Why do people hate Gamestop?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Matagalpa48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Matagalpa48
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts
I've heard alot of people say the Gamestop sucks and that they will never enter that store ever again, especially after they confirmed the MGS4 Limited Edition as a Gamestop Exclusive. Is it that you don't like the people, or how the store operates? What's the deal?
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

I've heard alot of people say the Gamestop sucks and that they will never enter that store ever again, especially after they confirmed the MGS4 Limited Edition as a Gamestop Exclusive. Is it that you don't like the people, or how the store operates? What's the deal?Matagalpa48

Mainly it is how the store operates. They are pushed and held accountable to shove crap that most don't want down thier throats. If they do not produce the correct numbers the employees get fired. This leads to employees lieing to make goals as thier income depends on it. They will suggest games that suck just to sell them. Although a person doesn't have to listen and can do thier own research it is just the principle. This is just for starters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
I only like 2 guys at my local gamespot. Thet are actually cool. Everyone else sucks
USAFCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 USAFCOM
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts
I never really had a problem thier except for when they try to sell you stuff you dont want. oh ya and thier was that one time when i got kicked out for farting in thier store
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
I go to a few Gamestops near work and one near home. I've had no problems with any of the workers there. They may share their opinions on games/consoles, but that's just it, they are just opinions, just like everyone else has. And even though people may hate Gamestop, it hasn't stopped them from making BILLIONS in profit, each year so I assume more people love them, than hate them. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

[QUOTE="avataraang1"]I only like 2 guys at my local gamespot. Thet are actually cool. Everyone else sucksTaijiquan

These 2 hate their jobs.

I lol'd
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

I go to a few Gamestops near work and one near home. I've had no problems with any of the workers there. They may share their opinions on games/consoles, but that's just it, they are just opinions, just like everyone else has. And even though people may hate Gamestop, it hasn't stopped them from making BILLIONS in profit, each year so I assume more people love them, than hate them. :)feryl06

It's more of a necessity than lack of hate. I know I go to gamestop since the other small game stores near me have closed down. The workers there can be really fanboyish at times. Even to the point that they'll suggest buying the cheaper console when you already said what you wanted. Sometimes they are also very clueless about games. Nothing against them personally just kinda an odd fact. Also sometimes they give you the shelf copy of a game and charge you full price for it even though it's not new. Their buyback is pretty crappy and they jack up the prices on the used games. Again, this is nothing against the workers personally.

I never really had a problem there except for when they try to sell you stuff you dont want. oh ya and thier was that one time when i got kicked out for farting in thier storeUSAFCOM

Really? They kicked you out for that? That sucks. My friend farted in there once and all they did was make some funny faces.
LocalGod_TM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LocalGod_TM
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

it hasn't stopped them from making BILLIONS in profit, each year so I assume more people love them, than hate them. :)feryl06

or 95% of the people in the world are morons, and are too oblivious to know whats goin on let along make rational purchases... so they feed like sheep on gamestops fodder and keep the buisness going... we are minority TC my friend, 5% is only a small piece of the profits:P

Avatar image for whatevermanplay
whatevermanplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 whatevermanplay
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

first off im druck so im sorry for the bad spelling. Game stop is a good store unless it is in a mall then 9 tims out of ten it is to small to fit all the games in and youl feal llike your in japan or some other contry with population isues. how ever when it is in say a strip mall where there is more rooms game stop is a grreat store. and if you can find a good one that has all the games youll ever want you keep going there the imployes start to remember who you are. once when i lived in new mexico one of the imployes sorta new me because i was in there so much and he knew what i liked and told me he had this one game in the back that had not bin put on the shelves yet and wondered if i wanted a coppy. i said yes and got the game a day earlyer then every one elts. lol remember im drunk and i use the word game lusly. hahaha giggle is ithis spam i cant tell hehe thats what hapens when you go to a bar and thay have laptops in side for who ever to uyse im going to get a nother drikn. lol

Avatar image for whatevermanplay
whatevermanplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whatevermanplay
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

what planet are you living on? did you used to work at the store? lol pleas reply to this im to drunk to make a coherant argument and my spelling is bad normaly but now i cant even gess what im put ing up here i should probly deleat this and not post it but in all the game stops i have ever bin to and i havebin to about 20 diferent game stops in about 4 or 5 diferant states and thay have to be doing something right because thay have vurtualy bought our ever other compediter in the indistry.? am i make ing any sence? just tell me and ill stay away from the sight when im driking

LocalGod_TM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LocalGod_TM

so lets get this straight... you went to a bar, got on a computer, saw this post and felt that you absolutly had to put in your 2 cents ...so you made a new acct and posted? ahaha

wooo buddy go get another drinkand party hard for both of us... im stuck at work:(

