2022 Midterms Election Thread: GOP wins narrow House majority, Democrats hold the Senate. Red Wave fails to materialize.

Avatar image for Master_Live
Master_Live

20510

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Talking time is over, time to put up or shut up. The only poll that counts is today's. But I won't let that deter me from showing you 538's model forecast.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-election-forecast/house/?cid=rrpromo

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-election-forecast/senate/?cid=rrpromo

Avatar image for Master_Live
Master_Live

20510

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

So are you ready to elect some election deniers or what?

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

55609

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55609 Posts

I like to be optimistic. Warnock and Ossoff won in special elections where turnout normally wouldn't be that great. Under the right circumstances, and I think those circumstances are present now, dems can win if Warnock can pull a win over Walker but I'm more amaze this race is tight between the two.

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

7816

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 7816 Posts

Gotta vote out the Democrats. They are doing a horrible job.

Avatar image for Serraph105
Serraph105

36033

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36033 Posts

I think it's fair to say democrats are going down in both houses. I hope I'm wrong, but.....

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

49512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#6 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49512 Posts

Don't really have any predictions or expectations race wise (don't really care either), but fully expect election shenanigans to dominate the news cycle for months...Which will undoubtedly start the next snowball of presidential 2024 shenanigans. Either way, the election cycles are tiring and I can't wait for my friggin' mailbox to stop being spammed with so much crap. With me being registered as a Republican, and my wife a Democrat, I feel like they double the spam mail to our house.

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

8671

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

I expect a fair bit of the media over the next month will be working overtime trying to spin a big loss into a positive for them. And they've already been whining about election integrity, they'll definitely ramp that up after the big L.

Avatar image for nirgal
Nirgal

533

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 533 Posts

If republicans win this election will be considered fair.

Except for the seats they did not win...

Avatar image for kathaariancode
KathaarianCode

3288

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3288 Posts

There's no way Republicans don't win, they might as well close shop if they don't. It's just unfortunate that they'll elect some borderline mentally challenged candidates. If it wasn't for that there would be a much more decisive win.

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

7816

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 7816 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: I'm not a registered Republican. But I'm a Trump fan, my wife is a registered Democrat. How do you guys manage talking about these things lol?? Like I have no issue with her voting for her Democrats, she's her own person and can vote however she wants. Her big thing is mental health, my big thing is the economy. But I swear she comes at me sometimes anytime politics gets brought up lol. Just rare I hear from other people in relationships with differed politics. We get along great and then on these election days we just kind of avoid the conversation.

Avatar image for Solaryellow
Solaryellow

7034

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Later tonight we will finally be done with all of the nonsensical political ads bombarding every piece of media, cell phones, etc..,? Each year or so when it looks as if it can't get any worse, it does.

Avatar image for tjandmia
tjandmia

3720

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3720 Posts

@sargentd: Horrible job? 10.5 million new jobs, better GDP growth than Trump or Obama, the largest wage growth for the bottom and middle America in 50 years, with the highest corporate profits on a decade? That's a bad job to you? 🤣

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

178739

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178739 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Later tonight we will finally be done with all of the nonsensical political ads bombarding every piece of media, cell phones, etc..,? Each year or so when it looks as if it can't get any worse, it does.

Yes the Oz ads made it hard to watch Penguin games.

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

7816

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#14 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 7816 Posts

@tjandmia: that sounds good if you ignore record breaking inflation lmao

You are delusional if you think the economy is great.

Avatar image for Vaasman
Vaasman

15502

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#15 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15502 Posts

@sargentd said:

@tjandmia: that sounds good if you ignore record breaking inflation lmao

You are delusional if you think the economy is great.

Just curious but what are you expecting the Republicans to do about inflation if they win? It's being created by external factors and corporate greed. Please explain the Republican plan for both.

