2022 Midterms Election Thread: GOP wins narrow House majority, Democrats hold the Senate. Red Wave fails to materialize.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

I'd be surprised if R didn't win both. These are expected & typical cycles, even more so due during global economic problems.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@Serraph105: I'm more concerned with whether they go through with their default ultimatum.

What's the ultimatum?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Serraph105

@zaryia said:

I'd be surprised if R didn't win both. These are expected & typical cycles, even more so due during global economic problems.

I tend to agree, but I'm surprised we didn't find out last night to be honest in spite of several votes that we knew weren't going to be done counting last night, kinda thought republicans were going to way overperform. It's really easy to be a pessimistic democrat living in deep red Indiana, I never seem to predict wins of the people I support.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

I hope this election is a reality check to people who expected either a blue wave or a red wave. Especially the guys who have been bringing up the midterms for over a year now.

Don't count chickens before they hatch.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#55 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts

*reads title*

So much for that.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 920 Posts

If the Republican Party could have gotten better candidates than Mehmet Oz and Herschel Walker, and if they would also leave abortion alone, I think they would be a lot happier today.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8367 Posts

Surprised Fetterman won considering he has brain damage after having a stroke...

I mean I don't like Oz, thought he was a weak candidate, but the guy litteraly can't comprehend things said to him without a teleprompter...

Good luck to PA 👍

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3488 Posts

@sargentd: Biden has dementia and Trump has a severe personality disorder on top of his old age. You shouldn't be surprised.

Anyway

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SargentD

@kathaariancode: I just want republicans to take the house. will be enough to jam up these 2 more years with Biden.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3488 Posts

@sargentd: I'm fine with that as long as you guys keep fully supporting Trump.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#61 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@Serraph105: I'm more concerned with whether they go through with their default ultimatum.

Last time they did McConnell blinked and folded, problem is McCarty ain't half as smart as the Turtle and he may not know when to fold. If I'm Joe I use the same strategy, fold my hands and get into a staring contest and I suspect that's what the WH will do.

Republicans keep playing this stupid game and each time they keep winning even stupider prizes.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

How did fetterman win lol. That debate was awful. I guess it really doesn't matter who runs anymore. And I'll say the same thing if H Walker wins.

Fetterman is from PA. Oz is not.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SargentD

@kathaariancode said:

@sargentd: I'm fine with that as long as you guys keep fully supporting Trump.

Deal

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15592 Posts

@sargentd said:

Surprised Fetterman won considering he has brain damage after having a stroke...

I mean I don't like Oz, thought he was a weak candidate, but the guy litteraly can't comprehend things said to him without a teleprompter...

Good luck to PA 👍

Now that the campaign is finished Fetterman has 2 months to dedicate to recovery before he serves his term. He'll be in a perfectly acceptable state of mind by then, especially when compared with all the senile bastards in the senate.

Oz on the other hand will always be a snake oil peddler who murders animals for the grift. Can't escape that legacy.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SargentD

@Vaasman said:
@sargentd said:

Good luck to PA 👍

Now that the campaign is finished Fetterman has 2 months to dedicate to recovery before he serves his term. He'll be in a perfectly acceptable state of mind by then, especially when compared with all the senile bastards in the senate.

Oz on the other hand will always be a snake oil peddler who murders animals for the grift. Can't escape that legacy.

we shall see

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SargentD

Big victory for women! Arkansas has elected its first woman governor!

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Serraph105

@sargentd said:

@kathaariancode: I just want republicans to take the house. will be enough to jam up these 2 more years with Biden.

The Chips bill and the Infrastructure bill last year both had bipartisan support. Honestly, republicans and democrats may be more onboard with the Biden agenda than they say they are. It feels unlikely, but those are the votes. Do you really think republicans truly believed democrats when they said they would never pass the Build Back Better bill, which became the IRA shortly after the CHIPs act was passed, or do you think that's just what Republicans claimed shortly before giving democrats the votes needed to pass the Chips bill?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SargentD

@Serraph105: not a fan of Republicans either. I just dislike the Democrats more. Republicans also pass bad policy, I just believe Democrats pass even worse policy. The inflation reduction act was the last straw for me, passed a huge spending bill that does nothing to reduce inflation. At this point I'm only voting to stop Democrats. Not to support republicans.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23051 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@mattbbpl said:

What's the ultimatum?

Leadership has said they intend to use the debt limit next year as a way to force social security and Medicare cuts.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@Serraph105 said:
@mattbbpl said:

What's the ultimatum?

