratic base revolting.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

I thought Trump supporters didn't give two cares about polls. Now you do when it works for you? Hypocrites.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17660 Posts

Can’t blame people for having a good sense of humor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Boring speech and he really benefits from having absolutely zero expectations from others. Whenever Trump does something moderately competent and presidential he gets lavished with praise.

Did Van Jones come out and praise him yet?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

I thought Trump supporters didn't give two cares about polls. Now you do when it works for you? Hypocrites.

Polls are dependent on who you ask. Just like the polls said that Hillary Hillary would win by double digits. Polls really aren't very dependable.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

You mean the pack of lies speech?

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

@JimB said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Polls are dependent on who you ask. Just like the polls said that Hillary Hillary would win by double digits. Polls really aren't very dependable.

Pretty much this. If polls were to be believed, Hillary would have won the election in a landslide. Since last year's election I give zero credence to polls. Of all people, Trump knows this.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
@sayyy-gaa said:
@JimB said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Pretty much this. If polls were to be believed, Hillary would have won the election in a landslide. Since last year's election I give zero credence to polls. Of all people, Trump knows this.

That's a technicality. The polls would have been correct if we don't throw the EC in. You can't blame the polls for that.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

nobody watched it so the margin of error is off the charts

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12575 Posts

Can't believe people, Americans especially, are complaining about this speech. It wasn't one sided. It was purely patriotic. The gang thing was a bit much to keep going on about though.(There's gangs that are American citizens too). It was obvious he read from an teleprompter, but it was still his personality that came out.(For good or bad). The people just sitting there looking pissed was irritating. If a Democrat was up there saying the exact same things they'd be cheering... Either you're American or you're not. Sick of the politics.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: 23 million viewers... 19% more than Obama's last one.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

Can't believe people, Americans especially, are complaining about this speech. It wasn't one sided. It was purely patriotic. The gang thing was a bit much to keep going on about though.(There's gangs that are American citizens too). It was obvious he read from an teleprompter, but it was still his personality that came out.(For good or bad). The people just sitting there looking pissed was irritating. If a Democrat was up there saying the exact same things they'd be cheering... Either you're American or you're not. Sick of the politics.

speaking personally I am waiting for the tapes or an apology for using the office of the presidency to intimidate a U.S. Citizen by lying.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TryIt

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/viewers-approve-of-trumps-first-state-of-the-union-address-cbs-news-poll/

its now 25% not 43%

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sayyy-gaa

@joshrmeyer said:

Either you're American or you're not. Sick of the politics.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

joking aside I very seriously do not know how people can watch it without getting ill.

let me explain. To me, the office of the presidency is supposed to be the most proffesional, honorable, respectable position there is. A person should hold that position should be one of high character. I dont have to agree on policy for at least be of standing character

I have always found 'The Apprentice' to be a low brow ridiculous show and rather insulting to peoples intelligence. I have also always found Trump well before he was 'The Apprentice' to be a tacky lying c****

so speaking personally I dont know how people can stomach it,

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoshRMeyer

@sayyy-gaa: Yup, that's what I said. My comment was to Tryit, since he's making it look like Americans didn't tune in to watch it. Not sure if these numbers included internet streaming, like YouTube or how it works... It's kind of a sad number in relative to how many Americans there are. I know most of my friends were playing Monster Hunter instead of watching it. I had to DVR it so I could finish watching a hockey game lol.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: Huh? Must be news I missed.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: Trump's appeal is the no nonsense approach he has. I think a lot of Americans are sick of sending money to other countries, when we need that money here. It's like a wealthy family donating money to the need but not being able to put their kid through college. Helping other people is great, but focus on your own family first(aka Americans). Also, Trump is easy to understand.(His speeches). That Kennedy guy talked like Obama. Trying too much to sound intelligent, and stopping mid sentence for a pause like William Shatner.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: Trump's appeal is the no nonsense approach he has. I think a lot of Americans are sick of sending money to other countries, when we need that money here. It's like a wealthy family donating money to the need but not being able to put their kid through college. Helping other people is great, but focus on your own family first(aka Americans). Also, Trump is easy to understand.(His speeches). That Kennedy guy talked like Obama. Trying too much to sound intelligent, and stopping mid sentence for a pause like William Shatner.