Avatar image for tjandmia
tjandmia

3720

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#16 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3720 Posts

@sargentd: Inflation it's a GLOBAL ISSUES, and despite it, Democrats have created 10.5 jobs, raised wages, and have higher GDP growth than under trump. **** your feelings. The numbers speak the truth.

Avatar image for Master_Live
Master_Live

20510

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#17 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Avatar image for Master_Live
Master_Live

20510

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#18 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

That Tapper tie looks quite dashing.

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

7816

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 7816 Posts

@Master_Live: Rand Paul is my favorite. Wanted him to be president. Hope Trump picks him as VP 2024.

Avatar image for Master_Live
Master_Live

20510

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

8671

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#21 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Hah, even a seat in Guam went red. Holy crap dems are getting SLAUGHTERED.

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

8671

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@sargentd said:

@tjandmia: that sounds good if you ignore record breaking inflation lmao

You are delusional if you think the economy is great.

Just curious but what are you expecting the Republicans to do about inflation if they win? It's being created by external factors and corporate greed. Please explain the Republican plan for both.

Yeah sure, corporate greed which has been a constant in commerce for hundreds of years is suddenly responsible for the very recent massive spike in inflation and not policies that have damaged supply chains or flooded the market with trillions of dollars. Yeah, sure, corporate greed's to blame. Get our torches and pitchforks and let's go burn down another pharmacy!

Thankfully, the American voter isn't buying that BS.

Avatar image for Vaasman
Vaasman

15502

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15502 Posts
@eoten said:
@Vaasman said:

Just curious but what are you expecting the Republicans to do about inflation if they win? It's being created by external factors and corporate greed. Please explain the Republican plan for both.

Yeah sure, corporate greed which has been a constant in commerce for hundreds of years is suddenly responsible for the very recent massive spike in inflation and not policies that have damaged supply chains or flooded the market with trillions of dollars. Yeah, sure, corporate greed's to blame. Get our torches and pitchforks and let's go burn down another pharmacy!

Thankfully, the American voter isn't buying that BS.

Pretty sure I didn't ask you, but it's easily provable that price hikes on certain goods did not match the inflation rate or supply chain needs, and exacerbated the issue by extension. Not to mention that doesn't even answer my question. Why are you such a garbage posting farmbot?

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

57940

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#24 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 57940 Posts

I'm honestly kind of tired of it at this point.

Outside of me doing research on specific people, there is no real unified plan to fix any of our larger-picture problems right now. Not that things are exactly terrible, it's just inflation and frankly there are so many factors to that outside our control I'm not really sure about that even.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Don't really have any predictions or expectations race wise (don't really care either), but fully expect election shenanigans to dominate the news cycle for months...Which will undoubtedly start the next snowball of presidential 2024 shenanigans. Either way, the election cycles are tiring and I can't wait for my friggin' mailbox to stop being spammed with so much crap. With me being registered as a Republican, and my wife a Democrat, I feel like they double the spam mail to our house.

Yeah. The text messages are also annoying.

Need laws for election cycle length, both for midterms and presidential and everything. I think one month is enough. Most of us already know who we are voting for anyway.

I feel like we've been hearing about this stuff for like 3+ months just in relation to midterms.

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

8671

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#25 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@eoten said:
@Vaasman said:

Just curious but what are you expecting the Republicans to do about inflation if they win? It's being created by external factors and corporate greed. Please explain the Republican plan for both.

Yeah sure, corporate greed which has been a constant in commerce for hundreds of years is suddenly responsible for the very recent massive spike in inflation and not policies that have damaged supply chains or flooded the market with trillions of dollars. Yeah, sure, corporate greed's to blame. Get our torches and pitchforks and let's go burn down another pharmacy!

Thankfully, the American voter isn't buying that BS.

Pretty sure I didn't ask you, but it's easily provable that price hikes on certain goods did not match the inflation rate or supply chain needs, and exacerbated the issue by extension. Not to mention that doesn't even answer my question. Why are you such a garbage posting farmbot?

