Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@Maroxad: It's hard to believe there is enough people that would actually want to follow through with this. Maybe an in-the-moment flare-up of exasperation that lead to a remark but I still can't believe people who believe in democracy would actually want this. It seems like if anyone would seriously consider this then they should also seriously consider our history and the history of the world.

I think it is mostly due to a lot of othering, and social media riling up people's emotions. I have seen these sentiments grow over the past 6 years. And now we are seeing movments like the boogaloo boys.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I don't support telling the red states to get out, but if they ask, then we absolutely should listen.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
@PurpleMan5000 said:

I don't support telling the red states to get out, but if they ask, then we absolutely should listen.

No we should not. This entire idea (secession) is insane.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#55 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Well, I am glad most people here see just how bad of an idea secession is. Especially with comments like this propping up,

Divorce or not we still end up together in a society. We still need to be around different people and function together. Like I pointed out earlier, splitting us up makes us smaller, weaker. Our position in the world and our military strength and our constitution makes us strong. It was built on the ideal of different people having common ground and functioning. We need to prove that. We have done it and can continue to.

People in the EU have been having anti federal ideas. And oftentimes they fail to acknowledge that a country with only 5-10 million wont be able to stand up to countries that are 140 million strong. Especially as that 140 million country is already causing problems. If we band together, like never before, we may just get them to back off.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I think there's a higher chance of someone winning the mega-millions lotto twice in a row before any silly secession, but I do foresee lots of overtime in the future regarding rioting/unrest. Maybe the Mrs. will get her wish of a nice pool.

For now the laws, in place, and whatnot are stopping the union from seceeding.

I expect the US to get a lot of pro-secession politicians in the coming decades. Odds are however, much like the SNP, they probably wont get very far though. As right now, the majority of this support is found in only a few regions, which is to say, they wont get enough congresspeople. To really get anything done.

I believe any talk of secession from an elected official would be political suicide, but who knows after 2024.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PurpleMan5000

@LJS9502_basic said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

They simply do not provide value to the United States. Would you really support fighting a war to force them to continue to stay here, leech on tax revenue that comes from more prosperous states, fight against socialized medicine, fight against climate action, and elect presidents who lose the popular vote by millions simply because their votes count for more than people who live in urban areas? Let them run their own third world country if that is what they would prefer.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LJS9502_basic

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

They simply do not provide value to the United States. Would you really support fighting a war to force them to continue to stay here, leech on tax revenue that comes from more prosperous states, fight against socialized medicine, fight against climate action, and elect presidents who lose the popular vote by millions simply because their votes count for more than people who live in urban areas? Let them run their own third world country if that is what they would prefer.

Those ideologies exist in all states. And the opposite is true as well.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PurpleMan5000

@LJS9502_basic said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

I don't care that the ideologies exist. It just bugs me that they are firmly in the minority but get equal representation in our government, to the point that nothing ever gets accomplished. Remove the southern states and we will have quality healthcare within a year. Or fight a war to prevent them from leaving so we can bury a whole lot of dead people and continue to have a non-functioning government. Difficult choice.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LJS9502_basic

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

I don't care that the ideologies exist. It just bugs me that they are firmly in the minority but get equal representation in our government, to the point that nothing ever gets accomplished. Remove the southern states and we will have quality healthcare within a year. Or fight a war to prevent them from leaving so we can bury a whole lot of dead people and continue to have a non-functioning government. Difficult choice.

We do need to fix the system, yes. But that doesn't mean we tear the country up.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PurpleMan5000

@girlusocrazy said:

@PurpleMan5000: Sounds like wanting to throw out the baby with the bath water just because you can't immediately get what you want. That takes time and nurturing. If you promote this idea now someone else will promote it against you and then it's just fragmenting more and more from then on. What you propose is not a solution but literally sacrificing the country to circumvent some red tape and spats, which there will always be.

Not at all. I'm not saying we should kick them out. If they petition to leave, then we should do whatever it takes to make the process as quick and easy as possible for them, though. They would be doing everyone else a huge favor.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PurpleMan5000
@girlusocrazy said:

@PurpleMan5000: Whatever way you phrase it, it's splitting up the country. If you mean letting the people leave the country and going somewhere else in the world, it's up to the individual and they could always do so.

No, I'm saying that if a group of states decided they wanted to form their own country, the United States would realistically only have 2 options: let them go or go to war to keep them. And I'm saying that the states that might actually petition to leave are in no way, shape or form worth going to war to keep.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

The country is pretty much broken anyways. "Let's deal with global warming"; "global warming is a hoax". "Let's address the pandemic"; "the pandemic is a hoax".... etc

Let's be clear though, there's one side of the sociopolitical divide driving this disfunction.

Disagree. There's clearly two. It's mind boggling that there is this "with us or against us" mentality, when most voters, whether "left" or "right" are moderates. Social media, trash media, and a horrendous congress (both sides) are to blame.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PurpleMan5000

@girlusocrazy said:

@PurpleMan5000: Coming to that in the first place seems too far fetched to consider. If anyone is saying that now they must be grousing.

