(CBS Poll) Trump's State of the Union (Rep) 97% (Dem) 43% (Ind) 72% Approve of Speech

• 115 results
JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12575 Posts

@sayyy-gaa: Just gonna add... I think times have changed where race doesn't matter like it did 50 years ago or 250 years ago. Gays are the norm now also. America has progressed, at least that's how I see it.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@sayyy-gaa: Just gonna add... I think times have changed where race doesn't matter like it did 50 years ago or 250 years ago. Gays are the norm now also. America has progressed, at least that's how I see it.

so why the F is trump bothering to say anything about how good he has a realtionship with the blacks.

black people never feel like they need to say how good their realtionship is with the whites. if its not an issue then what the F is he going on about?

The day we get there is the day when 'the blacks' which is a grouping statement would seem silly

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: Well hey, I'll agree the President shouldn't be doing any of that. I just don't see it as much of a big deal as you do. Differing sensitivities I guess. Like I said, I'm just looking for what he accomplishes. That's all that really matters enough to me to waste my time criticizing him over.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

The pic the TC posted in this thread accurately describes many people in this thread.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: Well hey, I'll agree the President shouldn't be doing any of that. I just don't see it as much of a big deal as you do. Differing sensitivities I guess. Like I said, I'm just looking for what he accomplishes. That's all that really matters enough to me to waste my time criticizing him over.

he I was his boss and he made a comment about tapes like he did an din the context of his position at my company, I would have fired him so fast he wouldnt have time to get all his things.

but as we pointed out a long time ago, we simply disagree and I very seriously doubt with this guy we would ever in a million years come eye to eye.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@tryit said:

he got a free pass of actual bigotry you say?

please give examples, starting with him saying something even remotely similar to 'get have a great realtionship with the whites'

I cant give you examples of bigotry similar to that quote, as that isn't an example of bigotry.

Obama's record on homosexuals and Hispanics is however filled with actual bigotry.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

he got a free pass of actual bigotry you say?

please give examples, starting with him saying something even remotely similar to 'get have a great realtionship with the whites'

I cant give you examples of bigotry similar to that quote, as that isn't an example of bigotry.

Obama's record on homosexuals and Hispanics is however filled with actual bigotry.

no can you give me any examples at all of bigotry regardless of the quote it appears from your predictable response.

show me...hmm and for the intrest of sanity...homosexuals is not a race so lets keep it simple and keep it on race shall we?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

All it takes is one good speech to win the re-election?

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 KittenNose

@tryit said:

no can you give me any examples at all of bigotry regardless of the quote it appears from your predictable response.

show me...hmm and for the intrest of sanity...homosexuals is not a race so lets keep it simple and keep it on race shall we?

Yeah no. "The whites" is not an example of bigotry. Considering homosexuals morally repugnant is. Same goes for his treatment of Hispanics.

There is no way to argue that someone who gets a free pass on genuine bigotry would have had their career destroyed the silly phrase in question. Someone has to go out of their way to consider "the whites" offensive.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

Yeah no. "The whites" is not an example of bigotry. Considering homosexuals morally repugnant is. Same goes for his treatment of Hispanics.

There is no way to argue that someone who gets a free pass on genuine bigotry would have had their career destroyed the silly phrase in question. Someone has to go out of their way to consider "the whites" offensive.

you can not provide an single example of Obama being a bigot.

and yes i did notice how you focused on the word 'bigot' so you could sneak in homosexuality into a dicussion about race AND as predicted didnt provide and example of well..anything at all

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@tryit said:
@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

and yes i did notice how you focused on the word 'bigot' so you could sneak in homosexuality into a dicussion about race AND as predicted didnt provide and example of well..anything at all

I don't think he ever backs up his claims

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TryIt

@deeliman said:
@tryit said:
@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

I don't think he ever backs up his claims

and people do that a lot. not sure what is going thru their heads when they do that. do they think the person will just forget their own question within 5 mins?

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 KittenNose

@tryit said:

His record on homosexuality and the treatment of Hispanic people under his administration are examples of open bigotry. Far better examples then "the whites."

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

His record on homosexuality and the treatment of Hispanic people under his administration are examples of open bigotry. Far better examples then "the whites."

what is going thru your mind exactly when you think that is a response anyone who has read our exchange would remotely accept as not trollish?

please cite evidence

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By KittenNose
@tryit said:

what is going thru your mind exactly when you think that is a response anyone who has read our exchange would remotely accept as not trollish?

please cite evidence

Fine, I will bite even though both are common knowledge.

An example of Obama's bigotry against homosexuals that far outstrips "the whites" is easy: "I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God's in the mix."

An example of Obama's bigotry against Hispanics that far outstrips "the whites" is also easy: Link

Now, support your arguments from now on. Provide some evidence that Obama would have lost the election if he said: "The whites."