LocalGod_TM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LocalGod_TM

so lets get this straight... you went to a bar, got on a computer, saw this post and felt that you absolutly had to put in your 2 cents ...so you made a new acct and posted? ahaha

wooo buddy go get another drinkand party hard for both of us... im stuck at work:(

gamestops not bad... they always have games on time, they always have the SE versions and mostly their prices are preety fair... i think people hate the employees more then the store itself... i guess a knowledge of games is not soemthing they always look at when hiring (equal opportunity ehhh)...so naturally it is very possible taht the people who work their could care less about what games you play... as long as they are doing good in the eye of their managers they could care less... like buddy up their said... so really it shuold be i hate MY local gamestop not gamestop in general... i know mine is stupid, the people know nothing...everytime i ask about a game they look at me confused... but i ahve been to good ones too...so who knows

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Because they seem to have a "we hire incompetant jerks" policy. I will walk in and ask for something that is on the counter or in the case behind them (multiple copies) and they will say they are out of stock. That is unexceptable.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#14 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

some people don't like control. rebels. first off, half the people are kids they don't have too much responsability besides obeying the law. if someone wants to buy there games somewhere else thats their right. shoot if there was a real gaming boutique then i am down for it, but htere just isn't too many of those. i've only herd of one really really good in in LA.

I've heard alot of people say the Gamestop sucks and that they will never enter that store ever again, especially after they confirmed the MGS4 Limited Edition as a Gamestop Exclusive. Is it that you don't like the people, or how the store operates? What's the deal?Matagalpa48

PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

My only problem is that they don't care to carry more than a couple copies of the PS3 exclusives and the local people are XBOX fanboys. Oh, and they act like we're all soccer moms trying to buy games for our children.

It's a sad thing when I can't find a PS3 new release at Gamestop, but Best Buy has like 10. So, yeah.

MonkaTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 MonkaTG
Member since 2006 • 2596 Posts

[QUOTE="Matagalpa48"]I've heard alot of people say the Gamestop sucks and that they will never enter that store ever again, especially after they confirmed the MGS4 Limited Edition as a Gamestop Exclusive. Is it that you don't like the people, or how the store operates? What's the deal?Taijiquan

Mainly it is how the store operates. They are pushed and held accountable to shove crap that most don't want down thier throats. If they do not produce the correct numbers the employees get fired. This leads to employees lieing to make goals as thier income depends on it. They will suggest games that suck just to sell them. Although a person doesn't have to listen and can do thier own research it is just the principle. This is just for starters.

I work at GameStop... and sales of games, software, hardware, accessories anything doesnt help or hurt me.. so i dont recommend ppl crappy games nor do i discourage them from buying them.. i remain indifferent unless i am asked or unless it is a customer that i hav come to kno

breaker07087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 breaker07087
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts
The one by where I live is full of reject employees. I ask for help and they make an expression like if you're bothering. IT"S YOUR JOB TPO HELP THE CUSTOMERS! (bunch of bastards). And being a game edge card member makes not difference. I traded in tyrok and nba 2k8 and only got $22.84 in store credit. There's no other place to go but gamespot. PRICKS
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#18 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

first off im druck so im sorry for the bad spelling. Game stop is a good store unless it is in a mall then 9 tims out of ten it is to small to fit all the games in and youl feal llike your in japan or some other contry with population isues. how ever when it is in say a strip mall where there is more rooms game stop is a grreat store. and if you can find a good one that has all the games youll ever want you keep going there the imployes start to remember who you are. once when i lived in new mexico one of the imployes sorta new me because i was in there so much and he knew what i liked and told me he had this one game in the back that had not bin put on the shelves yet and wondered if i wanted a coppy. i said yes and got the game a day earlyer then every one elts. lol remember im drunk and i use the word game lusly. hahaha giggle is ithis spam i cant tell hehe thats what hapens when you go to a bar and thay have laptops in side for who ever to uyse im going to get a nother drikn. lol

whatevermanplay

lol:lol:

bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 bluewrxman
Member since 2004 • 1799 Posts

whatevermanplay

have one for me man

gamerf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamerf6
Member since 2006 • 229 Posts
this is how crapy my locals gamestop r> the 1 near my skool which always give me probs tells me i cant get mgs cause the chance 2 preorder 2 get beta ended last week. i go 2 another 1 of my local gamestop and they chance hand me a beta.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
I like it because they sell video games. That's good enough for me.
Beejy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Beejy
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts

The fact that they sell you games considered "brand new" which they already opened is a deal break for me. IMO once that seal has been broken, it should be sold as used.

