A Texas couple wore face masks at a restaurant to protect their immunocompromised infant. The owner asked them to leave

• 88 results
Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts
@thenation said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/21/texas-restaurant-mask-ban/

https://www.henryherald.com/news/a-texas-couple-wore-face-masks-at-a-restaurant-to-protect-their-immunocompromised-infant-the/article_8c9a9484-5ade-5cfc-9199-8f35ad335342.html

https://www.kten.com/story/44781853/masked-parents-asked-to-leave-texas-restaurant

Sick. I dont want to hear shit about you being told to wear a mask when conservatives harrass people for wearing one. Take your hypocrisy elsewhere.

You do understand that people being asked to take them off in some establishments is in response to people being asked to wear them in others right? You do realize that a response to one action cannot be used as justification for the action that instigated the response in the first place?

To use an example you can better understand... If I were to punch you in the face, and you punched me back, does the fact you punched me back give me justification for punching you initially? The answer is no. So the hypocrisy here that a restaurant asking people to take masks off eliminates any right to complain when restaurants ask someone to put them on is completely bass ackwards logic.

You cheered for restaurants kicking people out for not wearing one. Well, that sets the precedent that it's okay for another restaurant to kick someone out for not taking one off. Unless of course, you're a hypocrite.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
@eoten said:

More likely, they heard around town this restaurant asks people to take their masks off and then decided to go there.

More likely you're making things up again. This is why we have division. People like you creating false information for an agenda.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Eoten
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

More likely, they heard around town this restaurant asks people to take their masks off and then decided to go there.

More likely you're making things up again. This is why we have division. People like you creating false information for an agenda.

If they were asked to take it off at the door, and put it back on, they were looking for confrontation on the matter. They were looking for their 15 minutes of fame. What a coincidence they just happened to find one of the few restaurants in town with a no-mask policy.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LJS9502_basic  Online

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

If they were asked to take it off at the door, and put it back on, they were looking for confrontation on the matter. They were looking for their 15 minutes of fame. What a coincidence they just happened to find one of the few restaurants in town with a no-mask policy.

You don't have all the facts. Got it. But stop lying about the events.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: He is making shit up so he can start a fight. Nothing new. Look at his reply to me, he loves to fight people and spread hypocrisy.

Masks and no masks is a False equivalence and he knows it. Crying about having to wear one while bullying people who do is hypocrisy.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Eoten
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

Really? Which facts am I missing exactly? What insider information is it that only you know? Do you have some proof otherwise? If they were told at the door to take it off, they did, but put it back on then they were deliberately and intentionally doing something they knew they weren't allowed to do.

They're not victims.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1394 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@palasta: Ah so you're going by the owner. He's not biased. They were asked at the door while their ID was being checked. You'd assume that was the reason. They weren't told they couldn't wear it at all inside.

I go by that what is written and makes sense. A bar restaurant with no-mask dress code will inform their guests when they enter. I highly doubt people get in, sit down and when they are about to order "Surprise No Mask Policy"!

The couple says they were out with friends, a group. It doesnt look like they included their company in their story, meaning they were left alone because they didnt wear masks anymore? Meaning the group they were a part of was made aware of the no mask policy, and the ones who didnt comply was the new parents.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1394 Posts
@eoten said:
@palasta said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@palasta said:

If the restaurant has a no-mask policy, they have a no-mask policy.

If the parents are so worried about their child, shouldnt they seek out restaurants with mask policy?

How do masks work again? When wearing a mask it doesnt protect you from getting covid, but an infected with mask will have a sufficient barrier to protect others.

There was no policy posted and they weren't told until they ordered. Pay attention.

I didnt claim anything to the contrary. Who has to pay attention here?

The couple was asked to take off the masks, they refused to comply. At what point they were informed isnt relevant.

Furthermore:

So when they put their masks on the other night, they were reminded that at the front to take it off. They didn’t want to, and so we asked them to leave,” the owner continued.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/09/18/rowlett-restaurant-owner-explains-no-mask-policy-after-asking-family-to-leave/

It seems they were asked twice. When they entered, then they took off the masks and put them back on again. The second reminder mentioning the not so polite manager makes more sense now.

Second part of my post was, the parents on one hand claiming they want to be extra precautios because of their child, but proceed to minimze the effectiveness of masks by mingling with people who are not as covid aware as they are.

They kinda look like the types, dont they....