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

please cite evidence

Fine, I will bite even though both are common knowledge.

An example of Obama's bigotry against homosexuals that far outstrips "the whites" is easy: "I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God's in the mix."

An example of Obama's bigotry against Hispanics that far outstrips "the whites" is also easy: Link

Now, support your arguments from now on. Provide some evidence that Obama would have lost the election if he said: "The whites."

so let me make sure we all get this right.

in your mind

'I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God's in the mix'

is more 'bigotry' then saying

'I have a good realtionship with The Whites'

I think we are at a complete and total impass, we have nothing to share with each other sorry. but to be clear for the record I dont for a second believe that you actually believe that . I think you are ...what do they call it...oh yea...liying

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 KittenNose

@tryit said:

in your mind

'I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God's in the mix'

I think we are at a complete and total impass, we have nothing to share with each other sorry. but to be clear for the record I dont for a second believe that you actually believe that . I think you are ...what do they call it...oh yea...liying

Yeah I sort of expected that would be your reaction to the requested examples.

Enjoy deluded hypocrisy.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

I’ll never get tired of winning

#Trump2020

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

in your mind

Yeah I sort of expected that would be your reaction to the requested examples.

Enjoy deluded hypocrisy.

lol...I wonder why you so expertly predicted that I felt that was an impass and that I think you are lying that you see it that way.

as a side note I think the state should get out of ALL marriages so in many respects what he said has nothing at all to do with policy. he is just stating is personal blief not suggesting policy needs to change either way because of it. so ironically I to am technically 'against gay marriage' how about them apples

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

Trump talks tough in regards to boasting his bigotry, but actions speak louder than words. Obama deported more illegals than Trump ever did. Obama is a bigot, let's not kid ourselves. Trump WISHES he could be as bigoted as Obama.

Edit: Maybe it is this jealousy that drives Trump's hatred towards him :P

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 taylor12702003
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

Tryit loves trump.He just loves Bama a little more.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 KittenNose

@tryit: You are no longer perusing the conversation, remember?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TryIt

@kittennose said:

@tryit: You are no longer perusing the conversation, remember?

thanks for reminding me!

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TryIt

@taylor12702003 said:

that was pretty weak but I am curious what else you have to say

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TryIt

@Maroxad said:

Trump talks tough in regards to boasting his bigotry, but actions speak louder than words. Obama deported more illegals than Trump ever did. Obama is a bigot, let's not kid ourselves. Trump WISHES he could be as bigoted as Obama.

does it really matter if obama is a biogot or not?

are you saying in effect 'your guy is just as bad as my guy which makes what my guy does alright'

how is obama bigotry relevant?

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 KittenNose

@tryit said:

are you saying in effect 'your guy is just as bad as my guy which makes what my guy does alright'

I don't know, ask Tryit? "picture if Obama said 'I have a great relationship with the whites'"

What recreational supplement is responsible for this euphoric disregard? I wish to share the experience.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

I don't know, ask Tryit? "picture if Obama said 'I have a great relationship with the whites'"

What recreational supplement is responsible for this euphoric disregard? I wish to share the experience.

again...how is Obamas bigotry either way related to Trump?

my observation of that picture was NOT implying that Obama is not a bigot. it was illustrating that if a black man said what trump said in the inverse in that position of office the reaction would be very different.

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 taylor12702003

@tryit said:
@taylor12702003 said:

I was just joking. Reading these forums can be entertaining.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TryIt

@taylor12702003 said:
@tryit said:
@taylor12702003 said:

I see so you wanted to try and make it personal and single out some posters on a personal level? is that what I am getting? or did I just miss the joke?

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 KittenNose

@tryit said:

my observation of that picture was NOT implying that Obama is not a bigot. it was illustrating that if a black man said what trump said in the inverse in that position of office the reaction would be very different.

You brought Obama into the conversation, and offered positions predicated on imagined Obama bigotry. Dropping the imaginary aspect of an argument isn't generally considered a radical shift.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

You brought Obama into the conversation, and offered positions predicated on imagined Obama bigotry. Dropping the imaginary aspect of an argument isn't generally considered a radical shift.

but his ACTUAL bigotry has nothing whatsoever remotely to do with my point. He could be the most biogited person on the planet and the point of my exercise and point would not be changed in the slightest.

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 taylor12702003

@tryit said:
@taylor12702003 said:
@tryit said:
@taylor12702003 said:

I see so you wanted to try and make it personal and single out some posters on a personal level? is that what I am getting? or did I just miss the joke?

No, wow you are very sensitive. Calm down buddy.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By KittenNose

@tryit: You are now complaining that people are inflicting reality upon your imagination.