Make sure you guys double check your game before you leave the store BTW. I have had the opportunity of them slipping me a demo disk instead of the actual game a couple of times and thankfully I have caught it before leaving (they probably didn't do it on purpose, user error, but you never know...they are kids). I would have been pi**ed if I drove all the way home (1 hour drive) and found out that I had a demo!

s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 s-baller23
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
Stores like Gamestop and EB Games get a bad rep for the fact that they rip you off when trading games. For example I just beat Heavenly Sword so I can use that as an example. I bought the game for about $65 including tax. I beat the game so now I want to sell it. I go to Gamestop and they only offer me a measly $15. WTF dude? Then if I go for the deal, which I'm not dumb enough to do so, they sell it for 3 to 4 times the price they gave you. And that's for store credit btw. For cash, they take a percentage out. That's why I always sell my stuff on eBay. I'll probably get $35-$40 for Heavenly Sword when I list it tomorrow.
LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts
I think the question should be "Why do people hate Gamespot?"
LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts
I think the question should be "Why do people hate Gamespot?" I have lots of reasons and I'm sure most people do.
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts

People have good reasons to hate gamestop.

First, they have no guarantees. Preorders = if they get enough of a game, you have a decent chance of getting it. Rarely do stores actually get preorder bonuses either. AND they rarely call you, when they're supposed to. Exactly why some people came away from that zelda wind waker bonus disc, unhappy. Most stores simply gave them out.

2ndly, you have it where gamestop rarely has a true new game. New= sealed, and nothing inside has been touched outside of the main manufactures. What does gamestop normally do? Open up the games, put them in a slip case, and say its new on the box. False advertisement. Just because its never been played, doesn't make it new. If that was the case, you'd be able to take back dvds-games to a store that requires it to be new when the shrinkwrap is off, and you never even used the disc.

3rd- Most stores try convince you into things. "Do you want to preorder X game? Only 5$ down" "How about this strategy guide?" "How about getting it used? You get 5$ off, and the disc is in playable condition* Things such as that. Which brings me to my last one I'll mention, before this gets too long.

And lastly- used games do not really benefit publishers, and are usually in absolustly crap condition. Sure, sometimes you actually get a used game with a decent disc bottom. BUT RARELY does the case actually come presentable. Its always scratched, beat up, and looks like its been through a few storage facilities. I buy used games from half/ebay all the time, and they ALWAYS come in better condition than what I get from gamestop.

Beejy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Beejy
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts

First, they have no guarantees. Preorders = if they get enough of a game, you have a decent chance of getting it. Rarely do stores actually get preorder bonuses either. AND they rarely call you, when they're supposed to. Exactly why some people came away from that zelda wind waker bonus disc, unhappy. Most stores simply gave them out.

2ndly, you have it where gamestop rarely has a true new game. New= sealed, and nothing inside has been touched outside of the main manufactures. What does gamestop normally do? Open up the games, put them in a slip case, and say its new on the box. False advertisement. Just because its never been played, doesn't make it new. If that was the case, you'd be able to take back dvds-games to a store that requires it to be new when the shrinkwrap is off, and you never even used the disc.

3rd- Most stores try convince you into things. "Do you want to preorder X game? Only 5$ down" "How about this strategy guide?" "How about getting it used? You get 5$ off, and the disc is in playable condition* Things such as that. Which brings me to my last one I'll mention, before this gets too long.

And lastly- used games do not really benefit publishers, and are usually in absolustly crap condition. Sure, sometimes you actually get a used game with a decent disc bottom. BUT RARELY does the case actually come presentable. Its always scratched, beat up, and looks like its been through a few storage facilities. I buy used games from half/ebay all the time, and they ALWAYS come in better condition than what I get from gamestop.

hazuki

Well stated.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts

Most of their used games come with no manual, no original case, and scratched up discs...and they're overpriced. They buy your used games from you, but offer you a crappy deal, not anywhere near what your games are worth, then they turn around and overcharge for reselling them. They also slap those stupid yellow stickers everywhere they can, on the front, on the back, on the manual, on the disc...and then we have to friggin take them off trying not to ruin the game. Have you tried using steam to take them off, standing over your stove of boiling hot water? Absolutely hate the stickers.

Even new release games aren't even in stock..

The fact that they're a video game store, and pretty much the only one around, and they don't carry old games or systems, was always something I found frustrating. We need a video game store like in Japan, where they stock games/systems of old and new.