Leadership has said they intend to use the debt limit next year as a way to force social security and Medicare cuts.

republicans gonna republican

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7348 Posts

@mattbbpl: Right as Boomers are all starting to collect that shit? Do it GOP. I fucking dare you.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Serraph105

@sargentd said:

@Serraph105: not a fan of Republicans either. I just dislike the Democrats more. Republicans also pass bad policy, I just believe Democrats pass even worse policy. The inflation reduction act was the last straw for me, passed a huge spending bill that does nothing to reduce inflation. At this point I'm only voting to stop Democrats. Not to support republicans.

My point is though that the only real reason democrats got the inflation reduction act passed is because republicans gave their support for the CHIPs bill first, which republicans did because they were "under the impression" that the IRA didn't have the support needed to pass. Otherwise it's likely that the CHIPs bill is what would have likely been packaged as the reconciliation bill as opposed to the IRA.

The question I'm posing to you is, do you really think that republicans didn't believe that the IRA wouldn't pass on a party line vote when they supported the Chips bill, or do you think they understood what they were doing?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Serraph105
@mattbbpl said:
@Serraph105 said:
@mattbbpl said:

What's the ultimatum?

Ah, yes, that would be bad. Republicans are really gung ho about using their power and influence to hurt people for the benefit of big corporations and it's sad to me that people keep voting for them regardless, or even because of it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Serraph105
@judaspete said:

@mattbbpl: Right as Boomers are all starting to collect that shit? Do it GOP. I fucking dare you.

I fully believe republicans are willing to do it. They're not there for their voters, republicans are there for their rich donors. Plus, it's technically happening on Biden's watch so it will be seen as his fault.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SargentD
@Serraph105 said:
@sargentd said:

My point is though that the only real reason democrats got the inflation reduction act passed is because republicans gave their support for the CHIPs bill first, which republicans did because they were "under the impression" that the IRA didn't have the support needed to pass. Otherwise it's likely that the CHIPs bill is what would have likely been packaged as the reconciliation bill as opposed to the IRA.

The question I'm posing to you is, do you really think that republicans didn't believe that the IRA wouldn't pass on a party line vote when they supported the Chips bill, or do you think they understood what they were doing?

no republicans voted for the "inflation reduction act" in the house.

They supported the infrastructure bill without this spending incorporated in it..

Manchin ****** up and voted for it, pissed off most WV voters, but they are stuck with him until 2025.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/117-2022/h420

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Serraph105

@sargentd said:
@Serraph105 said:
@sargentd said:

no republicans voted for the "inflation reduction act" in the house.

They supported the infrastructure bill without this spending incorporated in it..

Manchin ****** up and voted for it, pissed off most WV voters, but they are stuck with him until 2025.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/117-2022/h420

So you believe that republicans trusted Joe Manchin's lie then. That's all I'm getting at here. When republican supported chips, they believed Manchin when he lied about not supporting the IRA.

I'm not arguing that republicans voted for the IRA, just that by voting for the chips bill, it gave democrats the space and time to push through the IRA on a party line vote.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Apparently that's all that's required.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

@LJS9502_basic: Apparently that's all that's required.

Fetterman is recovering. He has policies to help Americans which is what Democrats want. Republicans just like voting against themselves.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 comp_atkins

looks like it'll come down to georgia again in the senate assuming nevada stays as is.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Zaryia

@sargentd

Do you agree with these Republicans?

Republicans Are Blaming Trump for Midterm Disappointments With No Red Wave (businessinsider.com)

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SargentD

@zaryia: no

I don't agree

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Zaryia

Democrats smashed the ‘red wave’ in Michigan, winning all statewide offices and the state Legislature | Politics & Elections | Detroit | Detroit Metro Times

Republicans should stick to lying about the economy rather than talking about gay math books and calling everyone and everything they dislike a child predator.

This fake culture war stuff, apart from being low IQ, just ain't it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SargentD

Dang Miami voted red. That's surprising.

DeSantis put in work in Florida. Very popular. (Trump has competition, would love a Trump/Desantis ticket tho :)

Don't think Florida can be counted as a swing state anymore. Seems solid red

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/massive-desantis-rubio-wins-have-florida-and-miami-dade-seeing-red/2904788/

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SargentD

@zaryia said:

Democrats smashed the ‘red wave’ in Michigan, winning all statewide offices and the state Legislature | Politics & Elections | Detroit | Detroit Metro Times

Republicans should stick to lying about the economy rather than talking about gay math books and calling everyone and everything they dislike a child predator.