That seems like a perfectly valid reason to exit a conversation, so have fun with whatever you are enjoying. I intend to reach similar states of mind later this evening.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TryIt

@taylor12702003 said:
@tryit said:
@taylor12702003 said:
@tryit said:
@taylor12702003 said:

what makes you think I am sensitive? I am just trying to understand the approach action you feel is the proper approach here.

are you demonstrating a moral high ground by example so that others will be attracted to your leadership direction?

or is it something else?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TryIt

@kittennose said:

@tryit: You are now complaining that people are inflicting reality upon your imagination.

That seems like a perfectly valid reason to exit a conversation, so have fun with whatever you are enjoying. I intend to reach similar states of mind later this evening.

its not related at all whatsoever.

so that you can get passed it just replace my question with (a black man) instead of 'Obama' and work thru it

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By taylor12702003

@tryit: Nevermind

@tryit said:
@taylor12702003 said:
@tryit said:
@taylor12702003 said:

what makes you think I am sensitive? I am just trying to understand the approach action you feel is the proper approach here.

are you demonstrating a moral high ground by example so that others will be attracted to your leadership direction?

or is it something else?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 TryIt

@joshrmeyer

@kittennose

I think what this thread today clearly illustrates is this.

you can take Trumps lets all hold hands and sing together speech from last night and shove it up your :)

so there is that.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#88 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

To be fair, this is the first time Trump acted like a mature president. I do give his speech high praise, for being motivational toward his base. But i highly disagree with everything he says, plus he's a class A+ liar.

My grade is F+ for the lies, stupidity behind it.

Alternative is C+ for the effort not to be a crazy clown cheeto again.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sayyy-gaa said:
@JimB said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

I thought Trump supporters didn't give two cares about polls. Now you do when it works for you? Hypocrites.

Polls are dependent on who you ask. Just like the polls said that Hillary Hillary would win by double digits. Polls really aren't very dependable.

Pretty much this. If polls were to be believed, Hillary would have won the election in a landslide. Since last year's election I give zero credence to polls. Of all people, Trump knows this.

That's a technicality. The polls would have been correct if we don't throw the EC in. You can't blame the polls for that.

I can and will.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#90 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I guess Americans like being lied to.

Not an SJW, but I know bullshit when I see it.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

You sound like a commie.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#92 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@n64dd said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

You sound like a commie.

Literally taking credit for this.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

Right, because racism just ended as soon as we passed the Civil Rights Act. Let's never mind that George Wallace ran for President on a pro-segregation platform in 1976 (less than fifty years ago) and was governor of Alabama until 1987 (also less than fifty years ago). Let's never mind the fact that forced busing was approved by the Supreme Court in 1970 (less than fifty years ago), continued throughout the eighties (also less than fifty years ago), and is still used to attempt to desegregate school districts to this day. Or how about when five black men were convicted of rape based on shoddy evidence and police work and sent to prison in 1989 (less than fifty years ago)? Or the time that we elected someone to be president who unapologetically called for those men's deaths (that was 2016, for the record, also less than fifty years ago). How about the time that a black kid was shot by police while playing with a toy gun (2014, less than fifty years ago), or the time a black man was choked to death in broad daylight (2014, also less than fifty years ago)? Redlining was still a common practice until it was outlawed in 1975, and even then continued underground (1975 is also less than fifty years ago). African Americans in 2018 are more likely to be incarcerated, more likely to face housing discrimination, more likely to be passed over for hiring or promotion, more likely to face harsher punishments for similar crimes, more likely to be killed by police. 2018 is, by the way, less than fifty years ago. If you think race doesn't matter then you're not paying attention.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

People in this thread are debating the validity of what he said? I assumed we'd all known it was a crock as of his utterance of the phrase "beautiful clean coal."

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 JoshRMeyer

@theone86: Maybe you should go back 50+ years and see how much worse it was... Progress doesn't mean it's completely gone. Nice cherry picking towards the end there. White people get shot by the police also. Yes, per capita more blacks are in prison. I guess that's just because they're black? Lol And yes, there are still injustices out there. I've got turned down for jobs in the past because the company had to meet a quota of blacks or minorities. It goes both ways. Funny thing is, whites have provisions also... Tennessee State University gives whites scholarships because there's so many blacks in that college lol. I laugh because I don't see how any skin color should matter. But I'm not everyone I guess.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts
@Maroxad said:

Deporting illegals is not in and of itself bigotry. Now making statements calling Hispanic illegals rapists and drug dealers is indeed bigotry. Don't play fast and loose with terms.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@theone86: Maybe you should go back 50+ years and see how much worse it was... Progress doesn't mean it's completely gone. Nice cherry picking towards the end there. White people get shot by the police also. Yes, per capita more blacks are in prison. I guess that's just because they're black? Lol And yes, there are still injustices out there. I've got turned down for jobs in the past because the company had to meet a quota of blacks or minorities. It goes both ways. Funny thing is, whites have provisions also... Tennessee State University gives whites scholarships because there's so many blacks in that college lol. I laugh because I don't see how any skin color should matter. But I'm not everyone I guess.