"We're leaving"

"No, you're not."

"OK, I guess we will stay, then."

That doesn't seem realistic to me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LJS9502_basic

@sonic_spark said:
@lamprey263 said:

The country is pretty much broken anyways. "Let's deal with global warming"; "global warming is a hoax". "Let's address the pandemic"; "the pandemic is a hoax".... etc

Let's be clear though, there's one side of the sociopolitical divide driving this disfunction.

Disagree. There's clearly two. It's mind boggling that there is this "with us or against us" mentality, when most voters, whether "left" or "right" are moderates. Social media, trash media, and a horrendous congress (both sides) are to blame.

No there's one. Whataboutism doesn't solve problems, it creates them. Nonetheless the red states rely heavily on tax dollars from blue states so they aren't going to secede. And those whining about it are doing just that.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PurpleMan5000
@sonic_spark said:
@lamprey263 said:

I honestly can't recall the last time I have heard any sort of real policy discussion coming from the right. They vote against whatever the democrats propose and fight in a "culture war" that no reasonable person cares about or even thinks about.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LJS9502_basic

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@sonic_spark said:

I honestly can't recall the last time I have heard any sort of real policy discussion coming from the right. They vote against whatever the democrats propose and fight in a "culture war" that no reasonable person cares about or even thinks about.

On that you are correct.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@girlusocrazy: Yeah. In fact, my whole Opening Post is all about 3 things,

1. The US needs to stick together.

2. Brexit was a disaster

3. EU needs to come together as well. United we stand, divided we fall.

Edit: and a poll with a lot of misguided people.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 PurpleMan5000

I think republican support would have to reach at least 60% before it's realistic to think that some states might try to leave. The southern states would basically become Haiti without Texas, so there are a lot of other considerations, like "Will Texas leave with us?" that would play out. I really don't think Texas would want to be a nation with the rest of the south. They would be more apt to go it alone.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I think we're overdue. Given that those on the left want to force you to think like them on every topic or you be punished in some fashion... online bullying and getting you fired from your job being a great example... I'm good splitting up.

The sheer amount of overreach that's allowed and that there are two different rule books for left and right shows just how divided we are. There will be no going back to the way things were. This is their new normal.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

All the angry forumites in the US would fit in Madison Square Garden. There ain't gonna be no split, there ain't gonna be no civil war. Some people just have small ideas and big heads.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PurpleMan5000

@br0kenrabbit said:

All the angry forumits in the US would fit in Madison Square Garden. There ain't gonna be no split, there ain't gonna be no civil war. Some people just have small ideas and big heads.

A few years ago, this would have been my take, but we have had a President Donald Trump. People are making personal healthcare decisions during a pandemic based on what they read from angry forumits, and 43% of all Americans are refusing to get a free vaccine. I completely believe that most of these people want to leave the United States, because they don't think rationally. Things may get better, but outside of some drastic change like some states leaving the union, I really don't see how things can possibly get better in my lifetime.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By br0kenrabbit
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

All the angry forumits in the US would fit in Madison Square Garden. There ain't gonna be no split, there ain't gonna be no civil war. Some people just have small ideas and big heads.

A few years ago, this would have been my take, but we have had a President Donald Trump. People are making personal healthcare decisions during a pandemic based on what they read from angry forumits, and 43% of all Americans are refusing to get a free vaccine. I completely believe that most of these people want to leave the United States, because they don't think rationally. Things may get better, but outside of some drastic change like some states leaving the union, I really don't see how things can possibly get better in my lifetime.

Being upset about the way things are is the American way. Read some history. The only difference now is everyone has a megaphone.

But it's a far cry from ticking an option in a poll to shouldering a rifle. Ain't gonna happen.

Look out your window. Do you see a civilization in distress? I don't. I see very comfortable people who like to grumble and complain. So, business as usual.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PurpleMan5000

@br0kenrabbit said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Being upset about the way things are is the American way. Read some history. The only difference now is everyone has a megaphone.

But it's a far cry from ticking an option in a poll to shouldering a rifle. Ain't gonna happen.

Look out your window. Do you see a civilization in distress? I don't. I see very comfortable people who like to grumble and complain. So, business as usual.

I'm not so sure they would have to shoulder a rifle. Polling shows that more than 40% of democrats are fine with them leaving. Is there anything measurable you can point to that shows they would be worth keeping?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 br0kenrabbit

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I'm not so sure they would have to shoulder a rifle. Polling shows that more than 40% of democrats are fine with them leaving. Is there anything measurable you can point to that shows they would be worth keeping?

Easy mode.

Here:

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#80 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8208 Posts

man o man please let the south do its own thing lol

I don't think it will actually happen but id be so down!!! No more California and New York fruits and nuts trying to take away our guns sounds amazing. Boys can be Boys and girls can be girls again and abortion can be seen as shameful again. Lord please let it happen. All these leftists asking for it too, maybe it is possible, id be so happy. I might even run for president of the south.