Posting the holes in your "it's corporate greed" fallacy is not being a "garbage posting farmbot." But blaming "corporate greed" which has been a constant for hundreds of years on a current trend lasting only a couple is much closer to "garbage posting farmbot" activity.

Avatar image for firedrakes
firedrakes

4331

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#26 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

fl elected a qanon stripper...

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

7816

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 7816 Posts

@firedrakes: Democrats probably paid for her campaign ads

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

9129

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

8671

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#29 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Looks like dems already got busted with election interfering in one state with poll workers encouraging people to vote Democrat, and Pennsylvania "ran out of paper" for ballots. Aren't they supposed to know how many registered voters there are in their county? How do they run out?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

10904

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 10904 Posts

@eoten said:

Looks like dems already got busted with election interfering in one state with poll workers encouraging people to vote Democrat, and Pennsylvania "ran out of paper" for ballots. Aren't they supposed to know how many registered voters there are in their county? How do they run out?

Looks like there's already excuses why the red wave became a watergun spritzing

Avatar image for tjandmia
tjandmia

3720

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#31 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3720 Posts

@eoten: Record corporate profits tell us corporate greed is a large part of inflation. What are these policies that caused supply chain issues, issues that began in the first quarter of 2020?

Avatar image for Vaasman
Vaasman

15502

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#32 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15502 Posts

Landsman projected to upset Chabot in Ohio 1.

I've done my part.

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

8671

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#33 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@tjandmia said:

@eoten: Record corporate profits tell us corporate greed is a large part of inflation. What are these policies that caused supply chain issues, issues that began in the first quarter of 2020?

No, it doesn't. Automation alone results in higher corporate profits. Reduction of costs in materials lead to higher profits. Do you even know the basics of how a business works?

Avatar image for tjandmia
tjandmia

3720

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#34 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3720 Posts

@eoten said:
@tjandmia said:

@eoten: Record corporate profits tell us corporate greed is a large part of inflation. What are these policies that caused supply chain issues, issues that began in the first quarter of 2020?

No, it doesn't. Automation alone results in higher corporate profits. Reduction of costs in materials lead to higher profits. Do you even know the basics of how a business works?

You think there has been a reduction of materials for business? Lol. What happened to inflation? 10.5 million new jobs have been created in less than 2 years. Automation has done nothing. Sorry, but we're seeing a strong economy with average 477k new jobs per month. The economy is red hot.

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

7816

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#35 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 7816 Posts

@tjandmia: it's jobs we closed down during covid that come back when we stopped doing ridiculous lockdowns

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

10904

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 10904 Posts

Shapiro of all people putting the cherry on top of this night. LOL! So much for that shellacking

Avatar image for MirkoS77
MirkoS77

17620

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#37 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17620 Posts

So much for that massive red wave. 😂

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

57940

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 57940 Posts

Looks like Oz lost, Fetterman won. Thank god. And Boebert looks like she lost. It's late so maybe the official count is in idunno.

The lesson here is this: don't **** with dogs. You kill dogs, you lose the vote

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Shapiro of all people putting the cherry on top of this night. LOL! So much for that shellacking

"Red wave to red wedding."

This might be the first time I've ever chuckled and enjoyed something Shapiro has said. Then I heard his voice in my head and I didn't like it anymore.

Avatar image for joshrmeyer
JoshRMeyer

12560

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12560 Posts

How did fetterman win lol. That debate was awful. I guess it really doesn't matter who runs anymore. And I'll say the same thing if H Walker wins.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
Gaming-Planet

21063

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#40 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21063 Posts
@joshrmeyer said:

How did fetterman win lol. That debate was awful. I guess it really doesn't matter who runs anymore. And I'll say the same thing if H Walker wins.

It doesn't anymore. People vote based on partisanship now because of the reputation of both parties. Social media has also made voters more misinformed.