Oh, so because things got better that means race doesn't matter? Please, no. And that's not even the point. The point was that you said race hasn't been important for fifty years, and I gave you myriad examples of race-based discrimination within the past fifty years. Are you going to keep trying to detract, or are you going to put on your big boy pants and admit you were wrong?

African-Americans are more likely to be stopped by police for minor violations. African-Americans are more likely to receive harsher sentences than whites for similar crimes. African-Americans are more likely to live in high crime, low opportunity neighborhoods (again, thanks to blatantly racist policies that turned those neighborhoods into slums and forced racial minorities into them). African-Americans are more likely to be perceived by the police (and everyone else for that matter) as a threat. African-Americans have less access to good schools and after school programs. When you add all this up, yes, absolutely the reason many of them are in jail is because they're black. If white people who did the same things as them aren't in jail and they are then the reason they are in jail is because they're black.

Have you ever been turned down for a job because your name sounded funny? How about because your hair was too frizzy? Have you ever had to work twice as hard to get your foot in the door only to be called a "diversity hire," or been locked out of the social networks that can advance your career because you didn't have access to them going through school? No? Then I could care less about you being turned down to help diversity. African-Americans are underrepresented in just about every professional career, and you're crying about missing out on a job here or there? Please. That's the definition of self-victimization.

I know you don't see how it should matter, probably because you've never personally been on the receiving end of racial discrimination. And, since it doesn't matter to you, someone who's never experienced it before, it should obviously never matter to anyone else regardless of whether they've been on the receiving end or not. Educate yourself. Learn how systemic discrimination works. Read Evicted, The Color of Law, and The New Jim Crow, then come back and tell me race hasn't mattered for over fifty years.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 JoshRMeyer

@theone86: Wow... Touchy subject for you. Yeah I probably don't know what it's like and I won't pretend to. I see things through eyes that have never discriminated nor been discriminated against. But my post that you replied to was this:

"Just gonna add... I think times have changed where race doesn't matter like it did 50 years ago or 250 years ago.... America has progressed, at least that's how I see it."

Note the "like it did" part. I was saying it has gotten better. I was saying America has progressed. It's obviously not perfect yet, nor will ever be, but it's heading in the right direction, in my opinion. And please don't misinterprete this, but when someone, doesn't matter the color, dresses like a thug, I'm gonna assume that's how they want people to view them. Movies and music haven't helped the black community in my opinion. I think you know where I'm going with this... I know there are bad cops out there, but by far more good ones. Black cops shoot black people also so it's hard to say it's because they were black that they were shot. I think it has more to do with what neighborhood they are patrolling and if it's known for crime. Not trying to dismiss the examples you gave, because I do believe those were based on color. Well, this got off topic, so I gotta end the convo.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@LJS9502_basic: Do you really think Trump thinks every illegal is a rapist and drug dealer? Actually he says there's good ones too. But maybe a good portion of them are? Maybe Obama left him with statistics of who was deported and crimes they committed. Maybe Mexico has communicated this info with the U.S. before deportation. If they have nothing to hide, I'm not sure why they don't wait in line like everyone else that wants citizenship. Mexico isn't North Korea. I had actually considered living there at one time. The reason I'm saying that is if it were like n korea, I'd feel bad for these people, but as it is, if they don't like the city they live in, Mexico is a big country with nice cities they can move to.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17660 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: I don't get the black comment. If he said he has a great relationship with the blacks, Latinos, Orientals, etc, would that be better? My grandfather said odd stuff like that all the time but he wasn't at all racist. Guess he just grew up in a different time period and hasn't figured out that people don't want to be labeled by their skin color(or do blacks? I can't really tell anymore). I'm not getting why you and people really care about Trump's character? I just want to see results. And America has been a bully and taker and possibly a liar throughout history. So he epitomizes America in a way. America is no push-over country(well it shouldn't be). Anyways, maybe focus less on Trump personally and more on what actually gets done the next 3 years... Then ya got all the right in the world to judge him(unless you really just hate him personally and don't care what he accomplishes, then go at it lol).

I care about Trump's character because many people look up to leaders, especially the young. Would anyone be comfortable acting the way he does around their own kids? If the answer is no, then how can they justify supporting Trump, who is in a seat of such influence and power, which is supposed to be viewed and admired as a respectable position and seen as the greatest of achievements one can make? It's wonderful that the younger generation are being shown that they can gain just as much through the most disgusting, disrespectful, vile, and narcissistic behavior imaginable. It's not only alright, it's encouraged.

Trump's accomplishments will come and go, but the moral example he's choosing to set will linger in those that look to leadership as an example of how to act. If the president acts this way, why can't I?