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: Nope. Highly disagree. The masks do nothing to prevent the spread of the virus itself. Only when you're coughing do most of these masks prevent anything and that's droplets with the virus in it. From the sounds of it, America reached "heard immunity" with near 80% either being vaccinated or having natural antibodies from having Covid. Wearing a mask should be choice.

the masks don't do anything to prevent spread of virus? what nonsense is that? The chances of you catching covid while wearing a mask are tiny, not unless theres big holes in it. The problem is theres too many morons that don't wear a mask, or they think its safe once they're indoors at their workplace, when in fact thats the most dangerous place, or they invite extended family over to their homes thinking that family can't get covid and don't wear a mask around them. Stupidity all around.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Lemme get this straight.

They have an immunocompromised newborn at home.

So they wanted to go out to a restaurant and eat, but still protect their newborn at home. By wearing masks, which, if the science is to be believed, is actually to protect OTHERS from you, not the other way around.

I mean, this restaurant owner is being ridiculous and petty imo, and I hope he loses business for such a dumb policy. But it's his dumb policy to make, and these people's choice whether to eat there and comply, or go elsewhere.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

The couple are assholes as well in this story.

If they are so afraid for their kid, what the **** were they doing at a restaurant in the middle of a pandemic? Do they wear their masks 24/7 around the kid?

This sounds like a publicity stunt in order to get some sympathy bucks.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@rmpumper: Exactly. Nobody in this story has my sympathy except the baby.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: Nope. Highly disagree. The masks do nothing to prevent the spread of the virus itself. Only when you're coughing do most of these masks prevent anything and that's droplets with the virus in it. From the sounds of it, America reached "heard immunity" with near 80% either being vaccinated or having natural antibodies from having Covid. Wearing a mask should be choice.

Republicans touting their "freedoms" are idiots. (1) Supreme Court of US dealt with medical mandates 100 years ago. They're constitutional. (2) It's very rich Republicans tout freedoms when they're (a) anti-abortion, (b) gerrymandering experts, (c) they tell everyone what to do with their masks, (d) forcing small business to allow non-vaccinated, but then refusing to serve people wearing masks, (e) pro-voter ID, but no vaccine passport even though you need a driver's license or government issue id to enter a bar/pub/club regardless (f) this idea that the media etc. are wrong about the pandemic doesn't, you know, reconcile with the fact that every developed country on earth does not disagree with the data.

And so we're clear, I think the media are scumbags pushing an agenda and I think the government has mishandled the pandemic top to bottom, regardless of state or federal administration. Had they just come out and said, we know **** all about this virus, but wearing masks and social distancing work for everything else, I would've accepted it. I don't accept that I can go to Costco but can't go to a local restaurant. So I do understand the frustration. And I'm pissed off too.

Listen, I could go all day on this.

But to be fair, I will make the leftists know that their "woke", virtue signaling, identity politics, cancel culture nonsense, tax everyone to death, hypocrisy, is just as bad. @thenation@LJS9502_basic

Join me in the center. That's a good political slogan.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LJS9502_basic  Online

@sonic_spark: Either you have difficulty understanding what is posted or you're making up your own agenda. Either way since you clearly are ignorant of my political views then stop posting dishonesty. Arrogance is not a positive.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sonic_spark

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sonic_spark: Either you have difficulty understanding what is posted or you're making up your own agenda. Either way since you clearly are ignorant of my political views then stop posting dishonesty. Arrogance is not a positive.

My only view on politics is that I'm economically conservative, socially liberal. In some ways I'd describe myself as a centrist, in others a left-leaning libertarian (I know, in the minority on that.)

I think the Republican party are snakes and morons. They've done nothing but a disservice to Republican voters (I won't say conservative because I don't think Republicans own the term.) Though I hate guns, anti-abortion, and this dated view on America.

I think the Democratic party have lost their minds. I feel for Biden because he's moderate but he's surrounded by media and a very vocal progressive minority in the house that is nothing but a headache (woke, cancel culture, censorship, etc.) Their own worst enemies is how I would describe the current party.

I read the comments, and am familiar with the posts all of you made. I call what I see. If I've wrongfully assessed your political views, correct me.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Eoten

@sonic_spark said:
@Telekill said:

Republicans touting their "freedoms" are idiots. (1) Supreme Court of US dealt with medical mandates 100 years ago. They're constitutional. (2) It's very rich Republicans tout freedoms when they're (a) anti-abortion, (b) gerrymandering experts, (c) they tell everyone what to do with their masks, (d) forcing small business to allow non-vaccinated, but then refusing to serve people wearing masks, (e) pro-voter ID, but no vaccine passport even though you need a driver's license or government issue id to enter a bar/pub/club regardless (f) this idea that the media etc. are wrong about the pandemic doesn't, you know, reconcile with the fact that every developed country on earth does not disagree with the data.