And lastly, yeah, most of the employees I've encountered at Gamestop have no clue what they're talking about. I've pretty much found no reason to ever shop at Gamestop again. My new games I will get from bestbuy, my used games from ebay.

jeffbase33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jeffbase33
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts

hazuki

You beat me to it. The not "new" games are my number 1 reason that I hate this store. A few weeks ago, I went in to buy Crisis Core. I picked up the display copy. I see the clerk open up the display copy and insert a disc and start to ring it up.

"Hold on bud. You don't have a sealed copy?"

"No sorry sir, but this is still brand new"

"I only wanted sealed"

"Can I ask why"

"Well for one thing, you got stickers all on the case, one inside the plastic"

"Oh I can remove those for you, no problem"

"Well I am particular about that if I am paying full price"

THe clerk acted like I was being anal which pisses me off. I ran to the Walmart across the street and bought a true new copy of Crisis Core.

They want to argue with me every time, and I don't like that. And their stickers on used cases are hard to peel off.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

I manage a store in the mall, so I'm in my local GameStop a lot, and have a good relationship with the people that work there. While I understand what everyone here is saying, it does come off like a bunch of whining to me .

You know, no one there forces you to trade in games for super cheap prices, right?

No one makes you buy used games with generic packaging, stickers, potential of scratches on the disc.

No one makes you buy the last "new" copy of a game, and if so, so what. Is it that big a deal that the game has been opened, if everything is there and in perfect shape?

It's retail, folks. It's a business. They're trying to make money, and from everything I've read, they're doing a hell of a good job at it, especially in a bad US economy. If you feel GameStop treats you badly, there are many other places in most towns that sell video games, as well as online.

Just my two cents.

DWCsUpAFrEaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DWCsUpAFrEaK
Member since 2004 • 192 Posts

i actually dont hate gamestop.. truth be told its probably the best place for me to get my games on release day or on time.. but i will say that i hate a majority of Gamestop employees.. i hate them because they always act like they know more about games than you do.. when ever im there i ask about certain releases or games and they answer my question with a very Smug or "Matter of fact"-ly look on their face.. thats when i end up saying something that they didn't know and make them put their foot in their mouth..

although i can say that my most recent interactions with gamestop employees has been better as they have been able to cooperate with me and have some decent gamer conversations.. oh well .. you take what you can get with them..

strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts

The only thing that really bothers me is the pushing of used/open games on people. When I walk in and see a bunch of sealed copies of COD4 in the case thats what I want. Sure I understand its in the stores best interest to sell me a used copy where they make 25 bucks off the sale as opposed to the 5 they'll get by me buying a new copy. But if they suggest a used copy and I say "No, I want a sealed one" I don't want to be badgered into hearing "But dude, its only plastic, why do you care?" 6 times, after I say I don't buy used games.

Having said that, Gamestop is my last resort on any given day to find games after Walmart/Futureshop/Blockbuster/etc are sold out.

septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts

Taijiquan

That's ridiculous. I used to manage a GameStop (store #2753 in Urbandale, IA), and I can tell you that employees are not pushed to "shove crap people don't want down their throats". Sure, there are goals set for employees on things like reservations. Are you telling me that the people who pre-order their games from GameStop don't want those games?

And yes, GameStop employees have goals set on how many GameInformer subscriptions/Edge cards they can sell in a week, but for crying out loud, they're not on commission.

If you hate GameStop for these reasons, you should try buying a car from a dealership.
septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 septemberluc

Taijiquan

That's ridiculous. I used to manage a GameStop (store #2753 in Urbandale, IA), and I can tell you that employees are not pushed to "shove crap people don't want down their throats". Sure, there are goals set for employees on things like reservations. Are you telling me that the people who pre-order their games from GameStop don't want those games?

And yes, GameStop employees have goals set on how many GameInformer subscriptions/Edge cards they can sell in a week, but for crying out loud, they're not on commission. I bet customers really hate getting that 10% discount on used games, the extra 10% on trade-ins, and the year of GameInformer magazine.

If you hate GameStop for these reasons, you should try buying a car from a dealership.
Akush47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Akush47
Member since 2005 • 1611 Posts

i had problems but i just go there anyways to buy my games.!

-first- i know what i want to buy and if they try to change my mind abouta certain game i want, then i go off making fun of them guys, probably like "hey are you stuuuuuuupit!? i want this game only. HOW DUMB CAN YOU GAMESTOp pplz be? cant understand what the custumer want? how about i tell your stoooooopit ass to buy this hello kitty game would you like that shiet? i guess not"

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#36 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
People hate it because it's pretty much a monopoly and the employees are not the most knowledgable sources for their own products...
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts

I manage a store in the mall, so I'm in my local GameStop a lot, and have a good relationship with the people that work there. While I understand what everyone here is saying, it does come off like a bunch of whining to me .