Avatar image for kathaariancode
KathaarianCode

3288

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#41 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3288 Posts

Keep backing Trump and the only red wave you'll have is from the party bleeding. And this is against a Biden's presidency. lmao

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

23685

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23685 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

How did fetterman win lol. That debate was awful. I guess it really doesn't matter who runs anymore. And I'll say the same thing if H Walker wins.

That is a good question. The debate sure was awful.

My hunch is due to a change of spread of information. People gain access to political info a lot more easily these days with the internet and social media (disinformaton as well), Debates are no longer as decisive as they used to be, and fulfill more of a role of affirmation rather than information. Of course, I am no sociologist, so take my word with a grain of salt. But still, I just wanted to say... good question.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

57940

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#43 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 57940 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

How did fetterman win lol. That debate was awful. I guess it really doesn't matter who runs anymore. And I'll say the same thing if H Walker wins.

I think this speaks more of how disliked Oz is.

Also that debate was minutes out of a months-long campaign where Fetterman just destroyed Oz for most of it. I think it's easy to write off the debate performance; dude had a stroke, end of story.

@Maroxad said:
@joshrmeyer said:

How did fetterman win lol. That debate was awful. I guess it really doesn't matter who runs anymore. And I'll say the same thing if H Walker wins.

That is a good question. The debate sure was awful.

My hunch is due to a change of spread of information. People gain access to political info a lot more easily these days with the internet and social media (disinformaton as well), Debates are no longer as decisive as they used to be, and fulfill more of a role of affirmation rather than information. Of course, I am no sociologist, so take my word with a grain of salt. But still, I just wanted to say... good question.

Also Oz tortured dogs. It might just be as simple as that 😋

Avatar image for firedrakes
firedrakes

4331

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#44 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Looks like Oz lost, Fetterman won. Thank god. And Boebert looks like she lost. It's late so maybe the official count is in idunno.

The lesson here is this: don't **** with dogs. You kill dogs, you lose the vote

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Shapiro of all people putting the cherry on top of this night. LOL! So much for that shellacking

"Red wave to red wedding."

This might be the first time I've ever chuckled and enjoyed something Shapiro has said. Then I heard his voice in my head and I didn't like it anymore.

thank god boebart lost... am still shock mtg one thru.. i would never ever trust her with the nukes.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

57940

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#46 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 57940 Posts

@firedrakes said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Looks like Oz lost, Fetterman won. Thank god. And Boebert looks like she lost. It's late so maybe the official count is in idunno.

The lesson here is this: don't **** with dogs. You kill dogs, you lose the vote

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Shapiro of all people putting the cherry on top of this night. LOL! So much for that shellacking

"Red wave to red wedding."

This might be the first time I've ever chuckled and enjoyed something Shapiro has said. Then I heard his voice in my head and I didn't like it anymore.

thank god boebart lost... am still shock mtg one thru.. i would never ever trust her with the nukes.

I wouldn't read too much into MTG. There was no chance there I think, her district is just awful.

Avatar image for Serraph105
Serraph105

36033

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36033 Posts

So with Republicans winning the house that means the "Trump was innocent" arguments are coming because Republicans in the house will have dissolved the January 6 investigations. Just a heads up.

Avatar image for tjandmia
tjandmia

3720

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3720 Posts
@sargentd said:

@tjandmia: it's jobs we closed down during covid that come back when we stopped doing ridiculous lockdowns

Wrong. Most lockdowns ended by mid 2020. When Trump left office, there were 3 million fewer people working than when he took office, plus he left office with a recession. Biden has seen 10.5 million new jobs. Sorry, but you can't weasel your way out of it with dumb talking points.

Avatar image for The_Deepblue
The_Deepblue

1484

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#49 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

DeSantis' performance is encouraging, but overall, disappointing performance for the R's.

Avatar image for mattbbpl
mattbbpl

22976

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#50 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 22976 Posts

@Serraph105: I'm more concerned with whether they go through with their default ultimatum.