• I'd make my Supreme Court down in Texas
  • And we wouldn't have no killers getting off free
  • If they were proven guilty, then they would swing quickly
  • Instead of writing books and smiling on TV
  • I'd have all the cars made in the Carolinas
  • And I'd ban all the ones made in China
  • We'd put Florida on the right track, 'cause we'd take Miami back
  • And throw all them pushers in the slammer
Loading Video...

I PRAY TO GOD IT HAPPENS YEEEEEEEEE HAWWWW

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By PurpleMan5000

I think it would be pretty interesting to see polling specific to the south.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By br0kenrabbit
@sargentd said:

man o man please let the south do its own thing lol

Do you know what, other than Sherman's March, felled the Confederacy?

Google: Frank Lawrence Owsley The confederacy died of states rights

A southern government would be a hoot for those not living there.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 br0kenrabbit

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I think it would be pretty interesting to see polling specific to the south.

Many college towns in the south have more northerners than southerners. :-)

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 PurpleMan5000

Maybe once we ditch those southern losers, we can work out some sort of work/migration agreement between Canada and Mexico, similar to the EU. That would be great.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SargentD

@PurpleMan5000: no illegal aliens allowed in the south but we will let you pay their bus fare to send them to California and New York, you can have all of em! The south will only allow legal immigrants. Sounds like a good deal to me. Give us our independence!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#86  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@sargentd: No. You will continue to get immigrants and like it. The only reason you bash immigrants is because they vote blue, if they voted red it be all aboard.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SargentD

@br0kenrabbit: your probably right! But it's a new age, I'm not talking about the civil war of the 1800s. We will make it work. Different situation in 2021. Let a guy dream.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 PurpleMan5000

@sargentd said:

@PurpleMan5000: no illegal aliens allowed in the south but we will let you pay their bus fare to send them to California and New York, you can have all of em! The south will only allow legal immigrants. Sounds like a good deal to me. Give us our independence!!!

If it were up to me, you would already be free.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 PurpleMan5000
@thenation said:

@sargentd: No. You will continue to get immigrants and like it. The only reason you bash immigrants is because they vote blue, if they voted red it be all aboard.

A lot of them do vote red, though.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SargentD

@thenation: we only want legal upstanding immigrants!! no border jumpers. All the liberals can pay to have us send the border jumpers to your run down polluted cities! You can pay for them!!

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

@br0kenrabbit: your probably right! But it's a new age, I'm not talking about the civil war of the 1800s. We will make it work. Different situation in 2021. Let a guy dream.

The ideas and ideals that poisoned southern governance then have only grown in their respective theories. And I'm not talking about the 'lost cause' bullshit.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 br0kenrabbit
@sargentd said:

@PurpleMan5000: no illegal aliens allowed in the south

So what, only Comanches, Apaches, Karankawa, et al allowed?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SargentD

@br0kenrabbit: well of course natives are allowed silly. Just nobody jumping the border. Border jumpers get bus fare paid by Californians to send them there. I think we can make this work.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 PurpleMan5000

@sargentd said:

I think we can make this work.

I don't think you can, but I would love to see you try.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

@br0kenrabbit: well of course natives are allowed silly. Just nobody jumping the border. Border jumpers get bus fare paid by Californians to send them there. I think we can make this work.

What about all those white folk who came over the mountains a few generations ago? What with genocide and lies and all that?

All high and mighty on that sovereignty trip until you're on the other end. Don't be two-faced. Support your position 100% or not at all.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SargentD

@br0kenrabbit: the native tribes lost man, they had primitive technology and got beat. Part of US history and you know this story already Yes yes very sad like all stories of the past involving nations and conquest. Also don't get my hypothetical fantasy here twisted, whites don't just automatically get to become a citizen of the south either. We catch any goofy European whites jumping boarders they get their ass kicked out to. Enter legally or bust. The southern nation will defend its borders. Sounds amazing, let me dream.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

@br0kenrabbit: the native tribes lost man, they had primitive technology and got beat. Part of US history and you know this story already Yes yes very sad like all stories of the past involving nations and conquest. Also don't get my hypothetical fantasy here twisted, whites don't just automatically get to become a citizen of the south either. We catch any goofy European whites jumping boarders they get their ass kicked out to. Enter legally or bust. The southern nation will defend its borders. Sounds amazing, let me dream.

You ever play Tetris on killscreen? That's a rough representation of your southern border problem. Good luck. :-)

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SargentD

@br0kenrabbit: don't care about Russian video games in the southern nation. Not important!

Let me dream!! Or make my dreams reality 😉

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#99 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@sargentd: So now you make racist comments? Free country, they will continue to move into your neighbourhood and you cant stop them.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 PurpleMan5000

@br0kenrabbit said:
@sargentd said:

You ever play Tetris on killscreen? That's a rough representation of your southern border problem. Good luck. :-)

I think their southern border problem will fix itself. Mexico will be more prosperous than they are, so immigration will naturally flow the other direction.