You know, no one there forces you to trade in games for super cheap prices, right?

No one makes you buy used games with generic packaging, stickers, potential of scratches on the disc.

No one makes you buy the last "new" copy of a game, and if so, so what. Is it that big a deal that the game has been opened, if everything is there and in perfect shape?

It's retail, folks. It's a business. They're trying to make money, and from everything I've read, they're doing a hell of a good job at it, especially in a bad US economy. If you feel GameStop treats you badly, there are many other places in most towns that sell video games, as well as online.

Just my two cents.

ItsEvolution

You're right, no one forces us to do any of that...and that's why I/others don't bother going there.

Kruegmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#38 Kruegmeister
Member since 2003 • 539 Posts
I hate Gamestop Because: 1) They Don't allow pre-orders for Systems. This makes it so the Ebay Campers get all the Systems at Launch. The Best way they could offer pre-orders is to offer it to there Best Customers. The Ones who spend their Cash there. Instead Every Launch system ends up in the Hands of Gamestop employees buddies. Then they split the Cash... 2) Most the employees there are Gamers but own a 360 and most 360 owners are "Fanboys" So you tend to get really bad and biased information from them. For Fun I ask questions there that I know the answer too. You would be amazed at the answers, Try it... I used to exclusively shop at EB Games in the Mall by me. They would always give me a heads up on New system arrivals and I would preorder from them. Now that they are Gamestops I can not preorder anymore, so why shop there exclusively... Target has the same stuff Best Buy has the Same stuff. In fact when I was picking up one PS3 game they didn't have any. They gave me the "You should have pre-ordered it" Line. I walked next store to Target and they had plenty of them. Boy you really taught me a lesson...
Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
i'm friends with the manager and one of the workers at my gamestop, so I can't complain. I end up recommending as many games to them as they do to me lol. I have heard workers at other gamestops try to sell stuff to people that didn't want it, but I usually step in and tell them if they need it or not. Especially if it is a game like Beowolf lol. They do rip you off on games, but it's better to get something than nothing, as I don't trust ebay myself. I'll buy stuff cause I can cancel if they don't send it, but I don't trust selling stuff yet. I'd rather get 20 bucks for no more heroes after i beat it than let it sit there.
Avatar image for flaminshadowman
flaminshadowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 flaminshadowman
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

when i ask them for some info on the ps3, they said i need a credit card to play the system, WTF THATS SOME BULLSH!T

then when i ask them if i can play their systems, they said no you need a state id, wtf

septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 septemberluc

when i ask them for some info on the ps3, they said i need a credit card to play the system, WTF THATS SOME BULLSH!T

then when i ask them if i can play their systems, they said no you need a state id, wtf

flaminshadowman

Ok, I simply don't believe that ever happened.
PaisaPlaya510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PaisaPlaya510
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
cuz theyre corupt and wanna make every penny out of us. thats why they buy our used games for 10% actual value and sel it for 80%. thats why im done trading in games like sum idiots.
strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts
Well they are a business and thats how they make their fortune. If gamers stood up and refused to take such low money for games or pay such high prices for used games they couldn't do it. So it's our own fault. And seeing how there will never be some unified approach, Gamestop can do what they want. Vote with your dollars and go elsewhere if people hate it.
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts

I actually like GameStop. They had MGS: TEC when no other store even had it in theire online catalog. Same with the DUALSHOCK 3 and the Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 DVD.

Panther_Dud_E3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Panther_Dud_E3
Member since 2006 • 145 Posts
simply because they charge tax and chek id's
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts

i hate them because they made fun of my for buying a ps3 game because it was for ps3.

and because when my mom went their to buy me "bluetooth headset for ps3" (thats exactly what my list read) they suggested a USB headset that said ps3 on it. i took it back with her and asked if they sold bluetooth headsets and they said they didn't know you needed one for ps3.

shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts
[QUOTE="flaminshadowman"]

septemberluc

you do need a credit card to buy things online if thats what they ment, but i dont believe that either unless they hated u

Ok, I simply don't believe that ever happened.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
they rip you off big time and most of the people who work there are obnoxious and have a very limited knowledge on videogames.
septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 septemberluc

i hate them because they made fun of my for buying a ps3 game because it was for ps3.

and because when my mom went their to buy me "bluetooth headset for ps3" (thats exactly what my list read) they suggested a USB headset that said ps3 on it. i took it back with her and asked if they sold bluetooth headsets and they said they didn't know you needed one for ps3.

shroom76

Now, I realize that we've established that GameStop employees are nothing more than the devil incarnate, but is it really beyond the realm of logical thinking that this particular one was simply... oh, I don't know... trying to save your mom some money?