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SargentD

@comp_atkins said:

looks like it'll come down to georgia again in the senate assuming nevada stays as is.

Go Walker!!! Guys a Legend!!

Loading Video...
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:
@zaryia said:

A youtube video with a speech from a backwards psycho doesn't refute my factual statements.

Most Important Problem | Gallup Historical Trends

Poll: Abortion and inflation collide as top issues in midterm elections : NPR

Muh culture wars didn't even rank in the 5% for issues nationally. In some polls it's less than 1%. People don't hate gays as much as you think they do.

I'm literally trying to do you guys a favor by telling you to stick with lying about the Economy rather than banning a book because it talked about a black person. It's advice.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

Generally surprised by the democrats' thought they were gonna get pwned *sighs

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4388 Posts

fl self interest... gov wise... has never been a thing for 40 years now.

general most policy by the gov and state rep have not help fl in anyway.

photo op for hurrican check/money he claim(just re purpose fed funds),a insurance sector imploding in both house and health care, infrastructure even worst! i can keep going.

fyi i was no fan of crist ether

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

@sargentd said:

Dang Miami voted red. That's surprising.

DeSantis put in work in Florida. Very popular. (Trump has competition, would love a Trump/Desantis ticket tho :)

Don't think Florida can be counted as a swing state anymore. Seems solid red

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/massive-desantis-rubio-wins-have-florida-and-miami-dade-seeing-red/2904788/

Yeah, Florida is a red state.

And DeSantis is basically Trump, except intelligent.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#90 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

After last night I don't see how DeSantis doesn't challenges Trump for 2024 unless he is a simp.

As for Joe, take this is as your final win and ride off to the sunset. I feel it is kind of irresponsible for Biden to run at this stage of his life, with some signs of slippage on his part. If he were to die or become incapacitated after winning the Dems nomination unopposed it would throw the country into chaos.

You ain't that special Joe, other people in you party can do politics and win, if you give them a chance.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17689 Posts

LOL, for as bad as republicans are claiming Biden and democrats to be, it's a pretty damn big referendum on them when they can't even meet expectations of historical precedent, much less convince Americans that democrats are so miserable as opposed to what they're offering. Maybe Trump doesn't stand a chance in '24 after all....

Perhaps the majority of America is sick and tired of and finally seeing through the lying and propaganda the cul....excuse me, the republican party, is pushing.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Those in this thread that are Republican and want Trump and DeSantis to run, don’t understand the damage that will do to the GOP. It will cause a Civil War among the party. For the Democrats, you 110% want a Trump vs DeSantis primary. Those who have no faith in politics, and just want to be entertained, you 200% want a Trump vs DeSantis primary.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Serraph105

@goldenelementxl: I want politics to be good for the poor and middle class, and I want it to be boring

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#94 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

Not really surprised by any of the California elections, although I was hoping Lanhee Chen would have performed better in the race for state controller. It's almost impossible to run for any state wide election as a Republican in California though.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:
@comp_atkins said:

He's absolutely insane and you should be trying to hope for a better candidate for your party/ideology.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Serraph105

So it appears at least some republicans are taking out their frustration on Donald Trump. Nice to see at least some can start to turn away from a failed president and future presidential candidate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/09/us/politics/trump-republicans-midterms.html

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 comp_atkins

@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:
@comp_atkins said:

He's absolutely insane and you should be trying to hope for a better candidate for your party/ideology.

if he doesn't win on dec 6th, maybe he can use his fake deputy badge to execute an arrest on warnock

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I think a lot of folks voted early, prior to the debate, or simply didn't watch the debate anyhow.

Tho to be honest, it's pretty sad that Fetterman and Oz were really the two best candidates for the job. Seriously, a guy who won't be able to communicate properly in the Senate, who completely lied about his stance on fracking, vs a TV celeb that offers often very questionable medical advice lol.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SargentD

@appariti0n: right lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LJS9502_basic

@appariti0n said:

@mrbojangles25: I think a lot of folks voted early, prior to the debate, or simply didn't watch the debate anyhow.

Tho to be honest, it's pretty sad that Fetterman and Oz were really the two best candidates for the job. Seriously, a guy who won't be able to communicate properly in the Senate, who completely lied about his stance on fracking, vs a TV celeb that offers often very questionable medical advice lol.

Fracking isn't popular so I doubt that mattered to anyone.