I have always found him disgusting. I do not see him as a role model of a leader at all. He is and has always been a bully, a liar and a taker and those are NOT the attributes we want running a country in my opinion. It does however, validate my opinion of humanity itself as rather hopeless.

and the very fact that most americans are clueless that 'running the country like a business' means DICTATORSHIP

and here is a random quote from him waaay before he was even a serious candidate:

"I have a great relationship with the blacks'

people voted for that?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: Huh? Must be news I missed.

what is that? you already forgot 'better hope there are not any tapes'?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: I don't get the black comment. If he said he has a great relationship with the blacks, Latinos, Orientals, etc, would that be better? My grandfather said odd stuff like that all the time but he wasn't at all racist. Guess he just grew up in a different time period and hasn't figured out that people don't want to be labeled by their skin color(or do blacks? I can't really tell anymore). I'm not getting why you and people really care about Trump's character? I just want to see results. And America has been a bully and taker and possibly a liar throughout history. So he epitomizes America in a way. America is no push-over country(well it shouldn't be). Anyways, maybe focus less on Trump personally and more on what actually gets done the next 3 years... Then ya got all the right in the world to judge him(unless you really just hate him personally and don't care what he accomplishes, then go at it lol).

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: I don't get the black comment. If he said he has a great relationship with the blacks, Latinos, Orientals, etc, would that be better? My grandfather said odd stuff like that all the time but he wasn't at all racist. Guess he just grew up in a different time period and hasn't figured out that people don't want to be labeled by their skin color(or do blacks? I can't really tell anymore). I'm not getting why you and people really care about Trump's character? I just want to see results. And America has been a bully and taker and possibly a liar throughout history. So he epitomizes America in a way. America is no push-over country(well it shouldn't be). Anyways, maybe focus less on Trump personally and more on what actually gets done the next 3 years... Then ya got all the right in the world to judge him(unless you really just hate him personally and don't care what he accomplishes, then go at it lol).

'the blacks' is a divisive statement.

'I have a good relationship with the whites'

its coming from a position of division along racial lines. if one is going to be a public figure moving forward toward more racial common ground they likely should not talk like your grandfather.

so if you 'get along with someone' the color of their skin doesnt matter. its not like you are getting along with someone from a different group. becuase that group parasing thinking is the core of the problem

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: I think of blacks as a culture thing. Not a bad thing at all. I was raised in an area where you had black communities, Greek communities, Cuban communities, Vietnamese communities... It was pretty cool. I get your point though... No one can argue that Trump has/does/and will continue saying dumb things. I guess I try to look past that. I really don't think he's racist, where he thinks one race is better than another.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: I think of blacks as a culture thing. Not a bad thing at all. I was raised in an area where you had black communities, Greek communities, Cuban communities, Vietnamese communities... It was pretty cool. I get your point though... No one can argue that Trump has/does/and will continue saying dumb things. I guess I try to look past that. I really don't think he's racist, where he thinks one race is better than another.

picture if Obama said 'I have a great relationship with the whites'

now be honest and dont reply to that suggestion, just think about it...honestly.

but regardless I can find more examples of major hints of his disgusting well before he was elected if you like, there is a TON to choose from.

That is why I can not watch him speak as president, its really makes me ill for the office of the presidency.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@tryit: I'm gonna reply lol... When I describe someone around here where I live now, and they are black, that's an adjective I use because it narrows it down to about 5% of the population here. America is something like 20% black? So using that term doesn't seem wrong to me. Whites aren't a minority in this country so it'd be a little odd for Obama to say that. In counties where whites are a minority, I'm sure they are described as "the whites". Like I said... Blacks can mean a culture, not just a skin color. So it's how you use it also.