And so we're clear, I think the media are scumbags pushing an agenda and I think the government has mishandled the pandemic top to bottom, regardless of state or federal administration. Had they just come out and said, we know **** all about this virus, but wearing masks and social distancing work for everything else, I would've accepted it. I don't accept that I can go to Costco but can't go to a local restaurant. So I do understand the frustration. And I'm pissed off too.

Listen, I could go all day on this.

But to be fair, I will make the leftists know that their "woke", virtue signaling, identity politics, cancel culture nonsense, tax everyone to death, hypocrisy, is just as bad. @thenation@LJS9502_basic

Join me in the center. That's a good political slogan.

So much fail in your post I don't know where to start. Equating a vaccine passport which segregates half the country from the rest to voter identification? You can't be serious. Vaccine mandates 100 years ago were on a state by state bases written by and voted on by state legislatures, not by executive decree. Democrats gerrymander just as often as Republicans, if you think democrat redistricting isn't done in a manner that helps them win elections, youre deluded. And again, you try comparing executive degrees against mask mandates to the decision of individual businesses. There's a pretty fucking big difference there kid.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:
@palasta said:

If the restaurant has a no-mask policy, they have a no-mask policy.

If the parents are so worried about their child, shouldnt they seek out restaurants with mask policy?

How do masks work again? When wearing a mask it doesnt protect you from getting covid, but an infected with mask will have a sufficient barrier to protect others.

There was no policy posted and they weren't told until they ordered. Pay attention.

To be fair, that's not entirely clear from the wording of the article:

While the ban isn’t posted anywhere in writing, the hostess asks everyone who enters with a mask to take it off, Blackmer told The Post.

Wester, 23, said that’s what happened the night they came in, but she thought it was so the hostess could compare their faces to the photos on their IDs,a misunderstanding that may have been exacerbated because loud live music was playing. After they made their way into the restaurant, Wester and her husband, 25-year-old Jose Lopez, put the masks back on, met some friends and ordered drinks and an appetizer.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8209 Posts

This isn't news or politics.

Sounds like fodder for chumps to read and bicker about for clicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Still waiting for eoten and the rest of the farm to show the same anger when people refuse to wear them. Wont happen.

I see people go into places masks are required all the time and not get kicked out. That owner needs his business harmed by this.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic  Online

@sonic_spark said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

My only view on politics is that I'm economically conservative, socially liberal. In some ways I'd describe myself as a centrist, in others a left-leaning libertarian (I know, in the minority on that.)

I think the Republican party are snakes and morons. They've done nothing but a disservice to Republican voters (I won't say conservative because I don't think Republicans own the term.) Though I hate guns, anti-abortion, and this dated view on America.

I think the Democratic party have lost their minds. I feel for Biden because he's moderate but he's surrounded by media and a very vocal progressive minority in the house that is nothing but a headache (woke, cancel culture, censorship, etc.) Their own worst enemies is how I would describe the current party.

I read the comments, and am familiar with the posts all of you made. I call what I see. If I've wrongfully assessed your political views, correct me.

Everything you accused me of is a lie. It's that simple. I read your comments. You are dishonest. I call what I see.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

lol of course.

this reminds me of those idiot coal rollers.

some people just have to be antagonistic, born with a stupid gene i guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@comp_atkins: If you mean the owner.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

Fine by me I think Hospitals should deny care for people that refused to wear the mask which has been proven to reduce the spread of Covid 2019, business should not be allowed to deny services at all unless there is some kind of misconduct by the customers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@sheep99: We are in the darkest days of the pandemic right now, over 130k cases and 2k dead all because conservatives wont do shit and even sabotage efforts to fight it. Truly disgusting.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Eoten
@thenation said:

Still waiting for eoten and the rest of the farm to show the same anger when people refuse to wear them. Wont happen.

I see people go into places masks are required all the time and not get kicked out. That owner needs his business harmed by this.

Dude, what the **** are you even talking about? I've said from the beginning that it should be left up to individual businesses and not mandated by federal decree. What part of that is so hard for you to understand? And there is no anger, why would there be? The restaurant had as much right to do what they did as business that kick people out for not wearing them.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Eoten
@sheep99 said:

Fine by me I think Hospitals should deny care for people that refused to wear the mask which has been proven to reduce the spread of Covid 2019, business should not be allowed to deny services at all unless there is some kind of misconduct by the customers

Does that include customers who do not wear masks?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@eoten: Case in point

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Eoten
@thenation said:

@eoten: Case in point

You have no point, just incoherent ramblings of hypocrisy. If you can deny services to someone not wearing a mask, you can deny them to someone wearing them as well.

Equal application of rules and logic seems incomprehensible to you.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 sheep99

@eoten: yes why not

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@thenation said:

@comp_atkins: If you mean the owner.

yeah, sorry. should have clarified.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 sheep99

@thenation: good let them die since its more republicans or trumpers that refuse to get vaccines or wear a mask, just means less voters for the Republican Party they want to be stupid let them be fine by me can’t even sit and have a normal conversation with dumb republicans and i am independent voter will always vote what is good for the country and put a party before the country, everything is conspiracy theory with them

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I think I've stated at multiple points that "non-vaccinated" is not a protected demographic so you can't do shit about workplace vaccine mandates, but maintaining that stance I must also acknowledge that neither is "mask wearer."

That all said this story seems stupid on all accounts, dumb and selfish call to go out with an immunocompromised child at all, dumb for a restaurant to kick someone out for masking.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Eoten

@sheep99 said:

@eoten: yes why not

You're saying hospitals should be allowed to deny people healthcare if they don't wear a mask but businesses shouldn't be allowed to deny people who don't? There's no consistency there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@eoten: There goes eoten personally attacking and missing the point….Again. Look up false equivalence before you run your mouth. You have yet to prove anything.

And yes, hospitals should be allowed and already are prioritizing care.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 sonic_spark

@LJS9502_basic: Dishonest? Based on what? Simply a meritless claim. This is a discussion gone nowhere.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

What kind of low IQ moron would kick someone out for wearing a mask during a pandemic.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@zaryia said:

What kind of low IQ moron would kick someone out for wearing a mask during a pandemic.

Roughly the same IQ of people who take an immunocompromised baby out to eat in public during a pandemic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LJS9502_basic  Online

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@zaryia said:

Roughly the same IQ of people who take an immunocompromised baby out to eat in public during a pandemic.

Ah yes. Playing fast and loose with facts again. That isn't what happened but you do you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Zaryia
@vl4d_l3nin said:
@zaryia said:

Agreed. Anyone who takes an immunocompromised baby to a restaurant during a pandemic is low IQ.

Just like , anyone who is anti-vacc or anti-mask during a pandemic is low IQ. (Barring the tiny % who have health issues doing both.)

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Zaryia
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Really? Which facts am I missing exactly?

"More likely, they heard around town this restaurant asks people to take their masks off and then decided to go there."

You need to back this quote up with citation.

Although I wouldn't expect an anti-vaxxer and anti-masker to ever provide facts or proof. Quite amazing how people can be so scientifically illiterate and willing to die because of a crazy cult (Q-Anon).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@vl4d_l3nin: Good thing they didnt

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Eoten
@zaryia said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

Really? Which facts am I missing exactly?

"More likely, they heard around town this restaurant asks people to take their masks off and then decided to go there."

You need to back this quote up with citation.

Although I wouldn't expect an anti-vaxxer and anti-masker to ever provide facts or proof. Quite amazing how people can be so scientifically illiterate and willing to die because of a crazy cult (Q-Anon).

Did I say that was fact? I said it's more likely. Reading comprehension is your friend. But unless you have evidence to the contrary, I see no reason why I shouldn't believe they went there to look for attention.

And your desperate attempt to discredit me as being an "anti-vaxxer" which I am not, just makes your post that much more laughable.

You lost this argument, now you're desperately trying to change the subject.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Zaryia
@eoten said:

Did I say that was fact? I said it's more likely.

Okay just wanted to make clear that quote was just you spouting garbage fiction, as you usually do.

When you say something is likely you should still back it up, otherwise don't put that qualifier. I'm glad we can both agree you made it up and it has no basis in reality.

@eoten said:

me as being an "anti-vaxxer" which I am not

@eoten said:

that injection is nothing more than your placebo

they decided to redefine what a vaccine is to back the Covid vaccine

🤣