Just curious; Are you Black? I can ask that right? Lol. If you are, I think I can understand where you're coming from better.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: I think he's also said he has a great relationship with the Latino community. How come that doesn't bother you? I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. He isn't degrading them for being a different race.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: I'm gonna reply lol... When I describe someone around here where I live now, and they are black...

that doesnt answer my question though.

I am asking you picture if Obama said 'I have a great relationship with the whites'

you know damn well as good as I do that the standards are different. So what would have happened if Obama said 'I have a great realtionship with the Whites'

I am not asking to be abstract so you can change it to 'the blacks' I am asking you point blank and specifically what would have happened if Obama (a president, not a common person) said 'I have a great realtionship with the Whites'. not something else that could be argued to be kinda similar

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: I think he's also said he has a great relationship with the Latino community. How come that doesn't bother you? I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. He isn't degrading them for being a different race.

I have 'a great realtionship with the latino community' is different that 'the blacks' however that said, everyone on the planet knows he doesnt have either.

so what the F is he even talking about?

and if Obama said 'I have a great relationship with the whites' all hell would have broken loose I assure you

so moving on...how about this one:

“They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

here is another one:

"Jeb Bush has to like the Mexican Illegals because of his wife.”

wtf people?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: I have no clue. I don't even picture Obama black for some reason lol. Personally if he said that I'd probably laugh. It's good to have some humor. When I worked in downtown Nashville, I was the minority and called all kinds of things like the white guy, or whitey etc. No big thing.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KittenNose

@tryit said:
So what would have happened if Obama said 'I have a great realtionship with the Whites'

Fox news would have found an excuse to pretend it mattered. Sane people would have rolled their eyes. Heck Obama got a free pass on actual bigotry. Silly to claim white America would have gone crazy because he said 'the whites'.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

And the lowest approval rating after an address.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@LJS9502_basic: Depends on which poll you use.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:
So what would have happened if Obama said 'I have a great realtionship with the Whites'

Fox news would have found an excuse to pretend it mattered. Sane people would have rolled their eyes. Heck Obama got a free pass on actual bigotry. Silly to claim white America would have gone crazy because he said 'the whites'.

nope...

everyone would have gone nuts and he woudl not have won the election. There is a REASON you have never heard him say anything remotely close to that. and no 'could have been my son' does not come anywhere near to 'i have a good realtionship with the whites'

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@tryit: I'm gonna assume he is referring to illegal immigrants when referring to the drugs, rape, etc thing. They come over illegally, so they are already criminals. Legal immigration is a different matter. I don't think he was saying legal immigrants are rapist, drug smugglers, etc. I don't like how he worded that either but a very simple point is made: No more illegal immigration. Gotta spend money on better security and have harsher penalties. Other countries are way worse about punishment than we are.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KittenNose

@tryit said:

nope...

everyone would have gone nuts and he woudl not have won the election. There is a REASON you have never heard him say anything remotely close to that. and no 'could have been my son' does not come anywhere near to 'i have a good realtionship with the whites'

That is asinine speculation, particularly since he got a free pass on actual bigotry.

Anyone who would have flipped out because he said "I have a good relationship with the whites" wasn't voting for him in the first place. It would be more then fair to argue that Obama would never have been elected if he wasn't the finest orator of an entire generation, but this line of reasoning is just silly.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: You point about Obama and "the whites" is getting stale. We can only speak for ourselves, but I don't think the majority of America would really get upended over that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: I'm gonna assume he is referring to illegal immigrants when referring to the drugs, rape, etc thing. They come over illegally, so they are already criminals. Legal immigration is a different matter. I don't think he was saying legal immigrants are rapist, drug smugglers, etc. I don't like how he worded that either but a very simple point is made: No more illegal immigration. Gotta spend money on better security and have harsher penalties. Other countries are way worse about punishment than we are.

Not all illegal immigrants are involved with drugs nor rapists. That's bigotry and racism speaking.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

illegal immigrants are NOT so much rapests that he could say that and be remotely accurate.

and what is up with 'because of his wife'

really?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

nope...

That is asinine speculation, particularly since he got a free pass on actual bigotry.

Anyone who would have flipped out because he said "I have a good relationship with the whites" wasn't voting for him in the first place. It would be more then fair to argue that Obama would never have been elected if he wasn't the finest orator of an entire generation, but this line of reasoning is just silly.

he got a free pass of actual bigotry you say?

please give examples, starting with him saying something even remotely similar to 'get have a great realtionship with the whites'

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: "I have 'a great realtionship with the latino community' is different that 'the blacks' however that said, everyone on the planet knows he doesnt have either."

Curious how that's different. Two minority groups making up roughly the same population of Americans. Maybe he should have said he had a great relationship with the Black community... They do exist lol. Again, nothing wrong with that. Whites are mutts from all over. We(whites) don't really have a community. Curious what you call a black and white couples baby... White or Black? And why? Answer's obvious.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: You point about Obama and "the whites" is getting stale. We can only speak for ourselves, but I don't think the majority of America would really get upended over that.

frankly I dont care if it makes you uncomfortable and you know I am right.

If Obama said anything like 'I have a great relationship with the whites' that it would be very different then what Trump said and that is why he has never said anything remotely close to something like that.

but your just prooving my point about my view of humanity

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: "I have 'a great realtionship with the latino community' is different that 'the blacks' however that said, everyone on the planet knows he doesnt have either."

Curious how that's different. Two minority groups making up roughly the same population of Americans. Maybe he should have said he had a great relationship with the Black community... They do exist lol. Again, nothing wrong with that. Whites are mutts from all over. We(whites) don't really have a community. Curious what you call a black and white couples baby... White or Black? And why? Answer's obvious.

yes its different BUT..its by no stretch of the imagaintion remotely as serious as the other points being made or the long list of quotes from him.

the deal breaker for me was 'better hope there arent any tapes' that is completely and totally inexcusable

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: I don't think you're right! Geez man. I just said I don't think the majority would care! READ! You sound like a paranoid minority that thinks everyone is against you for your skin color. I asked if you are black and you didn't reply. This isn't 1950. Yeah there's still some small hate racist groups out there in the woods. But by far the majority of Americans don't care if your white, black, yellow, red, orange(lol) etc.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sayyy-gaa

@joshrmeyer said:

smh...you truly believe that in your heart of hearts? Dude, there is no greater narrative in the history of this country than race. None. And you don't think a black man occupying the highest office in the country would get vitriol for referring to all white people as "the whites"?

Don't assume the entire country has your sensibilities.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@sayyy-gaa: Why would it bother someone to be called "white"? I am white. Call me white all you want. Too many oversensitive people in here. Gonna leave it at that.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: I don't think you're right! Geez man. I just said I don't think the majority would care! READ! You sound like a paranoid minority that thinks everyone is against you for your skin color. I asked if you are black and you didn't reply. This isn't 1950. Yeah there's still some small hate racist groups out there in the woods. But by far the majority of Americans don't care if your white, black, yellow, red, orange(lol) etc.

I am white and I have little idea where the F you are going with all this.

look the President of the United States job is to find common ground. now no matter how benign you think the statement is and no matter how much in your mind you think its common for 'the blacks' to say the same thing about 'the whites. .What matters is it is divisive by its very basic format and a president should not be doing that.

BUT AGAIN...there are HUNDERDS of these statements, are we going to dissect each one of them?

should we start with the president of the united states tweeting a meme of CNN getting rip by a wrestler? or the tweet where he lied to threaten a US citizen? take your pick